Cravings!

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Re: Cravings!

Postby AngrySquirrel » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:01 pm UTC

Gods I want a beer. A dark and chocolatey one, thick as tar. Pretty please?
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:06 pm UTC

The day I push this kid out, I demand oreos and milk. Fuck gestational diabetes.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:10 pm UTC

I'm resurrecting this thread to note my craving for a reasonably fresh almond croissant, halved lengthways, and over-filled with spray cream. I'm mildly allergic to about half the ingredients in question, but... damn it, I can't focus on anything else right now, I just want this obscenely unhealthy snack that represents about half my daily calories.
Unstoppable force of nature. That means she/her/hers.
Has committed an act of treason.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:06 pm UTC

Echo244 wrote:I'm resurrecting this thread to note my craving for a reasonably fresh almond croissant, halved lengthways, and over-filled with spray cream. I'm mildly allergic to about half the ingredients in question, but... damn it, I can't focus on anything else right now, I just want this obscenely unhealthy snack that represents about half my daily calories.

Replace the spray cream with some whipped creme franche and I'm right there with you. That's about my favorite dessert ever.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

almach

Postby almach » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:38 pm UTC

I have this sub that I get at Subway every time: 6" veggie sub on white bread, Swiss cheese, not toasted, with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, green pepper, light mayo, and sub sauce. I think people think I order this because I'm on a diet. At the moment that happens to be true, but even when I'm not trying to lose weight, this is my regular order at Subway, and I get cravings for it often, including right now. Am I totally crazy? I'm not trying to pretend like all I ever want to eat is vegetables. I definitely get cravings for chocolate cake and pizza too. But there's something about all those crunchy, juicy vegetables with the tangy sub sauce and the mayo and the soft bread and... hngghh.....

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:40 pm UTC

I get cravings for veggie sandwiches, so yes it's a thing. I am vegetarian, though, so it makes sense that I crave stuff that fits my longstanding eating habits.
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

A man who is ‘ill-adjusted’ to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.
- Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate (2 Jul 1877-1962)

Nath

Postby Nath » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:19 am UTC

One of my favorite after-school snacks as a kid was a sandwich with fresh bread, cucumbers, black pepper, and cheese spread from an Indian brand call 'Amul'. Haven't eaten one of those in years. I should rectify that.

DamVan

Postby DamVan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:33 am UTC

You could make muffins!

Return to “Food”