Diablo Mafia - Day 6 (The End)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:12 am UTC

Carlington wrote:Quotes are painful on phone. bessie, I don't see what you're not getting about my answer, I'm sorry. If plytho's power doesn't work if he's targeted, then it would fail (except now no because it's been claimed I was redirected to adnapemit). If I targeted plytho with a doctor and was redirected to someone who plytho targeted with a kill then his power would fail. This is somewhat less likely, I grant you, but I have to consider every possibility if there's a chance my power caused plytho's to fail.


So, you were saying that you may have cause plytho's power to fail, if their power fails if someone targets them?

That's...a bit of a leap there. It is possible, but I wouldn't put it high on the probability list that someone's power fails because they are targeted (in general, not by roleblock or other)

This also begs the question, why did you target plytho with a doctor? (Apologies if you have already answered this, I might have missed it?)

Sabrar's insistence on the whole 'lynch mafia or SK' debate is, quite frankly, laughable. It all relies on a hypothetical situation where we know for sure who the SK is, and who a mafia member is. At this stage of the game, it doesn't matter too much who we lynch between SK and mafia.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby bessie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:51 am UTC

Relevant timeline

3/16/17 3:55pm Day 3 starts.

[ a lot of posts happen here]

3/18/17 7:37pm plytho claims his N2 action did not succeed, thinks he was roleblocked.
3/18/17 10:55pm bessie requests mod prod on Carlington.
3/19/17 1:02am Carlington’s first D3 post. Nothing to report from N2.
3/19/17 2:37am Addendum to earlier post, he did use a power but didn’t gain any useful information from it. Speculates that he was the reason there was only one kill and/or the reason plytho’s power failed.
3/20/17 12:16am Carlington claims he targeted plytho with a doctor save.
3/20/17 9:08am jimbob claims he redirected Carlington to adnapemit.

And, quoted so that there is no question as to your claim.
Carlington wrote:To elaborate on my claim - I did use a power last night, but I didn't necessarily gain any useful information from it. It is, however, possible that I was the reason there was only one kill last night and/or the reason plytho's power failed. I'm sure everyone playing can follow what I'm saying here. I do want to note that this soft claim doesn't cover my entire power.

Carlington, for the third time, how does you targeting plytho with a doctor power cause plytho’s power to fail? The claim that jimbob redirected you is irrelevant, he had not claimed it when you claimed you used a doctor power.

Gopher of Pern wrote:So, you were saying that you may have cause plytho's power to fail, if their power fails if someone targets them?
Oh, is that what he is trying to say? How did I miss that? So Carlington, when you made the post quoted above, you thought that you may have caused plytho's action to fail because you considered the possibility that he has a power that fails if he is targeted by a doctor?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:32 am UTC

Madge wrote:I'm completely baffled why Sabrar has not claimed a power at this point. He's about to be lynched, how could it possibly hurt? Makes me think that he doesn't have anything "good" to claim...
Powers don't necessarily reflect alignment in this game so I don't see what claiming would prove. Plus it's better if scum don't know just yet what ability I had.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Sabrar's insistence on the whole 'lynch mafia or SK' debate is, quite frankly, laughable. It all relies on a hypothetical situation where we know for sure who the SK is, and who a mafia member is. At this stage of the game, it doesn't matter too much who we lynch between SK and mafia.
You still haven't read my content, did you? It's not about what we know, it's about how SDK proposef an anti-town strategy. Plus it's provably better for us to lynch SK. It's like you're not even trying.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:44 am UTC

EBWOP: *proposed

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4384
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:10 am UTC

Reads list-

bessie: bessie's exchange with Carlington is quite interesting. Points out that Carlington didn't believe there was an SK in D2, and has now switched to taking credit for blocking them D3, and then further interrogates him about how being a doctor could have prevent plytho's power and why he was alluding to this. Has been needling Carlington since D2 for content and then poking holes in it as soon as it shows up. Almost certainly town.

plytho: Noting for the record that plytho has switched votes from the losing bandwagon to the winning bandwagon in both of the lynches so far, and, in both cases, his vote ended up being fairly decisive. His reasoning in the first vote seemed fine. The latter felt fairly thin. His content still remains solid, however. I think it's more likely that his indecision is just the way he tries to figure things out, but especially the second vote feels off to me. Still probably town, but I'm less sure than I was.

adnapemit: Much busier D3 than earlier days, which is good to see. Feels Carlington is scummy and possibly SK, but preferred to resolve the Znirk business in D2. Skeptical of Sabrar/Red Vex connection. Indicates preference for lynching Sabrar or Carlington--leaning doesn't want to hammer. I still don't have a great read on her overall. Nothing strikes me as particularly scummy beyond that she's been lurking.

