Your Schedule

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

TevashSzat
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: University of Pennsylvania

Re: Your Schedule

Postby TevashSzat » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:23 pm UTC

My fun fun fall semester schedule......(rising sophmore btw)

Chem 251 - Principles of Biological Chemistry
Chem 221 - Physical Chemistry I
Math 432 - Game Theory
EALC 001 - Introduction to Chinese Civilization (General Req class)
Phys 280 - Physical Models of Biological Systems
Math 410 - Complex Analysis

My school doesn't really have a credit system akin to other universities....just one class one credit most of the time so that is 6 credits there.

User avatar
Zelda007
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:34 am UTC
Location: Oxford, GA

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Zelda007 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:53 pm UTC

Freshman Computer Engineering

MATH 1501 Calculus I
ENGL 1102 English II
CS 1371 Computing for Engineers
ECE 1882 Intro to ECE Design
HPS 1040 Wellness
GT 1000 Freshman Seminar

15 hours total

The best thing is that all of my classes start after 12:00, except for Monday when GT 1000 starts at 11:00.
Image

Hecate
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:44 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Hecate » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:10 pm UTC

My schedule this year would be impossible to show in its entirety, but the courses were:

AP Psychology
IB English A1 HL
IB Chemistry HL
IB Mathematics SL
Theory of Knowledge
AP Physics B
IB Biology HL
IB History of Europe and the Islamic World HL

The schedule works on a slot system where the above courses were labeled A through H (in order), and there were 6 classes a day. H was always first thing, and there were three classes before noon which mostly followed the pattern A -> B -> C -> D -> G (carrying over from day to day, usually) while the afternoons alternated between E -> F and F -> E on most days.

Next year, my first semester courses are:

Calculus I
Linear Algebra I
Organic Chemistry I
Principles of Accounting
Introduction to Microeconomics
Introduction to Macroeconomics

Most of the courses are early in the morning, so I get out between 10:00am and 1:30pm on most days. Promises to be a fun time. I'm probably going to end up dropping one of the economics courses, though.

Cassi
Posts: 1950
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:53 pm UTC
Location: England.

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Cassi » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:32 pm UTC

I have just been putting my timetable into iCal, and have concluded it could be spaced out much more nicely...

Monday:
12.00-13.30 PHIL 3131 Issues in Contemporary Ethics
16.30-18.30 PSYC 3041 Psychology Project and Statistics (luckily only for the first term; I'll be working on my project after that)

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
10.00-12.00 PSYS 3241 Forensic Psychology

Thursday:

Friday:
09.00-10.00 PHIL 2081 Political Philosophy
13.15-14.15 PSYC 2071 Individual Differences and Abnormal Psychology
14.15-15.15 PHIL 3071 Applied Ethics
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

Kaliayev
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:00 pm UTC
Location: Dorset, UK

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Kaliayev » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:15 pm UTC

Summer Camp schedule (note: I am a teacher)

8:00 Wake up students
8:30 Breakfast
9:00 Classes start (Computer science, Switzerland in the World, English as A Second Language or French and private tutoring, which I do)
11:50 Lunch
12:30 Dorm time
13:30 Afternoon activities start. These are either Sports, Arts and Crafts, Drama or Music, students pick two. I teach Music.
15:00 Half hour break for drinks and snacks
15:30 Second afternoon activities session starts. Again, I am teaching music.
17:00 Dorm time.
17:50 Dinner time.
18:30 Dorm and Phone time (ie given their phones so they can call home)
19:30 Evening Activity Session starts, actual activity can vary from football matches to discos to movie nights.
21:30 Lights out

Notes: technically I am down on the roster as recreation staff, meaning in addition to the tutoring I do in the morning, I am on from the start of lunch time until the end of the evening activity session. Unless I am on the duty team for the day, I do not have to be present during dinner time, dorm time or bed time, but I am on duty at least two nights a week. When day trips are on, I lose my hours in the morning off, and on afternoon trips my music lessons are essentially replaced with...well, wherever we are going. I get, on average, one day off per week (each session is three weeks long and for this session, for example, all my days off fall on the middle week, on Monday, tomorrow and Sunday).

