New site layout

Official site news [DEPRECATED]

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates

xkcd
Site Ninja

New site layout

Postby xkcd » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:53 am UTC

There's a new site layout as well as a news forum for official updates about things.

The layout is courtesy a web designer friend named Drew. The old site design was cobbled together from HTML from my 1997 eighth-grade computer science class forced violently into the modern era via heavy blows with a shovel. This new design is all Web 2.0-tastic, and more importantly it looks consistent, renders properly, and doesn't explode and stuff. For those of you on IE (a minority, it turns out), we're working on making it work with a few quirks of your browser. Everything should look good; if you see anything broken, let me know!

More news to come! Right now I'm just trying to get stuff straightened out. Also, new comic up in a couple minutes!

davean
Site Ninja

Re: New site layout

Postby davean » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:18 am UTC

xkcd wrote:The old site design was cobbled together from HTML from my 1997 eighth-grade computer science class forced violently into the modern era via heavy blows with a shovel.

Is that where it came from? We shall never speak of it again,

xkcd wrote:This new design is all Web 2.0-tastic, and more importantly it looks consistent, renders properly, and doesn't explode and stuff.

I'll give you doesn't explode. 2.0-tastic is to come.

xkcd wrote: For those of you on IE (a minority, it turns out), we're working on making it work with a few quirks of your browser. Everything should look good; if you see anything broken, let me know!

Just remember, someone does love you, xkcd got the short straw though this time.

xkcd wrote:Also, new comic up in a couple minutes!

Thats one less in the queue, get to work.

Shoofle

Postby Shoofle » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:12 pm UTC

Ack! Blobbies!
Now then, you need to do some original work on the website. You need to add some embedded midis! Lower quality is better.

author-unknown

Postby author-unknown » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:01 pm UTC

Looks great!
The boolean value of whether I am wearing pants is equal to False.

Return to “News”