Gopher of Pern: Fairly quiet D3. Like freezeblade (though not NEARLY to the same degree), when you filter out his Sabrar content he's a bit sparse. I don't have any strong feelings one way or another as a result.

Madge: Very much seems to be doing her own thing in a way that I don't really understand. I think if it weren't for the miller claim, Madge would definitely be down near the scummy end of my list. I know she claims not to like read lists, but I have to admit I do find them helpful in at least saying something about every player (especially as she currently puts Sabrar as town, which I think puts her in very rare territory indeed). She has some connection with jimbob that seems subtle, but sufficiently interesting that she believes it could show him to be scum if she dies if I'm reading this correctly. Which seems odd considering that jimbob has been more or less confirmed by mod.
Er.
Wait.
Technically speaking only Wirt has been confirmed as survivor by mod, which everyone naturally took to be jimbob. I will pointedly ignore any possible implications of this line of reasoning because it's too outlandish........ That said I'm going to mark her down from "Confirmed Town" as I had said before because I am having trouble rationalizing her behaviour, and this bit about jimbob is starting to bother me. I still think she's town, but pretty much only because of the miller claim at this point.

jimbob: Confirmed survivor (ignoring the vanishingly unlikely note above). Still contributing a lot to discussions and appears to be siding with town for now.

mpolo/SDK: Going to reserve judgment until I have a bit more content to go off. I'll note for later that he marked freezeblade as town despite not commenting on him at all and marked jimbob as town despite commenting that his behaviour was scummy, for what it's worth.

Carlington: The interactions between Carlington and plytho have been bothering me.
Carlington wrote:plytho - Wonders whether SirG was really the kill target from last night. Makes a good point about JDU's kill-counting power.


This is quite ambiguous, because not far above this, plytho made both of these comments:
plytho wrote:I'm trying to match that with the night kill count and the fact that JDU's secondary power implies more than one night kill.

plytho wrote:That would make JDU's kill counting power a red herring?

There's no quotation, so it's not clear which comment he's referring to here. I think the implication is the former, but I'm not sure why he's attributing this to plytho, since the idea that this power implied an SK would brought up by several people in D2, with I think Gopher being first. Considering that this was one of the pieces of evidence being used against him as SK at the end of D2, it's a little odd that he would comment on plytho's mention of it only on D3.

Then there's these:
Carlington wrote:plytho stands out as town to me

A day later, plytho appears as Carlington's third scummiest player on his reads list. Then there's these:
Carlington wrote:[plytho's] analysis of freezeblade, adnapemit, and I makes me believe that if he is scum then his teammate is Sabrar. Probably not scum, but this will be re-evaluated if Sabrar turns out to be scum. (This isn't a bi-directional "if and only if" type scenario - I can see a couple of potential scumteams for scum!Sabrar, but if plytho flips scum then I think the only possible scummate is Sabrar).

Carlington wrote:I targeted plytho last night with a doctor save. My actual power is not a doctor, though.

Carlington wrote:Because you [plytho] were actually a neutral read, as I have explained when previously asked this question. Despite your position on the list at that time, I didn't believe you to be likely scum. Still don't.


Then also, plytho was the critical vote that switched the lynch from freezeblade to Carlington to Znirk, which Carlington hasn't commented on (in fact, he hasn't commented on the D2 voting at all, actually). OTOH, using a doctor save on someone that you think is scummy, even if the scummy end of neutral, doesn't make a whole lot of sense (I think it's somewhat likely that this is a lie though). I don't see how all of these fit together really well, but something here definitely feels wrong to me. Overall his play has definitely felt a bit shady, but the interactions with plytho in particular just don't make sense at all. Fairly certain he's scum. Not sure if plytho is somehow implicated here or just a red herring. I suspect the latter since plytho is pretty townie.

