Awesome Teacher Quotes

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Durin

Re: Awesome Teacher Quotes

Postby Durin » Fri May 16, 2008 12:24 am UTC

My AP World History teacher today before we took the test.

"This is a war! YOU can do it! Well not really...But if some other people were in those desks right now they could do it! Ok then, don't suck!"
First time I personally experienced a room of 150~ people applauding for being insulted.

Poochy

Postby Poochy » Fri May 16, 2008 9:21 am UTC

I suddenly remembered yet another quote from my AP Stats teacher:

"Statistics can be applied to all sorts of real-life questions you may have, such as 'Do people who do this tend to do that?' or 'Do men have a greater tendency towards this than women?' or 'What is the true mean number of cans of Coke you can drink in a row before you vomit?' "
clintonius wrote:"You like that, RIAA? Yeah, the law burns, doesn't it?"
GENERATION 63,728,127: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and divide the generation number by 2 if it's even, or multiply it by 3 then add 1 if it's odd. Social experiment.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Fri May 16, 2008 9:33 am UTC

I loved the day one of my university profs climbed up on the desk and said "If you remember nothing else; remember the day your crazy proffessor climbed up on the desk. And then ask yourself why he did that, and then remember that it was to make sure you remember that if you NOT a Boolean equation, the ORs must become ANDs!".

He was a very good teacher, actually.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

darthchazza

Postby darthchazza » Mon May 19, 2008 9:42 am UTC

When our year 11 homeroom teachers where explaining how to vote for next years school captain our overwieght french teacher was explaining why you should vote for people
"saying that someone is nice is not a good enough reason. People are not nice, food is nice!"
Flo3:16 wrote:You sir are a Winner. Just because you have the testicular fortitude to dress up as freakin Zoidberg. :mrgreen:

PoohBear

Postby PoohBear » Tue May 20, 2008 2:15 am UTC

"its always fun to shoot children in school" - my teacher was talking about cameras but it didn't come out as such.

Turtle_

Postby Turtle_ » Tue May 20, 2008 10:26 pm UTC

One of my math teachers said "First we set us up the table." I'm pretty sure that was just bad grammer and not a joke, but it was still slightly funny. Coincedentially, that was when we were making a table to graph the equation y=3......

The teacher in this story actually taught at another school, but was being a chaperone for my school's eigth grade trip to boston. We were in groups with people who we were working on a project with, and wandering around near MIT. The trip was for people in this Math/Science/Computer Science program at the school, so everyone was slightly nerdy. When our all-male group saw a group of our friends (also all-male (the school had all people in a group be the same gender since we were staying in a hotel room with our group members)) we started walking over to them. Their chaperone said "Oh no you don't! You guys are never going to get dates if you keep this up!" He said plenty of other funny things but sadly I've forgotten most of them....

EDIT: I had an awesome Computer Science teacher who had many Awesome Teacher Quotes, but right now I can only remember one. A student asked him a stupid question, and he replied "Hear that? It's the sound of a falling grade."
"Sometimes lies were more dependable than the truth." ~ Ender's Game
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." ~ Charles Darwin

Kaiyas

Postby Kaiyas » Tue May 20, 2008 10:45 pm UTC

zomg found an archive of quotes from our band director. This guy is hilarious:

You need to find 75 ways to correct the band director without sounding like an ass.

[Color]guard! Get on your knees!
On band pictures.
That crescendo was about as exciting as a swimsuit competition at Sunrise Assisted Living.

Bacchus is the god of wine and celebration, not the god of hangovers and diarrhea.

I'm going to castrate the baritones...'Castrate' does mean give them a C minus in band, right?

The song is called "So What" not "SLUUUUTT"
On a particular jazz piece.
clintonius wrote:This place is like mental masturbation

justaman

Postby justaman » Wed May 21, 2008 1:40 am UTC

One of my genetics lecturers gave a obviously quite considered thought on why women are allowed to change their minds all the time:

So in some cells one X chromosome is in activated and in other cells the other X chromosome is inactivated, thus making females chimeras, so they can't help changing their minds all the time.

