High School Pranks

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Snowdream

Re: High School Pranks

Postby Snowdream » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:09 am UTC

Ah, I remember (large) containers of liquid manure were dumped down every stairwell at a local HS. Apparently all of the students were trapped upstairs for a long while... of course, the four kids who did it were caught, since they ran out of the school, and apparently every person looked out of the window and saw them.

Mysidic

Postby Mysidic » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:15 pm UTC

When my old high school started construction, we came up with an idea to take the portable wing of the school that was added on. We never did accomplish it as none of us had driver's licenses(or a CDL, I think you'd need a truck) Also, you'd actually have to take the wing apart, as it would cover 3 lanes of a highway otherwise.

It was still fun to talk about, though.
""Thou shalt not lie": in other words, beware, my dear philosopher, of telling the truth." ~Nietzche

pancake bunny

Postby pancake bunny » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:46 pm UTC

i want somehow make it so the buttons the mouses are switched so when you click the left mouse you click the right one and vise-versa
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:02 pm UTC

pancake bunny wrote:i want somehow make it so the buttons the mouses are switched so when you click the left mouse you click the right one and vise-versa
That's pretty simple on a windows machine. There's an option under Mouse Properties to switch the left and right buttons.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

here_and_now

Postby here_and_now » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:45 pm UTC

We don't have much of an end-of-the-year prank tradition at my high school, at least that I can remember. Instead, we have a junior-senior war every year, the week before our homecoming dance. In theory it's supposed to be silly, fun, not destructive. However, it typically escalates as the week goes on, and it can end in damage to property and vehicles. This year, I heard of some kids pouring syrup and mayo all over a car, wrapping it in plastic wrap, and leaving it in the sun all day. By the time the kid that owned the car got the plastic off, his paint was peeling. Somebody else dumped a truck load of horse manure on my friend's car, along with eggs. And what did I do? I set up a living room in my friend's front yard. The best part is, four months later it's still there. :) Definitely something I will remember forever.

Woaz

Postby Woaz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:43 am UTC

Not exactly a prank, but I want to play the cursed tape from the Ring on our morning announcements and watch the school(and possibly faculty), freak.

Levi

Postby Levi » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:23 pm UTC

I plan on getting into my schools office and planting a small speaker with some mp3 player and a battery inside the copier. I'll set it to play "Never Gonna Give You Up" repeatedly just loud enough to be heard when standing nearby. I will also do other awesome stuff.

Ralith

Postby Ralith » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:20 pm UTC

*Cough* School has a CD player hooked up to the intercoms and it plays inbetween classes. I plan to stick a... not so school friendly CD in there.
I am a 14 year old who types at 60 words per minute and can read at a post-college level.
Please view my articles!
http://www.triond.com/users/ralith

Ralith

Postby Ralith » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:54 pm UTC

DELETED
Last edited by Ralith on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:32 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I am a 14 year old who types at 60 words per minute and can read at a post-college level.
Please view my articles!
http://www.triond.com/users/ralith

oomps62

Postby oomps62 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:12 am UTC

My senior year, someone got a hold of the master key for all the padlocks on the lockers and grouped lockers off by groups of 5. For the first four lockers, they moved the lock over one and the fifth lock got put back on the first locker.

This year was epic though. The intersection of our four longest hallways is circular and just the perfect size for one of those inflatable, 3-ft deep pools (http://www.1800trampoline.com/ProductImages/pools/poolw1800tramp400.jpg). Needless to say, one of those was put in the intersection. Also, the four main hallways leading off it were just filled with cups of water. They also got large plastic tarps and with the aid of dishsoap, etc. made a giant slip'n'slide on the front lawn.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:39 pm UTC

The only senior prank I remember is from my freshman year, what the seniors did. Because they did it during 3rd lunch, which I had. They set 3 chickens loose in the cafeteria. It was very funny watching the admin trying to catch them. They obviously don't know chickens well. I caught one and held it for a while; I like chickens :)

They also somehow got a calf up onto the third floor. I didn't see that one though so I don't remember the purpose of it.

I think they had some other sort of animal in the building...goats maybe? I can't recall.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:43 pm UTC

Is there not an urban myth that cows cannot go down stairs, only up them? Yes, yes, citation needed.

Personally, I don't really like the idea of animals being let loose in a prospectively hostile environment, let alone a school. I mean, they'd be distraught, scared and just plain out of their depth.

Much the same was done at my old school, I forget which animal, but she was pregnant and got so terrified of being in the school, that she miscarried. The farmer whom the animal was taken from was not pleased.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:16 pm UTC

Perhaps about the cow.

