How much coffee do people drink in a day?

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Woofsie

Re: How much coffee do people drink in a day?

Postby Woofsie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:36 pm UTC

Usually about 3 mugs a day for me.

I have something of a love-hate relationship with coffee. I normally quite enjoy it, but every now and then I'll decide that I've become too dependant on it and either scale back or quit altogether for a few weeks. Then one day I'll either stop caring or just drink several cups because I'm tired, and be straight back to my normal state of high caffeine consumption.

Also, WTF is an oz? You Americans and your silly measurements. :P

wishiwasabear

Postby wishiwasabear » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:06 pm UTC

I have 1-2 cups a day, fairly average I think. Tea though… being english, perhaps 5-10 cups, probably waaay to much.

Wait. Is there such a thing as too much tea? I switched from coffee a couple years ago, because I'm not all that fond of the taste unless it's milked and sugared within an inch of its life. I find it really dehydrating as well. I drink enormous amounts of tea, but I was under the impression that tea has less caffeine and is generally better for you than coffee - I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being addicted to tea.

To answer the original question, usually none, unless I'm at home for the holidays, when I drink various Starbucks concoctions, but usually not more than one or two a day. In the summer, one or two small iced coffees a day. Hot coffee reminds me of my dad and the church I went to growing up and early morning orchestra rehearsal and late night QuikChek runs after work, so sometimes I drink it if I'm feeling overwhelmed.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:20 am UTC

I usually drink 3 cups per day. Often less on weekends. More if I am just sitting around at home doing assignments feeling sleep deprived (which is very often these days).

I have one at breakfast, one when i get to work/uni, another about 3 in the afternoon on a normal day. A day spent doing assignments (like today) can often involve up to 6 cups between 8am and about 6pm.

Requia

Postby Requia » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:14 am UTC

wishiwasabear wrote:Wait. Is there such a thing as too much tea? I switched from coffee a couple years ago, because I'm not all that fond of the taste unless it's milked and sugared within an inch of its life. I find it really dehydrating as well. I drink enormous amounts of tea, but I was under the impression that tea has less caffeine and is generally better for you than coffee - I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being addicted to tea.

It still has caffeine, comparable to soda.

I drink coffee once or twice a week, usually 2 or 3 cups worth.

punkymonkey

Postby punkymonkey » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:58 am UTC

I have never been an "every day" coffee drinker. I will get a latte or cappuccino maybe once or twice a month. It's very seldom. :/
<wst> punkymonkey is actually punky. phew

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:22 am UTC

PhoenixEnigma wrote:About 2 or 3 cups a day. Noramlly I drink americanos (sp?), since that's basically what my Aeropress makes. If I have more then that (I like to drink coffee as I code, it's pure habit), I'll switch to half caff or decaf. Tea is also a good option.

Programmers are organisms that turn caffeine into code.

Also for the americans here... you guys don't actually -buy- coffee do you? As in, I had a coffee from a non-generic coffee place (i.e. avoided starbucks and co. like the plague) in L.A. and it tasted like water (and came in a cup about as big as I am)... If all your coffee is like that, I'm sure none of you ever need to worry about being addicted to caffeine.

Decker

Postby Decker » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:40 pm UTC

|Erasmus| wrote:
PhoenixEnigma wrote:About 2 or 3 cups a day. Noramlly I drink americanos (sp?), since that's basically what my Aeropress makes. If I have more then that (I like to drink coffee as I code, it's pure habit), I'll switch to half caff or decaf. Tea is also a good option.

Also for the americans here... you guys don't actually -buy- coffee do you? As in, I had a coffee from a non-generic coffee place (i.e. avoided starbucks and co. like the plague) in L.A. and it tasted like water (and came in a cup about as big as I am)... If all your coffee is like that, I'm sure none of you ever need to worry about being addicted to caffeine.

It's a bad idea to judge an entire country's coffee on one local place.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:52 pm UTC

Decker wrote:
|Erasmus| wrote:

It's a bad idea to judge an entire country's coffee on one local place.

