High School Pranks

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Silas

Re: High School Pranks

Postby Silas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:44 pm UTC

Releasing animals is fun, but there are a few that are problematic:
Chickens: they're a serious disease vector. They shit everywhere, and every room they've been in needs an expensive cleaning. It's funny at first, but when your town has to float a bond issue to pay for it, you'll look and feel like an asshole.
Mice: Mostly harmless, but that's the problem. Some people at my school did this, and all the mice just huddled in a corner, waiting to die. It was depressing.
Goats: For the love of all that is good and holy, don't use goats. They are the meanest farm animal you can find. There will be casualties.
Cows: Cows are great, but they're expensive. If a thousand-dollar animal breaks its leg on the way down a flight of stairs, there'll be hell to pay.
Felstaff wrote:Serves you goddamned right. I hope you're happy, Cake Ruiner

taptap
I laughed so hard i fell out of my concubine

Postby taptap » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:30 am UTC

An ode to my Lebanon, IN farming culture:

A farm boy at my school brought a freshly butchered pig's head and set it on the trash can beside the front doors. A group of my friends weren't bothered by this, so before classes started we just watched out the windows at people's reactions. there had to be at least four girls that epicly vomited right after seeing it, two girls came in crying, and one teacher wouldn't come in or get anywhere near the sidewalk. It was incredible.

My family collects Case antique tractors, on a monumental level: visit http://gygercollection.8m.com so me, my cousin Justin, our farmer friends Josh and "Scotty", plus a couple of their farming friends would drive our tractors to school on the last day. It was harmless, took up lots of precious parking space (especially the 1570 with dual rear wheels on it), and really got people talking. Well, it was harmless. Larger farms own their own "BIG A" terrain-friendly sprayer tractors (you may have seen them, they have HUGE tires, and have a single front wheel in the center, and a very large chemical tank that sprays chemicals or liquid fertilizers out of "wings" that fold out of it's sides (they can span up to 50 feet wide)...

Well, scotty drove his sprayer tractor to school, and it had a 36 foot wingspan. Before driving to school, he filled the tank up with water, and it sat in the parking lot until school let out. This was the last day of school, so the parking lot was a madhouse, and as he was leaving Scotty flipped on the sprayers, soaking EVERYTHING in the radius of the machine. Trouble was, there was still some chemicals in the tank before he filled up with water, and a few weeks after school let out the water that was on all the cars started to bleach out the paint job. All these kids and teachers started getting white/gray spots in their finishes, and it was Scotty's fault. Their family had to shell out a small fortune to have the affected cars repainted.

Best prank ever. people were SOO pissed
Last edited by taptap on Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:18 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Davean wrote:Only the bots can see the entire forum the mods have dedicated to bashing taptap for asking questions with obvious answers. It should look good when his next interviewer Googles him before the interview.

mountaingoat

Postby mountaingoat » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:03 am UTC

This kid a few years ago was planning to chop down the ~100 or so year old tree in front of our school.

Obviously he would never do it, but that would be ridiculously epic if he did.

++$_
Mo' Money

Postby ++$_ » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:31 am UTC

sean22190 wrote:This kid a few years ago was planning to chop down the ~100 or so year old tree in front of our school.

Obviously he would never do it, but that would be ridiculously epic if he did.
I just had the uncomfortable realization that if this had happened at my school, I probably would have attacked that person. And I still can't shake the feeling that I would have been at least somewhat justified in doing so.

My school never had epic pranks, which is probably for the best. One thing that was pretty good, though, was when a couple people got into the ducts in the ventilation system and climbed into my math classroom through the vent. The teacher couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes.

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:07 pm UTC

++$_ wrote:One thing that was pretty good, though, was when a couple people got into the ducts in the ventilation system and climbed into my math classroom through the vent. The teacher couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes.

We 've thought of mostly the same thing, but not in the ducts. The ceilings in our school are those rubbishy foam ones that can be popped up without any work, so a select group of friends and myself are thinking of going into the roof space through the common room ceiling and dropping out in the Maths classroom next door. It'd be so much fun.

Another idea we had was to have everyone go out of the common room through the windows, which would be impossible normally, but we intend to take the bar which restricts the window opening fully, completely off. Then, we're going to annoy the receptionists by, since the only door outside of free time which is open is the front door, buzzing in and forcing them to allow us in, using their time. This would be an on-going cycle for a few hours, untill they caught on.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

Janey

Postby Janey » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:12 pm UTC

A friend of mine got together a couple of guys, broke into the principals office and played smack my bitch up over the PA. They got in a window one day while he was at some thing to learn how to do his job better. They climbed out the window and shut it behind them. Teachers were too big to get in the window to turn the CD player off.