As to animals being let loose, I can see your point. The chickens in the cafeteria was funny though. No one really freaked out, just the admin (Vice principal mostly) trying to catch them. I caught the one with no issues and she was fine.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

aging.child

Postby aging.child » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:51 pm UTC

The senior pranks in our school are really small and unimaginative. My freshman year about a dozen kids dropped marbles on the floor in the math wing (because all the sixty year old math teachers have the best sense of humor?) I don't know which year, but someone went around taping pictures of babies to the ceiling in random, secluded stairwells. Which is quite shocking if you just happen to glance up. Last year there was a streaker at the graduation ceremony. No one was trying to chase him, and our football field is surrounded on three sides by woods, so we thought he was home-free. But he decided to turn around and head straight for the group of police officers (who were there managing traffic) instead of heading for the woods. Needless to say, he was promptly arrested.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. --Douglas Adams

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:09 pm UTC

A couple of ideas friends of mine have had:
Staple together half filled plastic cups with water and cover the library floor. You can't just lift them up, you have to unstaple each one.
Have one guy dress up as pacman, the others as the ghosts, and put yellow dots on the backs of the freshmen. And then let the chase ensue :)
Last year's senior class put oil on the stairs, so that they had to close a staircase. That wasn't really that good.
They also all rode scooters to school one day. The road from the main section of town to the school is incredibly busy, and so because of the seniors all the classes had to start 15 minutes later.

This isn't really a senior prank, but on freshman orientation day, a group of seniors normally sit at the bottom of the Staircase of Doom (it's this one staircase that leads to a dead end) and video all the freshmen who come down those stairs.

Boxytheboxed

Postby Boxytheboxed » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 pm UTC

This thread is the reason i signed up for the fora :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
anyways, my school has an "Adventure Club" and Im imperious leader *note i hold no leadership position, this is simply my title
were the joke club that strange people sign up for to do strange things. For instance:
-we started the ninja v pirate day that is now a staple of spirit week(homecomming week)
-we will, on occasion make random announcements at all school assembly. they are usually along the lines of "the BBQ club is having roller-skating night on Friday, so dont froget money." there sorta not funny, but have become a constant source of amusement for the club. the first assembley after christmas break we had every member do an announcement like this. Assemely is normally around 20 minutes, and every other announcement was us, so it was pretty epic. Some of the slower people didnt catch on till the end. My favroite one was when I announced that the adventure club was building a balsa-wood raft to sail the Atlantic this summer. I had a few teachers ask me about it, they believed it :roll:
-Other small pranks include putting up flyers for Varsity bear wresteling. One time we made posters advertising karate lessons from our band teacher, a total ***hole, and put his cell # on it. A few dumb 6th graders believed it, and called him.
- Every year our school has a mock assembly, and this year the club has prepared 2 announcements. First we will announce that varsity bear werstling won our match with only one casulity. Its tradition to present all sporting trohpies to the principal, so we bought a vase and are going to present the ashes to the principal. Next (my idea) we will have the Young-Samuri club announce how we "killed" our opponents in our match last weekend. and we would like to present the severed head to the principal. We plan to get some kind of bag, die the bottom read to look like blood, and stick a basketball in it so it looks like a head.
we do lots of little silly little pranks that are mostly aimed to lighten up the day, nothing too big.

Baron

Postby Baron » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:27 pm UTC

A story about an ex-teacher, of all things..

There was this teacher at my high-school who taught junior science and loved nothing better than to take his class out playing pranks on the senior students, whether it was putting dry ice bombs in metal rubbish bins in the common rooms, or using an old windup telephone dynamo to electrocute students, or whatever. This particular story however, involves an old WW2-era radio capacitor, probably somewhere in the region of 2 Farads (yes, huge I know, the thing also weighed a ton). The popular demonstration by the head of physics was to use it to burn through about 2 inches of cardboard by connecting a 12" screwdriver across the terminals.
Anyway, said junior teacher decided to one day demonstrate it to his class, all going well up to the point where he closed off the circuit. Unfortunately for him, the tip of his fingernail was touching the metal part of the screwdriver, and the resultant discharge meant he ended up sending the screwdriver across the room and up to it's hilt into the wall, having narrowly bisected 2 students.. "Mr Huggin's hole" is apparently still there according to my sister, ~9 years later. Pity I never had him as a teacher. :( Not quite a prank but I consider it appropriate anyway..