It's more that, well, you hear stories about the kind of coffee that is around up there, and despite trying to avoid the worst of things it seems like it's true. L.A. was bad, and Canada was only marginally better (although there was one place near the greyhound coach terminal in Vancouver that was ok).

Enrique_smith

Postby Enrique_smith » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:04 am UTC

I don't like coffee. But i think people should not have to drink coffee more than 1 or 2 cup in a day.

Not A Llama

Postby Not A Llama » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:55 pm UTC

I drink around 4 or 5 mugs per day: whatever is left after the boy fills his travel mug and goes to work. I don't generally make a second pot and our coffee maker holds 10-6oz cups. It's probably too much, but ah well.

I will usually grab a cup or two if I head into town, at my favourite coffee shop that nobody else likes. Why does nobody else like it? Their coffee is "too strong"

KallistiEngel

Postby KallistiEngel » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:13 am UTC

Dhes wrote:I drink 6 cups at work give or take one, that’s 36 fl.oz, and another 2 mugs, that’s about 20 fl.oz.
So any given weekday I’ll drink about 56 fl.oz of coffee.
I know it’s way too much.

Fun fact:
According to wolframalpha it’s about 1/3 of the amount of blood I have. :D

Wait, 6 cups of coffee = 36 fl. oz? Those are some tiny cups.

Also, I'm surprised that so many people here only drink 1-2 cups a day. I'd have expected it to be higher than that. Personally, I drink 3-4 16/20 oz. cups a day. 20 oz. if I have a choice, 16 if I have to. I take it black too. I used to pollute my coffee with tons of cream and sugar, but last year I needed the extra energy boost to make it through the work day and I can't imagine going back now. I've somehow learned to appreciate it. It's an aquired taste, like whiskey or beer. Still haven't aquired a taste for beer, but I'm working on that.

|Erasmus| wrote:Also for the americans here... you guys don't actually -buy- coffee do you? As in, I had a coffee from a non-generic coffee place (i.e. avoided starbucks and co. like the plague) in L.A. and it tasted like water (and came in a cup about as big as I am)... If all your coffee is like that, I'm sure none of you ever need to worry about being addicted to caffeine.

Some places just make watery coffee. When I'm actually buying coffee (rarely), I tend to go for Americanos. The flavor's a lot more bold than brewed coffee and it's something I can sit and sip on for a while, unlike cups of espresso.
I'm addicted to bad ideas, and all the beauty in this world.

Nath

Postby Nath » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:00 am UTC

KallistiEngel wrote:Wait, 6 cups of coffee = 36 fl. oz? Those are some tiny cups.

The usual cup sizes used by coffee machines and nutrition guidelines are 4-8oz, even though most people actually use 12-16oz mugs for everything.

KallistiEngel wrote:I used to pollute my coffee with tons of cream and sugar, but last year I needed the extra energy boost to make it through the work day and I can't imagine going back now.

Wuh? If by 'energy' you mean 'caffeine', then adding milk and sugar doesn't affect caffeine content. If by 'energy' you mean 'energy', then black coffee has pretty much none. I generally drink it black too, but I occasionally drink a milky espresso-based beverage if I'm looking for something more substantial (e.g. instead of breakfast).

Incidentally, 4 20oz cups of coffee contain 1 to 1.5g of caffeine. Estimates of the LD50 of caffeine in humans start at around 3g.

KallistiEngel

Postby KallistiEngel » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:04 am UTC

Nath wrote:
KallistiEngel wrote:Wait, 6 cups of coffee = 36 fl. oz? Those are some tiny cups.

The usual cup sizes used by coffee machines and nutrition guidelines are 4-8oz, even though most people actually use 12-16oz mugs for everything.

Ah, right. Measurement cups.

Nath wrote:
KallistiEngel wrote:I used to pollute my coffee with tons of cream and sugar, but last year I needed the extra energy boost to make it through the work day and I can't imagine going back now.

