Crossover Mafia | N4 | 10/19

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/16

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:15 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Since he should be targetting people that seem townie like me/sabrar/maven (who is dead). He wouldn't protect Boom since he scumread him. Frozen didn't seem townie at all. Ryu could have either withheld while his scum buddy confirms for him or he could have sent a kill instead of the supposed 'protection'. There is still the balance issue, and there is still the Boom VS Ryu issue.

This line of thinking was what I was getting at before. If you're assuming Red and Frozen are buddies, Frozen should be the lynch. If they're town, lynching Frozen saves the doctor. If they're scum we expose their lies.

That's why I asked
plytho wrote:Do you think Red would have sent a protection message to his buddy N1 instead of a townie?

Actually sending a note to a buddy sounds like strange strategy for scum N1. If we believe that note wasn't sent we have an easy way to prove it.
he him his

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:16 am UTC

I do, but I'm starting to doubt it ever since I thought of Ryu's reasoning for acting weird + refusing to switch (Note that he made the joke about Dr. Mario in that time as well, so his doctor role was on his mind at the time). I do think Ryu is the best chance at nabbing Scum today.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:17 am UTC

Plytho why didn't you reply to Frozen?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:18 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
But from your pov he would have Town!EGW also confirming that.[/quote]

The more confirmation the better for him. Nothing else I can think of there.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:19 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Plytho why didn't you reply to Frozen?

I didn't realize he asked me a question.
he him his

Evil George Washington

Re: Crossover Mafia | D4 | 10/10

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:22 am UTC

FrozenFlame wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Jeeze, am I allowed to read the thread during times I don't have time to compose a post?

I'm Tyreal from Diablo. Town Vindicator
Twice a game I can watch a player.
Once a game I can kill a player who I have watched visit my target.

N0 I withheld
N1 I watched mpolo - no result
N2 I watched EGW - no result (raises eyebrows at Red)

Ninja: I'm freaking typing.
plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:
N2 I watched EGW - no result (raises eyebrows at Red)
Why EGW?

Plytho is right to ask why EGW I suppose, but I'm wondering how EGW is a more questionable target than fucking mpolo? Are you serious dude? Why in the world would you watch mpolo who's been coasting all game when there were far townier/powerhouse alternatives who were likely to be targeted by shit N1? Atleast EGW was a driving force. But yeah either way both of these choices are lackluster and really require better explanation. And also...

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:23 am UTC

Do you mean this one?
FrozenFlame wrote:Plytho is right to ask why EGW I suppose, but I'm wondering how EGW is a more questionable target than fucking mpolo? Are you serious dude?
I thought this was rhetorical. I found EGW questionable because he claimed to be untargetable N1, I didn't find mpolo questionable because I can see how he might have been a possible kill target N1.
he him his

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:23 am UTC

That's totally a question to BoomFrog.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:24 am UTC

plytho wrote:Do you mean this one?
FrozenFlame wrote:Plytho is right to ask why EGW I suppose, but I'm wondering how EGW is a more questionable target than fucking mpolo? Are you serious dude?
I thought this was rhetorical. I found EGW questionable because he claimed to be untargetable N1, I didn't find mpolo questionable because I can see how he might have been a possible kill target N1.

That is exactly it.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Plytho why didn't you reply to Frozen?
btw, why didn't you reply to me?
he him his

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:28 am UTC

plytho wrote:@EGW: how did you know this was a requirement for megaman?

I didn't know, I made an assumption from seeing that Day 1, Megaman absorbed Moody's power. I missed the question.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:45 am UTC

Boomfrog talk to me. I'd like to know your top 3 today as well.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 am UTC

Thinking about bessie’s power: Yeah, I didn’t expect a category A power here. One potential benefit of this power is that the way the wagons form might be more informative than the usual way? There are going to be three informative phases.
Phase one: competing wagons: who’s voting first? Does anyone start a counterwagon? Who are the competing wagons?
Phase two: tipping point: who places the deciding vote that makes only one wagon viable? Who are they voting for?
Phase three: no-lynch: who fights against the lynch after the tipping point? Does anyone cause no-lynch?
he him his

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:56 am UTC

No, actual competing wagons where people can switch is much more informative imo.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:08 pm UTC

My top 3 is: Red+FF+Plytho or EGW+LaserGuy+(Sabrar or Madge or maybe only 2 scum) I'm not sure which team makes more sense but I'm leaning towards the second right now.

