Controversial opinions about food

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Re: Controversial opinions about food

Postby Bakemaster » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:41 pm UTC

Whitekiboko wrote:Would have to be all beef.

Alright, here's an opinion for this thread. All-beef hot dogs are not better than other hot dogs. Just because they're more expensive (or Kosher) people think they're higher quality. Baloney! Blends are far superior.

Deutschmacher Natural Casing is an old friend. And don't let me catch you with ketchup on your hot dog.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

zombie_monkey

Postby zombie_monkey » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:42 pm UTC

Also:
Bologna -- strange, but I guesss ok
Pastarmi = Пастърма? I guess it's ok but isn't it way too dry for a pizza topping?

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:55 am UTC

Pastrami is closer to salami than to jerky (which is what GT told me "Пастърма" is).
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

I hope Heaven has a periscope to Hell, because humans are really only happy relative to other humans.
- Zach Weinersmith

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:51 am UTC

I would call it closer to roast beef. Salami is on the dry side in comparison.
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:48 am UTC

It's like ham, except beef.
Honesty replaced by greed, they gave us the reason to fight and bleed
They try to torch our faith and hope, spit at our presence and detest our goals

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:50 pm UTC

Thesh wrote:It's like ham, except beef.

This sentence hurts my brain so much.

Also:
Bakemaster wrote:And don't let me catch you with ketchup on your hot dog

This isn't controversial, this is fact. ketchup does not belong in the same room as a proper hot dog/sausage. Also, I'll take extra kraut on that as well...and if you even try to add yellow "mustard" I will end you.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Whitekiboko

Postby Whitekiboko » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:23 pm UTC

Bakemaster wrote:
Whitekiboko wrote:Would have to be all beef.

Alright, here's an opinion for this thread. All-beef hot dogs are not better than other hot dogs. Just because they're more expensive (or Kosher) people think they're higher quality. Baloney! Blends are far superior.

I never mentioned anything about superiority, I was talking from personal preference. I don't give a pig's ass about kosher, it's just that several of the all beef brands (nathan's, hebrew nat'l are up there) are generally better than most of the mixed brands i've tried. There are exceptions to the all beef rule (Ball Park, I'm looking at you). Maybe it's the spices mixing with the liquified fat, I dunno. You have let them get to the point where they start shrinking and the skin alligators (without too much char). I'll take a gas station dog on rollers any day over dirty water feces.

Chicken in a hot dog is wrong, so gwaltney can go self fornicate.

Whitekiboko

Postby Whitekiboko » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:27 pm UTC

Oh, re: ketchup. I only ever buy it for Lexington-style BBQ sauce. At home it's simply dog and bun. Gas stations - onion, japs, probably the hot nacho 'cheez.'

mathmannix

Postby mathmannix » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:07 pm UTC

I prefer hot dogs to have other toppings instead of catsup - my favorite is probably Dijon mustard and sauerkraut - but the fact remains that for convenience, catsup and yellow mustard are what are usually available, like at a ballgame or street vendor, usually with the options of pickle relish and/or diced onions as well. At home, because my options are limited, I usually have mustard and Parmesan cheese.

Here in America, the combination of catsup-mustard-relish is so ubiquitous, it is sold together at Wal*Mart:

Note the suggested toppings: for the cheeseburger (from what I can make out) - ketchup (as it is so labeled), mustard, and a slice of lettuce; for the hot dog - ketchup, mustard, and pickle relish. (Generally hamburgers get pickle slices instead of relish, and often tomato slices instead of - but sometimes in addition to - catsup.)
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

Quizatzhaderac

Postby Quizatzhaderac » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:58 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:A new pizza place opened in my town (bringing the sum total of pizza places to 1). Their meat lovers pizza includes, wait for it...
If you don't mind my asking, where are you from, that doesn't have pizza? My first guess would be a Midwestern hamlet of about ~5000.

Canned tuna fish is unacceptable in polite company. If one must eat it, do so outside or in the bathroom.

Regarding fries: I usually stick to boring ketchup or the provided seasoning, but I'm accepting of people dipping them in virtually anything (gravy, sweet and sour, BBQ, soy sauce, chocolate).

