2010 AP tests discussion thread!

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Shivari
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:10 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Shivari » Fri May 07, 2010 7:56 pm UTC

CalebC wrote:AP US History. I didn't study, so probably a four.


That's how I felt about it. The stuff I remembered I was pretty sure of, but there were a few questions where I couldn't eliminate any of the choices because I just wasn't familiar with that particular item anymore. I guessed if I could eliminate at least one option, as I figured that if I get one guess right that would counteract four guesses wrong, and it would return to a blank slate, so I might as well take the gamble that I end up in the positive.

The DBQ was simple and I thought my free responses were pretty solid, one more so than the other, though.

User avatar
Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...
Posts: 3113
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:31 pm UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Ixtellor » Fri May 07, 2010 7:59 pm UTC

Yambert wrote:So I just took AP US government and politics today. Anybody else? I thought it was really easy. The essays were pretty straightforward.


How did you answer:

Several other changes in party composition have emerged in the past few decades. Select three of the following groups and for each explain how parties have changed in composition with respect to that group.
-Catholics
-Labor Union Members
-Women
-Social conservatives


I will be shocked if 1% of respondant got the 'catholics' portion correct.

Also, did you have trouble answering:
explain one Constituional provision that it can use to check the bureaucracy
- Interest groups.


That question is going to kill students. If you answered it.. your freaking smart, if your teacher actually covered that... something is afoot. (Year round class being my guess)

I imagine >.1% of AP teachers covered anything like that.
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

Durin
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:31 pm UTC
Location: Champaign, IL

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Durin » Fri May 07, 2010 8:10 pm UTC

For the party composition I did all the not-Catholics because I wasn't sure about Catholics. And for the Congress checking the power of interest groups I wrote about how lobbyists have to register with the government and are regulated. You could also have written about legislature that controls the donation of funds by PAC's , interest groups, and individuals. I thought my teacher was pretty lame but maybe she taught better than I thought.

User avatar
Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...
Posts: 3113
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:31 pm UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Ixtellor » Fri May 07, 2010 8:32 pm UTC

Durin wrote:For the party composition I did all the not-Catholics because I wasn't sure about Catholics. And for the Congress checking the power of interest groups I wrote about how lobbyists have to register with the government and are regulated. You could also have written about legislature that controls the donation of funds by PAC's , interest groups, and individuals. I thought my teacher was pretty lame but maybe she taught better than I thought.


I don't know how they are going to score it, but registration of interest groups isn't a constitutional provision. And it doesn't address how interest groups use the constitution to limit the Bureaucracy.

I assume campaign finance is going to be on the rubric but I honestly can't think how they are going to rationalize it.

Congress can write laws --> Interest groups are protected/regulated by those laws ---> The Bureaucracy is limited..

Its a highly bizarre question and receiving massive backlash.
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

User avatar
Yreval
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:59 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Yreval » Fri May 07, 2010 8:38 pm UTC

Velict wrote:I think it went very well. I'm almost certain a got a 5 (although my third essay was pretty lame).

My third essay was easily my worst as well, but the test was overall pretty easy. Everyone I know was bitching about the second (prose) essay, but I honestly thought it was fine. I squeezed in a lot of good analysis.

User avatar
TheGrammarBolshevik
Posts: 4878
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:12 am UTC
Location: Going to and fro in the earth, and walking up and down in it.

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby TheGrammarBolshevik » Fri May 07, 2010 8:43 pm UTC

Ixtellor wrote:I don't know how they are going to score it, but registration of interest groups isn't a constitutional provision. And it doesn't address how interest groups use the constitution to limit the Bureaucracy.

Durin was probably thinking of a different question; there was one about Congress's power to regulate interest groups or something similar.

I put down the right to petition the government to answer the other one, but I was reaching a bit; I wouldn't call it a check per se.
Nothing rhymes with orange,
Not even sporange.

User avatar
Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...
Posts: 3113
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:31 pm UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Ixtellor » Fri May 07, 2010 9:02 pm UTC

TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:I put down the right to petition the government to answer the other one, but I was reaching a bit; I wouldn't call it a check per se.