FF is total lynch bait, everyone is happy to lynch him besides Red. If Red and FF are buddies it makes sense only if the last scum is also a very passive player otherwise someone would have spurred FF to get his shit together by now. FF's claim is also very specific which makes me feel it's not made up. Most likely FF is town and there's scum among the players pushing for his lynch, but even more scum among the players passively letting it happen.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 pm UTC

How does your result on Red Ryu factor into your top 3?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:@EGW: Why did you claim untargetable N1? It made you a huge target for no reason.

I explained this already.

At the time I assumed your explination was an attempt to deceive scum, can you explain again for me?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:19 pm UTC

It was to give information to town. At the time I wasn't sure if there were two scum teams, so I posted that when Amrock said he wish he targeted me. It could prove that I may have drawn a second night kill. I explained to Laser that my reads reflected this paranoia D2.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:20 pm UTC

EGW, do think Red's notes are undetectable by a watcher?
he him his

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:23 pm UTC

I don't know. Boom hasn't seemed to detect his notes. Why do you ask?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:26 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:How does your result on Red Ryu factor into your top 3?

Either Red is a ninja note forger or you used barrier N2 and lied about receiving a note, or I was roleblocked/redirected. A is very unlikely but possible, B is weird play by you and seems unlikely, C seems most likely which isn't alignment indicative.

B is why I'm leaning scum on you at the moment since if Red is doc and you push this lynch then I'm next before you go down. And then it's 6 players, so with three scum you'd win before being caught in your lie. You're also being really dodgy about my questions on your power use.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:28 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:FF is total lynch bait, everyone is happy to lynch him besides Red.

What do you think of me pushing Red Ryu ahead of FF? What do you think of Plytho's active questioning towards me of Ryu?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:33 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:I don't know. Boom hasn't seemed to detect his notes. Why do you ask?
I get the feeling that's what you're assuming and I don't understand why.

We know Red visited you. (unless he drops the notes without visiting somehow?)
We also know the notes should be detectable by investigators. (I just don't see why scum/town would claim this otherwise)

So the problem is very likely at BoomFrog's end of the action. Unless you believe Red and his notes are undetectable by watcher.
he him his

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Why did you not use telepathy on PW to establish a hidden signal he can use to tell you his cop result(s)?
Why did you not watch Peaceful Whale since it seems it was soooo obvious to everyone he was a cop?

I had a lot of choices of who to watch. It was clear his power was one shot and that he likely had communicated with you and he was not a strong scum hunter, so I thought it unlikely he would be killed. EGW only had one reasonable target for who would be useful to communicate with. Not using anything N2 or N3 seems pretty weird. It's like he doesn't care about using his message power usefully.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:36 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:FF is total lynch bait, everyone is happy to lynch him besides Red.

What do you think of me pushing Red Ryu ahead of FF? What do you think of Plytho's active questioning towards me of Ryu?

I think if you are scum Red and FF are both town. Plytho is asking the same questions I'm to slow to type, his questioning feels very townie to me.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:37 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:How does your result on Red Ryu factor into your top 3?

Either Red is a ninja note forger or you used barrier N2 and lied about receiving a note, or I was roleblocked/redirected. A is very unlikely but possible, B is weird play by you and seems unlikely, C seems most likely which isn't alignment indicative.

B is why I'm leaning scum on you at the moment since if Red is doc and you push this lynch then I'm next before you go down. And then it's 6 players, so with three scum you'd win before being caught in your lie. You're also being really dodgy about my questions on your power use.

You are basing a scumlean on me on a possibility of Red being doc then you going down by me. That's reading into the future. I believe you over Ryu. You have to also look at my town motivation for pushing Ryu. If and when he flips scum, it helps us stay positive. For you to consider this you need to believe that I lied about me receiving a note (when Sab and Frozen both confirmed they also received it) and that your result is messed up at the same time.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:39 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:It's like he doesn't care about using his message power usefully.

