Famous Spanish “Jamon”

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

donaldcarter55

Famous Spanish “Jamon”

Postby donaldcarter55 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:06 pm UTC

Hi I am new to this great food forum in my first post in this board I have great information to share you about “jamon” its a kind of food .
Jamon is the cured leg of a pig of which there are many varieties the most famous being Jamon Serrano and the Jamon Iberico. The different classifications depend on the type of pig, what it is fed on and its location.

Jamon Iberico

The Iberian pig produces the most famous of the range of spanish cured hams. Only the meat that comes from an Iberian pig can be called Jamon Iberico or pata negra which means black leg.
Jamon Iberico is divided into three categories

· Jamon Iberico de Bellota
· Jamon Iberico de Recebo
· Jamon Iberico

Jamon Iberico is the best quality and comes from free range pigs that live in the mountains and graze on bellotas the fruit of the holm oak tree.

Hope you like my first post enjoy reading, please post feedback also.

PAstrychef
for all intimate metaphysical encounters

Re: Famous Spanish “Jamon”

Postby PAstrychef » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:38 pm UTC

Jamon is my favorite snack for eating on the Ramblas in Barcelona. Also Chocolate al taza and churros.
Bellotas are acorns. Ilberico just became allowed into the US this year and is still very very expensive, but I can get nice chorizos now.
Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a puffer fish.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:54 am UTC

Jamon Iberico is a creamy slice of heaven, but very expensive here, like $400/kg or something. We made the most of being in Europe when we were there - got some at Borough Market in London and at tapas bars in Barcelona. But now you've made me crave it (yer bastid), I might have to get some next time I'm in Healesville and feeling rich.
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

'x7'

Postby 'x7' » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:07 pm UTC

I've eaten this for a good part of my childhood (and absolutely hated it), I can honestly say it tastes very similar to regular, organic ham.
A neutron goes into a bar and asks the bartender, "How much for a beer?"
The bartender replies, "For you, no charge."

Return to “Food”