Mayo is flavorless and unsavoury and only serves to cover up ingredients that are unacceptably dry. As a linguistic issue, all mayo "-salads" need to be renamed, yielding the named space to lettuce based salads.

Cheesecake fails as a dessert. It's only a little tasty, which fails to justify sending a nutrition-less brick to the bottoms of my stomach.

Clams should never be fried.

Marmite and Vegemite are brands of shoe polish. There is a running practical joke where Aussies and Brits will try to trick foreigners into eating it.

Every restaurant (regardless of theme) should be able to serve a vegan dish.
Personally, I don't care if my meal was a baby animal cooked alive in it's mother's milk while it's mother was forced to watch; it represents a flexibility too many restaurants fail at. A restaurant I can't bring people to isn't somewhere I want to eat; between Hindus, Jews/Adventists, Muslims, hippies, other kind of Hindus, and the culturally lactose intolerant: it can become complicated in a large group. For reference, many restaurants around me seem to think vegetables are unsafe unless cooked in pork grease.

Using forks where chop-sticks are appropriate and eating Italian pasta with a spoon are the equivalents of drinking out of sippy-cups: practical for children who are expected to make a mess of the dinner table.

Several people have asked what's controversial about cold pizza for breakfast. IMHO: Pizza should be served just cool enough to not burn the mouth. Likewise eating it in the morning doesn't make it breakfast anymore than a 1 pm nap makes it night. I realize this is just my prejudices, but I file it next to Bachelor Salad in my head: something one could do, but only if they're in a sad or inconvenient place.
The thing about recursion problems is that they tend to contain other recursion problems.

Dthen
Still hasn't told us what comes after D

Postby Dthen » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:47 am UTC

Wow, those are some controversial opinions.
Dthen wrote:I AM NOT A CAT.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:51 am UTC

Quizatzhaderac wrote:Cheesecake fails as a dessert. It's only a little tasty, which fails to justify sending a nutrition-less brick to the bottoms of my stomach.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:47 am UTC

So all you eat for dessert is what, chewing gum?
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Kewangji wrote:I can solve nothing but I'd buy you chili ice cream if you were here, or some other incongruous sweet.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:40 am UTC

Quizatzhaderac wrote:Cheesecake fails as a dessert. It's only a little tasty, which fails to justify sending a nutrition-less brick to the bottoms of my stomach.

There's cheesecake and cheesecake - New York style cheesecake is indeed not that tasty IMO (mainly because, like most American desserts, it is far too sweet)*, German cheesecake (with quark) is, however, wonderful.

*Standard conversation in our kitchen: "oh, it's an American recipe, you'll want to halve the sugar....and where did I put the damn measuring spoons, why can't they list ingredients by weight (in grams) like sensible people?"

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:26 pm UTC

I much prefer using measuring cups and spoons - I don't own a scale and it's so much easier to be able to just scoop out all the ingredients.
'Look, sir, I know Angua. She's not the useless type. She doesn't stand there and scream helplessly. She makes other people do that.'
GNU Terry Pratchett

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:46 pm UTC

I have a measuring jug which has gradations for weight for a variety of uniform solids.

My only annoyance is that it doesn't have Rice as a measurement.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

speising

Postby speising » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:48 pm UTC

Angua wrote:I much prefer using measuring cups and spoons - I don't own a scale and it's so much easier to be able to just scoop out all the ingredients.

yeah, eg. when you have a recipe with "2 cups apples".

mathmannix

Postby mathmannix » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:43 pm UTC

speising wrote:
Angua wrote:I much prefer using measuring cups and spoons - I don't own a scale and it's so much easier to be able to just scoop out all the ingredients.

yeah, eg. when you have a recipe with "2 cups apples".

Well, a recipe calling for a 2 pounds of apples wouldn't be much better - recipes using things like that should say "5 largish apples" or something like that. Even worse is when a recipe calls for a half-cup of eggs, rather than 3 eggs. But, if your recipe calls for apples, I assume it means sliced or chopped apples, so you chop up apples into a measuring cup until it gets to the line. As long as you have enough apples, it's not a problem (same with eggs) - the tough part is knowing how many you need to have before you start.