That and a few others is all I can think of, and I still can't think of how they are justifying that as a specific check on the Bureacracy.. as opposed to a check on gov in general.
Maybe the graders don't care.

Sounds like you did well, congratz.

Eco next thursday learn your graphs!
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

Durin
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:31 pm UTC
Location: Champaign, IL

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Durin » Sat May 08, 2010 12:10 am UTC

TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:
Ixtellor wrote:I don't know how they are going to score it, but registration of interest groups isn't a constitutional provision. And it doesn't address how interest groups use the constitution to limit the Bureaucracy.

Durin was probably thinking of a different question; there was one about Congress's power to regulate interest groups or something similar.

I put down the right to petition the government to answer the other one, but I was reaching a bit; I wouldn't call it a check per se.


Yeah I was thinking of that question; I'm a bit out of it today just don't listen to me! As for the interest groups using the constitution to check bureaucracy, I discussed free speech rights/rights to assembly can be used to turn public opinion against bureaucracy and therefore force congress to check the actions of bureaucracy.

As for AP Eco next week, I'm getting home from the Physics C: Mechanics and pulling a crazy cram session. I was going to get home and start hardcore Physics studying but then I fell ill when I was driving home from school. I think some supernatural force just wishes me to retake Mechanics in addition to E&M. [I'm retaking E&M because even though University Illinois gives credit for it the exam doesn't cover about a third of their class curriculum, so even though I'm smart enough to pull a 5 I'm just not taking the exam]

CalebC
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 10:34 pm UTC
Location: Wisconsin

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby CalebC » Sat May 08, 2010 12:22 am UTC

'Twas rather easy. I finished the essays with a half hour to spare though. Which was pretty awkward. I got glared at. :oops:

User avatar
Vox Imperatoris
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 am UTC
Location: Alabama

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Sat May 08, 2010 12:42 am UTC

Sounds like I'm the only one who took AP Comparative Government. I'm taking 6 AP exams, but I'm only taking 3 real AP classes, the ones my school offers.

AP U.S. Government—really easy; I took 1 semester of regular U.S. Government
AP Comparative Government—just as easy; I took a month-long summer class at Princeton on this through JSA, but I mainly learned it from the review book because we did not cover the six course countries: Britain, Russia, China, Mexico, Nigeria, and Iran (you need know only the very basics about these countries)
AP U.S. History—also very easy; our school has recently started splitting this up into two full years, one officially called "AP", so lots was covered
AP Biology—it won't be a cakewalk, but I imagine I can get a 5 since I'm first in my class by a good bit; I'm taking a full year of the AP class
AP Chemistry—the hardest one by far; I'm hoping I can get a 5, but maybe not; I'm taking a full year of regular Chemistry
AP English Language—I expect this also to be fairly easy; I'm taking a full year of the AP class

On the Catholics question for U.S. Government, I talked about the Catholic shift from Democrat to Republican, largely because of the abortion issue and other aspects of social conservatism. They also asked about the gap in Southern states (see location) between the national Democratic Party and the candidates we elect. I easily did an in-depth example of Richard Shelby, our sitting senator. For interest group checks on the bureaucracy, I discussed the right to petition, i.e. lobby, the government.

ETA: Also, I don't see how any reasonably intelligent person with common sense couldn't have answered at least half the multiple-choice questions on both government exams (which I had to take back-to-back, incidentally) correctly.
Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
17/♂/Heterosexual/US/Atheist/Objectivist
Tigion wrote:Gods, [Mafia] is like poker, 'cept harder.

Nu Știu Să Fiu Numai Pentru Tine—Andreea Bălan—Amazing song! Verrückte Jungs—Blümchen—My avatar.
Image

User avatar
TommyTumnus
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:30 pm UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby TommyTumnus » Sat May 08, 2010 2:33 am UTC

I'm feeling really confident about the AP Lit exam. The multiple choice was really easy, though I guess the curve will just be set high since my entire class agreed. I'm also feeling strong on the essays (all the papers we wrote in the class had to be done in-class in 40 minutes), even though only one book we covered in class was on the list (I didn't use it).

