How much fast food do you eat?

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

voidPtr

How much fast food do you eat?

Postby voidPtr » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:28 am UTC

Eating Fastfood was an existent, but rare treat for me up until high school -- eating it regularly was just not an option I had. Since then, I've gone through different stages in my life, including periods when I virtually lived off takeaway food, especially Subway sandwiches, and periods when I may have eaten greasy fastfood 2-3 times a week.

It took a bit of a health scare and just general malaise with my diet before I made significant changes, and I won't be reversing it again this time. Especiallly chain fast food. Besides the fact that its very unhealthy and isnt' even "real" food,its just never satisfying.

Now, I still eat burgers (or their equivalents) at certain local pubs. I also order take-out pizza (local joints) maybe once a month. I'm aiming to cut that back even futher, but it's not frequent enough that it's a problem so it's not a priority for me. I also still eat take out lunch at work about once a week from local takeout places: sandwiches, wraps, Lebanese and Turkish platters, etc. I'm more health concious about what I'm ordering, but I'd still like to eat out even less than once a week and I'm aiming for that. Unfortunately I'm very busy sometimes and taking a lunch to work isn't always a practical option for me. Excuses, excuses..

Anyone else? Be Honest!!

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Re: How much fast food do you eat?

Postby PictureSarah » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:53 am UTC

Maybe once a month I will get takeout Chinese or pizza...that's pretty much it. And I usually regret it.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

Impulse97

Postby Impulse97 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:53 am UTC

Too much. It's one of my vices and I hate it, But it's so dang tasty... I usually regret it too unless it's subway which I don't feel too bad about.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Dude, everyone likes girls. Have you seen girls? Girls are hot!

The preceding sentence was made with good faith and good humor...

Nath

Postby Nath » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:23 am UTC

I rarely eat at fast food chains, but I spend a lot of time on a university campus, with access to lots of fast, cheap local restaurants. I usually buy at least one meal a day -- teriyaki, Thai, Chinese, Indian, Mexican. I also like to pick up something fast and high-calorie after a workout -- a burger or gyro is not unusual.

I'm not really looking to change my habits. My health is good, and spending more time cooking would require spending less time working and training, so I don't really see the point of that tradeoff.

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:50 am UTC

I get Chinese take-away once a month, on average. If the parental units come to visit we'll go out for pub food, which isn't terrible healthwise - the pub we go to has the nutritional info about all their meals available if you ask for them, so you can make an informed choice if you wish. I don't regret it at all, to be honest, I probably would if I ate more.
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

Ulc

Postby Ulc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:34 am UTC

Pizza/burgers and the like? Probably about once every three weeks.

I do buy a filled bagel or a sandwich almost every time I'm going to work (currently, two or three times per week), as I begin biting the heads off the customers around midnight if I can't get some food, so eating half a sandwich for dinner and the other half around 11 pm. The rest of the time I manage to make myself cook food in advance.

But I don't really class a good sandwich that isn't filled with grease as nearly as bad other fast foods.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

A White Russian, shades and a bathrobe, what more can you want from life?

MyNameIs

Postby MyNameIs » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:46 pm UTC

Well, considering that my school is slapbang in the middle of Edinburgh, I'm surrounded by fast foods. However, I tend to go for the healthier options although once a week or once every two weeks I treat myself to fast food. To be honest, I don't like fast food that much because it puts me off if I keep on going there. I like to take breaks and then return to the fast food place looking forward to what ridiculous ingredients are in my food.

diggablep

Postby diggablep » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:51 pm UTC

I usually eat fast food once a week. My favorite fast food is Mos Burger. It's an awesome burger chain in Japan. It's as unhealthy as any fastfood but I love the fact that their burgers and food in general look exactly as advertised. :)

Back in the states I almost never ate any fast food. I don't think I've even set foot inside a KFC in at least 5 or 6 years. :|

Telchar
That's Admiral 'The Hulk' Ackbar, to you sir

Postby Telchar » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:55 pm UTC

I eat bar food too much. There's an amazing bar here that serves a burger called the Italian-American (1/2 pound burger, marinara, pepperoni, and mozzerella "sombrero" all around the side) that is the best thing for lunch ever. During football season, it's a 1/week event.

