British graphic novel illustrators

For those sublime unions of literature and art.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

incidente

Postby incidente » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:34 am UTC

Hello,

I wanted to ask a question to the gurus of this forum. Can anybody suggest British/English graphic novel illustrators? If their illustrations have a noir tint it would be even better!

Thanks!

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Re: British graphic novel illustrators

Postby ahammel » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:56 pm UTC

Eddie Campbell (Scottish, drew From Hell)?
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

alurker

Postby alurker » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:50 am UTC

The wikipedia page "Category:British graphic novelists" contains about 20 novelists, but the only illustrator I found was Ian Miller: "a British fantasy illustrator and writer best known for his quirkily etched gothic style and macabre sensibility, and noted for his book and magazine cover and interior illustrations" and "Miller has also produced imagery for two graphic novels, the first, The Luck in the Head, with writer M. John Harrison[27] and a second with James Herbert called The City".

GameKiz

Postby GameKiz » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:31 pm UTC

Has anybody else read The Crow by James OBarr or From Hell by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell? Im sure many horror comic aficionados will be quick to tell me that these are not horror, but I think that they should be able to edge in to the forum as they are on the darker side of the graphic novel spectrum. At the moment, they are my two favourite comic books/graphic novels.
Also, I would be eternally grateful to anyone who knows of a good comic book/graphic novel supplier based in the UK that I can order from online? Thankyou in advance to anyone who can help.

Pixiesquid

Postby Pixiesquid » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:27 am UTC

Paul Duffield for sure, though his art isn't really noir. More in the fantasy vein. He worked on freak angels with Warren ellis. I think it's still up for free online

Return to “Comics/Graphic Novels”