Another friend painted a cow purple and put it between floors. They also numbered three cows one two and four and set them loose in the school.

My school principal was called Ms Salmon so they got into her car and hid a trout behind the panel of her door. They couldnt find any salmon. They cancelled the prom that year. . .

SneakyMongo

Postby SneakyMongo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:40 am UTC

I passed in an encoded essay

I put down insane answers, got my teacher to check my answers off as correct (he dosen't really read them), and then read them aloud when he asked me to answer the questions from the textbook.
I.e.-
Q: What is Hamlet refused permission to return to Paris?
A: His Parisian talent show act involved flexibility and auto-cannabilistic fetishism. He's banned from the whole of the Iberian pennisula and most of Western Europe.
Oh no, we're caught in the cross-fire
Wait, the werewolves have machine guns?
-Spoony Experiment

Ramses IV

Postby Ramses IV » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm UTC

One time, when I was in seventh grade, a bunch of seniors tried to egg all of the lower classmen. I was prepared though, having gotten wind of the plan a while ago. I had packed eggs in my backpack. :D They lost, we won.
Last edited by Ramses IV on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
My Blag

benjhuey wrote:Ramses IV is dead to me, though I don't know how I didn't notice he had already been dead for 3000 years. Ancient Egyptian magic or somethin'.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:21 am UTC

I always wanted to plant ryegrass in a message on the school oval.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

UnderRock

Postby UnderRock » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

I wasn't involved in this, but a group of people tried to get together and wore the same color. When we were taking a group photo of the seniors in the auditorium, they sat in a way that made a penis shape. Although the photographer figured it out before taking the picture...still interesting thought.

Ati
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's dry, and slightly radioactive.

Postby Ati » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:21 am UTC

You can't go wrong with garlic quid with mango and banana.

That said, I'd love to see your entire class paint themselves silver and do a living statue thing in the lunch room during break. That would be awesome.
I can kill you with my brain.

Gobo

Postby Gobo » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:51 am UTC

This wasn't meant as a prank, but it turned out that way anyway.

My friend found himself in possession of a bunch of marijuana seeds. Thinking "What the hell am I going to do with these?" since he didn't smoke pot. Afraid he'd get caught with them, he threw them over a bank into the grassy ditch by the school.

By the time the plants had grown up high enough for anyone to see them, there were two or three 6' pot plants growing on school grounds.

ThePolishteer

Postby ThePolishteer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:46 pm UTC

A friend of mine used a teacher's room and an amplifier to tap the school intercom and was actually broadcasting from a hidden location in the school. The funniest part of the prank was seeing the assistant principals running around trying to find out where the students were.

stormgren

Postby stormgren » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:46 pm UTC

We had a whole week of pranks this past week. The whole senior class coordinated.
Monday: Cross-dressing day.
Tuesday: Pirates vs. Ninjas. Also, fake party in the main senior hangout, with iced-tea pong and loud music and shiny lights.
Wednesday: We broke in (actually got the maintenance staff to let us in) and:
-built a cinderblock wall across one of the main hallways and had one of the 'artsy' seniors tag it with spray paint.
-put all the couches from the senior hangout and teachers' lounge in the hallway, and redirected traffic through a bottleneck.
-We also put a trampoline in the main auditorium where we go for school meeting/announcements.
-and we filled the secretary's office (a glass box where the two main hallways meet in a "T") with balloons. She loved it.

Wednesday night, scavenger hunt. Juniors write the list, seniors do it.
Thursday: Traditional senior skip day.
Friday was called due to rain, so next week we will have a waterpark bonananza and party on the roof.

Here is the most awesome part, and my idea, the cinderblock wall: (spoilered for size)
Spoiler:

PS: The tagging looked much cooler in person, the colors got washed out by my crappy camera.
PPS: Yes, someone noticed that 08 looks like a penis if you stretch out the 0.

Kuko

Postby Kuko » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:18 am UTC

Shizo wrote:light it on fire?

Lol.
Here's one:
Leave a condom in every room possible.
:]

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:14 am UTC

Rickrolled my school, more info here
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

mrorange
Something from Reservoir Dogs, perhaps?

Postby mrorange » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:44 am UTC

Babamthegrunt wrote:Rickrolled my school, more info here

do you realize how incredibly rigged that link looks?
Truth be told/If I can be so bold/Your sig did inspire/What here did transpire/So that you would me admire/cause me to aspire/to greater heights/of lyrical plights.
-ThorFluff
BomanTheBear wrote: but then i started playing rugby and breakdancing.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:58 am UTC

mrorange wrote:
Babamthegrunt wrote:Rickrolled my school, more info here

do you realize how incredibly rigged that link looks?

