Halo vs Star Wars

Please compose all posts in Emacs.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Ianto

Re: Halo vs Star Wars

Postby Ianto » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:13 am UTC

the assumption is possibly that this would happen pre-first contact between the covenant and humans when both are at their peak of the their power.
Laugh now but one day we will rule the world

Ivan227

Postby Ivan227 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:39 pm UTC

Ianto wrote:the assumption is possibly that this would happen pre-first contact between the covenant and humans when both are at their peak of the their power.

standing beneath niagra with TWO umbrellas!

BlackMesa

Postby BlackMesa » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:06 pm UTC

The flood were able to destroy a galaxy wide Forerunner empire, as well as take over god knows how many galaxies before arriving in the Milky Way. Even though this conversation is designed to be about the UNSC and Spartans, I think it would be fairly easy to weaponize flood spores and launch them at people. Addtionally, it only takes a small number of people to activate the haloes. So even though the halo universe may not have as large of a military, they have weapons that could wipe out all life in the galazy fairly easily.
"Courage is not the absence of fear!" - Aperture Science

Ivan227

Postby Ivan227 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:29 pm UTC

BlackMesa wrote:The flood were able to destroy a galaxy wide Forerunner empire, as well as take over god knows how many galaxies before arriving in the Milky Way. Even though this conversation is designed to be about the UNSC and Spartans, I think it would be fairly easy to weaponize flood spores and launch them at people. Addtionally, it only takes a small number of people to activate the haloes. So even though the halo universe may not have as large of a military, they have weapons that could wipe out all life in the galazy fairly easily.

if the flood are involved then ill agree that it becomes much more of an open question.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:48 am UTC

BlackSails wrote:
Psychopomp wrote:The flood are not an issue. SW ships have kinetic and energy shields that would prevent any boarding action long enough for their incomprehensibly superior shipborne firepower to completely destroy every ship in range. And considering a Halo can be destroyed by a limited nuclear reaction like the PoA reactor going into overload, why are we acting like the SW ships can't simply destroy the Halos with their nuke dwarfing weapons?

It is very, very difficult to find things in space.

Also, dont the elites have some beam weapon that cuts ships in half, shields and all?

Yes, yes they do.

Also, about the halo rings being very blowupable.
The PoTa was just the detonator, cortana had you running around making the halo ring very unstable and very prone to overload ZOMG explosion.
And the UNSC/Cov wouldn't need to try to "weaponize" the flood. The flood network would detect tasty minds with new tasty tech, and go to town on their own.
The UNSC naval presence is shit compared to SW and Covenant, so yes they would lose in space, but with the Coveneant glassing planets and protecting the UNSC they would be perfect for ground operations.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

OOPMan

Postby OOPMan » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:25 pm UTC

I always wonder about the kind of people who argue these sort of points. Any of you guys care to elaborate on yourselves?

Are you all just hopeless fanboys?

Or is there some other thing in common?

PS. I am not trying to insult anyone.

BlackMesa

Postby BlackMesa » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:56 pm UTC

OOPMan wrote:I always wonder about the kind of people who argue these sort of points. Any of you guys care to elaborate on yourselves?

Are you all just hopeless fanboys?

Or is there some other thing in common?

PS. I am not trying to insult anyone.

I really like both universes. The idea of arguing the point is that i allows for people to think of new ideas that are really cool. We will never actually get to see a stardestroyer battle a covenant ship, but it would be fairly epic. Since we wont know the winner by actually having that happen in a game or movie or something, we have the story ,and essentially the battle, in our heads. However we are all fairly biased towards one side or another, so to keep it balanced we have both sides state their cases. Its just fun. If you dont enjoy it, dont bother wasting your ime on these forums.

Ianto

Postby Ianto » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:19 pm UTC

here here, i could be considered a fanboy but im not sure about which.

On topic: if one jedi was sloppy and a flood spore got hold of him that would be it as far as im concerned. and as previously stated if the spartans were able to get force powers which is possible in the star wars universe via the vally of the jedi they would be almost unstoppable as it would add to their already augmented being. Though there is the possibility of over streching the body and mind of the spartens making them kind of useless
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Valley_of_the_jedi

BlackMesa

Postby BlackMesa » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:49 pm UTC

Don't know if things infected by the flood would be able to use the force. When the flood infect things they change the composition of the cells of that organism. This might kill off the midi-chlorians and make them no longer able to use the force. And i don't know how well jedi could be infeceted. midi-chlorians might provide some kind of resistance to flood super-cells. I dont know, they are both independt imiginary (hate to break it to you, but they are) cells. I dont know how they would interact.

