13oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
¼ cup lemon juice
1x425g can crushed pineapple, drained
¼ cup pineapple juice from drained pineapple
1¼ cups cream, whipped

METHOD:
Combine biscuit crumbs, melted butter and hot water. Press onto sides and base of 8" spring form tin. Refrigerate
Dissolve gelatine in hot water. Beat cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, dissolved gelatine, vanilla essence, lemon juice, ¼ cup pineapple juice. Blend well
Fold cream and drained crushed pineapple into cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crumb crust. Chill until firm. Decorate with fresh strawberries

Enjoy :D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MalikUmkhayev

Re: Pineapple Cheesecake

Postby MalikUmkhayev » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:01 am UTC

Ingredients
• 9 oz cream cheese
• 2 cups heavy cream (35%)
• 1 can pineapple chunks
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 packet graham crackers
Method
1. Drain pineapple and reserve liquid.
2. Beat cream cheese with sugar. Beat cream into heavy cream. Add to cream cheese mixture.
3. Add pineapple and mix well without beating it too much.
4. Wet crackers in pineapple liquid and put at the bottom and on the sides of cake mould.
5. Pour in cheese and cream mixture.
6. Refrigerate overnight. Unmold before serving.

mathmannix

Postby mathmannix » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:35 pm UTC

gearce wrote:TRY THIS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS
PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKE

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups biscuit crumbs
3oz butter, melted
2 teaspoons hot water
1 tablespoon gelatine
13oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
¼ cup lemon juice
1x425g can crushed pineapple, drained
¼ cup pineapple juice from drained pineapple
1¼ cups cream, whipped

METHOD:
Combine biscuit crumbs, melted butter and hot water. Press onto sides and base of 8" spring form tin. Refrigerate
Dissolve gelatine in hot water. Beat cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, dissolved gelatine, vanilla essence, lemon juice, ¼ cup pineapple juice. Blend well
Fold cream and drained crushed pineapple into cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crumb crust. Chill until firm. Decorate with fresh strawberries

Enjoy :D
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This sounds good, but can somebody please translate it into American for me?

Biscuit crumbs, obviously not crumbs of a biscuit.
... cookie crumbs? any specific type of cookie?
... or cracker crumbs? = Saltines?

gelatine... does that mean powdered Jell-O, any flavor? (There is pineapple...)

is vanilla essence the same as vanilla extract?

cream = whipping cream, right? or does it mean Cool Whip?
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

karhell

Postby karhell » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:41 pm UTC

mathmannix wrote:<snip>
This sounds good, but can somebody please translate it into American for me?

Biscuit crumbs, obviously not crumbs of a biscuit.
... cookie crumbs? any specific type of cookie?
... or cracker crumbs? = Saltines?

Typically plain butter biscuits, smashed with a bludgeoning instrument of your choice.

mathmannix wrote:gelatine... does that mean powdered Jell-O, any flavor? (There is pineapple...)

That would be pork gelatin, used to hold the whole thing together.

mathmannix wrote:is vanilla essence the same as vanilla extract?

I'd say yes, but I'm not absolutely certain about that.

mathmannix wrote:cream = whipping cream, right? or does it mean Cool Whip?

Whipping cream sounds about right.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!
Wait well, ChronosDragon, may your seaish ketchup be molpish!

mathmannix

Postby mathmannix » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:11 pm UTC

I just wanted to make sure.... here, whipping cream, heavy whipping cream (= heavy cream) and half-and-half are all liquids, with different percentages of milkfat. Whipped cream (which is what "cream, whipped" looks like to me grammatically) is a semisolid dessert topping, sometimes found in an aerosol can. (Cool Whip is a brand name, and technically a non-dairy version of whipped cream, but like probably most Americans I use the terms Whipped Cream and Cool Whip interchangeably, like Kleenex/tissue).
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

PAstrychef
for all intimate metaphysical encounters

Postby PAstrychef » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:58 pm UTC

mathmannix wrote:I just wanted to make sure.... here, whipping cream, heavy whipping cream (= heavy cream) and half-and-half are all liquids, with different percentages of milkfat. Whipped cream (which is what "cream, whipped" looks like to me grammatically) is a semisolid dessert topping, sometimes found in an aerosol can. (Cool Whip is a brand name, and technically a non-dairy version of whipped cream, but like probably most Americans I use the terms Whipped Cream and Cool Whip interchangeably, like Kleenex/tissue).

The first part is basically correct. Half and half is, legally, half whole milk (>3%) and half heavy cream(>35%).
Whipped cream happens when you agitate heavy cream until the proteins foam and the fat stabilizes the foam. Go too far and you get butter. Reddi-Whip(tm) is cream aerosolized with some gas and stabilized with gums. Cool Whip (tm)is an abomination unto the world, consisting of oils, sugar and stabilizers. Given that it takes minutes to hand whip real cream even just by hand, there is no need for any other version. You can add whatever flavoring you like to the whipped cream-vanilla, liquor, powdered sugar (it dissolves better), extracts etc.
Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a puffer fish.

PAstrychef
for all intimate metaphysical encounters

Postby PAstrychef » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:08 pm UTC

In this recipe the biscuits are a plain cookie. For a pineapple cheesecake, ginger snaps or vanilla waferss or graham crackers will all work well.
The gelatin is plain gelatin, sold in the US by Knox, in an orange box. To use it, put some cold water in a microwave safe cup, sprinkle the powder on the water use 1/2 cup for each envelope of gelatin) and let it sit for about ten minutes. This is called blooming the gelatin. Then heat it in microwave for 30 seconds and stir it. When it's all melted and liquid stir it into the batter. Pineapple is highly acidic and has gelatin destroying enzymes. It hinders the ability of gelatin to set. Use only canned pineapple in the recipe, or your cheesecake will be forever soupy. (The canning process cooks the pineapple, destroying the gelatin eating enzymes.)
Vanilla essence is the same as vanilla extract.
Enjoy your treat!
Last edited by PAstrychef on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:53 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a puffer fish.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:03 am UTC

mathmannix wrote:like probably most Americans I use the terms Whipped Cream and Cool Whip interchangeably

I will pray for you, mathmannix. You must live in an awful part of the country to believe such an evil thing.

Oh, D.C. So I was right.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Return to “Food”