Does this exist as a bumper sticker somewhere?(Poisson fish)

Think your art is better or your stick figures worse? Got a link to a site you want to share? Post it here!

Moderators: Jacque, Moderators General, Prelates

Idhan

Does this exist as a bumper sticker somewhere?(Poisson fish)

Postby Idhan » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:42 pm UTC

I'm not sure whether this is the right forum, but I couldn't think of a better one. So, I had a thought. Namely, this:

poisson.gif
Poisson distribution inscribed in a fish (poisson).
poisson.gif (2.15 KiB) Viewed 6126 times

However, it seemed, on reflection, that it couldn't have been a very original thought. So I tried a little searching for the bumper-sticker or t-shirt version. I couldn't find it. Anyone know where to find it? Or, if it's original, is it a good enough idea to try to pitch?

quintopia

Re: Does this exist as a bumper sticker somewhere?(Poisson f

Postby quintopia » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:41 pm UTC

I've never seen it before. If you think it's clever enough to sell, post it up on zazzle and see what happens.

personally, i think it's uninspiring graphically at the moment. It would benefit by something more visually interesting, like, say building the fish entirely out of Poisson pdf curves, with the various coordinate axes greyed in in the right places. Or maybe, a realistic fish, with gray Poisson curves forming its scale (complete with coordinate axes). Or it might just be enough to thicken the fish outline and use a bigger prettier font for the formula.

GarryRicketson

Postby GarryRicketson » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:14 am UTC

I have never seen it before either. And as to if this is the right place, sorry I don't know
on that. But if it is not , you will get a nasty PM telling you yu have been a bad boy/girl.
From Garry

Jacque
a member of shro's band

Postby Jacque » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:08 pm UTC

Might be a touch hard to read unless someone is really close to your bumper.

Idhan

Postby Idhan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:56 pm UTC

quintopia wrote:personally, i think it's uninspiring graphically at the moment. It would benefit by something more visually interesting, like, say building the fish entirely out of Poisson pdf curves, with the various coordinate axes greyed in in the right places.

Ooh! That's a cool idea. I'll have to get onto that.

collergeo

Postby collergeo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:46 pm UTC

Idhan wrote:
quintopia wrote:personally, i think it's uninspiring graphically at the moment. It would benefit by something more visually interesting, like, say building the fish entirely out of Poisson pdf curves, with the various coordinate axes greyed in in the right places.

Ooh! That's a cool idea. I'll have to get onto that.

Looks very odd to me. Never seen it before and even like this. You can redesign it and make it more charming and attractive. I don’t this anyone would get interest in it.

Return to “Your art and links”