I have loads of recipe's
I only fry in mono-unsaturated ev olive oil and always drain if you are commenting on health wise.
If you want some more interesting student recipe's, this was using things cheep for me as a student.
Bread and Butter Pudding is lovely.
6 slices well buttered Bread
A little extra Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas mark 3. Grease a 7.5cm/3 inch deep ovenproof dish.
2. Remove the crusts from the buttered bread and cut into quarters (triangles or squares). Reserve 4 quarters for the top and arrange the rest in layers in the dish, sprinkling the sultanas between each layer. Top with the reserved quarters.
3. In a saucepan, heat the milk to hot but not boiling. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar then add the hot milk, stirring well.
4. Slowly strain over the bread and fruit, being careful not to dislodge the top layer of bread. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with a little sugar and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the top is browned and crispy.
I nicked that from some sight as I couldn't remember the quantity's but yeah, comfort food and goes well with ice cream.
Ohh, get some ginger nuts, soak in amaretto and sandwich between whipped cream for adultoreo's