On a slightly different note, my mother always cooks with the maxim in her head "a pint's a pound the world around", regardless of density! Of course, it is true with sticks of butter, four sticks = 1 pint = 1 pound (= 1 box).
Last edited by mathmannix on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:45 pm UTC

Of course you would prefer using measuring cups if you don't own a scale! :wink:

A scale is however objectively better in a number of ways, particularly for baking:
  1. It allows the "one bowl" method of measuring where you measure each ingredient in turn into the same bowl, re-zeroing the scale between ingredients. This saves a lot of washing out of cups
  2. It allows much easier ingredient substitution e.g. recipe calls to melt 1 cup of granulated sugar, I only have icing sugar, if I'm weighing, no problem, if I'm using cups I have to look up some conversion table to give me the relative density of icing and granulated sugar.
  3. It doesn't depend on how the ingredients are prepared - how small do I cut my apples before measuring 2 cups? What if the recipe calls for finely chopped apples, but I like my apple pies with coarsely chopped apples?
  4. Solid ingredients are sold by weight, not by volume (at least in the UK), therefore I can make sure I buy the right amount. I can also quickly chuck a partially used bag of something on the scales to see if I have enough or need to buy more.

I actually do prefer volume measurements for small amounts of liquids or powders that don't need to be accurate - measuring 2 tablespoons oil is more convenient than weighing the same amount, but in baking quantities are normally fairly large for the main ingredients, and need to be measured fairly accurately.

mathmannix wrote:Well, a recipe calling for a 2 pounds of apples wouldn't be much better.

Don't greengrocers/supermarkets have customer-use scales in the US? Everywhere does in the UK for precisely this reason - if I need 2 pounds of apples, I just measure 2 pounds of apples in the shop (plus a bit extra to account for the cores).
Last edited by Quercus on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:50 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Quizatzhaderac

Postby Quizatzhaderac » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:48 pm UTC

Quercus wrote:There's cheesecake and cheesecake - New York style cheesecake is indeed not that tasty IMO (mainly because, like most American desserts, it is far too sweet)*, German cheesecake (with quark) is, however, wonderful.

*Standard conversation in our kitchen: "oh, it's an American recipe, you'll want to halve the sugar....and where did I put the damn measuring spoons, why can't they list ingredients by weight (in grams) like sensible people?"
Well it's mainly because I don't care for savory desserts; either the cream cheese overwhelms the sweetness or there's so much sugar it's basically a cake made out of icing.
Weeks wrote:So all you eat for dessert is what, chewing gum?
Almost all desserts have a density significantly between chewing gum and cream cheese (well technically the gum's much denser than the cheese, but nobody's suggesting swallowing a quarter pound of gum): Flour cakes, cookies, ice cream (dense, but has the decency to be a liquid in the stomach), cannolis, carrot cakes, crème brûlée, baklava, pies, brownies, et cetera. I'm quite fond of dessert, just not cheesecake.
Last edited by Quizatzhaderac on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
The thing about recursion problems is that they tend to contain other recursion problems.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:59 pm UTC

mathmannix wrote: On a slightly different note, my mother always cooks with the maxim in her head "a pint's a pound the world around", regardless of density! Of course, it is true with sticks of butter, four sticks = 1 pint = 1 pound (= 1 box).

Useful metric equivalent: water based fluids are almost exactly 1kg/litre, most cooking oils are about 900g/litre .

Polite inquiry: does your mother's baking turn out right with that maxim?

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:32 pm UTC

mathmannix wrote: recipes using things like that should say "5 largish apples" or something like that.

That is clearly the worst possible solution, especially for something like apples, which can be anywhere from olive-sized to more than a kilogram.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

Quizatzhaderac

Postby Quizatzhaderac » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:01 pm UTC

It'd be nice to offer an example in addition to a canonical quantity: x grams of apple (typically about n <type> apples).
Come to think of it, if I write a cookbook I might just include volume, weight and number of all ingredients. Also if it's a web page, have the decency to localize the units.

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:28 pm UTC

Quizatzhaderac wrote:It'd be nice to offer an example in addition to a canonical quantity: x grams of apple (typically about n <type> apples).

And this is clearly the best solution.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:49 pm UTC

Measuring flour by volume is also objectivly terrible.

One cup of flour can weigh anywhere from 110g to 130g, depending on the compaction rate, reletive humidity, moisture level in the flour, phases of the moon, what you had for breakfast, etc. This makes results very inconsistant.