Oh whoops it goes to my blog, but you can follow this one if you wish
http://www.freewebs.com/itsonthefloor
Spoiler:

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:01 pm UTC

Dude, you just failed, big time.

And yet, Epic, Epic, win.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:22 pm UTC

Master Gunner wrote:Dude, you just failed, big time.

How? I am confused, please explain. :?
Spoiler:

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:23 pm UTC

Too bad my school has no comm.

Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:05 am UTC

Babamthegrunt wrote:

The fail is not rickrolling your link, which should have been obvious. The win is rickrolling your school.

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:32 am UTC

Master Gunner wrote:
Babamthegrunt wrote:

The fail is not rickrolling your link, which should have been obvious. The win is rickrolling your school.

Actually, if he'd rickrolled his link he would have been in Trouble with the Mods. Since rickrolling is not allowed on the fora. So he wins!
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Thu May 01, 2008 12:11 am UTC

lanicita wrote:Actually, if he'd rickrolled his link he would have been in Trouble with the Mods. Since rickrolling is not allowed on the fora. So he wins!

Rickrolling is allowed, as long as you don't link to a script that jacks up with the browser. See the rules here.

Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » Thu May 01, 2008 12:13 am UTC

Ah, I thought it was just uber-annoying/browser breaking rickrolling that wasn't allowed. The more you know...

Edit: Ninja'd, but I still think I'll err on the side of caution...lanicita being a mod and all, and thus presumably knows more about the rules than you or I.

Ati

Postby Ati » Thu May 01, 2008 2:34 am UTC

Silas wrote:\
Mice: Mostly harmless,

That's what you think. (Sorry, couldn't resist. Back on topic for you lot)

The_Truth
Location: At your local Panera's eating a bacon turkey bravo.

Postby The_Truth » Thu May 01, 2008 5:58 am UTC

The seniors here last year put up a huge banner over the entrance to the parking lot. It was originally going to say "Arbeit Macht Frei" but apparently somebody came to their senses and realized they could get into alot of trouble with that :wink: so they switched it to say "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here"

I personally don't think it had as much of an effect because everyone knows what arbeit macht frei means, just historical knowledge. Not many people know the story behind abandon hope, all ye who enter here :P
I can has a cookie?

apricity

Postby apricity » Thu May 01, 2008 11:34 am UTC

Master Gunner wrote:Ah, I thought it was just uber-annoying/browser breaking rickrolling that wasn't allowed. The more you know...

Edit: Ninja'd, but I still think I'll err on the side of caution...lanicita being a mod and all, and thus presumably knows more about the rules than you or I.

Apparently I don't. :oops: You're right, only browser-screwing rickrolling is banworthy. It's been a while since I read that rule thread.

(she/her/hers)

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Thu May 01, 2008 2:56 pm UTC

Mr. Beck wrote:Rickrolling is allowed, as long as you don't link to a script that jacks up with the browser. See the rules here.

Epic, epic win. I aplaude you, sir.

Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Sat May 03, 2008 1:27 am UTC

A couple of friends of mine have found a way to the roof of my school. I was thinking of putting a banner of some sort up there, but what should it say?

Any other ideads besides the banner? (Note: I refuse to throw things off the roof, because I could jeopardise my graduating.)
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

Ati

Postby Ati » Sat May 03, 2008 4:22 am UTC

Megatriorchis wrote:A couple of friends of mine have found a way to the roof of my school. I was thinking of putting a banner of some sort up there, but what should it say?

*Ahem*

Banner wrote:Repetitio Mater Columbine

apricity

Postby apricity » Sat May 03, 2008 11:14 am UTC

Ati wrote:
Megatriorchis wrote:A couple of friends of mine have found a way to the roof of my school. I was thinking of putting a banner of some sort up there, but what should it say?
*Ahem*
Banner wrote:Repetitio Mater Columbine

If your school is anything like normal American schools these days, you'd get kicked out and thrown into a therapist's office for the implied threat.

(she/her/hers)

wst

Postby wst » Sat May 03, 2008 6:13 pm UTC

lanicita wrote:If your school is anything like normal American schools these days, you'd get kicked out and thrown into a therapist's office for the implied threat.

If your school management is stereotypically American (ie. stupid), they won't understand Latin...
They'll only realise what it means when you run around with airsoft guns.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

apricity

Postby apricity » Sat May 03, 2008 6:20 pm UTC

wst wrote:
lanicita wrote:If your school is anything like normal American schools these days, you'd get kicked out and thrown into a therapist's office for the implied threat.

