crockpot love

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Nath

Re: crockpot love

Postby Nath » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:12 am UTC

I knew that you could sear stuff in a pressure cooker; that was more browning than I expected from a crockpot.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:03 am UTC

Crockpots don't try to claim that. However they can be left unsupervised; pressure cookers can't claim that. You still need half an hour of cooking time somewhere in your day, so you don't "save more time than a crockpot" overall. You don't need to add anything in the defense of a pressure cooker, they're great, no-one's suggesting people shouldn't use them; one can actually have both and use them in different ways. I don't understand why you're so hell bent on proving slow cookers are "wrong".
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.

Shro
science genius girl

Postby Shro » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:25 pm UTC

A hammer is really good at putting nails in things. A screwdriver is really good at putting screws in things. So when you have a nail, you'll want a hammer, and when you have a screw, you'd want a screwdriver. Pressure cookers and slow cookers are different tools used for different things. You may have a particular problem, for which you choose the appropriate tool to solve your problem. Others may have other problems, so don't suggest that their different problems can be solved with the application of the tool you choose to solve your problem with. Because their problems, while seeming similar to your problem, are actually different problems, which require the application of different tools.

This is a frighteningly hard lesson for people to learn.
argyl3: My idea of being a rebel is splitting infinitives.
Alisto: Rebel without a clause?

I made this thing:
www.justthetipcalculator.com

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:44 am UTC

Made one of my favourite slowcooker meals again last night, and man it is so good.

Loosely based on this: http://www.shugarysweets.com/2013/05/sl ... edded-beef
Balsamic shredded beef. I used chuck slices, a cup of really good beef stock, 1/4 cup sweetener (which is half the equivalent of sugar in the recipe because that is just too sweet), and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar. DeLISH. Left out the red pepper flakes.

Weeknight dinner couldn't have been easier or more yummy.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.

Return to “Food”