Kitchen Problems (and Solutions!)

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Re: Kitchen Problems (and Solutions!)

Postby Thesh » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:35 pm UTC

Late to the party, but have you tried those silicone baking cups?
Honesty replaced by greed, they gave us the reason to fight and bleed
They try to torch our faith and hope, spit at our presence and detest our goals

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:37 pm UTC

I did not know that these were a thing. I'm experimenting with just spraying the pan for now and seeing how that goes.
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

I hope Heaven has a periscope to Hell, because humans are really only happy relative to other humans.
- Zach Weinersmith

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:55 pm UTC

Thesh wrote:Late to the party, but have you tried those silicone baking cups?

Ooh, that reminds me - I need to get some more of those, my housemate just moved out and took hers with her :( :( (1.99 sad faces for lovely housemate leaving, 0.01 for the loss of the baking cups).

I find them to be very useful indeed (matcha tea and hazlenut breakfast muffins anyone?)

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:31 pm UTC

Help requested!

I know some vegetables are totally fine without refrigeration for awhile, but where do you guys keep them? in the pantry out on the shelf? in a jar? some sort of rack?

space in my kitchen is surprisngly small despite the size of the rest of the house (may renovate later) so space concious storage for food is a plus

for that matter, fridge veggies and fruits: keep it in the store bag, throw it right on the shelf, maybe an airtight container?

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:20 pm UTC

Tomlidich the second wrote:Help requested!

I know some vegetables are totally fine without refrigeration for awhile, but where do you guys keep them? in the pantry out on the shelf? in a jar? some sort of rack?

space in my kitchen is surprisngly small despite the size of the rest of the house (may renovate later) so space concious storage for food is a plus

for that matter, fridge veggies and fruits: keep it in the store bag, throw it right on the shelf, maybe an airtight container?

Generally I keep non-fridge veg in paper bags somewhere dark and cool (I buy veg in paper bags, may be more difficult if you don't), although just out on the shelf should be fine too - anywhere away from light, heat or pests should be fine.

I'm interested in the answer to your second question too - I generally keep things in store packaging, or just right on the shelf, unless it's going to stink up the fridge (like a partially used onion) in which case I put it in something airtight. I have a feeling my way is not the best though (I recall something about either never or always keeping fridge veg in plastic, but can't remember which one it was).

Actually, generally I don't keep veg at all (perk of living in a European city centre - there are several mini-supermarkets, a greengrocers and a food market on my 25 minute walk to work)

Return to “Food”