If you are baking bread/pastry (and I did professionally), and a recipe only lists ingrediants by volume, then it is not worth making that recipe. The standard test for if I'm going to buy a new baking book: if they list volume measurments only, there is no way in hell I'm buying it (on the same note for trying a recipe on some bakers blog).

There are many good (American) books that measure things sensibly, but they are not geared twards the casual reader, a few that I would suggest (for desserts) are:

Tartine By Chad Robertson, of the famed Tartine bakery in San Fransisco. His other 2 books are fantastic as well, Tartine bread, and Tartine 3. The latter two are focused almost entirely on naturally-levianed country-style breads.

Professional Baking By Wayne Gisslen, this is actually a baking textbook, any version is pretty good, less for bread, but for standard dessert recipies, which are listed by weight and by ratio, so you can scale them to whatever size you want. I go to this one quite a bit for standards like muffins, basic cookies, pie crust, etc.

Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cookies By Alice Medrich. This book is the everything cookie dessert book. I've probably mentioned it elsewhere in the cooking board. The brownies in here are what I bought the book for, and they are everything I want in brownies, and if you don't believe me, go ahead and look up one of the recipes (I love the bittersweet chocolate brownies, which have about 6x the amount of chocolate than flour, and not wimpy chocolate either, proper 70% cocoa and above chocolate, melted from a good bar, of course)

Also, I'm betting that people who don't like the idea of weighing ingrediants have never owned a digital scale, and most of their recipe library lists things by volumn.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

roband

Postby roband » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:18 pm UTC

Fuck "cups" and fuck "onion soup mix" as an ingredient.

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:19 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:One cup of flour can weigh anywhere from 110g to 130g, depending on the compaction rate, reletive humidity, moisture level in the flour, phases of the moon, what you had for breakfast, etc. This makes results very inconsistant.
If it varies by humidity, wouldn't that affect the quality of what you're baking too? Presumably you should always use dry flour to get the best results?
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

roband

Postby roband » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:23 pm UTC

Pre-bake your flour, kids.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:39 pm UTC

bigglesworth wrote:
freezeblade wrote:One cup of flour can weigh anywhere from 110g to 130g, depending on the compaction rate, reletive humidity, moisture level in the flour, phases of the moon, what you had for breakfast, etc. This makes results very inconsistant.
If it varies by humidity, wouldn't that affect the quality of what you're baking too? Presumably you should always use dry flour to get the best results?

Well, yes, but I'm talking more about how flour from a store near the beach in flordia in summer is going to have a different humidity than flour bought in Nevada. "dry" is reletive, also, all this factors in too: http://www.ndsu.edu/ndsu/simsek/wheat/flour.html Just weigh your flour and don't use cups like a fool. this is the controversial thread afterall.

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:07 pm UTC

This is the controversial opinions thread, that's why I'm arguing with you :mrgreen:

If a big difference is humidity, then won't weighing flour be just as inaccurate as measuring it by volume? Your icky Florida flour is going to have less flour by weight compared to your Nevada flour.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:18 pm UTC

Solution: don't go to or do anything whatsoever in Florida for any reason.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:33 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:Solution: don't go to or do anything whatsoever in Florida for any reason.

This is the the only sane and logical conclusion.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:32 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:Measuring flour by volume is also objectivly terrible.

One cup of flour can weigh anywhere from 110g to 130g, depending on the compaction rate, reletive humidity, moisture level in the flour, phases of the moon, what you had for breakfast, etc. This makes results very inconsistant.

If you are baking bread/pastry (and I did professionally), and a recipe only lists ingrediants by volume, then it is not worth making that recipe. The standard test for if I'm going to buy a new baking book: if they list volume measurments only, there is no way in hell I'm buying it (on the same note for trying a recipe on some bakers blog).

This. Cooking is an art, but baking is precision chemistry by comparison. Amounts of ingredients, time, temperature and humidity are all critically important for consistently successful baking.

That reminds me - I need to buy a precision balance (of the kind used for certain herbal preparations) to weigh out the yeast and salt for home-scale preferment recipes (my current scale can't measure 50mg of yeast, which is what one of my recipes uses for 3 loaves).

