Is it worth it?

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Cammy

Is it worth it?

Postby Cammy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:14 am UTC

I have a diploma from a private school with a bad reputation. It's not that I didn't learn anything there, but the program was accelerated and has a poor job placement program (doesn't really offer much help). I'm basically trying to get into an industry that isn't particularly female-friendly and that involves more of who you know, not what you know, to get hired. (It's the electrical industry.) I have a very poor network and poor networking skills. I'm working on it though.

I haven't had any luck finding work and fear I never will unless I move very far away, which I'm not willing to do. I have been seriously considering going to a real, government college to get a two year degree that will allow me to work in a pharmacy. I'm pretty sure I can afford it if I save up until everything starts in September.

My question is, is it worth going back to get a real college degree, or should I keep trying with my current education? Just looking for an opinion. :)

Schmendreck

Re: Is it worth it?

Postby Schmendreck » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:10 am UTC

Unqualified yes, college is an excellent investment.
A critic is a person who creates nothing of their own and therefore feels entitled to judge others.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Cammy

Re: Is it worth it?

Postby Cammy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 am UTC

Merci beaucoup. :D

Return to “School”