Present for my teacher

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

XDLMAO

Present for my teacher

Postby XDLMAO » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:56 pm UTC

So I had my computer science teacher fill out a recommendation form for me. So to thank her I want to give her some sort of present. I'm thinking about some sort of programming poster or something so she can put it up in her classroom.

Anyone have any good ideas?

slightlydead

Re: Present for my teacher

Postby slightlydead » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:02 am UTC

I don't know about your teacher, but I don't think I would want presents that remind me of work lol unless I was really passionate about it.

Kizyr

Postby Kizyr » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:13 am UTC

Those are actually the kind of presents that are appropriate to give someone like your teacher. If you give something personal, and you don't know him/her that well, then it could be seen as inappropriate.

The poster sounds like a good idea to me. KF
~Kizyr

zug

Postby zug » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:37 am UTC

When I was in high school, some cool presents my English teacher got were a Shakespeare action figure (with movable pen and poseable arms!) and a singing Henry the VIIIth bust toy thing. If you can get something that's humorous and relevant to your teacher's subject, that's always kinda cool.
Velifer wrote:Go to the top of a tower, drop a heavy weight and a photon, observe when they hit the ground.

XDLMAO

Postby XDLMAO » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:51 am UTC

Anyone know where to get programming posters or programming related gifts?

I thought think geek might have some, but unfortunately they don't seem to have much.

KestralTweet

Postby KestralTweet » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:50 am UTC

I was thinking of eventually giving my Biology teacher ebola.

WholeLottaSean

Postby WholeLottaSean » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:39 pm UTC

My maths teacher was colour blind so I gave him a kids book about colours

explodingviolin

Postby explodingviolin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:04 am UTC

I gave my CompSci teacher the xkcd "I'm not slacking off; my code is compiling" t-shirt. He loved it. =D
So...idk, something worth considering? =]
Hydrostatic equilibrium makes the world go round.

Jianaran

Postby Jianaran » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:12 pm UTC

One of our maths teachers is incredibly awesome (great teacher, and a great person), and the leaving year 12s often get him interesting things at the end of the year. A few years back, they pooled their money and bought him a sword. Not a toy sword or anything, a real forged metal sword. He brings it out occasionally (like, once a year), and does stuff like walk into the classroom carrying it when everyone's silently doing a test (he trusts us enough to leave during tests, and everyone respects him enough that no-one talks or does anything), walk around silently for a few minutes, then put it back in his office and act as if nothing ever happened. I think he actually has 2 swords that were given to him, now that I think about it... He also has a knight-style helmet, that last year's year 12s bought him to complement the swords.

Probably not something for every class or every teacher, though.

Omegaton

Postby Omegaton » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:36 am UTC

KestralTweet wrote:I was thinking of eventually giving my Biology teacher ebola.

I'm no microbiologist, but those are pretty awesome.

Ventanator

Postby Ventanator » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:36 pm UTC

Jianaran wrote:One of our maths teachers is incredibly awesome (great teacher, and a great person), and the leaving year 12s often get him interesting things at the end of the year. A few years back, they pooled their money and bought him a sword. Not a toy sword or anything, a real forged metal sword. He brings it out occasionally (like, once a year), and does stuff like walk into the classroom carrying it when everyone's silently doing a test (he trusts us enough to leave during tests, and everyone respects him enough that no-one talks or does anything), walk around silently for a few minutes, then put it back in his office and act as if nothing ever happened. I think he actually has 2 swords that were given to him, now that I think about it... He also has a knight-style helmet, that last year's year 12s bought him to complement the swords.

Probably not something for every class or every teacher, though.

That is pretty much the awesomest thing ever on like thirty different levels. Your school people have swords? Kids in high school are actually nerdy (read: awesome) enough to buy their teacher an effing sword? And it was real? And a matching helment? AND HE BRINGS IT TO CLASS?
Please, please, get him some gauntlets. Or a horse.

Return to “School”