Unsounded

For those sublime unions of literature and art.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

PeteP
What the peck?

Unsounded

Postby PeteP » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:45 pm UTC

Since I couldn't find a Unsounded thread http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch01/ch01_01.html The first chapter might not be the best beginning for the story, since some drop it because Sette can be a bit annoying in the beginning, and the main plot doesn't really start just yet. But I recommend persisting, I think it's quite good.
Anyway what I really wanted to say when searching for the thread:
Here is a short story about Duane while studying, I don't recommend reading it before reading the comic. (NSFW)
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/Stories/emanations.html
Comic and short story spoiler
Spoiler:
It makes me cringe a bit to see him being a bigot. It's not surprising, since he is very hung up about the rules of his society. He is already undead but still insists on keeping the duelling rules when fighting an enemy who has no intention to do so. Hmm maybe I should reread the comic pages about him and his daughter after this, she is into magic too.
Also, I wonder whether the character will ever appear in the main story, since it's just a side story most comic readers don't know.

Joeldi

Re: Unsounded

Postby Joeldi » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:04 am UTC

Oh, this is pretty goood. Love stumbling across a new comic.
I already have a hate thread. Necromancy > redundancy here, so post there.

roc314 wrote:America is a police state that communicates in txt speak...

"i hav teh dissentors brb""¡This cheese is burning me! u pwnd them bff""thx ur cool 2"

Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.

Postby Yakk » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:06 pm UTC

So a book is about to wrap up.

If you start reading from the start now, you'll hit the end of a plot arc about when you get to it.

There are some important plot bits that call back to some seeming "artistic" choices from the first book as actually being information. Clever.
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Mambrino

Postby Mambrino » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:06 am UTC

Well discussion about this comic is moving on glacial scale even for xkcd fora standards, but ... that's just fine!

Spoiler:
PeteP wrote:It makes me cringe a bit to see him being a bigot. It's not surprising, since he is very hung up about the rules of his society. He is already undead but still insists on keeping the duelling rules when fighting an enemy who has no intention to do so. Hmm maybe I should reread the comic pages about him and his daughter after this, she is into magic too.

This is why I like Duane. (As a character, of course.) He is an upstanding figure who sticks to his principles with an adamant immovable righteousness, felt almost like too idealized great father in his private life in the flashback sequence, and while the ethico-moral framework he works on is a bit more ...fantasy-fascist than I'd like ... it really isn't unrecognizable. Because there is a certain point in sticking to the "honor", such as dueling rules, even when they don't make sense, and he gets it. And the fantasy bit allows to overlook the fascist bit.

Return to “Comics/Graphic Novels”