Kalathalan
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:06 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Kalathalan » Mon May 10, 2010 3:43 am UTC

---
Last edited by Kalathalan on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:05 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Yreval
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:59 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Yreval » Mon May 10, 2010 3:50 am UTC

AP Physics C in twelve hours. Funfunfun.

User avatar
Josephine
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Josephine » Mon May 10, 2010 4:34 am UTC

AP bio in 10 hours. remind me never to take a bio class again.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

User avatar
Yreval
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:59 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Yreval » Mon May 10, 2010 9:34 pm UTC

So it turns out my school mistakenly ordered the tests for E&M instead of Mechanics—my school only offers Mechanics as a course—and I'll be stuck taking Form B. Fuuuun. :|

Morroval
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 9:44 pm UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Morroval » Mon May 10, 2010 11:16 pm UTC

Took Biology today... I found out that I had managed to completely skip a section of the study material and that very section popped up in free response question #1. Still probably got a 5.

Next up, Macroeconomics - yay for half-page essays!

Chuff
CHOO CHOO I'M A TRAIN
Posts: 1018
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 am UTC
Location: The Purple Valley, Mass

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Chuff » Tue May 11, 2010 2:53 am UTC

Question 1 Parts B and C sucked. Ungh that was awful.
I think I got a five though too. #3 saved my ass.

English Language is going to suck, wednesday. I'm hoping for a 4.
The Great Hippo wrote:The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.
addams wrote:How human of him. "If, they can do it, then, I can do it." Humans. Pfft. Poor us.

User avatar
Yambert
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:16 am UTC
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Yambert » Tue May 11, 2010 3:31 am UTC

I took Physics B today. It was long and draining but not difficult. one of the seven free responses I had no clue on, but it'll still be a 5

gereffi
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:29 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby gereffi » Tue May 11, 2010 4:06 am UTC

Government: Haven't been in a Gov class since the first week of February. I didn't really study either. Still came out with a solid 4. I need a 4 for Rutgers to accept the credit, so we're good to go here.

Statistics: I hate my Stat class. It's dull and slow and boring. Nobody in the class can understand the simplest topics, But I do actually find the course work interesting. I know that I could have done very well on this if my class didn't start mid February. I still have 7 weeks of the class left, and I really haven't learned anything on my own. But with the things I did answer, I believe I got a 3 or 4. Really need a 4 though, or I won't be getting credit for it.

Calculus BC: I had a little bit of problem on some of the open ended problems (I was stupid that day. And I hadn't done any Calc in 3 weeks.), but the multiple choice was a breeze. I'm expecting a 5, but I'll probably be taking Calc 2 in college either way. Need to pad that GPA.

Physics B: I was in no way prepared for this. Seriously. I was completely under the impression that I would get a formula sheet for the multiple choice questions. So I bombed there. I answered 65 of the 70 questions, but I was only 100% sure on about 20 of them. I think I got about 50-60 out of 80 of the open ended though. I guess that might be good for a 3 or 4. Either way, it won't matter as far as college credit goes.

Along with my 4s in Calc AB and Chem from last year, I'm seeing some pretty consistent 4s here. If only I had some drive to actually do work, I could get 5s no problem. Ah well. Can't have my cake and eat it too I suppose.

panic research
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:01 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby panic research » Tue May 11, 2010 8:29 pm UTC

I felt like the APUSH multiple choice was pretty straightforward and the DBQ was really easy. I'm hoping for a five. I'm not quite as confident on the bio, though, because we never really covered the material for the last essay in class. The second and third bio essays were pretty simple though, so hopefully they saved me.

User avatar
Internetmeme
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 pm UTC
Location: South Carolina, USA

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Internetmeme » Tue May 11, 2010 9:48 pm UTC

Human Geography this Friday. I'm hoping for a 4 or 5. The subject is real easy, and is just a lot of analyzing. It's pretty fun, actually.
Spoiler:

RLabs
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:04 pm UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby RLabs » Wed May 12, 2010 1:29 am UTC

Did anyone get the idea that the Chemistry exam was particularly easy this year? I knew everything on it easily, even though AP Chem's normally my worst class.

Otherwise: AP Calc was unsurprisingly easy, APUSH wasn't as hard as I was expecting, Physics (Mechanics) was pretty easy, and Physics (E&M) was... depressing. Particularly the free-response; I was able to answer two of the questions partially and was completely confused by the last one.

