Pizza Toppings

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Re: Pizza Toppings

Postby Moo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:31 am UTC

AngrySquirrel wrote:I need suggestions for more vegetable/greens/fruits to put on pizza.

The standard onions, tomatoes, peppers, pineapple and corn is getting quite stale.
Diced and roasted butternut or pumpkin is great on pizza with some feta and pinenuts or caramelized onion.

A+ thread, would read again, but not enough salami
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:52 am UTC

Oh pumpkin! Haven't tried that.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:10 pm UTC

Carlington wrote:Corn? I've never seen that on a pizza.
This was one of the biggest revelations of my time living in the UK. As someone who likes pops of sweetness, crunch and/or juicyness on pizzas (such as pineapple, peppadew, peppers etc), corn is definitely a great pizza topping for me. Especially on a deep dish oozing with cheese, accompanies by "the works" of veggie options or mushrooms and chicken.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:56 am UTC

AngrySquirrel wrote:I need suggestions for more vegetable/greens/fruits to put on pizza.

The standard onions, tomatoes, peppers, pineapple and corn is getting quite stale.

Eggplant and arugula

Also, try different kinds of peppers. I like cherry peppers. Sweet with just a tiny bit of heat.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

Return to “Food”