Help With A Timing Problem

The Food Forum's Evil Twin. Trying to lose weight or get in shape? Tips, encouragement, status reports, and so forth go here.
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, we are not health professionals. Take advice with salt.

Moderators: Mighty Jalapeno, Moderators General, Prelates

Sytri

Help With A Timing Problem

Postby Sytri » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:05 pm UTC

Hi all, I need you r help with something. I have entered into a half marathon on March 17th. Which means I have 9 weeks till I run, 8 to train. I can currently run 30 minutes straight and cover 2.75 miles in that time. I have a training plan here from bupa and I need to shave some weeks off somewhere if possible.

A little more about me: as some of you may vaguely recall, I indoor climb and I cycle about 30 miles a week so I'm not completely unfit and could probably push myself harder if necessary. Personally I was thinking that I would just shave the first few weeks of training off and start at week 3. of the schedule, but I've had friends say that I should start at the beginning and take out some other weeks.

I now bend my wil to that of the collective mind.

Please help!
Apathy will kill us all. Or not. Whatever.

screen317

Re: Help With A Timing Problem

Postby screen317 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:18 pm UTC

My personal opinion would be to cut out week 1 and 2 as you thought to do. Your current fitness schedule appears to be sufficient to start at week 3.

Return to “Fit Club”