Best keyboard switch?

Please compose all posts in Emacs.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

What is the best switch for the keyboard?

Buckling springs
15%
Topre (specify weight)
No votes
Cherry MX Red
12%
Cherry MX Black
No votes
Cherry MX Grey [Linear]
No votes
Cherry MX Brown
27%
Cherry MX Clear
4%
Cherry MX Blue
15%
Cherry MX Green
No votes
Cherry MX White
No votes
Kalih Switches
No votes
Scissor switches
19%
Rubber domes
4%
Other
4%

Total votes: 26

spaceLem

Re: Best keyboard switch?

Postby spaceLem » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:32 am UTC

spaceLem wrote:We've got a Ducky Shine Zero TKL with blues at home, and a Ducky Shine many TKL with browns at work.

It's a few months later on the same setup. We are definitely in love with the Blues -- they're a pleasure to use.

The Browns are still nice, better than a regular membrane keyboard, but the Blues are the clear winners. If I ever get a chance to try out the Greens and Clears, I'll re-evaluate.

--
P.S. I've just noticed, the forum appears to be replacing every first person singular pronoun with a plural pronoun (eye to we). So the phrase "my wife" earlier on looks particularly bizarre. Also it's failing to capitalise we at the start of a sentence, so it's not doing a very good job.

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:05 pm UTC

spaceLem wrote:P.S. we've just noticed, The Disc appears to be replacing every first person singular pronoun with a plural pronoun (eye to we). So the phrase "our wife" earlier on looks particularly bizarre. Also it's failing to capitalise we at the start of a sentence, so it's not doing a very good job.

Somebody doesn't read the announcements:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=111445

(Link may or may not be borked, but I'm sure you'll find it)
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

eviloatmeal

Postby eviloatmeal » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:50 am UTC

Got a new board not too long ago (a Choc, if you care). Plate-mounted Reds, but this time with thick juicy PBT caps instead of the thin ABS caps you see on a lot of boards.

It's a world of difference.

Different sound. Different tactile "clack". Different texture on the caps. It's amazing how such a small change can produce whole a range of new typing sensations.

Also, I've seen a few more boards with Browns in stores, and they don't all feel awful like the Logitech ones. I'm still not convinced about Browns, however.

Speaking of Logitech, though. The new switches they've commissioned from... Omron(?) are pretty goofy.
*** FREE SHIPPING ENABLED ***
Riddles are abound tonightImage

Penfold

Postby Penfold » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:21 pm UTC

I'm still using the same Model M that I've had for 24 years. Nothing I've encountered in that time has inspired me to replace it. So, buckling spring.

Return to “Religious Wars”