Ianto

Postby Ianto » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:31 pm UTC

i think the reaction of the two types of cells would effectively destroy the host as the conflict between the two would be huge

BlackMesa

Postby BlackMesa » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:41 pm UTC

so i guess that means no jedi flood

Ianto

Postby Ianto » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:05 pm UTC

pretty much but force enhanced covenant or spartens are feasible

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:14 pm UTC

So with a virus that kills Jedi on contact, the flood would win. Go flood super cells!
Spoiler:

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Ianto

Postby Ianto » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:24 pm UTC

and with the jedi out of the way the ground battle become even easier. and also thinking about it logically humans are humans in both galaxys so they could share tech and wipe out any that oppose them

aireoth

Postby aireoth » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:44 pm UTC

It really comes down to ground battle or space. Even then I think GR would win, just like against Star Trek, the Star Wars universe is just properly setup from a military standpoint (So is halo). Fighters is a big key to this, star wars is setup essentially like a carrier fleet, though all ships in the universe have decent amoutns of lasers, missiles and ion cannon, they also support large complements of fighter craft (a Star Destroyer has 6 TIE squadrons makign for 72 Ships) and Republic fighters are hyperspace capable. Bombers and interceptors would rule space and the skies, as all fighters are atmosphere capable. Halo is lacking decent fighter support, and no shields on the ones that exist, A-wings would mop the floor with Pelicans and the human fighters (can't remember the name) and B-wings would rip into Halo's ships and Stations. The Mac cannon would probably prove very effective against the largest ships in the GR, but it wouldn't really turn the tied, and shields would hold at least against a few rounds.

Then you come to ground fights, here is where Halo would really shine, but only if the GR didn't have air support. Rebuplic troops would be roughly on par with Halo's soldiers, so without airsupport it would boil down to numbers and how well the Spartan's fair. Jedi would only have so much impact, while good at covert missions, unless they are of the superior variety (End/Book Luke, Vader, or Yoda) they would only be picked out by Halo's soldiers and shot into the ground (or rocketted). Spartans would be effective, but once again, target on the front lines, so support and covert action would suit them better.

I think ground would be the more interesting, if the Jedi equiped blasters, they would be much more effective, as their limited pre-cog would be an asset as squad support. Space would just be boring. Don't forget if you put flood in it they arn't on anyones side, and Jedi would be pretty hard to catch with popcorn, if I can beat them with the butt of my rifle, imagine a trained jedi with light saber and force push, not saying its impossible but definaly hard.

Also if your going to lump universes (So that Spartans, Covenant and flood are working together) then you have to lump Star Wars as well, which dwarfs Halo's universe, even if you ignore the stupid Yung-Von (or whatever) from the latest and worst incarnation of the Star Wars books.

I know its lame fanboy crap, but I'm bored.

Ianto

Postby Ianto » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:20 pm UTC

Fanboy crap is epic. but in these situations where the universes are merged the possibilities are endless. as much as weve talked about the spartens being infused with the force equally the sith could fire the halo rings solving all their problems in one

Darth Fipris

Postby Darth Fipris » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:13 pm UTC

ok, someone finally mentioned the sith. (FYI) they can destroy stars just by, er... using the force. also, jedi can use the 'force' to completely neutralize lasers, making them harmless (or, in the sense that they wont make you blind) beams of light. not to mention the not too famous orbalisks, which can obliterate spores and make the host completely invincible, as their shells are impenetrable. *over and out*

BlackMesa

Postby BlackMesa » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:44 pm UTC

The Star Wars universe has alot more overpowered stuff, which is why i thought this conversation was limited to the Galactic Republic versus the UNSC. Now allies could feasibly be included. For example, if you mess with the UNSC, they have their Elite allies to back them up (and the Galactic Republic has jedi friends, so they can be included). This is why I suggested 'weaponizing' flood spores. Jedi powers such as these were not common in the republic, at least not common enough to save the jedi form the clones.

HawkDesigns

Postby HawkDesigns » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:33 pm UTC

I think Halo is alright, but Star Wars is the original and the best.
Spoiler:
^Clicky clicky^

Ianto

Postby Ianto » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:52 pm UTC

what constructive relevance does that have?

PhoenixRider

Postby PhoenixRider » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:17 pm UTC

Ianto wrote:what constructive relevance does that have?

More then you know...I think.