If your school management is stereotypically American (ie. stupid), they won't understand Latin...
They'll only realise what it means when you run around with airsoft guns.

If your school management is stereotypically American (ie. stupid), they won't bother to try and understand the Latin, but will expel you just for mentioning Columbine.

(she/her/hers)

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Sat May 03, 2008 8:50 pm UTC

Being a good and apparently responsible computing student, my school gave me and several of my friends supervisor accounts on our school network. While this did entail the responsibility of watching over a computer room at lunchtime once per week, it also gave us a few cool toys. For example, we gained access to the program the admins used to watch the computers remotely - it displayed a pseudo real-time thumbnail of their screen, and showed what applications they were running. As well as that, it allowed us to close or spawn applications on other machines, send messages, lock computers, log people out, etc. It was locked to only be used at luchtimes, but being computing students we knew how to change the time on our system clock, even though it was supposedly locked, so we could access it at any time.

The pranks ranged from remotely controlling students PCs, sending messages to students in other rooms asking them to report to various teachers, and spawning multiple sheep on all the PCs in the room/in another room. Late in the year, we found out we could spawn processes before someone logged on, and they'd start when someone logged on. We left a gift of 20 sheep on every computer in a room at the end of the lunch hour, and then watched the hilarity of a teacher trying to get 30 kids with sheep on their screens to calm down. We of course were in the room legitimately doing work on spare PCs ;)

Good times.
Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Mon May 05, 2008 2:01 am UTC

That is awsome.
Spoiler:

s/notwittysig/wittysig

sje46

Postby sje46 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:19 am UTC

Hey, school is finally out. We need stories, people, of class of '08 senior pranks!

Okay, I didn't graduate high school this year, but my school has had some odd pranks.

I really can't remember what my class did. I think we did a few things, but I can't remember. The calss before me did something interesting. There was a student, I think he was in the top five of the class; I'm not sure. Very smart guy. He wsa learning to be a pilot, and one day I came to school and there was a big bull's-eye in the middle of campus (My school is pretty large, and we have a large campus. for a high school at least.) And then about halfway through the day, I came out of class, and everbody was looking UP. Apparently that student was flying an airplane above the campus, and was dropping those parachute soldier toys. So the WHOLE SCHOOL (all 3000 of us) just stood around the huge target and looked up at the plane. The administration was a bit upset, and everybody was a good 15 minutes late to class. It was really something. He was apparently arrested when he landed the plane at the airport, although I heard that he had permission to do this stunt.

If anyone here is from PA, can you back me up?
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

Tenth Speed Writer

Postby Tenth Speed Writer » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:47 am UTC

The senior class of '06 pulled one of my favorites before they left.

The last day of classes, their (collective) history class had a sub.
It was this one woman, that nobody really loves, but she's kinda nice, so nobody really dislikes her.

What they did..

Was gather cell phones from every student they could, then gave the numbers to a couple of people who would conveniently have headaches that day.

They put half the phones in the classroom, a few dozen total. Many were hidden in the ceiling panels, some behind the desks and projector screen, the most random places you could find.

Those people who were out, then proceeded to call them all, in sequence, constantly, for the entire class period.

I wish, so badly, I could have been there..
Civil Engineering Major, University of Alabama.
"Yessir, I reckon 'em 'ere cent'rl s'port beams'll hol' up a'right..."

Mallet über alles!

nyeguy

Postby nyeguy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:46 pm UTC

At my school, the class of '05 left a car inside the hallway. Really, a real car. Our school is laid out in one big hallway, with three pod things coming off of them. At the end of the hallway is a double door that they opened up and drove the car in through (a VW bug), then left it in the middle of the hallway, center of the school.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:10 am UTC

mrorange wrote:
pi-3 orionis wrote:Not really a school prank, but a little while ago in my friends' web design class a friend attached a clapper to someone's computer so that victim's computer would turn off and on with a clap. I suppose this has the potential to be brought to a larger scale.

just hook it up to a power strip... or something even further back along the system

this is probably completely impossible but it would be insanely funny (not to mention annoying) to see if you could somehow get control over the power supply to the entire school. this would probably require becoming very good friends with the janitors
(man, now I wish I was back in high school)

back on topic, the only one that was done at my school that hasn't been described here yet goes as follows:

some seniors one year brought a box full of ladybugs into the library and somehow opened the lid remotely, The library at that school had a set of massive windows in it and the ladybugs headed straight for these and completely covered them.

not nearly as impressive as some of the ones I've seen here but not bad nonetheless.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

Return to “School”