Oh and we stuck a giant painted, papermache penis over the top of the school siren antenna, about 2.5 metres long, for our leavers year. The next year's leavers managed to top us by disassembling and reassembling an Austin Mini (Car) to the interior off the staff room, I believe..
Heeere fishy fishy... <><

Dimetrodon

Postby Dimetrodon » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:11 pm UTC

One of my friends took and copied (and, presumably, returned) the detailed technical plans for the school, which include plumbing, air vents, and electrical details. I wonder what you could do with that.
So it's not technically school related, but I've always liked the idea of replacing stop signs with large, stop-sign like images reading "POTS". Seems pretty harmless.
Spoiler:

Fear my mammalian skull, my efficient heat-regulating sail, and my two rows of teeth.

Internetmeme

Postby Internetmeme » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:15 pm UTC

A couple years back at my high school we had a good one.
We have "the pit" which is near the entrance, it looks like this:

Code: Select all

I                               /
I                             /
I                           /
I          \\\\\\\\\\\\\/
I           \\\\\\\\\\\/
I_________\\\\\\/
I=walls
_=walls/indentation
/=indentation
\\\=stairs
Damnit, why won't it come out right? It's basically a trapezoid, but you get the general shape.

During a conversation about Senior pranks, a senior who I am friends with said that they actually filled this with water, put fish in, and put plexiglass over it so it could be walked upon. Epich.

I hear talk this year of them renting a crane to put the principal's car on the roof. Lame, and it would probably cave in.
Spoiler:

explodingviolin

Postby explodingviolin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:28 am UTC

I've worked out the logistics of using 500 half-cubic-foot postal boxes and copious amounts of duct tape to brick up a corridor with a wall 4 feet thick, within the space of 1 hour (although in all likelihood it will be complete in 30 minutes).

Can anyone think of any potential ways it could fail?
One thing friends floated was the fact that people might just push it over, but over 16 square feet of loops of duct tape attached to the floor is pretty sturdy...right?
Hydrostatic equilibrium makes the world go round.

kreebby

Postby kreebby » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:02 am UTC

Last years senior class picked up a dead dear off the side of the road, spray painted "Class of '08" on it and put it in one of the stairwells. Needless to say, the police had to get involved.

ETHANR26

Postby ETHANR26 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:31 am UTC

A great one is making a bunch of "underground spirit week" pamphlets and handing them out to everyone one during the real spirit week. Some ppl at my school did this, and one of the days was "pirate day" and every came dressed like pirates. Good times

Ralith The Third
Don't Ask About His Nephews

Postby Ralith The Third » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:18 am UTC

explodingviolin wrote:I've worked out the logistics of using 500 half-cubic-foot postal boxes and copious amounts of duct tape to brick up a corridor with a wall 4 feet thick, within the space of 1 hour (although in all likelihood it will be complete in 30 minutes).

One thing friends floated was the fact that people might just push it over, but over 16 square feet of loops of duct tape attached to the floor is pretty sturdy...right?

Eh, fill it with like recycling paper or something- give it weight, therefore inertia, therefore tougher to knockdown.
Omni.

mrjams96

Postby mrjams96 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:54 am UTC

explodingviolin wrote:I've worked out the logistics of using 500 half-cubic-foot postal boxes and copious amounts of duct tape to brick up a corridor with a wall 4 feet thick, within the space of 1 hour (although in all likelihood it will be complete in 30 minutes).

any chance i could get those plans?

explodingviolin

Postby explodingviolin » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:15 pm UTC

mrjams96 wrote:

any chance i could get those plans?

They aren't really plans...it was more of a discussion between me and a friend for an hour that started out as a joke, but eventually we worked down to finer and finer details....
(Assuming perfect conditions - you don't run out of supplies, nothing breaks, nobody walks by and stops you)
You'll need 6 people minimum, 8 people to do it acceptably (around 1 hour mark), and 12-14 people to do it very rapidly (less than 45 minutes, probably closer to 30 minutes). Anything more and the hallway which we used as a standard would get too clogged with people and boxes.
You'll need somewhere between 600 and 800 boxes, each box half a cubic foot (that's the largest size that the US Postal Service can send to you for free, and they can deposit them at your door without shipping or any other cost in orders of 500 at a time - their rationale is that you pay for the boxes when you mail them), 6 rolls of duct tape (probably less than that will be used, but 6 just to be safe).
Divide the group into 3 or 4 teams of 2-3 people each. 1 team folds the boxes out (they're sent to you flattened) and tapes up the bottom and top. 1 team arranges the boxes into larger subunits 3x3x3 feet in dimension - anything larger will be slightly difficult to carry. 1 team moves the boxes to the place where you want to mount them to the floor. 1 team tapes the blocks of boxes to the floor and to each other.
Assuming that each person can fold/tape one box every 10 seconds and there are 2 ppl on a team, that's 12 boxes per minute. 12 boxes makes 6 cubic feet, and each block of 3x3 can be taped together in 5 minutesish (allowing for cutting and unraveling of tape).
The hallway used for standardizing needed to have a solid mass of boxes about 8 x 8 x 6, so that's 14.2 blocks of 3x3x3 subunits. 14x5 = 70 min.