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:41 pm UTC

Quercus wrote:That reminds me - I need to buy a precision balance (of the kind used for certain herbal preparations) to weigh out the yeast and salt for home-scale preferment recipes (my current scale can't measure 50mg of yeast, which is what one of my recipes uses for 3 loaves).

A hack a bread book I had for this (Artisen breads across america) was to measure out 1g of yeast in, say, 100g of water, allow it to dissolve, then only use half of the liquid, subtracting this amount from the total liquid in the recipe, this would approximatly give you half the amount of measured yeast.

edit: if you're going to be using 50mg of yeast in 3 loaves of bread, why bother using yeast at all as a preferment? Start doing a pate fermente (saving a portion of a previous bread to use for the next bread's levining) or a sourdough culture (what I do)

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:49 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:
Quercus wrote:That reminds me - I need to buy a precision balance (of the kind used for certain herbal preparations) to weigh out the yeast and salt for home-scale preferment recipes (my current scale can't measure 50mg of yeast, which is what one of my recipes uses for 3 loaves).

A hack a bread book I had for this (Artisen breads across america) was to measure out 1g of yeast in, say, 100g of water, allow it to dissolve, then only use half of the liquid, subtracting this amount from the total liquid in the recipe, this would approximatly give you half the amount of measured yeast.

edit: if you're going to be using 50mg of yeast in 3 loaves of bread, why bother using yeast at all as a preferment? Start doing a pate fermente (saving a portion of a previous bread to use for the next bread's levining) or a sourdough culture (what I do)

Ahh, would that I could! I am an "occasional" baker due to lack of time and stupid schedules (at least until I've finished my PhD). A pate fermente will not last a month, and a sourdough culture, while a lovely thing, is a pain in the arse to maintain if you're not baking regularly.

What I haven't yet tried is making an active sourdough, then drying and freezing it to create a stock which can then be reactivated as necessary - this is the only way I think sourdough could be manageable for the occasional baker (once a month or less).

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:46 am UTC

You can keep your starter tamed in the fridge. Make something quick and easy every now and again if you can't keep up by bread alone. Some friends of mine use crumpets as a fallback.

Baking may be precision chemistry in some instances, and measuring by weight may be unreservedly awesome, but you will never convince me to throw out my cups. Lots of recipes start out with "about so much" flour and end up with whatever you needed to get the dough right. Big difference between e.g. focaccia and genoise as far as precision is concerned.
Quizatzhaderac wrote:nobody's suggesting swallowing a quarter pound of gum

Well now, that depends. Would you consider it?
Quizatzhaderac wrote:cannoli's

ಠ_ಠ

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:53 am UTC

Time to eat some cannoli's, hope they don't have fungi's.
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Kewangji wrote:I can solve nothing but I'd buy you chili ice cream if you were here, or some other incongruous sweet.

Quizatzhaderac

Postby Quizatzhaderac » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:51 pm UTC

Bakemaster wrote:
Quizatzhaderac wrote:nobody's suggesting swallowing a quarter pound of gum

Well now, that depends. Would you consider it?
Gum's taste vector generally has a direction of nice and a magnitude of meh; I've never had a gum I'd want in my mouth so much to justify that adamantine 4 oz lump n my stomach. Maybe if it was from Giovanni Cannoli's bakery.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:55 pm UTC

Bakemaster wrote:You can keep your starter tamed in the fridge. Make something quick and easy every now and again if you can't keep up by bread alone. Some friends of mine use crumpets as a fallback.

Hmm, now that's a good idea - I love crumpets.

Bakemaster wrote:Baking may be precision chemistry in some instances, and measuring by weight may be unreservedly awesome, but you will never convince me to throw out my cups. Lots of recipes start out with "about so much" flour and end up with whatever you needed to get the dough right. Big difference between e.g. focaccia and genoise as far as precision is concerned.

It's still quicker to stick the mixing bowl on the scale and pour the flour straight from the bag into it, even if you only need "about so much".

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:16 pm UTC

My mum has a sourdough culture that she just lets sit in the back of the fridge. Sometimes she goes ages without making any bread - when that happens she wakes it up by feeding it a day or two before she makes something.
'Look, sir, I know Angua. She's not the useless type. She doesn't stand there and scream helplessly. She makes other people do that.'
GNU Terry Pratchett

Return to “Food”