Wuh? If by 'energy' you mean 'caffeine', then adding milk and sugar doesn't affect caffeine content. If by 'energy' you mean 'energy', then black coffee has pretty much none. I generally drink it black too, but I occasionally drink a milky espresso-based beverage if I'm looking for something more substantial (e.g. instead of breakfast).

Incidentally, 4 20oz cups of coffee contain 1 to 1.5g of caffeine. Estimates of the LD50 of caffeine in humans start at around 3g.

The caffeine content isn't changed, you're right about that. However, sugar acts as a depressant (though it gives an initial boost of stimulation, as does alcohol) and milk, when heated also makes you a bit more tired (remember when you couldn't sleep as a kid, how warm milk was often suggested for helping you get to sleep?). It's the lack of those two things that causes black coffee to provide more energy. Either way, I feel like I've got more energy drinking it without the milk and sugar. And considering the amount of both I used to put in my coffee, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

And within what timeframe? Because I do drink my coffee throughout the day (the last cup generally being as I'm leaving work after an 8 hour day). So I'd assume my body has time to metabolize some of the caffeine in between cups.

voidPtr

Postby voidPtr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:09 pm UTC

How much coffee do I drink? Too much. I had to cut down over the last while and usually go for 1-2 half-decaf 16oz coffees a day now and I only take milk in them. At my peak I was probably drinking 6-7 8oz coffees a day with cream & sugar.

By the way, the darker the roast, the *less* caffeine it has. So coffee that tastes "weak" can actually be loaded with caffeine if they used a very light roast.

Nath

Postby Nath » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:02 pm UTC

KallistiEngel wrote:The caffeine content isn't changed, you're right about that. However, sugar acts as a depressant (though it gives an initial boost of stimulation, as does alcohol) and milk, when heated also makes you a bit more tired (remember when you couldn't sleep as a kid, how warm milk was often suggested for helping you get to sleep?). It's the lack of those two things that causes black coffee to provide more energy. Either way, I feel like I've got more energy drinking it without the milk and sugar. And considering the amount of both I used to put in my coffee, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

I thought the sleep-inducing effects of milk and sugar were found to be largely psychological.

KallistiEngel wrote:And within what timeframe? Because I do drink my coffee throughout the day (the last cup generally being as I'm leaving work after an 8 hour day). So I'd assume my body has time to metabolize some of the caffeine in between cups.

Yeah, time frame is an issue; I think LD50s are estimated for a single one-time dose. IIRC, caffeine's half-life in the body is about 6 hours, so you'd never have a full gram of caffeine in your system. Also, the lethal dose depends on your tolerance; 3g is a low estimate. But still, the point is that it's in the same ballpark.

voidPtr wrote:By the way, the darker the roast, the *less* caffeine it has. So coffee that tastes "weak" can actually be loaded with caffeine if they used a very light roast.

Yeah, it's annoying when people equate 'burnt' with 'strong'. Makes it hard to get a nice, strong cup of light roast coffee.

KallistiEngel

Postby KallistiEngel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:20 pm UTC

Nath wrote:I thought the sleep-inducing effects of milk and sugar were found to be largely psychological.

Sugar is a depressant. I was surprised to learn that when I first found out a few years ago in my abnormal psych class. Milk, maybe the effect is partly psychological, but it does contain some small amount of melatonin and tryptophan. It also fills you up a bit more, which in my case makes me a little sleepier. Can't speak for anyone else on that.

Nath wrote:
voidPtr wrote:By the way, the darker the roast, the *less* caffeine it has. So coffee that tastes "weak" can actually be loaded with caffeine if they used a very light roast.

Yeah, it's annoying when people equate 'burnt' with 'strong'. Makes it hard to get a nice, strong cup of light roast coffee.

Ugh. I'm not a huge fan of dark roast. I like a nice medium roast.

Nath

Postby Nath » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:12 pm UTC

KallistiEngel wrote:Sugar is a depressant. I was surprised to learn that when I first found out a few years ago in my abnormal psych class.