Zoan
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:22 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Zoan » Wed May 12, 2010 1:38 am UTC

AP World History... 10,000 years of history, and I can get essays on anything. I'll be fine on multiple choice, but... essays are not my strong point in AP World, since they're about form and now content. :(

User avatar
modularblues
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:33 am UTC
Location: Escher's Wonderland
Contact:

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby modularblues » Wed May 12, 2010 1:42 am UTC

Good luck everyone!

Wow, AP exams, brings back memories.

They test late 20th Century content on USH now huh... My question (in 2003) was about policies during Great Depression :P

User avatar
The EGE
not very good at pickup limes
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby The EGE » Wed May 12, 2010 2:34 am UTC

Chem went well today. No acid-base on free response = happy happy joy joy.
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.

User avatar
Vox Imperatoris
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 am UTC
Location: Alabama

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Wed May 12, 2010 3:24 am UTC

RLabs wrote:Did anyone get the idea that the Chemistry exam was particularly easy this year? I knew everything on it easily, even though AP Chem's normally my worst class.

Otherwise: AP Calc was unsurprisingly easy, APUSH wasn't as hard as I was expecting, Physics (Mechanics) was pretty easy, and Physics (E&M) was... depressing. Particularly the free-response; I was able to answer two of the questions partially and was completely confused by the last one.


Chemistry was easier than I thought it would be (definitely my least confident exam, though). Hopefully, the scale won't be ridiculous. I might have pulled out a 5, if the stars were right. Here's hoping.

panic research wrote:I felt like the APUSH multiple choice was pretty straightforward and the DBQ was really easy. I'm hoping for a five. I'm not quite as confident on the bio, though, because we never really covered the material for the last essay in class. The second and third bio essays were pretty simple though, so hopefully they saved me.


Yeah, we covered the DBQ topic extensively in our class, so I think I nailed A.P. History.

A.P. Biology was not so easy, and I definitely bombed the first essay because we did not cover it at all (I did know insulin was a pancreatic hormone, though! :wink: ). The fourth essay was very straightforward, in my opinion, though. We didn't cover it, either, but we did in earlier non-A.P. classes at my school.
Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
17/♂/Heterosexual/US/Atheist/Objectivist
Tigion wrote:Gods, [Mafia] is like poker, 'cept harder.

Nu Știu Să Fiu Numai Pentru Tine—Andreea Bălan—Amazing song! Verrückte Jungs—Blümchen—My avatar.
Image

User avatar
Velict
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:07 pm UTC
Location: Icecrown Citadel

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Velict » Wed May 12, 2010 3:40 am UTC

I think I did pretty well on the AP Bio exam. I evidently bullshitted my way through the first written question (somehow nailing the final part of it, too). I don't recall any particularly difficult questions on the multiple choice, either.

Art History, though? I'm doomed :cry:

User avatar
Vox Imperatoris
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 am UTC
Location: Alabama

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Wed May 12, 2010 3:47 am UTC

Velict wrote:I think I did pretty well on the AP Bio exam. I evidently bullshitted my way through the first written question (somehow nailing the final part of it, too). I don't recall any particularly difficult questions on the multiple choice, either.

Art History, though? I'm doomed :cry:


Yeah, multiple choice was pretty straightforward.

I would advise anyone to take both the U.S. and Comparative Government Exams. Even if you just read the review book, they're ridiculously easy.
Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
17/♂/Heterosexual/US/Atheist/Objectivist
Tigion wrote:Gods, [Mafia] is like poker, 'cept harder.