freezeblade: Most of his content is tunneling on Sabrar. Little more than a cursory glance at other players. On the one hand, I am inclined to agree that Sabrar is probably scum, which would point to freezeblade not being scum. OTOH, the lack of analysis or opinions on a lot of other players strikes, as well as the non-vote D1 and the late vote-switch D2 all strike me as fairly scummy. freezeblade is also doesn't seem to have any opinion on the SK!Carlington question, or the SK in general, which seems odd since I think nearly every other player falls on one side or the other. A few others have suggested Carlington/freezeblade being in a faction, which seems somewhat plausible to me. If Sabrar flips anything but scum, freezeblade is definitely scum. Even if Sabrar does flip scum, I think freezeblade still may be scum as well, for that matter.

Sabrar:
Getting back to this:
And now we turn to math to prove that SDK is SK


I don't actually disagree with most of this. From 6-3-1-1, none of the options are particularly good if we lose too many townies tonight. My inclination is that lynching the SK is probably better than scum if we can be certain that we're hitting the right person. If nothing else, we'd presumably have better luck protecting ourselves against one NK instead of two. The problem for me is that of my three scum picks, I can make a plausible case for any of them being the SK, as well as, possibly, a few of the townier players.

Sabrar wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:You also claimed your D1 PM revealed this info as well as confirming Znirk as survivor.

This is not. Key-word: it was not revelead, just hinted at.


What you said was
Upon reading the flavor in my role-pm several times I came to two conclusions:
1. Red Vex is not a threat to us.

and
I convinced myself that it was because of scum!jimbob's ability as having Znirk's alignment 'confirmed' by two separate means seemed overkill.


These quotes certainly give the impression that it's a lot more than "hinted" at.

Sabrar wrote:I'm Lazarus.


Well then. I guess we may get to figure out if my theory that all scum are demons turns out to be true or not.


An idea that's been percolating in my mind is that I'm reasonably certain that Carlington, freezeblade, and Sabrar are all scum, but I don't think freezeblade and Sabrar are co-aligned. Most likely, two of the three are scum and the third is either SK or some other anti-town indie, but it's possible there are two scum factions that don't know about each other and/or are working against each other. I'd say most likely it's Carlington/freezeblade together with Sabrar on the outside, but it could also be Carlington/Sabrar with freezeblade alone (or with someone else).

Overall:
Town:
LaserGuy
bessie
plytho
Madge

Unsure:
SDK
adnapemit

Neutral:
jimbob
Gopher

Scum:
Carlington
Freezeblade
Sabrar

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:18 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Sabrar's insistence on the whole 'lynch mafia or SK' debate is, quite frankly, laughable. It all relies on a hypothetical situation where we know for sure who the SK is, and who a mafia member is. At this stage of the game, it doesn't matter too much who we lynch between SK and mafia.
You still haven't read my content, did you? It's not about what we know, it's about how SDK proposef an anti-town strategy. Plus it's provably better for us to lynch SK. It's like you're not even trying.


Provably better, maybe. It's still good to lynch either. Or are you saying its bad to lynch scum?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:40 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Provably better, maybe.
Please explain what is your thought-process behind this 'maybe'. Do you need more time to think about it? Do you disagree with the logic? After all, you called it 'laughable'.
You posted this earlier:
Gopher of Pern wrote:At this stage of the game, it doesn't matter too much who we lynch between SK and mafia.
What were you thinking about here? That leaving 2 scum-kills in the game is the same as leaving just 1?

Gopher of Pern wrote:Or are you saying its bad to lynch scum?
And that is called classic straw man. Please point out where I said or even implied it.

Honestly I'll be laughing my ass off when the rest of the Town fails to lynch you and loses because of it. It will be a small consolation prize.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:13 am UTC

bessie wrote:So if the SK kills town, D4 is 4-2-1-1, favorable for SK in so much that town must aim for mafia on D4, and night 4 will be 4-1-1-1, mafia and SK need to aim for each other because if they both go for town D5 is 2-1-1-1 and jimbob will side with mafia or town (he can’t win with the SK).
Thank you for taking the time and going through the analysis. This is the part where I don't agree with you, at 2-1-1-1 jimbob can't yet side with mafia because they don't have the numbers. He also can't necessarily side with town because it won't be known who town is. In my opinion SK has the most chance to win here among all scenarios.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:21 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:These quotes certainly give the impression that it's a lot more than "hinted" at.
I'm like bessie in that regard, can draw long-reaching conclusions from tiny matters.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:53 am UTC

I didn't disagree with your logic. Your insistence on it being the be all and end all is laughable.