User avatar
blu
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:48 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby blu » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:11 pm UTC

Zelda007 wrote:Freshman Computer Engineering

MATH 1501 Calculus I
ENGL 1102 English II
CS 1371 Computing for Engineers
ECE 1882 Intro to ECE Design
HPS 1040 Wellness
GT 1000 Freshman Seminar

15 hours total

The best thing is that all of my classes start after 12:00, except for Monday when GT 1000 starts at 11:00.

My 28 hrs envy your 15.
I'm just finishing with my first year of Computer Eng. and it wasn't any better.

Is this normal for CE, or does this change dramatically between countries/uni's?

User avatar
Yambert
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:16 am UTC
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Yambert » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:24 pm UTC

first semester in college

General Physics + Lab
Calculus I
European History to 1789
Beginner Drawing (6 hour class.. yeesh)
Intermediate French
Freshman seminar

23 hours total!

User avatar
Zelda007
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:34 am UTC
Location: Oxford, GA

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Zelda007 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:10 am UTC

blu wrote:
Zelda007 wrote:Freshman Computer Engineering

MATH 1501 Calculus I
ENGL 1102 English II
CS 1371 Computing for Engineers
ECE 1882 Intro to ECE Design
HPS 1040 Wellness
GT 1000 Freshman Seminar

15 hours total

The best thing is that all of my classes start after 12:00, except for Monday when GT 1000 starts at 11:00.

My 28 hrs envy your 15.
I'm just finishing with my first year of Computer Eng. and it wasn't any better.

Is this normal for CE, or does this change dramatically between countries/uni's?


That's just my first semester. I don't register for second semester until November. The whole year will likely end up being around 30 hours when added up.

That or maybe the hours are figured differently. All I know is that I will have completed 132 hours when I get my CompE degree.
Image

Animastryfe
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:56 am UTC
Location: Manhattan and Vancouver

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Animastryfe » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:48 pm UTC

Hecate wrote:
Next year, my first semester courses are:

Calculus I
Linear Algebra I
Organic Chemistry I
Principles of Accounting
Introduction to Microeconomics
Introduction to Macroeconomics



I find it very odd that you're taking calculus 1 and linear algebra at the same time.

Testify
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 am UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Testify » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:46 pm UTC

Animastryfe wrote:
Hecate wrote:
Next year, my first semester courses are:

Calculus I
Linear Algebra I
Organic Chemistry I
Principles of Accounting
Introduction to Microeconomics
Introduction to Macroeconomics



I find it very odd that you're taking calculus 1 and linear algebra at the same time.

I find it very impossible that he is taking calculus 1 and linear algebra at the same time.

User avatar
Mike_Bson
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Mike_Bson » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:27 am UTC

I'm not sure if I remember correctly. . .

Russian I
Honors Geometry
Biology
Computer Math
World History

Hecate
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:44 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Hecate » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:57 pm UTC

Testify wrote:
Animastryfe wrote:
Hecate wrote:
Next year, my first semester courses are:

Calculus I
Linear Algebra I
Organic Chemistry I
Principles of Accounting
Introduction to Microeconomics
Introduction to Macroeconomics



I find it very odd that you're taking calculus 1 and linear algebra at the same time.

I find it very impossible that he is taking calculus 1 and linear algebra at the same time.

I find it very true that I'm taking Calculus I and Linear Algebra I at the same time, and I do believe what I find trumps what you two have found.

The prerequisites for Calculus I and Linear Algebra I at my university are the same, and they can both be done straight out of high school, assuming one scores well enough on the Maths Placement Test. Because I did IB Maths SL I'm exempt from that placement test anyway, so I'm allowed to take either course, or both if I like.

Testify
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 am UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Testify » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:33 pm UTC

Hecate wrote:
Testify wrote:
Animastryfe wrote:
Hecate wrote:
Next year, my first semester courses are:

Calculus I
Linear Algebra I
Organic Chemistry I
Principles of Accounting
Introduction to Microeconomics
Introduction to Macroeconomics



I find it very odd that you're taking calculus 1 and linear algebra at the same time.