Nu Știu Să Fiu Numai Pentru Tine—Andreea Bălan—Amazing song! Verrückte Jungs—Blümchen—My avatar.
Image

User avatar
Josephine
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Josephine » Wed May 12, 2010 4:18 am UTC

Yeah, almost everyone I've heard it from bombed the first essay on AP Bio. I wrote a little short thing about insulin. didn't even know the other hormone. I'm hoping for a 4.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

User avatar
No301
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 4:39 pm UTC
Location: Warren, MI
Contact:

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby No301 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:44 pm UTC

Only had one AP class this year and it was AP US History. Did fairly well i think, at least a 4. I only had issues with the 3rd Essay(the 2nd free responce) other that that i did great. And most of my class had issues with the same essay
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled

User avatar
Vox Imperatoris
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 am UTC
Location: Alabama

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Wed May 12, 2010 8:08 pm UTC

No301 wrote:Only had one AP class this year and it was AP US History. Did fairly well i think, at least a 4. I only had issues with the 3rd Essay(the 2nd free responce) other that that i did great. And most of my class had issues with the same essay


I talked about women's roles in temperance (WTCU/Anti-Saloon League) and in labor movements (Mother Jones, Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire).

English Language today was ridiculously easy; the multiple choice was just like the ACT Reading (or even easier), which I got a 36 on. The essay prompts weren't particularly great, but I think I wrote some pretty good essays.
Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
17/♂/Heterosexual/US/Atheist/Objectivist
Tigion wrote:Gods, [Mafia] is like poker, 'cept harder.

Nu Știu Să Fiu Numai Pentru Tine—Andreea Bălan—Amazing song! Verrückte Jungs—Blümchen—My avatar.
Image

User avatar
mmmcannibalism
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:16 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby mmmcannibalism » Wed May 12, 2010 9:28 pm UTC

Vox Imperatoris wrote:
No301 wrote:Only had one AP class this year and it was AP US History. Did fairly well i think, at least a 4. I only had issues with the 3rd Essay(the 2nd free responce) other that that i did great. And most of my class had issues with the same essay


I talked about women's roles in temperance (WTCU/Anti-Saloon League) and in labor movements (Mother Jones, Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire).

English Language today was ridiculously easy; the multiple choice was just like the ACT Reading (or even easier), which I got a 36 on. The essay prompts weren't particularly great, but I think I wrote some pretty good essays.


If its been 48 hours, what were all the US history essays? I'm just curious since mine were so bad last year.

The english language today wasn't bad, I feel great except for my first essay.
Izawwlgood wrote:I for one would happily live on an island as a fuzzy seal-human.

Oregonaut wrote:Damn fetuses and their terroist plots.

User avatar
Chocceh
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:34 pm UTC
Location: Californialand
Contact:

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Chocceh » Wed May 12, 2010 10:24 pm UTC

English was awesome. I've never been able to find the purpose in rhetorical device essays, so I'm SO lucky they included it in the prompt. And my open essay was pretty damn good, too. And my synthesis was nice... DAMN, I just loved that test.

The only question I skipped was the one with* in the endnotes. I've never heard of that.

*edited out because I'm a paranoid bastard who doesn't feel like getting scores cancelled
Last edited by Chocceh on Thu May 13, 2010 4:35 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Okay

User avatar
Vox Imperatoris
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 am UTC
Location: Alabama

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 pm UTC

Chocceh wrote:English was awesome. I've never been able to find the purpose in rhetorical device essays, so I'm SO lucky they included it in the prompt. And my open essay was pretty damn good, too. And my synthesis was nice... DAMN, I just loved that test.


It's not like they needed to tell you the purpose of that analytical essay.

mmmcannibalism wrote:
Vox Imperatoris wrote:
No301 wrote:Only had one AP class this year and it was AP US History. Did fairly well i think, at least a 4. I only had issues with the 3rd Essay(the 2nd free responce) other that that i did great. And most of my class had issues with the same essay


I talked about women's roles in temperance (WTCU/Anti-Saloon League) and in labor movements (Mother Jones, Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire).

English Language today was ridiculously easy; the multiple choice was just like the ACT Reading (or even easier), which I got a 36 on. The essay prompts weren't particularly great, but I think I wrote some pretty good essays.


If its been 48 hours, what were all the US history essays? I'm just curious since mine were so bad last year.

The english language today wasn't bad, I feel great except for my first essay.