Interesting reading, but note that it isn't a peer-reviewed academic journal. A quick search for the effects of sugar on sleeping habits didn't turn up anything. But if you learned it in a class, perhaps it's standard knowledge.

KallistiEngel wrote:Ugh. I'm not a huge fan of dark roast. I like a nice medium roast.

I can sympathize, though I've had the occasional drinkable dark roast. As long as the roaster doesn't get carried away, some coffees work well in a dark roast.

KallistiEngel

Postby KallistiEngel » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:33 pm UTC

Nath wrote:
KallistiEngel wrote:Sugar is a depressant. I was surprised to learn that when I first found out a few years ago in my abnormal psych class.

Interesting reading, but note that it isn't a peer-reviewed academic journal. A quick search for the effects of sugar on sleeping habits didn't turn up anything. But if you learned it in a class, perhaps it's standard knowledge.

Fair point. Even if it's not necessarily standard knowledge or anything like that, I've noticed the effects of switching to black coffee on me and that's what's important to me. I'm not trying to convert anyone here. I've also just cut a lot of sugar out of my diet since finding out my dad's diabetic and that diabetes is pretty common on both sides of my family. I doubt doing so will prevent it entirely, but if I'm gonna get it I don't want to contribute to an earlier onset. And honestly, I feel healthier now than I did when I ate sugary things all the time. I try to limit it to one sugary snack per day-- it's hard to resist having a little dessert at work, it's always so tempting.

Nath

Postby Nath » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:59 pm UTC

Oh, cutting unnecessary sugar out of your diet is certainly a good idea, and I've recently done the same. I've just rarely seen the argument that it makes people drowsy.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:40 am UTC

A sugar rush is typically followed by a crash. I don't know that I'd say one or two packets of sugar in your coffee provides that great a rush or fall, unless perhaps you're on a completely empty stomach; but I assume the crash is the depressive/sedative effect being mentioned here.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

KallistiEngel

Postby KallistiEngel » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:43 am UTC

1 or 2 packets? I used to go as high as 7. Then I started to cut down, and it was 2-3. Then I went black (and I won't go back).

Nath

Postby Nath » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:20 am UTC

Bakemaster wrote:A sugar rush is typically followed by a crash. I don't know that I'd say one or two packets of sugar in your coffee provides that great a rush or fall, unless perhaps you're on a completely empty stomach; but I assume the crash is the depressive/sedative effect being mentioned here.

I've heard of sugar highs and crashes, but I don't think I've ever experienced one. From what I've read, they are on scientifically rather shaky ground. Here's a survey paper on the subject. They found no statistically significant evidence of hyperactivity or aggression. They did find some evidence that sucrose has a calming effect on babies and rats, though.

And woah, seven packets? :) If I do feel like a sweet cup of coffee, I stir a spoonful of sugar into a double espresso. Due to the low volume, that's enough sugar to sweeten the coffee, and the espresso is strong enough to stand up to it.

KallistiEngel

Postby KallistiEngel » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:12 pm UTC

Yeah, like I said, I was a sugar junkie. But I wasn't as bad as a few people I've known. One of them took a handful (or 2) of sugar packets in each cup of coffee she drank. One of the craziest people I've ever worked with. But she was a good one.

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:48 am UTC

I used to just drink a Starbucks mocha frappuccino when I desperately needed caffeine in early college. Then I did study abroad in Italy and learned to love cappuccinos when I was there. Then when I returned to the states, cappuccinos were too expensive to keep getting all the time, so I forced myself to drink coffee until I liked it. I really prefer iced coffee, and most days I just grab a small caramel iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts because they put in tons of sugar and it isn't a strong taste, but it keeps me awake.

But yeah, no more than one a day unless I have to work mornings and nights, then I will get a second one if I am falling asleep otherwise.
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

Nath

Postby Nath » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:07 am UTC

lanicita wrote:I used to just drink a Starbucks mocha frappuccino when I desperately needed caffeine in early college. Then I did study abroad in Italy and learned to love cappuccinos when I was there. Then when I returned to the states, cappuccinos were too expensive to keep getting all the time, so I forced myself to drink coffee until I liked it.

