Food that should exist

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

piwakawaka42

Food that should exist

Postby piwakawaka42 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:59 am UTC

What crazy ideas have you had for food that you plan on trying out one day, when you get off the internet at last...
I'll kick thing off with a desert burger: use scone dough for the buns, chocolate cake for the patty, fruit instead of the vege, and jam or whipped cream for the sauce.
Also, peanut-flavoured potato chips (or crisps, for any Brits out their :)
The difference between magic and technology is quite simple: If it works, it's technology; if it doesn't work, we call it magic and get all mushy about it-Theodore Gray

Re: Food that should exist

Postby AvatarIII » Mon May 21, 2012 10:08 am UTC

i've had desert Pizza before, which is kind of like what you suggest for the dessert burger,

sweetened bread for the base, jam for sauce chocolate instead of cheese and random fruit/cookies/etc. for topping, but that already exists....

piwakawaka42

Postby piwakawaka42 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:53 am UTC

Yeah, dessert pizza was where I got the idea from. Sweetened bread might work for the buns better than scone dough, actually, but I noticed that scones were about the right size and shape.
The difference between magic and technology is quite simple: If it works, it's technology; if it doesn't work, we call it magic and get all mushy about it-Theodore Gray

marcel

Postby marcel » Tue May 22, 2012 3:19 pm UTC

I thought you might have gotten the idea here
http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2012/05/cupcakewurst.html

piwakawaka42

Postby piwakawaka42 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:15 am UTC

Nope-never seen it before. That definitely goes on the list, though.

freakish777

Postby freakish777 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:21 pm UTC

A Taco dish that's that's served like Lasagna. There's plenty of Taco dip recipes out there for dipping your tortilla chips into, but I want something meatier, heavier, more complete meal feeling than "party food" feeling.

Breakfast/Dessert Garbage Plate. For those outside of Rochester NY, Garbage plates consist of (usually a bed of), Mac Salad, Home Fries (or French Fries) topped with either hot dogs or hamburgers and meat hot sauce. They're delicious. But I want a breakfast/dessert options with something like sweet sausage, syrup and something to replace the mac salad (the home fries could stay, or maybe turn into hash browns).

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Postby Sandry » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:54 pm UTC

freakish777 wrote:A Taco dish that's that's served like Lasagna. There's plenty of Taco dip recipes out there for dipping your tortilla chips into, but I want something meatier, heavier, more complete meal feeling than "party food" feeling.

There are some variations of chilaquiles that are like this... You might enjoy this version.
He does not spout ever more, new stupidities. He "diversifies his wrongness portfolio."
(My pronouns are She/Her/Hers)

Return to “Food”