I have subsequently used this to annoy several female friends when they can't make up their minds.

cypherspace wrote:
Felltir wrote:So we see Sodium and his girlfriend Chlorine in the park.

I can't help thinking that Chlorine is one of the worst names for a girl that could ever be and am determined to name a character in a story that.

Stolen from Terry Pratchett: Chlamydia sounds like a nice name :!:

Edit: to add quotes
Felstaff wrote:"deglove"? I think you may have just conjured the sickest image within my mind since I heard the term "testicle pop".

UnderRock

Postby UnderRock » Wed May 21, 2008 4:12 am UTC

"For every rule in chemistry there are five exceptions."

Sartorius

Postby Sartorius » Wed May 21, 2008 6:18 am UTC

I had a rather sarcastic prof for Natural Resource Policy, which was basically a history of how the U.S. did nothing in the way of natural resource management until about the 1960s. He would also go on random tangents about his life and how our parents are so glad we're out of the house. One of my favorite quotes:

Prof - "So then the baby boom happened. Anybody not understand how that happens?"
Kid - "So it was like a cannon?"
Prof - "Is that what you call yours?"

Banter like this occurred throughout the semester, which made the class tolerable, since I wasn't really interested in the material presented.
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

++$_
Mo' Money

Postby ++$_ » Wed May 21, 2008 7:50 am UTC

UnderRock wrote:"For every rule in chemistry there are five exceptions."
To this rule, the exceptions are:

1. "All nitrates are soluble."
2. "All compounds containing tellurium smell bad."
3. "All materials vaporize at a high enough temperature."
4. "For every rule in chemistry there are five exceptions."

Ender

Postby Ender » Wed May 21, 2008 1:36 pm UTC

I have a ton of quotes. A lot of my classes get sidetracked a lot. Right now a few I can think of are:

In history, teacher talking about JFK:
teacher: JFK was the most good looking, youngest, horniest president we have ever had then

English class, talking about mt. everest:
student: so this guy ski's down a mountain in like 2 minutes
teacher: that falling
student: what! the guy had skis on!
teacher: thats falling with skis on

Math, after a exam. throwing a ballon around the class waiting for the bell to ring
Teacher: Hey! this is a math class, not a rock concert
me: It could be a rock concert
teacher: it should be...
(the ballon popped shortly after)
There was a young man from Trinity,
Who solved the square root of infinity.
While counting the digits,
He was seized by the fidgets,
Dropped science, and took up divinity.

Speedo

Postby Speedo » Mon May 26, 2008 9:14 pm UTC

Pre-Calc teacher: "Dividing anything by near infinity gives you tiny, dividing anything by tiny equals HUGE!" (emphasis on huge)
and "Smoooooth as you can imagine" in reference to the curves in graphs of functions.

He's a pretty awesome guy as far as entertainment goes, not so much as far as teaching goes. :]

mypsychoticself

Postby mypsychoticself » Mon May 26, 2008 11:13 pm UTC

After about half an hour in the classroom, the guest speaker turns to me and says, "If there were ever a bloody rebellion here, you would be the first person shot."

The sad part is, all of my classmates immediately agreed with him :twisted:
___

And this is more of a story than a quote (although a quote is included):
One day, in Earth/Environmental, we had this really oblivious sub. Well, one of the boys in the class decided to throw a tennis ball at one of the girls in the class, who then attempted to throw it at his head. Unfortunately, she missed. The tennis ball landed in the fish tank, resulting in the untimely demise of the smallest fish. When the teacher got back, he said, "So, I hear someone killed my fish. *Turns toward guilt-ridden student* Have anything to say, Fish Killer?"

We called her Fish Killer for the next two years.
I knew that we had suffered each as other,
And could have grasped your hand and cried, "My brother!"