I find it very impossible that he is taking calculus 1 and linear algebra at the same time.

I find it very true that I'm taking Calculus I and Linear Algebra I at the same time, and I do believe what I find trumps what you two have found.

The prerequisites for Calculus I and Linear Algebra I at my university are the same, and they can both be done straight out of high school, assuming one scores well enough on the Maths Placement Test. Because I did IB Maths SL I'm exempt from that placement test anyway, so I'm allowed to take either course, or both if I like.

I blame America for my thinking that Linear Algebra must come after Calculus.
Last edited by Testify on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:50 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Aodhan
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:43 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Aodhan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:24 pm UTC

Testify wrote:
Hecate wrote:
Testify wrote:
Animastryfe wrote:
Hecate wrote:
Next year, my first semester courses are:

Calculus I
Linear Algebra I
Organic Chemistry I
Principles of Accounting
Introduction to Microeconomics
Introduction to Macroeconomics



I find it very odd that you're taking calculus 1 and linear algebra at the same time.

I find it very impossible that he is taking calculus 1 and linear algebra at the same time.

I find it very true that I'm taking Calculus I and Linear Algebra I at the same time, and I do believe what I find trumps what you two have found.

The prerequisites for Calculus I and Linear Algebra I at my university are the same, and they can both be done straight out of high school, assuming one scores well enough on the Maths Placement Test. Because I did IB Maths SL I'm exempt from that placement test anyway, so I'm allowed to take either course, or both if I like.

I blame America for my thinking that Linear Algebra must come before Calculus.


At my uni in Australia, Calculus and Linear Algebra are combined into the one subject.

Outis
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:29 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Outis » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:51 am UTC

Aodhan wrote:At my uni in Australia, Calculus and Linear Algebra are combined into the one subject.


That's more or less the same as my (American) University - I'll be taking "Honors Linear Algebra and Real Analysis" next year.

sakekasi
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:26 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby sakekasi » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:23 am UTC

AP lang comp
AP Physics B
Honors Us Hist (qq my school doesnt offer ap)
Honors Math Analysis (precalc)
Wind Ensemble
Marching Band
Spanish 5-6


im looking forward most to ap physics and dreading lang comp
class of 2012 ftw!!!
Image
Image
GraphiteGirl wrote:
Kewangji wrote:Like, assume I drop my ice cream. This is extra tragic if I'm at a funeral.
There will be an added layer of tragedy if no one sigs this.

seasnake_730
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 am UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby seasnake_730 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:06 am UTC

Freshman at Henderson State University.

Honors English
Foundations Of Computer Science I
Calculus I
Seminar
Band
Foundations Of Computer Science I Lab
Intro To Math Computing

I asked the advisor about the Intro to Math Computing, and she said it was a "bullshit class that you don't even need. I'm teaching it, and I'm not going to make you come to class. It's a free A."

:D

User avatar
Vohu Manah
athlete's nipple.
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:00 am UTC
Location: Western Hemisphere. Possibly Idaho.

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Vohu Manah » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 am UTC

1st trimester, as a freshmen in high school. The school only offers one honors class of each subject, which severely limits my elective choices.

Performing ArtsConcert Band- Must beg/cry/plead my band teacher to let me out of drama.
Honors English
Marching Percussions
CPR- A fun filled, two year long mandatory class designed to increase test scores. Wee.
Lincoln Douglas Debate
Honors Science
Isaac Hill wrote:If this tetonic plate's rockin' such that it registers no less than 6.1 on the Richter scale, don't come a knockin'.

margomoh
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:17 am UTC
Location: Virginia Tech

Re: Your Schedule

Postby margomoh » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:25 am UTC

Rising junior EE major with a minor in Leadership

AC Circuit Analysis w/Lab
Electromagnetic Fields
Continuous and Discrete Systems
Prob & Stat for EE
Naval Ships Systems Engineering w/Lab (Navy ROTC)
Military Leadership Practicuum

I am dreading AC Circuits Lab after experiencing DC Circuits Lab last year. I think my favorite classes will be Navy and Prob/Stat. Also, to weigh in on the earlier topic, the normal math progression at my school (Virginia Tech) is Calc I & Linear Algebra 1st semester, and then Calc II & Vector Geometry the 2nd.

courtney170
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:58 am UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby courtney170 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:03 am UTC

Freshman schedule.
Woo?
Ha.

