Fluorescent food?

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

Fluorescent food?

Postby Fnord » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:46 pm UTC

I've been wondering for a while now if there is anything you can mix in food or (preferably) drinks in order to make it flourescent (when exposed to visible or UV light), without it also becoming toxic at the same time. I'm looking for generic things, so no specific brands (as it is quite likely that we won't have it here). Vitamin B12 is the only one I know of, but there has to be others.
Fnord

Re: Fluorescent food?

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:30 pm UTC

Tonic water for drinks, apparently, although I haven't tried it. You might also need to find stuff with real quinine in it?
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.
PhoenixEnigma

Postby Fnord » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:30 pm UTC

That would mean that a (correctly done) Gin & Tonic would be flourescent? That is nice to know. I'll bring my blacklight to the store and see which drinks might contain quinine.
Fnord

Postby Ulc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:44 pm UTC

Fnord wrote:That would mean that a (correctly done) Gin & Tonic would be flourescent?

I thought everyone and their dogs knew that gin & tonic is fluorescent?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

A White Russian, shades and a bathrobe, what more can you want from life?
Ulc

Postby Fnord » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:29 pm UTC

This person did not, and "my" dog died before I turned 5 :( But I would be surprised if everyone actually knew that. I've been asking around among my friends for other things that would fit the bill, and not a single one suggested GT. It might also be a regional thing, almost everyone in a certain part of the world know something like that.
Fnord

Return to Food