Poochy

Postby Poochy » Wed May 28, 2008 6:59 am UTC

Yet another memory from AP Stats (these things always come to mind when my mind wanders) and one of the coolest teachers I've ever had:

(after a student in the back row complained about not being able to see the teacher's writing on the board)
Teacher: If any of you ever have trouble reading what I write, just interrupt me and say "<name>, you idiot, write neater!" Or if you really don't like it, you can try to start a bloody revolution if you want. But then you'd have to find someone to replace me.
GENERATION 63,728,127: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and divide the generation number by 2 if it's even, or multiply it by 3 then add 1 if it's odd. Social experiment.

hideki101

Postby hideki101 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:53 pm UTC

in Ap bio, sometime after the AP test, we watched Ferris Buler's day Off to relax. When we got to the part where the teacher was lecturing the students, he paused the movie and said "If I ever begin to lecture like that, you have permission to shoot me."

Another time, he was carrying ping-pong balls in an egg carton and played a joke where he was stepping off his wheeled chair and "accidentally" threw the egg carton up in the air. Was funny.
Albert Einistein wrote:"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

jehan

Postby jehan » Thu May 29, 2008 4:23 am UTC

mine inst really a quote as much as a excuse my history teacher gave to the principal after he heard her using a racial slur multiple times in her lecture.

principal: why did you keep using those racial slurs
teacher:um *thinking franticly*
teacher: i don't have time to use the full word
principal: sure *walks away*
teacher:i don't see whats wrong with saying *lists multiple racial slurs*
principal:what did you just say *pulls her out in the hall for 15min and lectures her*

turns out he didn't walk away just went out of her view.What made this hilarious was our principal is 30 and the teacher is 60 something.

Gil!

Postby Gil! » Thu May 29, 2008 7:02 pm UTC

I don't remember the exact wording, so I'm paraphrasing.

My English teacher: "I'm into country music. Especially Carrie Underwood."

That was pretty funny in itself, but he went on:

"I saw her singing a concert on the TV once, and I wanted her to fall over so I could see up her skirt."

No fucking lie. I died.

beastie

Postby beastie » Thu May 29, 2008 7:31 pm UTC

I lol'd at the Bacchus quote a bit further up.

I wish I had funny teachers but the only funniest guy I know teaches Business Environment and International Business. He's short and walks a tad like a penguin. He has stuff that doesn't sound that funny to outsiders but...

"Your first year exam won't be multiple choice because I think life ain't about multiple choices, unless you're into orgies. I hope not."

Few seconds later ...

"And come to think of it, not even then it's not."

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Thu May 29, 2008 8:11 pm UTC

I just remembered one from my Psychology professor:

So you can see that, in mice, eating released {x amount} of dopamine. Now, according to this chart orgasm released {~2x} dopamine. So, instead of having sex with your boyfriend you can just buy him a couple o' cheeseburgers.

That_one_guy
Location: Denton, Texas, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe #24

Postby That_one_guy » Thu May 29, 2008 8:16 pm UTC

Not really a line, so much as a whole two years. Mr Cole, my 7th and 8th grade GT teacher, is one of the coolest and strangest people I've ever met. Instead of doing actual assignments, we made medieval catapults, learned how to pay bills, change tires, etc., and did Sudoku. This actual thing happened one day.
"...Oh, and by the Way, The word gullible is written on the ceiling." (As he'd done that before with no reason, only one of us looked up.)
(kid who looked up.)"Hey, he's right!"
We all looked up and saw that there was a sticky note with the word gullible on it attached to the ceiling.
Стюарт's My name, Перевод вещей, используя Google's my game.

GENERATION 41i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

ZZCat13

Postby ZZCat13 » Fri May 30, 2008 5:11 am UTC

Biology professor describing the little V-shaped clip mechanisms that allow vesicles to fuse with the cell membrane: "If you guys have ever seen Futurama, imagine them like Bender's hands"

If you've ever had a biology lab, you may know a good chunk of it is spent waiting around while stuff denatures/incubates/etc. We had one professor who insisted on lecturing every single free minute, mostly on plasmids, so we took to calling him the Plasmid Man, furnishing him with a "plasmid sense" that would go off every time we got a new shipment of the things.
"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan

Sartorius

Postby Sartorius » Fri May 30, 2008 5:42 am UTC

Plasmid Man would be even more awesome if you could work in a Bioshock joke.
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

Poochy

Postby Poochy » Fri May 30, 2008 6:14 am UTC

Kaiyas wrote:
Bacchus is the god of wine and celebration, not the god of hangovers and diarrhea.
That reminds me of another one:

"Dionysus was also known as Bacchus. Probably because he drank and partied so much that he constantly fell down on his bacchus."

