Going Abroad for further studies

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Afif_D

Going Abroad for further studies

Postby Afif_D » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:54 am UTC

I am a resident of India studying Computer Science and Engineering(Under Graduate). I am a first year student. I wish to go abroad for higher studies. All I have figured out is about GRE and I am totally blank about it.
I wish to know a few things:-
1.When am I to appear for GRE?
2.How does it help me go abroad to some reputed institution in pursue of my Masters degree?
3.How do I take preparation for it?
4.Which Unviersities are best to get admission to?

Jorpho

Re: Going Abroad for further studies

Postby Jorpho » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:42 am UTC

These are rather meaningless questions. "Which universities are best to get admission to" depends entirely on where you want to go and what you want to do and why you want to go abroad for higher studies in the first place. Your other questions depend largely on which universities you want to apply to.

If you don't even know how it would help you to "go abroad to some reputed institution", why do you want to do it at all?

You are probably better off talking first to people at your current university in India, and then talking to people at particular universities you might want to attend.

Return to “School”