BlackMesa

Postby BlackMesa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:59 am UTC

i think the relevance is about equal to that of their avatar

PhoenixRider

Postby PhoenixRider » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:02 am UTC

Anyways, as much as I would love to say Halo, Jedis could take down the UNSC with the force. The spartans may be elite soldiers, but they can be easily countered with the force alone. Let alone the fact that each jedi is highly skilled with their light sabers.

Also, I like my avatar. :|

Ianto

Postby Ianto » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:36 am UTC

0 times 0 to the power of 1

as to the jedi beating Spartans, if clones can almost wipe jedi to extinction through mass of numbers i think the spartens will do a bang up job of it

BlackMesa

Postby BlackMesa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:59 pm UTC

PhoenixRider wrote: Also, I like my avatar. :|

sorry, i was talking about the Hawk Designs' avatar
yours isnt so bad

I would have to agree that if clones can take out jedi, spartans definitely can. However, clones had the element of suprise.

Ianto

Postby Ianto » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:33 pm UTC

drop pods

BlackMesa

Postby BlackMesa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:57 pm UTC

you can see them coming. It is very difficult to sneak up on a jedi. And sniping would be difficult because of the rediculous reflexes. Clones were able to get very close and suprise them with LASER weapons at close range. That is difficult to block, but a bullet might be different

comander dougless

Postby comander dougless » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:20 pm UTC

in space it would be pretty onesided with star wars winning.ground battles would be a little differnt because of spartens and elites. brutes and humans would be wasted by storm troopers but everyone would be killed by jedi

PhoenixRider

Postby PhoenixRider » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:23 pm UTC

The only reason the storm troopers almost eliminated the jedi was because of their never ending population and their element of surprise.

Ianto

Postby Ianto » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:35 pm UTC

but each spartan is worth alot of clones

Kelly

Postby Kelly » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:28 pm UTC

UNMC of course.
Everyone knows storm troopers are really girls and Jedi's still live with their parents. ;)

BlackMesa

Postby BlackMesa » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:12 pm UTC

Jedi may live with their parents, but spartans fall in love with computer programs

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:14 am UTC

Kelly wrote:UNSC of course.
Everyone knows storm troopers are really girls and Jedi's still live with their parents. ;)

UNSC, WHY WHY DO PEOPLE NOT GET THIS RIGHT.
*UNJUSTIFIED FANRAGE MOMENT"
Spoiler:

s/notwittysig/wittysig

seanfalloy

Postby seanfalloy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:56 am UTC

Dont get me wrong I have alot of respect for the jedi.. but lets not forget the flood from halo 1.. (Best level ever)
Like stated previously
"Jedi flood" --shudder

By the way Ianto your avatar is on the wrong forum NO CAD COMICS HERE
--Rumor has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages. Worse still, is that if you play them forwards they will install Windows.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:24 am UTC

seanfalloy wrote:Dont get me wrong I have alot of respect for the jedi.. but lets not forget the flood from halo 1.. (Best level ever)
Like stated previously
"Jedi flood" --shudder

By the way Ianto your avatar is on the wrong forum NO CAD COMICS HERE CAD COMICS GET ZALGO'D
Spoiler:

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Reg Berkeley

Postby Reg Berkeley » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:19 pm UTC

The Jedi for sure...would be a bloodbath.

halopwnsall

Postby halopwnsall » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:28 pm UTC

what about the elites UNSC +ELITES = bye bye star wars+ the death star was destroyed

halopwnsall

Postby halopwnsall » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:30 pm UTC

what if high charity went to kamino bye bye clones

auren

Postby auren » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:51 am UTC

Recall when the the Elite Shipmaster had to glass all of Africa in Halo 3 because of the flood, stating a single flood spore (cell) can wipe out an entire civilization; all you would have to do is load several thousand drop pods with flood and shoot them towards Coruscant. Even if you "kill" a flood it dosn't actually die and with who knows how many people on Coruscant, they would never run out of food. The only bad thing about this strategy is later on the flood would eventually take the humans and elites over.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:36 pm UTC

auren wrote:Recall when the the Elite Shipmaster had to glass all of Africa in Halo 3 because of the flood, stating a single flood spore (cell) can wipe out an entire civilization; all you would have to do is load several thousand drop pods with flood and shoot them towards Coruscant. Even if you "kill" a flood it dosn't actually die and with who knows how many people on Coruscant, they would never run out of food. The only bad thing about this strategy is later on the flood would eventually take the humans and elites over.

Courscant has a shield over the entire planet. The flood will just go splat against it.

Return to “Religious Wars”