With about $30 worth of equipment and a bit of practice, you could make a better cappuccino than anything you'd get at most coffee shops. Of course, it'd take a few minutes, but so does going to a coffee shop.

KallistiEngel

Postby KallistiEngel » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:43 pm UTC

Nath wrote:
lanicita wrote:I used to just drink a Starbucks mocha frappuccino when I desperately needed caffeine in early college. Then I did study abroad in Italy and learned to love cappuccinos when I was there. Then when I returned to the states, cappuccinos were too expensive to keep getting all the time, so I forced myself to drink coffee until I liked it.

With about $30 worth of equipment and a bit of practice, you could make a better cappuccino than anything you'd get at most coffee shops. Of course, it'd take a few minutes, but so does going to a coffee shop.

Depends on the shop. Chain places, yeah. I've had some amazing espresso drinks at certain local shops here.

And cappuccino from a push-button machine is not even a cappuccino. I used to drink those way way back in the early days....

cerbie

Postby cerbie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:20 pm UTC

Nath wrote:

What $30 of equipment? Is there a secret cheap way to steam milk (a string press can substitute well enough for the espresso, IME)?

/me is the edge of his ragged office chairseat
DSenette: (...) on the whole, even a trained killer cow is kind of stupid.

Nath

Postby Nath » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:06 am UTC

KallistiEngel wrote:Depends on the shop. Chain places, yeah. I've had some amazing espresso drinks at certain local shops here.

Well, yeah. I said most coffee places, and most coffee places are Starbucks or clones thereof. A good coffee shop is hard to compete with.

cerbie wrote:
Nath wrote:With about $30 worth of equipment and a bit of practice, you could make a better cappuccino than anything you'd get at most coffee shops. Of course, it'd take a few minutes, but so does going to a coffee shop.
What $30 of equipment? Is there a secret cheap way to steam milk (a string press can substitute well enough for the espresso, IME)?

A battery-powered milk frother is the cheapest option ($2 at IKEA). I haven't tried them, but I'm told they aren't as good as proper steam wands. You can also get a cheap steam-powered espresso machine just for frothing, or even a standalone stovetop frother. If you go with the cheap espresso machine, your coffee will be more like moka pot coffee than proper modern espresso, but it'll still probably work in a cappuccino.

cerbie

Postby cerbie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:59 am UTC

Nath wrote:
KallistiEngel wrote:Depends on the shop. Chain places, yeah. I've had some amazing espresso drinks at certain local shops here.

Well, yeah. I said most coffee places, and most coffee places are Starbucks or clones thereof. A good coffee shop is hard to compete with.

cerbie wrote:
Nath wrote:With about $30 worth of equipment and a bit of practice, you could make a better cappuccino than anything you'd get at most coffee shops. Of course, it'd take a few minutes, but so does going to a coffee shop.

A battery-powered milk frother is the cheapest option ($2 at IKEA). I haven't tried them, but I'm told they aren't as good as proper steam wands. You can also get a cheap steam-powered espresso machine just for frothing, or even a standalone stovetop frother. If you go with the cheap espresso machine, your coffee will be more like moka pot coffee than proper modern espresso, but it'll still probably work in a cappuccino.
:( Those frothers indeed aren't very good. They can't make a foam that stays together for very long. They are awesome for mixing in curry paste or miso, though. The plunger ones work best, IME (they're more or less thin french presses).

Nath

Postby Nath » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:09 am UTC

cerbie wrote::( Those frothers indeed aren't very good. They can't make a foam that stays together for very long. They are awesome for mixing in curry paste or miso, though. The plunger ones work best, IME (they're more or less thin french presses).

