Forum Migration

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

TvT Rivals

Re: Forum Migration

Postby TvT Rivals » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:19 am UTC

OK, fine. But if you ever have any questions about the topic, feel free to ask.

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:44 am UTC

That was a Mod writing in Mod Voice. Didn't really need a come-back. Just so you know what my interpretation is, @TvTR. BICBW.

But as I'm posting here (better a friendly hint from a nobody like me than something more official in yet more Mod Voice coloured text?), just to report to TPTB (rhetorically) that, as per other recent observations here, when I've checked Your Posts, it has at last seemed accurate (not really coroborated, but I do get the impression of that) but as I've generally now gotten into the habit of using Unread Posts (from which so-far-uncontributed-to threads with intruiging titles also get read and possibly even contributed to) I really don't do that often.

A bit of a fuss, compared with my habitual interaction methods on other forums, but it even has its advantages, including a handy throttling effect on my unsolicited prattling. (When I'm not interested in looking futher at the whole first page of remaining Unreads, I refrain from delving further back and potentially Necroing any more inactive thread. Not by that method, anyway.)

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:56 am UTC

TvT Rivals wrote:OK, fine. But if you ever have any questions about the topic, feel free to ask.

You can certainly voice your concerns; the problem is that this isn't the appropriate thread to do that.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

rmsgrey

Postby rmsgrey » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:16 pm UTC

rmsgrey wrote:
Jplus wrote:I just returned after a ~6 month forums hiatus. My egosearch yielded up-to-date results, but if I understand chridd's post directly above correctly, that might be caused by the fact that I didn't visit the forums for 6 months and my search result cache probably has been cleared in the meanwhile. I'll test that after submitting this post and then report the result in an edit.

Edit: this thread moved to the top of the egosearch after I posted in it, so the issue doesn't seem to apply anymore.

Is there any news on this matter since 19. July? Did the subject perhaps continue in another thread? TIA.

Mine still periodically resets - the threads included sort correctly, but new threads only get added very intermittently - every couple of months or so (long enough that I don't keep an accurate track)

Update: my egosearch reset sometime in the last 36 hours.
Update: 2016/11/30. My egosearch reset sometime in the last 24 hours (so monthly seems plausible)
2016/12/15: Egosearch reset since 2016/12/14. Data appears to be justifying confusion rather than conclusions...

Return to “School”