Efficiency Improvements:
1 cubic foot boxes - time will be halved, because you'll only need to assemble half as many boxes.
More people - 4 people working on folding out the boxes gives you 24 boxes a minute, not shabby at all.
Prefabrication - one idea that was also floated was making the subunits ahead of time and concealing them somewhere, then moving in and spending 10 minutes just taping them to the floor. Hiding them between the ceiling boards was a possibility, but the subunits would have to be smaller. The loops of duct tape used to attach the boxes to the floor could also be pre-looped and slung on a pipe. Then less time would be spent cutting and looping the duct tape.

The good thing about this is that you can't really get into too much trouble, depending on where the mass of boxes are to be placed. If you place them in a place where there are multiple fire exits, it won't be considered a fire hazard. Plus, it's sturdy enough to withstand people kicking at it for fun, yet easy enough to take down once the prank gets old.

Sissyphus

Postby Sissyphus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:11 am UTC

personally my idea for a prank invovles rigging rockets to fire on a timer so that i can launch a 21 rocket salute over my school, but then i need to rig it to scream like terrorists at the same and time perhaps cover a part of the quad with expanding foam

rubber314chicken

Postby rubber314chicken » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:11 am UTC

Internetmeme wrote:During a conversation about Senior pranks, a senior who I am friends with said that they actually filled this with water, put fish in, and put plexiglass over it so it could be walked upon. Epich.

I hear talk this year of them renting a crane to put the principal's car on the roof. Lame, and it would probably cave in.

The fish is pretty cool. And may I suggest renting a crane truck from united rentals? The roof could take it. It holds air conditioners. What kind of car is it?

Mysidic wrote:When my old high school started construction, we came up with an idea to take the portable wing of the school that was added on. We never did accomplish it as none of us had driver's licenses(or a CDL, I think you'd need a truck) Also, you'd actually have to take the wing apart, as it would cover 3 lanes of a highway otherwise.

It was still fun to talk about, though.

We have 1/2 our school in trailers. that is a great idea. all I need is a semi and I could totally pull it off.
Official Thread-Jacker

SecondTalon wrote:Semen! I said semen! tee hee!

eaglef2

Postby eaglef2 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:48 pm UTC

At my school last year a group of seniors flipped a truck right in the middle of campus and set up soccer goals on several buildings, it's an outdoor school. The administration was ticked because the truck was too damaged to simply flip it back over and tow it campus so they had to pay to get it lifted from the campus. The students thought it was hilarious. People think that the auto shop and repair seniors did it since they would have access to a broken down truck.

Kurushimi

Over 9000 Paper Cups

Postby Kurushimi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:11 pm UTC

So, the seniors pulled off their senior prank today. They thought it'd be lolsome if they placed a couple thousand plastic cups all across the school, including the hallways, locker areas, and staircases. This wouldn't have been that annoying if they hadn't taken the time to fill each of these with a nice quantity of water. It was almost impossible to walk anywhere. (that is, until they had to clean it up).

Anyways, it was a pretty interesting spectacle to say the least. And I made this thread to here any interesting pranks any of you have heard of, witnessed, or even participated in.

(P.S. Come my Senior Year, I aim to do this to all the school computers. http://www.gearfuse.com/roses-are-ff0000/)

Bright Shadows

Re: Over 9000 Paper Cups

Postby Bright Shadows » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:16 pm UTC

There's already a topic for this in the school section, so you know.

rnew
RAAAAAAGGGHHH I'M A DINOSAUR

Re: Over 9000 Paper Cups

Postby rnew » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:25 pm UTC

Pics or it didn't happen
Meowgan wrote:Rnew, you're so hot. Boom!
Zohar wrote:Seriously rnew, I cannot get over how awesome your avatar is. It brings up a smile every time I see it.

nahvkolaj

Postby nahvkolaj » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:46 pm UTC

not really a prank, but my dad rode his motorcycle down the math wing of our high school in the 70's when he went there. i went to the same high school and i regret not following in his footsteps...