Durin

Postby Durin » Fri May 30, 2008 11:40 am UTC

My English teacher is hilarious. One of his memorable ones from yesterday that he told my friend.
For some reason they were discussing Mormons on bicycles and the point system from hitting people with vehicles.

My teacher says, "Well the Mormons on bikes are worth 50. But I'm ahead of all you because sticking a student in a hefty bag and sending him down river is worth 1000 points. I have a LOT of points."

ducknerd

Postby ducknerd » Fri May 30, 2008 5:41 pm UTC

My history teacher this past year had a rather dangerous habit of going off on tangents in his lectures if everyone had stopped listening. One day, for some reason everyone was exhausted and it was obvious he was talking to maybe two people, myself included (for about 70% of the time...). He was initially talking about unconscious motives and how that affected the 1890s dealings with Indians, but he gradually transitioned over to the current primaries and how while people may superficially look at the candidate's positions they will (his voice gradually becomes louder and louder here) "secretly, to themselves, have defaulted to McCain regardless of policy, as he is currently the ONLY CONTENDER WITH A WHITE PENIS."

That woke a couple people up.
17/Male/Hetero/Euromutt

WalkerRiley

Postby WalkerRiley » Fri May 30, 2008 11:32 pm UTC

One from my highschool theatre teacher, anytime a student got on her nerves enough:

(very angry 'don't screw with me' tone) I can reach you...

I once walked by one of the chem labs at the college and heard a professor state something very amusing:

And remember, don't get any of this on your skin. It will hurt and I will laugh at you.

The director of architectural studies at my college told me this once on our trip to Boston this past semester:

In my opinion there's only two good things to do in Boston. Look at great architecture and then find a bar so you can get drunk enough to forget you're in Boston.

Not that Boston's a bad place, but all those one way streets do tend to be a bit annoying.

Another from my History of Art professor, when asked his opinion on a painting:

Well, he was a genius as an artist. That's for sure. Of course he could have just been drunk. Or high. Probably high. Yes I definatly think he was smoking some very very bad crack when he did this one.

My statistics instructor, whom used to work for NASA doing something involving rocketry, once stated about a problem he just showed us how to do:

That is the correct way to solve that. That reminds me of a time when we were analyzing <forget what it was he said> and we decided that before we do a test run we should run it through the computer model and see what happens. Imagine a chunk of Texas the size of Rhode Island missing. We were glad we ran the computer model.

I just remembered...Another professor whom was notoriously difficult in his methods said this before he even handed out the syllabus:

I...don't recognize any of you. Which means all of you are most likely taking this course for the first time. I hate to say it but, all of you have about a 95% chance of failing this course no matter how hard you try.

I passed with a D+ and the highest grade in the class.
Last edited by WalkerRiley on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:29 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Le1bn1z wrote:No more Florida babies. Except for the purposes of scientific research or food.

LatwPIAT

Postby LatwPIAT » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:15 am UTC

My teacher has a tendency to throw jokes around, especialy integrated into the learning:

On sustainable devlopment:
When you have a mummy whale and a daddy whale, they go off to make small little baby whales. But if you don't have enough mommy or daddy whales, what happens then?

On extra time:
It appears we've finished early. Hmm. Watched any good movies lately?

On the difference between conscription and draft:
One's longer and the other begins with a "D"

Another teacher I have:

On the vertically challenged:
It's confirmed. I'm shorter than [shortest person in class]

On the ciriculum:
There is nothing left for me to teach you this year! So, I though we could do Haikus!

On short stories:
Yesterday, I read througgh [classmates] story. I started crying. My husband lent over to me ans said: "What is it? Are they plagarizing agan?" I replied: "I wish!!!"

(Of note: The story in question was 16 pages long.)

On toilet brakes:
I've noticed you all waste a lot of time going to the toilets during the class. So, if you want to go to the toilet, you have to give me a paperclip!

But we don't have any paperclips!

Exactly!

On paperclips:
Wait, these are counterfeit paperclips!