Simply put, it's all a huge red herring. We can't prove who is and who is not SK vs mafia, so what is your point?

You are also forgetting the chances that scum and SK might kill each other. They don't have knowledge of everything.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:03 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:so what is your point?
You've just proven that you don't actually read what I write.
Sabrar wrote:No, my point is that SDK's opinion of leaving the SK alive is anti-town
Sabrar wrote:SDK's point was that we should lynch scum instead of SK because then SK will help us. This has been proven to be wrong.
Sabrar wrote:It's not about what we know, it's about how SDK proposed an anti-town strategy.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Madge » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:55 am UTC

Impromptu trip to rottnest, thanks to ingress, so don't really have the ability to post before deadline. I did take a quokka selfie though. I will be back in 24 hours!
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby plytho » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:58 am UTC

Some more on Carlington who hasn't explained his claim to my satisfaction.
Carlington wrote:To elaborate on my claim - I did use a power last night, but I didn't necessarily gain any useful information from it. It is, however, possible that I was the reason there was only one kill last night and/or the reason plytho's power failed. I'm sure everyone playing can follow what I'm saying here. I do want to note that this soft claim doesn't cover my entire power.
Emphasis mine.
Carlington wrote:I targeted plytho last night with a doctor save. My actual power is not a doctor, though.
Carlington wrote: If plytho's power doesn't work if he's targeted, then it would fail (except now no because it's been claimed I was redirected to adnapemit). If I targeted plytho with a doctor and was redirected to someone who plytho targeted with a kill then his power would fail. This is somewhat less likely, I grant you, but I have to consider every possibility if there's a chance my power caused plytho's to fail.

That bolded sentence doesn't make sense. I would expect 'everyone' to see that first claim as a roleblocker claim.
Carlington seems to be saying that everyone can follow that if he caused my action to fail it's because 'targeting plytho causes plytho's power to fail' or 'Carlington's doctor power was redirected to plytho's kill target'. Did anyone come to that conclusion from the claim because to me that seems like quite a stretch?

Without that bolded sentence the whole thing might at least be a little believable. As in, 'I targeted plytho, perhaps that's related to the failed action' is a reasonable thing to think. But saying your claim is obvious when it clearly isn't seems like you're either trying to communicate to someone or changing your mind about your claim. Also, saying your claim doesn't cover your entire power is a nice way to false claim some powers like roleblocker/doctor and if you're counterclaimed go for a JOAT claim. Perhaps you were afraid of being counterclaimed by roleblocker and decided to go for a doctor power claim as the doctor is already gone.

For the record: nothing in my role pm hints at being blocked when targeted (or anything like that)

Gopher of Pern wrote:This also begs the question, why did you target plytho with a doctor? (Apologies if you have already answered this, I might have missed it?)

Sort of answered here:
Carlington wrote:
plytho wrote:
If my prodding D3 led you to have another look why would you have used a doctor save on me (at that point your second scummiest read) N2?

Because you were actually a neutral read, as I have explained when previously asked this question. Despite your position on the list at that time, I didn't believe you to be likely scum. Still don't.

but again, not to my satisfaction. Why would you protect a neutral read instead of a town read and why me specifically?

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:2. I think I almost picked up the pun as I found myself thinking what the D would stand for if the S and K in SDK are “serial” and “killer”, my conclusion was that you and bessie should be afraid.
:lol: ... :lol: ... :shock:

Yeah, I realised a while after posting that it's quite a dark joke :? .

Gopher of Pern wrote:Simply put, it's all a huge red herring. We can't prove who is and who is not SK vs mafia, so what is your point?

Sabrar's point should be pretty obvious by now.

I probably won't post anymore before deadline but might answer questions. I probably won't be around at deadline and don't intend to do any vote switching today :).
he him his

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:58 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:Barring someone making some big reveal or slip up, I think there's not much else to learn or analyze on this day.
Deadline has been shifted partly because you complained that it was so close to the weekend and now that's all you've got to say?
Such fun playing this game with so active participants.