1st Semester
English
Gym (Ugh.)
Geometry
Biology
Health
Band
Spanish II

2nd Semester
English
Gym
Geometry
World History
Biology
Band
Spanish II

I haven't started school yet...
But I'm really actually looking forward to Biology. Geometry, eh. :)

Heady
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:21 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Heady » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:20 am UTC

Vohu Manah wrote:1st trimester, as a freshmen in high school. The school only offers one honors class of each subject, which severely limits my elective choices.

Performing ArtsConcert Band- Must beg/cry/plead my band teacher to let me out of drama.
Honors English
Marching Percussions
CPR- A fun filled, two year long mandatory class designed to increase test scores. Wee.
Lincoln Douglas Debate
Honors Science

No Math? I'm intrigued. Explain?

User avatar
Luonnos
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:46 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Luonnos » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:33 am UTC

Junior year in high school. Hooray for stress!

Spanish IV
Physics
AP Chem
AP US History
Multivariable Calc/Linear Algebra (is this believable?)
English

User avatar
kcaze
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:23 am UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby kcaze » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:40 am UTC

Junior year here, at an international school

IB Math HL (approximately Calc AB I believe?)
IB Physics HL
IB Chemistry HL
IB English SL
IB History SL
IB Chinese SL

Pretty easy-going compared to high school juniors I've seen in the states. Too bad most uni's don't fully recognize IB credits.

User avatar
Velict
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:07 pm UTC
Location: Icecrown Citadel

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Velict » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:29 am UTC

Luonnos wrote:Junior year in high school. Hooray for stress!

Spanish IV
Physics
AP Chem
AP US History
Multivariable Calc/Linear Algebra (is this believable?)
English

A friend of mine took Calc 3 and Dif Eq during his sophomore year, so yeah, that's believable 8)

Ansuz
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:51 am UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Ansuz » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:17 am UTC

Senior at high school, using the Post Secondary Enrollment Options program to attend my second year at a community college.

High School
(timing to be determined)
Life Skills
Life Fitness

College
Calculus I (M/T/W/Th 2:00-3:05)
Machine Architecture and Organization (W 6-9pm)
Beginning Microsoft SQL Server (Online)
Database Management (Online)
Structures of Programming I (Online)

I was told that Machine Architecture will be the hardest course I'll ever take at this college. This'll be fun. Also, I still need to figure out what to do for my senior independent research project...

-Ansuz

User avatar
HarleyQuinn
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 am UTC
Location: Nothingtown
Contact:

Re: Your Schedule

Postby HarleyQuinn » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:36 am UTC

Sophomore year in high school. Let's goooo.
Fall:
Honors English 10
Band
Gym/Health
Honors Biology 1
Honors World Studies 2

Spring:
Honors Spanish 3
Band
Intro to CAD
Honors Pre Calc/Trig.
Honors Chemistry
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

Munzapoppa
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:47 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Munzapoppa » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:12 am UTC

Just learned today that I (apparently) won't be getting my schedule for my sophomore year of high school until homeroom on the first day. This is rediculous considering that last year I got my schedule more than a month prior to the start of school. An email that my parents got from the school says that tentative schedules are going to be mailed out, but now I'm not so sure if this is going to be true, considering I got all my other forms and stuff today in the mail.

Anyway, these are the classes I'm going to be taking next year:

Honors Chemistry
Honors Algebra 2
Language and Literature 2
Art 2
French 3
US History 1
Media Communications 3 and 4 (both are semester-long video production classes)

plus lunch and gym.

