Graduating write-up

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Jeff Jefferson

Graduating write-up

Postby Jeff Jefferson » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:00 am UTC

I'm graduating this year.[citation needed] As a direct consequence, my classmates and I are doing Senior write-ups, which include future plans and a quote. XKCD has been a consistently interesting medium in my life for a long time (before I was able to understand half the jokes, and had to wait until my oldest brother explained the joke before I could laugh.) and I want to acknowledge that by quoting Munroe (or one of his comics/what-ifs, crediting him) as my Senior quote.

This being the official forums of xkcd, I'd like to know what you all think would make a good school-appropriate inspirational/funny/inspirationally funny quote from Munroe, xkcd or "What if?" Thanks in advance for any responses, and I'll conclude by preemptively apologizing if this is the wrong topic for this post.

LaserGuy

Re: Graduating write-up

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:00 pm UTC

Possibly useful?

Jeff Jefferson

Postby Jeff Jefferson » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:06 pm UTC

To be entirely honest, I hadn't thought of that; unfotunately, the best quote I can find on that page is "You were once shoved headfirst through someone's vagina. Why are you acting so dignified?" I'm not so sure they'd be willing to put that in the yearbook. More progress than I had than before though, so thanks!

scarecrovv
It's pronounced 'double u'

Postby scarecrovv » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:08 am UTC

Reading that page, I quite liked this one, and any yearbook committee would see fit to print it:
The wonderful thing about science is that it doesn't ask for your faith, it just asks for your eyes.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:33 pm UTC

Jeff Jefferson wrote:the best quote I can find on that page is "You were once shoved headfirst through someone's vagina. Why are you acting so dignified?" I'm not so sure they'd be willing to put that in the yearbook.

"Vagina" is not a dirty word and neither is the act being described. Go for it.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Return to “School”