Upgrading Memory on an Acer Netbook

The magic smoke.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

StrengthInFaith

Upgrading Memory on an Acer Netbook

Postby StrengthInFaith » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:30 am UTC

Hi there. I'm buying an Acer Aspire One D250-1515 netbook. I'm very impressed with it, but I'd like to upgrade the memory from 1 GB to 2 GB when it gets here. I've determined that it uses 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, with the SO DIMM 200-pin form factor. Some searching eventually brought me here. I'd like a bit of feedback and advice before I buy something. All of the memory there runs at 1.8V; does that sound about right? Will having a higher or lower latency/timing have any effect, besides the speed decreases/increases? Which manufacturer would you recommend? (I've heard good things about Kingston and Corsair.) Do you really think I need to upgrade the memory at all? :P

PhoenixEnigma

Re: Upgrading Memory on an Acer Netbook

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:38 am UTC

Newegg is good. RAM is, more or less, mostly RAM. Pretty much everything I'm seeing on that page is from a pretty decent manufacturer, as well, except for WINTEC whom I've not heard of. As for wanting 2GB RAM - yes, you do. Given that you're already losing RAM to the Intel graphics, 1GB is pretty sketchy to be running anything beyond XP and firefox with some tabs open.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

Return to “Hardware”