The plunger ones work best for what? Coffee-and-milk drinks? I have a hard time imagining a plunger that can make proper microfoam.

cerbie

Postby cerbie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:51 am UTC

Nath wrote:
cerbie wrote::( Those frothers indeed aren't very good. They can't make a foam that stays together for very long. They are awesome for mixing in curry paste or miso, though. The plunger ones work best, IME (they're more or less thin french presses).

The plunger ones work best for what? Coffee-and-milk drinks? I have a hard time imagining a plunger that can make proper microfoam.
Reliably making a foam that doesn't collapse within a minute or two, and yes, for coffee and milk drinks--I've not frothed milk for any other purpose. I can't speak to how, though I have a feeling small and even hole size in the screen helps. But whole milk, half&half, and cream have a tendency to collapse when using the type you first linked. I think anything can make a sturdy foam w/ skim milk, but then you've wasted perfectly good coffee :).

Nath

Postby Nath » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:56 am UTC

cerbie wrote:Reliably making a foam that doesn't collapse within a minute or two, and yes, for coffee and milk drinks--I've not frothed milk for any other purpose. I can't speak to how, though I have a feeling small and even hole size in the screen helps. But whole milk, half&half, and cream have a tendency to collapse when using the type you first linked.

The battery-powered frother? Like I said, I haven't tried them, and can't vouch for them. The standard way to froth milk is with a steam wand. It takes a bit of practice, but you can get a nice, fine foam that doesn't collapse. Sadly, most coffee shops just steam the milk into a stiff, bubbly mess that doesn't taste like anything, and has to be fished out of the cup with a spoon.

voidPtr

Postby voidPtr » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:19 pm UTC

cerbie wrote:
Nath wrote:

Cheap as $30 is probably an overstatement, but home Espresso-makers aren't that expensive anymore. You can get a very basic pressure-driven (not steam) machines with a frothing wand in the $100-$200 range now. If you have plan on entertaining large groups of friends with your famous cappucinos or you're a true coffee snob with borderline OCD, they probably won't cut it and you'll want to spend hundreds of dollars on your grinder alone. But for the 99.9% of us who aren't in that category, the $100 machine does the trick and combined with good technique and fresh coffee, you can get a coffee on par any $5 coffee at a coffeeshop.

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:10 am UTC

I used to drink between 1 and 4 liters. Now I'm down to somewhere between 4 and 6 cups. Much better for my stomach and general levels of shaking uncontrollably.

Edit: Why did I necro this? I don't know!

Anyways, I have this weird thing that I calm down from drinking a minor cup of coffee per hour. It keeps me from babbling and helps me keep my hands still. Is this something anyone else experiences? I'm wondering if it's some sort of placebo-effect, aka I think this will happen if I do this, thus it happens cause I think it. Only, I mainly think coffee is going to wake me up, which it doesn't in a way that I actually notice.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Anti Spiral

Postby Anti Spiral » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:19 am UTC

I have about 3 cups of Coffee and 2 cups of Tea a day during the week, maybe 2 or 3 cups of Tea on the weekend.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:46 pm UTC

Well I'm still at the same consumption level as before - about a cup a week or so. I had some this morning because we came back from vacation yesterday and only got to bed around 1:30 am.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:25 pm UTC

I drink a 32oz(946ml) cup each morning at work. I then occasionally (once or twice a week) get a large (20oz(591ml)) coffee at Dunkin Donuts at around 2 or 3.

Occasionally I will drink a cup with or after dinner as well. That is usually on the weekends, though.

speising

Postby speising » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:28 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:I drink a 32oz(946ml) cup each morning at work. I then occasionally (once or twice a week) get a large (20oz(591ml)) coffee at Dunkin Donuts at around 2 or 3.

Occasionally I will drink a cup with or after dinner as well. That is usually on the weekends, though.

considering a standard espresso unit is 1oz, that's... quite a lot of coffee.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:32 pm UTC

Well presumably a lot of the 32 oz cup is milk and water, and not all coffee?
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

Anti Spiral

Postby Anti Spiral » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:40 pm UTC

I could do with a 32oz espresso right about now :shock:

Return to “Food”