Other than that, it's about once every 2 weeks I go to a McD's or Wendy's. It helps having roomates/SO's that cook so there's generally either something cooked or leftovers in the fridge. Although, a lot of our choices aren't exactly a lot healthier (jumbalaya, chili con carne, alfredo pastas).
Zamfir wrote:Yeah, that's a good point. Everyone is all about presumption of innocence in rape threads. But when Mexican drug lords build APCs to carry their henchmen around, we immediately jump to criminal conclusions without hard evidence.

KestrelLowing

Postby KestrelLowing » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:54 pm UTC

Far, far, far too much. As a 20 year old female, my metabolism is starting to go downhill so gone are the days of not worrying about something so silly.

For me, I probably eat fast food at least once a week, but my real weakness is chips and dip (about a bag and a half per week with french onion dip - myself). This has caused me, for the first time in my life, to top 150 lbs. (I'm 5'10", so I still am easily within the suggested range, but with my slightly narrow build I could easily stand to lose 10 lbs.)

I know for a while in high school, it seemed everyone said they didn't like fast food. I always felt awkward. I LOVE fast food, especially fries.

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:50 am UTC

I procrastinate. When I have food in the house, I cook and eat what's in the house. When I run out of food, sometimes I go an entire week eating fast food up to twice a day before I finally force myself to go to the store. I generally go to the grocery store once a month, and I can usually make it last 3-4 weeks.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

meatyochre

Postby meatyochre » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:59 am UTC

My guilty pleasure is popeye's mashed potatoes and gravy. I get a large mashed potato sometimes for lunch and just eat that.

It's a pain in the ass to make mashed potatoes properly at home. I just don't have the patience to buy/peel/boil/milk/butter/mash/gravify my own potatoes at home when I can get a delicious serving of them for 3 bucks and a couple minutes.
Dark567 wrote:"Hey, I created a perpetual motion device"

"yeah, but your poster sucks. F-"

Mishrak

Postby Mishrak » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:09 pm UTC

I'm a sucker for Sonic hamburgers and Jack in the Box hamburgers (especially their Sourdough bread). I try to avoid going there often because it ends up being way more expensive than buying groceries, and of course the health issues are quite obvious.

There's a little Vietnamese bakery nearby that does these pork sandwiches that I buy infrequently and are significantly healthier than most fast food chains. But eating at a place like McDonalds or Burger King on a regular basis is out of the question. At most it's once a week, if that.

I used to eat it all the time in High School when I wasn't paying for it, but at 25, my metabolism is starting to slow down just a little bit, and I don't want to clog my arteries any more than they already are.

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:39 pm UTC

The only fast food I eat almost daily is breakfast at either Chick-Fil-A or Waffle House. Usually Waffle House.

For lunch I might go to Arby's, Wendy's, Subway, Burger King, Quizno's, or Sonic. All of those are real close to work. Most of the time, though, I go to a sit-down restaurant like any of the local Mexican places, a couple of Chinese places, or Waffle House, which is really borderline fast food/sit-down.
PRG

An important message for you:

Bruenor

Postby Bruenor » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 am UTC

After working in a fast food burger chain while still in High School, I could never, ever eat at one again. Seriously, I'd rather go hungry. I do have the occasional pizza delivery, maybe twice a month, and most days I buy my lunch out, but it's always something not too bad like a pre-packaged sandwich or wrap or similar.

Delbin

Postby Delbin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:37 pm UTC

I used to go 4-6 times a week before I started cooking. Usually Wendie's or Chipotle with occasional trips to subway. Lately, though, I've been going once or twice a month. I've gotten to the point where the greasy and processed stuff just doesn't sit well with me anymore. I pretty much just go to chipotle now with occasional trips to Wendie's when I get a specific hamburger craving. I still haven't managed to make a good burger on my own.

Kevin88

Postby Kevin88 » Thu May 16, 2013 8:20 pm UTC

Well. I usually eat 2, MAYBE 3 times per week. Not whole meals, just... well, for instance. Monday, I might be doing some errands, so I'll stop and get a snack wrap for lunch. Then I'll be out on Wednesday, wanting something sweet so I'll stop and get a Junior Frosty. Then, if I happen to have a mommy's day out, I'll get like a grilled chicken sandwich. So as I said, 2, MAYBE 3 times per week.

Return to “Food”