want to create sprite-based a webcomic...

Think your art is better or your stick figures worse? Got a link to a site you want to share? Post it here!

Moderators: Jacque, Moderators General, Prelates

Jakenan

want to create sprite-based a webcomic...

Postby Jakenan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:04 am UTC

Hello, i have a few questions about making character sprites for a webcomic; and i really hope this goes here ^.^;

Im currently unemployed, bored restless, and want to do something with my time (uhg, aside from going everywhere to apply for any job). I was thinking a webcomic would make good use of my creativeness (uh, i hope thats a word). Unfortunate, my drawing skills are lacking and most mediums, like writing and such, leaving me stuck at how i want to present. Since, i cant draw to save my life, but im good with computers, i was wondering if pixel sprites might be up my alley. Many of my internet searching suggest Photoshop but im afraid i dont have it. Also another suggestion is MS Paint and im working with that.

What im wondering if there are any software or techniques that i could use to create these sprites? or create them easier?

Any help is appreciated and thank you ^.^

turret

Re: want to create sprite-based a webcomic...

Postby turret » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:08 am UTC

Not to be all thievy and evil, may I suggest torrents? (fight the system!)

Also, I've heard GIMP and Paint.NET might be alternatives. Given, I do extremely little image editing, ever, so I can only advise as far as what software.
You see here what you want to see. It is rather weird that you would want to see something affirming your seeing what you want to see. You, my friend, are a weird person.

Jacque
a member of shro's band

Postby Jacque » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:35 am UTC

turret wrote:Not to be all thievy and evil, may I suggest torrents? (fight the system!)

Yeah... don't pirate software.

turret wrote:Also, I've heard GIMP and Paint.NET might be alternatives. Given, I do extremely little image editing, ever, so I can only advise as far as what software.

GIMP. It's free. It's reasonably powerful, more than enough for what you're looking to do.

Jakenan

Postby Jakenan » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:20 am UTC

Jacque wrote:
turret wrote:Not to be all thievy and evil, may I suggest torrents? (fight the system!)

Yeah... don't pirate software.

Im not much for torrents or other such piracy. I frown apon but dont judge.

Jacque wrote:
turret wrote:Also, I've heard GIMP and Paint.NET might be alternatives. Given, I do extremely little image editing, ever, so I can only advise as far as what software.

GIMP. It's free. It's reasonably powerful, more than enough for what you're looking to do.

Kay, thanks. I'll look into GIMP and maybe i wont be taking 5 hours just working on the head of a sprite ^.^;

Jakenan

Postby Jakenan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:42 am UTC

Just wanted to update, and i must say, the control and effects with GIMP are quite impressive. thanks for the help ^.^

Return to “Your art and links”