Of notice, we once did a unit on volume. I noticed the plastic cubes we measured were hollow, so I (and only me) asked for permission to fill them with water. Problem was we didn't have any volume measurements, so I had to do it by weight instead. She let me, because I did the math.
I really wanted someone to fill them with water

Poochy

Postby Poochy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:07 am UTC

WalkerRiley wrote:
That is the correct way to solve that. That reminds me of a time when we were analyzing <forget what it was he said> and we decided that before we do a test run we should run it through the computer model and see what happens. Imagine a chunk of Texas the size of Rhode Island missing. We were glad we ran the computer model.
Depending on which chunk of Texas it was, I think it's possible that a test run without running the computer model would've been for the best. (Specifically, did the missing chunk contain any members of the Bush family?)

Torlock

Postby Torlock » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:15 pm UTC

One time, my trig teacher said,"Does anyone know what that graph looks like?" referring to the equation (y-2)=x^2+4. When no one responded he said, "It looks like a couple of guys bowling to me. You know, a pair of bowler's.

Grooving Tony

Postby Grooving Tony » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:45 pm UTC

I had a great computing teacher a few of his favorite quotes where:
"How would you like a flying drop kick to the throat?"
"Furniture" this one needs a bit of back story there was one guy in my class who just wouldn't shut up so when ever he spoke my teacher would threaten to throw furniture at him.
"Your going to the bad fire"
"Go and get the big stick with the nails in it"

theres more but i've forgotten them all, these quotes sound a bit weird and threatening but this guy was about 5 foot tall, a heavy smoker and was probably crazy. Probably my favorite teacher :D.
It's turtles all the way down
Panda
BHCM
protect the flag
snuggles
Jahoclave wrote:Tip: Shotgun, they could be a zombie. Remember, you're the first step in preventing the zombie apocalypse.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:50 pm UTC

My first history teacher was awesome. He had a sign up in his room that said "exercise crime does not pay, it only results in a lunchtime correctional oppointment. Remember without it you are nothing" or word to that effect.

Death Dragon

Postby Death Dragon » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:54 pm UTC

My chemistry teacher . . . just wow. He's said numerous time he doesn't have any morals or ethics, so his class is . . . interesting. He has a lot of 'catchphrases' and was actually talking the other day about how once, a student made a booklet of his quotes. His favorites:

"Shut up and sit down. I'm busy." -- This regardless of whether or not he was actually busy.

Oh - not a quote, but . . . we did a lab on a contact explosive - not very dangerous, but it makes a really loud bang. So one day he put it on the floor beneath a student's (Andy's) chair. Andy found it and set it off on purpose. So the next day, Mr. Locke taped it to the *underside* of Andy's chair so he wouldn't find it. Did you know people can quite literally jump about five feet in the air? Even when they're half-expecting it? It was very amusing.

I believe Andy was the kid he kept giving referrals (to the principal) for stupid things - "Sneaking up" on a girl on a step-stool, talking out of turn, etc. Only instead of sending them to the office, he taped them all to Andy's desk.

And in order to teach us the Table of Elements, he used puns. BAD puns!

What element competed in the race? --Iron (I run)
What element is on a diet? -- Tin (thin)

My math teacher is almost as bad, but the crowning moment came with this quote:

"You can replace this symbol with anything. You could replace it with my mom. But don't let her distract you . . . I know she's hot, but . . . "'

Stunned laughter followed, while my teacher looked a bit embarassed . . . he explained "I didn't want to say she was ugly." So we ended up agreeing that it simply never happened. It was funny though.

I'm sure I'll be back.

niteice

Postby niteice » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:41 am UTC

That reminds me of the only funny thing my 11th grade chem teacher did.

He had a device that was a butane lighter (the sort that let you light a fire from a distance) affixed to a film canister. The lid was stuck on the very end so he could easily detach the container part. He filled it with hydrogen and oxygen, then snapped it back in place. He would then pull the trigger and watch the ensuing explosion.

The first day of class, he had everyone fill out some survey about who they were and what they hoped to get out of the class. While everyone was intently writing he set it off.