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby SDK » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:27 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Some more on Carlington who hasn't explained his claim to my satisfaction.
Carlington wrote:To elaborate on my claim - I did use a power last night, but I didn't necessarily gain any useful information from it. It is, however, possible that I was the reason there was only one kill last night and/or the reason plytho's power failed. I'm sure everyone playing can follow what I'm saying here. I do want to note that this soft claim doesn't cover my entire power.
Emphasis mine.
Carlington wrote:I targeted plytho last night with a doctor save. My actual power is not a doctor, though.
Carlington wrote: If plytho's power doesn't work if he's targeted, then it would fail (except now no because it's been claimed I was redirected to adnapemit). If I targeted plytho with a doctor and was redirected to someone who plytho targeted with a kill then his power would fail. This is somewhat less likely, I grant you, but I have to consider every possibility if there's a chance my power caused plytho's to fail.

That bolded sentence doesn't make sense. I would expect 'everyone' to see that first claim as a roleblocker claim.
Carlington seems to be saying that everyone can follow that if he caused my action to fail it's because 'targeting plytho causes plytho's power to fail' or 'Carlington's doctor power was redirected to plytho's kill target'. Did anyone come to that conclusion from the claim because to me that seems like quite a stretch?

Without that bolded sentence the whole thing might at least be a little believable. As in, 'I targeted plytho, perhaps that's related to the failed action' is a reasonable thing to think. But saying your claim is obvious when it clearly isn't seems like you're either trying to communicate to someone or changing your mind about your claim. Also, saying your claim doesn't cover your entire power is a nice way to false claim some powers like roleblocker/doctor and if you're counterclaimed go for a JOAT claim. Perhaps you were afraid of being counterclaimed by roleblocker and decided to go for a doctor power claim as the doctor is already gone.[\quote]
This is solid. We should definitely lynch Carlington at some point. Probably tomorrow.

More later.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby SDK » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:29 pm UTC

Weird. The forum is throwing in [/quote]'s for me when I don't want them. I can't seem to fix that post, but you get the idea.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:11 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Sabrar's wagon seems as pure as pure can be otherwise, so no concerns there at this point.
Buddying or actual scum/cult-buddies.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby bessie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:58 pm UTC

I think Carlington was trying to leave himself too many options open when he made that initial claim claim. He waited too long to post on D3, then had to respond to the modprod.

I think this line of discussion scared him off from claiming roleblocker or jailer.

LaserGuy wrote:I really doubt the presence of multiple roleblockers, but there are alternate explanations that could explain multiple people appearing to get null results on their actions that wouldn't require anything too far-fetched (for example, one or more of you targeted a commuter).


Sabrar wrote:
SDK wrote:Sabrar's wagon seems as pure as pure can be otherwise, so no concerns there at this point.
Buddying or actual scum/cult-buddies.
Who is SDK buddying?

Updated list

bessie
mpolo/SDK
Madge
plytho
LaserGuy
Gopher of Pern
freezeblade
adnapemit
jimbobmacdoodle
Sabrar
Carlington

Sorry for putting you so low on the list jimbobmacdoodle. I believe your claim, but you can (and should) switch sides as it benefits you to fulfill your win condition.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 3 (Demons Abound)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:00 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Who is SDK buddying?
The rest of my wagon, i.e. freezeblade and Gopher of Pern.

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Night 3 (Mutiny)

Postby dimochka » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:15 pm UTC

Unlike the previous days, today the townspeople were intent on finding those who are killing their brothers and sisters. There were fewer disagreements as they chose Sabrar as the one who was bringing in the demons. Even as he claimed to be the King's loyal servant and adviser, several mentioned that they haven't seen him in weeks, or the king for that matter (though, as Wirt mentioned, the King's knights rarely make it to town, else he would have taken full advantage of it).

And so they filled a cup with the most potent poison they have and forced Sabrar to drink it. Surely it should be as effective on demons, if he is one?The sun was already below the horizon, and thus everyone returned to their homes, where they felt mildly safer than out in the street.


Final D3 Votals:
Sabrar - 4 (SDK, freezeblade, Gopher of Pern, LaserGuy)
Freezeblade - 1 (Sabrar)
Carlington - 1 (plytho)

Not Voting: everyone else

Sabrar has been lynched. Alignment and role will be revealed at the start of the following day.

