A science fiction webcomic.

Think your art is better or your stick figures worse? Got a link to a site you want to share? Post it here!

Moderators: Jacque, Moderators General, Prelates

Singuhilarity

A science fiction webcomic.

Postby Singuhilarity » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:03 pm UTC

Hello, folks. I recently started writing a webcomic and wanted to share it with others who might appreciate it. It's a possibily humorous, poorly drawn science fiction comic entitled Singuhilarity.

I only have 8 strips posted so far, but another one goes up tonight at midnight and I've got plenty more to go. The comic updates Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

If you care to, let me know what you think. If you think it's stupid and not very funny, that's okay - you're not the only one.

voicedotter

Re: A science fiction webcomic.

Postby voicedotter » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:43 pm UTC

It is alright. The first couple weren't the best. BTW were they made in paint? if so then good job.

Singuhilarity

Postby Singuhilarity » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:21 pm UTC

Those in the know say that it gets better. But yes, it was made in Paint, so I'll take the compliments when I can get them. Thanks for reading!

WaterToFire

Postby WaterToFire » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:19 pm UTC

I've read through what's up there so far. I actually found it fairly entertaining after the first few. The writing is pretty decent. The art could definitely use an upgrade. I don't mind simplistic art by any means, but reusing the same frames over and over isn't my thing. I would perhaps looking to The Order of the Stick for an example of a stick figure comic that manages to show emotion and expressions. I don't know if drawing just isn't your thing, or you don't have the time for that, and I certainly wouldn't blame you if that were the case, but IMO having expressions or at least a bit of movement would greatly increase the quality. As a side note, there are other free drawing programs out there that are great improvements on Paint. I use GIMP, which is like a free version of photoshop. It has a bit of a learning curve, but I'd recommend giving it a try.

Singuhilarity

Postby Singuhilarity » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:17 pm UTC

Thanks for the comments.

As the comic continues, I play around with the scenes a little bit more, but so far I haven't done much to improve the characters' facial expressions. Yes, drawing is not really my thing, so one might wonder why I'm writing a webcomic. But I'm actually strongly considering the idea of adding a little more detail to the characters' expressions and poses.

Again, thanks for reading.

Return to “Your art and links”