User avatar
Litof
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:56 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Litof » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:03 am UTC

Junior (HS) Schedule:

Psychology Honors
IB English
IB Math
IB Chinese
IB History of the Americas
IB Information Technology
IB Physics

Let's do this. *dons brown duster*

User avatar
Vohu Manah
athlete's nipple.
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:00 am UTC
Location: Western Hemisphere. Possibly Idaho.

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Vohu Manah » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:10 am UTC

Heady wrote:
Vohu Manah wrote:1st trimester, as a freshmen in high school. The school only offers one honors class of each subject, which severely limits my elective choices.

Performing ArtsConcert Band- Must beg/cry/plead my band teacher to let me out of drama.
Honors English
Marching Percussions
CPR- A fun filled, two year long mandatory class designed to increase test scores. Wee.
Lincoln Douglas Debate
Honors Science

No Math? I'm intrigued. Explain?

I'll have Honors Geometry in my second and third trimesters. Since each class is 65 minutes long, there aren't many classes that are year-round, except the damn CPR class.
Might as well post the rest of my schedule:

Second Trimester:
Honors English
Honors Geometry
Concert Percussions
CPR
Lincoln/Douglas Debate
Drivers Education/Portfolio- 3 weeks of driving, 4 weeks of graduation-related things

Third Trimester:
ArtSomething else- This will probably become an online language course.
Concert Band
Computer Applications- A mandatory typing/ word processing class that I will be challenging. Might be replaced with a Jazz class.
Hell
Honors Geometry- Different hour
Honors Physical Science- Different hour, different teacher.
Isaac Hill wrote:If this tetonic plate's rockin' such that it registers no less than 6.1 on the Richter scale, don't come a knockin'.

Thurid
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:06 pm UTC
Location: Maryland

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Thurid » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:37 am UTC

Rising Junior in High School

1st Semester
Topics in US History
Calculus
English 11
Spanish 4

2nd Semester
AP Calc
AP US
AP Spanish
Student Intern

Unfortunately, my school doesn't offer IB...
You put the 'ass' in mass murder.

User avatar
KestrelLowing
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:57 pm UTC
Location: Michigan

Re: Your Schedule

Postby KestrelLowing » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:39 pm UTC

Thurid wrote:Rising Junior in High School

1st Semester
Topics in US History
Calculus
English 11
Spanish 4

2nd Semester
AP Calc
AP US
AP Spanish
Student Intern

Unfortunately, my school doesn't offer IB...


I'm slightly curious - why do you only have AP classes for half of the year? It seems rather counterintuitive to me.

Thurid
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:06 pm UTC
Location: Maryland

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Thurid » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:36 pm UTC

US History is really AP all year, they just don't call it that. AP Calc is AB, and Calc isjust the beginning stuff, but not pre-calc, and I'm not sure about Spanish, I guess since its the fifth part they don't think it needs a whole year since you've had 4 semesters worth before.
You put the 'ass' in mass murder.

User avatar
Kromix
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:26 pm UTC
Location: DFW, Great State of Texas

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Kromix » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:49 pm UTC

so far got this left:

BSA/375 FUNDAMENTALS OF BUSINESS SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
PRG/210 FUNDAMENTALS OF PROGRAMMING WITH ALGORITHMS AND LOGIC
WEB/236 WEB DESIGN I
WEB/237 WEB DESIGN II
CMGT/410 PROJECT PLANNING & IMPLEMENTATION
DBM/380 DATABASE CONCEPTS
POS/410 SQL FOR BUSINESS
NTC/360 NETWORK AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONCEPTS
PRG/420 JAVA PROGRAMMING I
PRG/421 JAVA PROGRAMMING II
NTC/240 INTRO TO LAN TECHNOLOGIES
NTC/241 INTRO TO W-LAN TECHNOLOGIES
NTC/242 INTRO TO WAN TECHNOLOGIES
CMGT/244 INTRO TO IT SECURITY

The NTC Should be easy... doubt they will touch more than CCNA and CCNP did.
Image
Click Me! <---- Click There! :)
Spoiler:
Image

scienceroboticspunk
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:21 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere(or in NJ, USA)

Re: Your Schedule

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:55 am UTC

Going into junior year and have my classes mostly lined up for next 2 years.
Junior Year:
Physics J
Calc J
Dig Electronics(engineering class)
Computer Integrated Manufacturing(engineering class)
<Other class>

Senior Year:
Physics AP
Calc AB/BC(not sure the placement)
Statistics AP
Chem AP/BIO AP(not sure which to choose)
<more classes>

Thats the general idea of my next 2 years along with robotics and sports.
these are words
type, type, type

Bulba
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:15 am UTC
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Bulba » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:18 am UTC

Junior in high school. Fun.