It is now night. Please send me all night actions by N3 deadline [Click here!] in 2 days. If you have the ability to communicate at night, you may begin to do so now; please do not send any further messages once deadline has been reached, even if I have not declared the start of the following day.

If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Formerly NYC, now LA. He/Him/His please.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby dimochka » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:45 pm UTC

The number of townspeople had dwindled down significantly since the lynching started. Many were exhausted, sleepless, and even delirious. By the time the sun rose, quite a few were already outside, though whether they were fully alert was questionable. However, by the morning several of the villagers decided to finally walk around the tavern to the ditch where they dropped Sabrar's body. It seems Sabrar was not lying - he was indeed Archbishop Lazarus - and the King may not see this attempt at clearing the town of evil from the town's perspective. However, as everyone was going to walk back to town, Farnham (drunk as ever) tripped over Lazarus's hand. And as he fell, a deep red stone rolled out of Lazarus's fist.

"This is the soulstone," exclaimed the Bard, "Cain told me about this evil item! This was supposed to hold Diablo captive!"

And just as the Bard spoke, the sun rays passed over the building and shone over Lazarus's body, showing a very different picture. It was clearly still Lazarus, but whatever it is, was definitely not human. He must have been corrupted by the forces of evil, and likely long ago.


Sabrar is dead. He was Archibishop Lazarus, aligned with scum.
Spoiler:
Role: Archbishop Lazarus
Description: You don't fully know when the sweet words of the Prime Evils entered your consciousness. It must have been back in Kurast, while guarding Mephisto's soulstone. But what you believed or knew no longer matters. Diablo is your master and you will do anything for him. You've already brought him Leoric, but unfortunately that did not work out as planned. The king's son, on the other hand, worked out great. Now you just need to help Diablo clean Tristam up of these pesky villagers, and then make your way back to Kurast to "meet" some of your old friends.
Alignment: You are scum and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated or this outcome is inevitable.
Additional Information: You always liked Adria the Witch. She was a smart woman with a knack for spellcasting. So when Diablo finally shared some of his power with you, she was the first target on your list. It was much easier than you thought to take her out last night; after all, she was an old woman. Interestingly, with that hooded cloak of hers, you think you'll be able to pass for her from a distance.

Abilities:
- You have private night chat with [Redacted].
- Since your one concern was to stay undetected, you rummaged through Adria's spell books. Sadly, none of it made sense to you. Should've kept the damn woman alive... but you did manage to find a scroll of invisibility on your way out. It is now strangely bound to you, but it could prove useful. The scroll acts as a one-shot ninja power, which allows you to perform the factional night kill completely undetected.
- As a confidant of Diablo, you've garnered some respect among the demon "community", and may be able to sway some of them to do your bidding. Should you use the night kill on an appropriate target / given the right circumstances, you may find a supporter. You are unsure, however, how Diablo will feel about your new "management" abilities.


The townspeople finally felt that their actions had paid off. Though there was still much work to be done, at least they eliminated an impostor in their midst. However, their happiness was shortlived as they heard Gillian shouting for help. It seems that she found not one but two bodies in the tavern. The first was that of Ogden, sprawled over the bar looking like he died either from asphyxiation or some kind of magic, the expression of his face anything but calm. The other was of Lester, torn in half by something clearly powerful and not human.

SDK is dead. He was Ogden the Tavern Owner, aligned with town.
Spoiler:
Role: Ogden the Tavern Owner
Description: Keeping the Tavern afloat has been difficult with the few visitors coming to town, but it's the one place people can visit to forget about the demons, the disappearances, and the deaths around. You simply cannot take that away from everyone. Plus it allows you to make sure that Farnham does not drink himself to death, help Gillian out while continuing to persuade her to leave town, and interact with the adventurers that have come into town to investigate the Cathedral. All these interesting personas making their way to the burial grounds, and none coming back. Hopefully that will change soon.
Alignment: You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Abilities:
- You've taken care of Gillian as you would of a daughter, and you often confide in each other regarding the events of the town. You have mason chat with Gillian the Barmaid every night.
- Since you possess the keys to every room in the tavern, you can "accidentally" lock anyone in for the night, effectively jailing them. This does not necessarily guarantee their safety.