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:52 pm UTC

I know this is months old, but...
Baron wrote: up to it's hilt into the wall, having narrowly bisected 2 students

:shock:
Please tell me that you meant something other than bisected. Please.
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

jdsb

Postby jdsb » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:12 am UTC

One of the best I heard of was people putting fish up in the rafters where they were hard to get to. Leaving dead fish in a hot building over the summer yields some horrible results. I personally like the idea of constructing a brick wall, but surely that can't be legal? I mean, it wouldn't be too hard to demolish a brick/cinder block wall, but I imagine the police would end up getting involved. A copious amount of bouncy balls released down a staircase seems like a good one though!

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:43 pm UTC

Actually, the bouncy balls seem REALLY dangerous.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

zombiefeynman

Postby zombiefeynman » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:01 pm UTC

I had a good one, not for anything special, just for laughs. I made a folder on the schools network, and filled it with pictures of lolcats. Then I exported the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\...\Desktop key, redirecte the Wallpaper value to a certain spot on the hard drive, and wrote a script that would randomly copy one of the lolcats to that file. Then I wrote a batch file that checked who the user was, and if the name was that of my victim, merged LOLCATS.REG into his registry, registered the cat-generating script as a startup service, and deleted itself. So every time he logged on his desktop was a lolcat. If he changed his wallpaper, it would stay that way for the current session and the next one, but would then revert to something else.

theangrytomato

Postby theangrytomato » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:32 am UTC

My friend got the intercom code from some kid in student govt. (to get on the intercom, you use the phone) and halfway through our retarded reading period he announced 'titties'. Everybody thought it was the principal. Needless to say he was pissed and my friend was suspended for like three days but his parents were laughing too much to do anything. He also told many other kids the number, so randomly during lunch you would hear crap like 'Attention all students: testicles'. The best part was hearing every single kid in student gov getting called down to the discipline office.

Some ideas I have...

One day during senior year, take over every single method of electronic communication used in our school and mess with them. Penis on the school website and LED screen, change the announcement roll, rick roll over the intercom and on the news thing every friday. Or just a complete 'all your base' take-over, though that's kinda old now.

I thought about putting a walkie-talkie in my math teachers room with the button taped down and hold a conversation with him through the printer.

I'll post more ideas when I get them.

Edit: I'm also thinking about getting the intercom code again (they changed it) and building a device that i can put in the wall behind a school phone that would just randomly call the intercom and hang up, driving the teachers insane.

explodingviolin

Postby explodingviolin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:56 am UTC

For April Fool's a bunch of people randomly went up to our principal and gave him an apple. He had quite a few on his desk by the end of the day, and had no way to dispose of them. In other news, people switched the Men/Women signs on a pair of bathrooms, but the janitors changed it back too quickly for anyone to notice.

Cynical Idealist wrote:I know this is months old, but...
Baron wrote: up to it's hilt into the wall, having narrowly bisected 2 students

:shock:
Please tell me that you meant something other than bisected. Please.

"The Tsurugi of Muramasa bisects the student!" (Bonus points if you get the reference. =D)

theangrytomato wrote:I thought about putting a walkie-talkie in my math teachers room with the button taped down and hold a conversation with him through the printer.

I like this. Would two-way be an issue, though? Because with most walkie-talkies, you usually press one button to transmit, then release it to receive. Of course, you could always hack into the internal workings of the walkie-talkie and modify it so that it can receive and transmit at the same time, but then you might have echo issues.

Anybody got ideas on how to solve that problem?

zombiefeynman

Postby zombiefeynman » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:24 pm UTC

explodingviolin wrote:"The Tsurugi of Muramasa bisects the student!" (Bonus points if you get the reference. =D)

That's the Samurai quest item in Nethack, having triggered a One-Hit-Kill.

Verin

Postby Verin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:05 pm UTC

theangrytomato wrote:I thought about putting a walkie-talkie in my math teachers room with the button taped down and hold a conversation with him through the printer.

I like this. Would two-way be an issue, though? Because with most walkie-talkies, you usually press one button to transmit, then release it to receive. Of course, you could always hack into the internal workings of the walkie-talkie and modify it so that it can receive and transmit at the same time, but then you might have echo issues.

Anybody got ideas on how to solve that problem?[/quote]
Hack the receiving walkie talkie to have a headphone jack?
You would hear yourself but you can just ignore that

Return to “School”