US History essays were a cakewalk: started off with a DBQ about the influence of the religious values of the Puritans on the political, social, and economic aspects of their society (our teacher—last year, we split it in two—went over this in extreme detail: "city on the hill", fear of Divine punishment, ridiculous work ethic, etc.), then the other two essays I chose were the way the debate about the expansion of slavery into the West led to the Civil War (reams of material there; practically everything you talk about pre-1861) and, as I said, women's roles in reform movements of the late 1800s/early 1900s.
Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
17/♂/Heterosexual/US/Atheist/Objectivist
Tigion wrote:Gods, [Mafia] is like poker, 'cept harder.

Nu Știu Să Fiu Numai Pentru Tine—Andreea Bălan—Amazing song! Verrückte Jungs—Blümchen—My avatar.
Image

User avatar
rath358
The bone of my bone
Posts: 944
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:02 am UTC
Location: west Camberville

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby rath358 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:29 am UTC

I rocked AP Chem, easily a 5
English Lang, probably a 5, but definitely a 4. Synthesis was pretty good (though I had tangent poblems...), and the open one was really fun. At first, I had no clue about answering it, but after I started it, things worked out fine. I even got an xkcd reference in!

Chocceh, I also had no clue about that one, but any discussion of those questions could get the fora in a lot of trouble, so please refrain from discussion. sorry!

Chuff
CHOO CHOO I'M A TRAIN
Posts: 1018
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 am UTC
Location: The Purple Valley, Mass

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Chuff » Thu May 13, 2010 1:14 am UTC

I feel really lucky to be in Alberta, after all this talk about the first question being hard. The Alberta Education curriculum has a ton of stuff about the endocrine system so I knew all about Insulin and Glucagon. I'm almost certain I got a 5.

As for English Language, I agree, multiple choice was super easy. I think my synthesis and rhetorical analysis went well as well, although my argument essay was weak. I'm pretty sure I got at least a 4, though.
The Great Hippo wrote:The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.
addams wrote:How human of him. "If, they can do it, then, I can do it." Humans. Pfft. Poor us.

User avatar
Velict
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:07 pm UTC
Location: Icecrown Citadel

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Velict » Thu May 13, 2010 1:29 am UTC

Was I the only one who took the Art History exam? Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad.

User avatar
rubber314chicken
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:07 am UTC

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby rubber314chicken » Thu May 13, 2010 3:09 am UTC

Ap Calc BC. Its been 48 hours, so here goes:

I think I totally bombed the last two free response. I felt confident, but a couple stupid mistakes in (like mixing up x and y in the given point resulting in the wrong estimate for euler's method, and forgetting the formula, so the work I actually showed was sparse at best) and 6 killed me. I did fine with the AB portion of it, but the BC portion was a pain.


Stats. Again, 48 (AP POLICE, DON'T SHOOT!!!!!)

Pretty good, but 6 killed me. I really didn't know Chi-squared outside of the calculator (as that was how we were taught it) so I took a mean and standard deviation of the points we had for it, and B.S.'d the last part. But aside from that I'm fairly confident in my work.
Official Thread-Jacker

SecondTalon wrote:Semen! I said semen! tee hee!

cpp789
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:20 am UTC
Location: Near Chicago

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby cpp789 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:26 am UTC

Took BC already, very confident that I got a 5, I think I narrowly missed 100%.

Macro and micro econ tomorrow, hoping for 5's, but not entirely sure. We have a notoriously tough teacher for econ who really over prepares us, and I'm pretty sure he's been lying to us about the raw percentage cutoffs for a 5.

Also, they didn't give a time limit on talking about multiple choice questions. So, can my score still be nullified 20 years from now if I mention a problem to someone (in theory)?

User avatar
Vox Imperatoris
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 am UTC
Location: Alabama

Re: 2010 AP tests discussion thread!

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Thu May 13, 2010 4:20 am UTC

cpp789 wrote:Also, they didn't give a time limit on talking about multiple choice questions. So, can my score still be nullified 20 years from now if I mention a problem to someone (in theory)?


Right. You can never talk about them because they use some the same questions every year to see how hard the test was in comparison to previous years.
Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
17/♂/Heterosexual/US/Atheist/Objectivist
Tigion wrote:Gods, [Mafia] is like poker, 'cept harder.

Nu Știu Să Fiu Numai Pentru Tine—Andreea Bălan—Amazing song! Verrückte Jungs—Blümchen—My avatar.
Image


Return to “School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests