Parkour Workout

The Food Forum's Evil Twin. Trying to lose weight or get in shape? Tips, encouragement, status reports, and so forth go here.
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, we are not health professionals. Take advice with salt.

Moderators: Mighty Jalapeno, Moderators General, Prelates

Vertana

Parkour Workout

Postby Vertana » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:03 am UTC

I'm looking for new ways to workout for Parkour. My endurance is at a point where I can take a rest and work on my strength again. I do have access to a gym, so it doesn't matter if the exercise is body weight or with actual weights. I'm really just looking for exercises to mix up workouts. What routines or exercises do you use to work on arms, back, core, and such?

Miro

Re: Parkour Workout

Postby Miro » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:25 pm UTC

I posted this in another thread but I think it's appropriate. These are all body weight exercises that will increase strength and endurance.

savanik

Postby savanik » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:38 pm UTC

I'm actually interested in parkour, but I need to build up my endurance. How do you work out for that?

Sav
"If it were up to the copyright lobby, owning a pen would be punishable by fines." ---Arancaytar

TheSkyMovesSideways

Postby TheSkyMovesSideways » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:00 am UTC

savanik wrote:I'm actually interested in parkour, but I need to build up my endurance. How do you work out for that?

Do parkour.

This is kind of like asking, "I'm actually interested in running/weightlifting/cycling, how do you work out for that?" Parkour is a system of exercise. It is designed to improve your endurance, among other things.
I had all kinds of plans in case of a zombie attack.
I just figured I'd be on the other side.
~ASW

Return to “Fit Club”