Daily Coin Flip

Think your art is better or your stick figures worse? Got a link to a site you want to share? Post it here!

Moderators: Jacque, Moderators General, Prelates

jl3walsh

Daily Coin Flip

Postby jl3walsh » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:36 pm UTC

My humor site, http://www.dailycoinflip.com , might be of interest to XKCD readers. My attempts at humor also revolve around language, mathematics, and the absurd. The site started as a parody of horoscopes, based on the idea that flipping a coin is as good a way to predict the future as casting a horoscope. Over the past couple of years, it has developed into an archive of jokes in a unique format. I'd be interested in any reaction you might have to the site. Update (6/29/12): There's also a new, short book of past highlights from the site at http://www.amazon.com/Best-Daily-Coin-F ... 008C8NZBS/ .
Last edited by jl3walsh on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:14 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.

jl3walsh

Re: Daily Coin Flip

Postby jl3walsh » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:10 pm UTC

When the Republican presidential candidates were asked to describe themselves in one word, I came up with "heterological," a math term meaning "not describing itself," which I added to the site above. Did anyone else treat the question as a puzzle and come up with solutions?

I apologize for the double post. I just saw that it's a breach of etiquette.

RaceBandit

Re: Daily Coin Flip (Wednesday)

Postby RaceBandit » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 am UTC

From what I can see, it definitely offers some interesting questions.
For today's question, I flipped a dime and got tails.

I'm a bit surprised this didn't spark any conversation, though. To be specific, I would've expected somebody to have either defended or questioned their result by now.

Return to “Your art and links”