Gopher of Pern is dead. He was Lester the Farmer, aligned with town.
Spoiler:
Role: Lester the Farmer
Description: You were always a hard worker and loved the outdoors. Your fields yielded crops that were far better than anyone for tens of miles, and you helped feed the town. But with the Demonic occurrences, your fields stopped producing the same quality crops, and you began thinking of a different profession... or maybe even a different locale altogether.
Alignment: You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Abilities:
- For most of your life you've done nothing but farm. As a result, you have few readily available skills to battle evil. However, you are a fast learner, and can surely help out in town. You start the game with no abilities, but as a universal backup. At the beginning of Day 2, you can email me a town role that was killed on Day 1 or passed away at night (assuming one did), and you will take that role for subsequent nights.
- Because your fields are dead and town is overrun by strange inhuman creatures, you decided to clear your head and figure out your future plans by leaving town for the day. As a result, you will be immune to all actions N1.


And so eight remained - watching each other suspiciously, not knowing whom to trust. But stopping now would be equal to signing everyone's death warrants, and so the discussion of whom to lynch continued.

It is now Day 4. There are 8 people alive, 5 to lynch.
D4 Deadline [Click here!] in about 5 days.


Player list in the first post has been updated.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby SDK » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:10 pm UTC

Make sure... you tip... your server... *ack*
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:28 pm UTC

So, based on what happened last night, we almost definitely have a Serial Killer. Unless someone wants to claim to have vig-killed either SDK or Gopher or be a PGO? Gopher's flip also provides another reason why there might have only been one death N1.

There are 8 left alive. Current possible breakdown by my reckoning: 1 Survivor, 1 Serial Killer, 2-3 Mafia, 3-4 Town. Anybody care to shed any more light on things with claims? It seems like full-claims may be about right now. I did redirect someone last night, and no it had nothing to do with either death. I will claim it fully later.

I'm also going to claim the flavour that hinted at a possible alternative win condition - since Wirt fancies Gillian, he wants to persuade her to leave town with him. I took that to mean that I might get a bonus win or similar if Gillian survives. As stated before, I have no idea if it actually is the case.

Did SDK know Gillian to be Town?

I'm guessing SDK jailed Sabrar N2, but don't know that for certain.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:39 pm UTC

Well that's definitely pointing towards an SK. Good thing we lynched scum. freezeblade moves to the town side of my list. Not so sure about LaserGuy.

If we don't lynch the SK tonight we should expect two kills again next night.

I think we've lost 5 town 1 indie and 1 scum, right? I sure hope we started with 9 town.

Town to scum:
plytho
freezeblade
Madge
Bessie
jimbobmacdoodle
LaserGuy
Carlington
adnapemit

@freezeblade: I realize I've been capitalizing your name the entire time, sorry about that.

@adnapemit: who did you kill, SDK or Gopher of Pern?
he him his

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby Sabrar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:41 pm UTC

I apologize to my Master for letting him (it?) down.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:52 pm UTC

plytho wrote:@adnapemit: who did you kill, SDK or Gopher of Pern?
I assume you're going to explain this comment at some point?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:01 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
plytho wrote:@adnapemit: who did you kill, SDK or Gopher of Pern?
I assume you're going to explain this comment at some point?


I'm a follower, my target was adnapemit. Did you redirect me?
he him his

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:14 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I'm a follower, my target was adnapemit. Did you redirect me?
No, I didn't. I'm not familiar with the follower role. Would you explain it, please?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby bessie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:37 pm UTC

I'm Gillian. I'm also a watcher. I watched SDK last night.
plytho wrote:@adnapemit: who did you kill, SDK or Gopher of Pern?

She must have killed Gopher of Pern. Carlington killed SDK.

Vote: Carlington

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:48 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
plytho wrote:I'm a follower, my target was adnapemit. Did you redirect me?
No, I didn't. I'm not familiar with the follower role. Would you explain it, please?


Looking better I'm not exactly a follower. A follower learns the type of action their target used. I find out the action(s) .

bessie wrote:I'm Gillian. I'm also a watcher. I watched SDK last night.
plytho wrote:@adnapemit: who did you kill, SDK or Gopher of Pern?