I have never heard 20 high schoolers scream so loud. :twisted:
GENERATION 4294967292: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum, negate the generation, and convert it to a 32-bit unsigned integer. Social experiment.

Shakleton

Postby Shakleton » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:04 am UTC

That reminds me of one of my chemistry teachers, He wanted to show us a reaction with nice light-effects so he set up the apparatus and the chemicals (forgot what they were). When he added the last one he said: "ok, normally I should not add that much of it to this mixture but if you promise not to tell anyone I'll forget that rule for a moment" Of course, we all agreed. When he was done adding the whole chemical he watched the mixture starting to make funny glows and little lightnings. But then, suddenly, it took uo to create rly dark smoke. And a lot of it. I'm happy today that I watched him and not the mixture at that moment. His eyes became wide, he said something like "uh-oh" and then shouted to the class "COVER!". We all hid under our desks and then the mixture in the front blew up. Luckily nobody was hurt, the test tube did explode but nobody was hit by anything. To this day there is a dark spot on the cieling of our chemistry room.
mikekearn wrote:You even have an appropriate shirt. Excellent.

wst

Postby wst » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:54 pm UTC

My english teacher (to a class the year above- sixth form, full of girls). He's kinda creepy tbh, but funny as hell-
"Some women have caesareans to keep their pussies tight."

On life in the Merchant Navy- (in one of my classes though), so more valid, I guess...
"You get through the videos you bring in about 2 and a half days. So you learn to make your own entertainment..."
Everyone's slighty weirded out, he's inferring wanking, but then he continues...
"..., You'd get invited to the captains quarters... 16 year old boys screaming... luckily I declined the offer"
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Nevarwinter

Postby Nevarwinter » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Network Fundamentals Class.

Teacher: If any of you more advanced students are interested, there is a part time IT position open at Archbishop Chapelle (an all girls high school). You would be required to put in at least twenty hours a week and blah blah blah... No, it does not say how gullible the girls are. Sorry.

Themata

Postby Themata » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:27 pm UTC

In preparation for our science half yearly exam:

Teacher: Now judging by our previous assessments i can see that some of you had problems distinguishing between mass and weight
My friend: With all due respect sir, theyre the same thing on Earth.
Teacher: Well you're a bit of a twat then aren't you?

Kaiyas

Postby Kaiyas » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:29 pm UTC

Shakleton wrote:That reminds me of one of my chemistry teachers, He wanted to show us a reaction with nice light-effects so he set up the apparatus and the chemicals (forgot what they were). When he added the last one he said: "ok, normally I should not add that much of it to this mixture but if you promise not to tell anyone I'll forget that rule for a moment" Of course, we all agreed. When he was done adding the whole chemical he watched the mixture starting to make funny glows and little lightnings. But then, suddenly, it took uo to create rly dark smoke. And a lot of it. I'm happy today that I watched him and not the mixture at that moment. His eyes became wide, he said something like "uh-oh" and then shouted to the class "COVER!". We all hid under our desks and then the mixture in the front blew up. Luckily nobody was hurt, the test tube did explode but nobody was hit by anything. To this day there is a dark spot on the cieling of our chemistry room.

Priceless.
clintonius wrote:This place is like mental masturbation

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:35 pm UTC

Kaiyas wrote:
Shakleton wrote:That reminds me of one of my chemistry teachers, He wanted to show us a reaction with nice light-effects so he set up the apparatus and the chemicals (forgot what they were). When he added the last one he said: "ok, normally I should not add that much of it to this mixture but if you promise not to tell anyone I'll forget that rule for a moment" Of course, we all agreed. When he was done adding the whole chemical he watched the mixture starting to make funny glows and little lightnings. But then, suddenly, it took uo to create rly dark smoke. And a lot of it. I'm happy today that I watched him and not the mixture at that moment. His eyes became wide, he said something like "uh-oh" and then shouted to the class "COVER!". We all hid under our desks and then the mixture in the front blew up. Luckily nobody was hurt, the test tube did explode but nobody was hit by anything. To this day there is a dark spot on the cieling of our chemistry room.

Priceless.

My old Physics teacher has blown off his facial hair with sodium metal. Twice.

Return to “School”