Vegan Food

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Re: Vegan Food

Postby poxic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:11 am UTC

Bakemaster wrote:
poxic wrote:I'm not a big fan of radishes -- they will get eaten, but not joyfully.

Have you tried them with salt, lime juice poison, and/or hot sauce slow painful death? Have you tried daikon that other radishy thing that's basically a radish but more Japanese?

Fixed for allergies and for kinda icky. :wink: It's not that I hate radishes with the fire of burning suns, just that they're kinda meh for me.
All empires fall.
Don't look back.
- The Secret Knots

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:16 am UTC

Well, a little salt at least is tastier than just straight raw radishes. Daikon is easier to use in actual recipes since the flavor is milder. As opposed to just being a salad/crudite ingredient.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:28 am UTC

Radishes are crunchy, juicy, and bright-tasting at their best, but there's just something about the slightly-bitter, slightly-acidic flavour that doesn't make me love them. I totally put a bit of wasabi in my soy sauce when I sushi (omnom avocado and/or yam), but that's not really about the taste of the wasabi so much as the flaming sinuses contrast between the various elements.
All empires fall.
Don't look back.
- The Secret Knots

jarvisknocker

Postby jarvisknocker » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:40 am UTC

Just like to say I like this thread and will be trying some of the recipes in time.. will let you know how it went :p

topquark

Postby topquark » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:56 pm UTC

These are some of my favorite vegan recipes:

Pea and Mint Risotto
Parsnip Nut Roast (this one's great for Sunday roasts or Christmas)

Also, anything from Go, go, vegan. Yum!

PAstrychef
for all intimate metaphysical encounters

Postby PAstrychef » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

For a fun take on vegan cooking look here.
Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a puffer fish.

matilda

Postby matilda » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:09 pm UTC

hmm...I think this thread needs more cookies. or cookie-ish things, at least. So chocolate chip ones! yay! The thing about this recipie, though, is that it doesn't always bake perfectly. Half the time they come out puffy and lovely, but the rest of the time, they get greasy and spready and crunchy and bleh. But the dough always tastes completely amazing, and since there's no eggs in it to kill me, I usually just make the batter and refrigerate/eat that. omnomnom.

Ingredients
3/4 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla

1 tablespoon of flax seeds
1/2 cup soymilk
2 cups all purp flour
3/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Grind the flax seeds on high in a blender until they become a powder. Add soymilk and blend for another 30 seconds or so. Set aside.

In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.

In a seperate large bowl cream together oil and sugar. Add the flax seed/soy milk mixture and mix well. Add the vanilla.

Fold in the dry ingredients in batches. When it starts to get too stiff to mix with a spatula, use your hands until a nice stiff dough forms. Add the chocolate chips and mix with your hands again.

Roll dough into 1 inch balls and flatten into a disc that’s about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about an inch apart.

Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes, then set them on a wire rack to cool completely.

oh, and more cookie things...they have vegan softbaked sinckerdoodle things at trader joes, which also don't have a lot of other stuff that people are allergic to, but I've forgotten what those are, as I was only looking for the veganess. :D

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:18 pm UTC

Hopefully this is of some interest to folks. A friend of mine is one of the chefs in this Kickstarter for a series on vegan cooking. Less than 3 days to got at this point and they're getting close to the goal. Would be fantastic if they succeed.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/653 ... season-two
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Return to “Food”