She must have killed Gopher of Pern. Carlington killed SDK.

Vote: Carlington


Nice, two great results. Can we figure out which one of the two is most likely SK?

What were your previous results?

N1 I targeted Sabrar and learned he didn't use an action (might have been the ninja one-shot). N2 failed as I already mentioned.
he him his

User avatar
adnapemit
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am UTC
Location: The wrong timezone.

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby adnapemit » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:44 pm UTC

plytho wrote:@adnapemit: who did you kill, SDK or Gopher of Pern?

No one. I targeted LaserGuy last night.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby freezeblade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:00 pm UTC

I have nothing to report from last night, as I had nothing left to use, I see no reason for me not to claim now. I am a Monk of the Brotherhood of the Bough (hence my "has not been mentioned yet" comment earlier in the game), and I had a one-shot commuter power, which I used N2.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4384
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:28 pm UTC

I have nothing to report. I am the Barbarian. I have one-shot bulletproof, but if it successfully blocks a kill, I gain a one-shot vigilante kill for myself.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:44 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
Looking better I'm not exactly a follower. A follower learns the type of action their target used. I find out the action(s) .



Further clarification: I learn the action used, not the target or the success. So it's possible that adnapemit failed and there were three kills last night. But I don't think that's likely.

LaserGuy wrote:I have nothing to report. I am the Barbarian. I have one-shot bulletproof, but if it successfully blocks a kill, I gain a one-shot vigilante kill for myself.


Did you successfully block a kill?
Could this power be used as a delayed kill by scum?
Can scum target one of their own for the kill at night?
he him his

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby freezeblade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:33 pm UTC

So we have:

freezeblade - me
Madge - miller-watcher. Watched SDK, saw Carlington visit.
plytho - Claimed "learns the action used" which points to adnapemit having a killing power which was used
Bessie - Watched SDK, Carlington visited.
jimbobmacdoodle - Indie survivor (depending on our over/under on mafia members left, they may still side with mafia)
LaserGuy - Claimed Barbarian, one-shot bulletproof (not clear if used)
adnapemit - discounting re-direct, killed last night, denies. claims targeted LaserGuy
Carlington - watched by Besse, killing SDK (I believe this to be the mafia kill)

I agree that we must lynch the SK today, as two more townie kills in the night will likely sink us, by either putting them in the majority, or they convince the survivor to side with them. Seeing as how I believe the SDK kill to be the mafia kill, that would put adnapemit in the prime lynch spot for today.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby plytho » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:43 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:I'm Gillian. I'm also a watcher. I watched SDK last night.


Nice, two great results. Can we figure out which one of the two is most likely SK?

What were your previous results?


Ugh I tend to be too fast with these questions, rephrase: assuming you watched some people the previous nights, are there any results from those nights you feel you can share? Perhaps about people that claimed, died or are under strong suspicion. (Like, don't out a strong townie that hasn't claimed yet)

freezeblade wrote:Madge - miller-watcher. Watched SDK, saw Carlington visit.

Did I miss a post from madge?
he him his

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby Madge » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:49 pm UTC

Guys I really screwed up with my softclaiming yesterday and I'm glad I'm awake to fix it. So I apologise.

I'm a roleblocker, Farnham the drunk. I'm a miller because my drunk antics make me seem demonic to some sensibilities.

Targets:

N1: Znirk
N2: Carlington (I originally targted jimbob because I don't want redirectors to complicate things, but I changed to Carlington after nightfall because someone had made a convincing argument for that)
N3: Jimbob (I was going to target Carlington again but couldn't target twice in a row, so I decided to go back to jimbob)

So yeah, my "slight worry" about jimbob was unfounded because I have a poor memory :oops: So sorry guys.

But anyway, on the bright side, based on what we know now it looks like Carlington is confirmed scum?

I can try to roleblock him tonight if we want to try and hit other scum. But scum may have a roleblocker of their own so that's not a guarantee.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby Madge » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:51 pm UTC

@plytho: I think freezeblade just got me mixed up with someone else
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Diablo Mafia - Day 4 (The End is Near)

Postby freezeblade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:53 pm UTC

Apologizes, I did. I'm just getting off a huge meeting with a project lead, and my brain is fried.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jimbobmacdoodle and 12 guests