That's true, I don't care much about the message power. Doesn't really do much for me. Best power was the barrier. Paralysis is too risky to use with little information.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:40 pm UTC

BoomFrog, do you think scum!EGW would have switched back from jimbob to moody D1 with Sabrar?
he him his

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:41 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Why did you not use telepathy on PW to establish a hidden signal he can use to tell you his cop result(s)?

It works only one way.

A one way secret message can still do what I proposed. Send a message to PW saying, " in your first post that quotes me include the names of people you've copped as town. Don't include any other names in that post."

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:42 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:It's like he doesn't care about using his message power usefully.

That's true, I don't care much about the message power. Doesn't really do much for me. Best power was the barrier. Paralysis is too risky to use with little information.

So? Better to send a message N2 then do nothing, isn't it?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:44 pm UTC

plytho wrote:BoomFrog, do you think scum!EGW would have switched back from jimbob to moody D1 with Sabrar?

He may have been pressured into it. With the lynch between those two he may not have wanted to look scummy on the JimBob wagon. I need to go back and look.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:46 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:

It works only one way.

A one way secret message can still do what I proposed. Send a message to PW saying, " in your first post that quotes me include the names of people you've copped as town. Don't include any other names in that post."

I did not consider that. I would actually prefer to use the message when I think I might die, sending my scumreads as a last hurrah. I just held out as much as I could.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:47 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:So? Better to send a message N2 then do nothing, isn't it?

I sent NO ACTION to the mod. I did nothing and made sure I did nothing. I only have two shots left, I want to save them.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:

You are basing a scumlean on me on a possibility of Red being doc then you going down by me. That's reading into the future. I believe you over Ryu. You have to also look at my town motivation for pushing Ryu. If and when he flips scum, it helps us stay positive. For you to consider this you need to believe that I lied about me receiving a note (when Sab and Frozen both confirmed they also received it) and that your result is messed up at the same time.

You may have used barrier N2, or I may simply have been RBed/redirected and you did recover a note.

Do the notes say, "you've been protected" or do they say, "you've received a note saying, 'you've been protected' "?

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:50 pm UTC

Paraphrased, it tells me Dr. Mario Protected me, with an exclamation mark.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:So? Better to send a message N2 then do nothing, isn't it?

I sent NO ACTION to the mod. I did nothing and made sure I did nothing. I only have two shots left, I want to save them.

I don't understand what you are saying. You have one use of telepathy and one use of paralysis, you won't know when you are going to die and said you expected to die at any time. Why not send out your last hurrah N2 to Zen so she could journal it? Or to Sabrar?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:57 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Paraphrased, it tells me Dr. Mario Protected me, with an exclamation mark.

Is OS really that bastard to make that fake? That's a mod confirmed lie if he's not a doctor. Is it possible Red is a secretly naive doctor who only sends notes and that's the catch? I can't believe scum would claim doctor when going first in a mass claim. Unless, that was part of the know-it-all's info....

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:59 pm UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Paraphrased, it tells me Dr. Mario Protected me, with an exclamation mark.

Btw, I would say noting the exclamation mark is borderline quoting of a PM and, if I can be forgiven for pretending I'm the mod, I think no one else should confirm or deny the exclamation mark.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:02 pm UTC

I considered sending it to Zen N1, but I decided against it. I instead used Barrier, I felt it was more optimal. Also, you should know that I don't look for crumbs / crumb at all, either. I was fine with risking the chance I might die without using the message ability, since it's not as important to me. I just think you put more importance into that then I do. I think you have to consider that saving my abilities for later game is also a smart decision.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:03 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:

Btw, I would say noting the exclamation mark is borderline quoting of a PM and, if I can be forgiven for pretending I'm the mod, I think no one else should confirm or deny the exclamation mark.

If I get MK'd lynch Red Ryu. I think you are telling the truth, but for some reason are trying to find a weird reason as to why your result may be fake. Plytho + Sabrar may be the actual remaining scum.

Return to “Mafia”