Cognitive Bias Codex With Definitions

Think your art is better or your stick figures worse? Got a link to a site you want to share? Post it here!

Moderators: Jacque, Moderators General, Prelates

Janx

Cognitive Bias Codex With Definitions

Postby Janx » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:56 pm UTC

A while back, a friend and I were researching and discussing cognitive biases and we thought it would be great to have a handy go-to reference. A quick survey of the internet found this page on Wikipedia which had John Manoogian's awesome Codex on the page. I liked John's codex but wanted more than just a list of biases (beautifully categorized as they were); I wanted some explanations.

So I sat down and did some research and came up with all the definitions from the biases on the codex, corrected some errors, and cross-referenced them. The result is my Cognitive Bias Codex with Definitions. Proud of my work, I contacted John to let him know (he was thrilled) and then posted it up on the aforementioned Wikipedia page.

Sometime later, the cabal that runs Wikipedia decided to remove both John's and my graphic citing some problem with original research. Honestly, I can't parse their argument and they run the show autocratically so it is no use even trying to fight it. Suffice it to say, my Codex with Definitions is simply a handy reference that is based on information I found mostly on Wikipedia already and somewhat around the internet. I would think that anyone doing deep research into cognitive biases would go beyond Wikipedia and wouldn't seriously use my Codex as a research source reference. It is meant more as a handy reference for the informed amateur.

I think my Codex With Definitions (or Aggregator as one of my 'fans' called it) is well-constructed and a handy piece of work. I'd like to share it with the world. Right now, it still sits on the Wikimedia Commons here but nothing links to it so it is hard to find. My question for the forum is, where do you think it should go?

Cheers,
Brian
A fantasy adventure game straight out of 1985 evoked into the modern world. A philosophical portrait of meaning. A challenging puzzle. Whether you remember Oubliette or not, prepare to enter...The Caves of Janxrathra.

Return to “Your art and links”