1. US History
2. AP Calculus BC
3. 11th Grade American Literature/Comprehension (fancy title for English)
4. AP Physics B
5. AP Psychology
6. AP Computer Science A

Best part about my day is that AP Comp Sci has no teacher, which means it's an online course where I just go to a classroom and do the modules they assign us. Java is easy enough for me so I'll have an hour at the end of every school day to mess around after I do my work quickly.

User avatar
Bipod
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:51 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Bipod » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:56 am UTC

High school sophomore.

Chem. Honors
Music Theory Honors (hoping to switch to AP halfway through the year, as the teacher suggested)
English Honors
Algebra II Honors (I wish I had gone ahead and done this over the summer so I could be in pre-calc, but w/e)
Spanish III Honors (The bane of my existence)
Jazz Band (OOHHH YEAHHH!)

Starting tomorrow, I have to get up at 5:30. Bring it on mothe-*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

EDIT: And as a cruel bonus, when I looked at my schedule, I realized the classes are all across from each other my ~3mi**2 campus.

User avatar
nyeguy
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:59 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby nyeguy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:22 am UTC

My first semester of college, at Carnegie Mellon!

Intro to ECE (Electrical and Compter Engineering)
Principles of Computing (learning to program in python)
Calculus 3
Globalization through History (looks like an awesome history course)

I wanted to take another course, but one more course would put me over the credit limit for freshman.
Image

User avatar
i_ll_winn
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:38 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby i_ll_winn » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:51 pm UTC

My first trimester schedule is:
Accounting
AP Calc
Physics
AP Bio
AP English

Should be an interesting trimester.
There is no enemy anywhere, only idiots with weapons.
My life is worthless, how I affect others is priceless.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Ulc
Posts: 1301
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:05 pm UTC
Location: Copenhagen university

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Ulc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:32 am UTC

Blergh, I have to decide by monday which course to take in either block 3 or 4 this year*, as I have to sign my masters contract then.

Options:

1) Radioactive isotopes and ionization
Basically, worthless course consisting of highschool senior year physics and some laws on security. Rated as "passed/not passed" so I can slack a much as I want, and concentrate on my lab work. The good thing is that I get certified for working with radioactive compounds, which is very expensive certificate for my future employers to get me.

2) Biophysical techniques
Heavy courseload, in a very interesting subject - which I've sadly had like a million courses on, and is likely qualified to teach in this one, instead of following it. Rated with a grade, which could be nice for my average, since I only have four grades in my masters degree so far, and one of those is four is going to be my masters project.

What a choice, boredom and a easy passed - or having to work hard in a course that doesn't teach me anything, to get a good grade. And the rest of the courses? No thank you very much, I'm not going to take various biology-stuff.

At least it will be the last course I'll have to bother with!


*We use a system of four blocks instead of two semesters, each block then contains 15 ETCS points. So block 3 & 4 are first and last half of the second semester.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

A White Russian, shades and a bathrobe, what more can you want from life?

Adaro
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:37 pm UTC

Re: Your Schedule

Postby Adaro » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:30 am UTC

environmental toxicology from 3-4 mwf
intro to psychology 12-2 wf
physiology of human aging 8-10am tr
human brain and disease 1:40-3 tr

Out by 4 every day and dodn't have class till 3 on monday. Pretty sweet schedule for first quarter.

May change if I can get into calc and chem classes though, my orientation thing had us do it in turns on a single computer for each orientation group, so by the time i was up they were all full -_-"


Return to “School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests