Best food and exercise tracking site with Fitbit?

The Food Forum's Evil Twin. Trying to lose weight or get in shape? Tips, encouragement, status reports, and so forth go here.
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, we are not health professionals. Take advice with salt.

Moderators: Mighty Jalapeno, Moderators General, Prelates

scootero1211

Best food and exercise tracking site with Fitbit?

Postby scootero1211 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:55 am UTC

Hello. I'm an 18-year-old man, 5' 11 1/2", currently fluctuating between 220 and 230 lbs. I'm finally taking the plunge, trying to lose weight and become fitter. I've recently purchase a Fitbit Ultra activity tracker and I've been trying to track my food and exercise with fitbit.com.

However, though it allows for a lot more data points to be tracked (body circumferences, heart rate, BP, sleep, etc.), the stock Fitbit site is missing a lot of foods from its database. I often find myself relying on generic, inaccurate data for tracking my food intake.

Does anyone know of another good site that can import FitBit data but has a broader, user-definable food database, and preferably an Android app? Thanks.

Eseell

Re: Best food and exercise tracking site with Fitbit?

Postby Eseell » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:14 am UTC

My doctor recommended myfitnesspal to track my calories and exercise, and I actually like it a lot. It has an android app, which is pretty much all I use to enter data, but it does also sync with the Fitbit.
"Math is hard work and it occupies your mind -- and it doesn't hurt to learn all you can of it, no matter what rank you are; everything of any importance is founded on mathematics." - Robert A. Heinlein

scootero1211

Postby scootero1211 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:26 am UTC

Eseell wrote:My doctor recommended myfitnesspal to track my calories and exercise, and I actually like it a lot. It has an android app, which is pretty much all I use to enter data, but it does also sync with the Fitbit.

Thanks! I'll post status updates.

Promac

Postby Promac » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:02 am UTC

Fitocracy is a good incentive website. Gives you points for doing exercise. Nerd-friendly and slightly addictive (a good thing).

Tounx

Postby Tounx » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:46 pm UTC

I will second fitacracy and myfitnesspal. They have both allowed me to get in the best shape of my life.

Return to “Fit Club”