Meeting College Students/Alumni

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

DrAwesome

Meeting College Students/Alumni

Postby DrAwesome » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:40 pm UTC

I'm considering several different schools, most of which are far away, so I was hoping to be able to meet with some alumni to get a feel for the schools. Anyone have any suggestions about the best way to get in contact with someone? I don't want to be bothersome by trying to find people through Facebook if they don't want to be contacted.

Btw, the schools I'm mostly considering are USC, UCLA, and Penn State.

Newt

Re: Meeting College Students/Alumni

Postby Newt » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:09 pm UTC

I wouldn't worry about bothering people over Facebook; lots of people are quite happy to talk about themselves, and the remainder aren't losing any sleep over an unsolicted request for information.

dg61

Postby dg61 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:55 am UTC

Many schools are happy to set up alumni interviews and keep in touch with alumni across the country and around the world for that purpose; contact the admissions offices of the schools you're interested in and they should be able to arrange one for you in your hometown.

ramblinjd

Postby ramblinjd » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:35 pm UTC

dg61 wrote:...contact the admissions offices of the schools you're interested in

Agreed. I worked as a tour guide and recruiter in college and we would call, facebook, email, etc. kids across the country, as well as host meet-ups in the summers in our hometowns. They'll have a hookup for you.

Return to “School”