Alien Warfare Mafia (GAME OVER)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Vicarin

Re: Alien Warfare Mafia (Day Three)

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 12:02 am UTC

On a completely unrelated note, peach.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu May 17, 2018 12:05 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:I'm liking winning with Sabrar a lot more than with Illaman seeing as he hasn't been actively sabotaging town, yeah.

Unless he actually does believe that I'm Illaman, but wants to kill me anyway, because that's Mercora's M.O. Isn't lynching Illaman instead of Garatron against town's interest?
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 12:10 am UTC

Yeah, that MIGHT be why I want you to get your theoretical Illaman buddy to back you up, so that we don't lynch Illaman? Whoa.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 3:40 am UTC

Could the person who targeted LaserGuy causing his early D2 post please claim they did so now? I strongly suspect I know who it is, but I need confirmation. Don't mention what the targeting did.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 3:44 am UTC

And I'd appreciate if freezeblade could actually claim what his ability in addition to the cop is, as I don't think he's done so.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 3:44 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:
Vicarin wrote:Mark being Garatron would explain the absolute lack of claims when I was threatening to help lynch him I guess.

I cannot speak for the other Illaman, but I chose not to claim when Mark did because I figured it was a ploy to lure the real Illaman out

Seriously noone caught this? They had supposedly day-chat when Mark claimed so freezeblade could absolutely speak for his buddy here as they must have discussed it.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 3:46 am UTC

Uh, that's a pretty good point actually. Knew I could count on you Sabrar :P

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu May 17, 2018 3:50 am UTC

So much interesting discussion takes place while I am at work. :(

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Assuming there is a non-Human/Illaman/Garatron/Mercora player in the game, does that player need to die before Humans can win?
Why did you ask this? Why not just check your role pm? Or mpolo’s role pm, if you need to?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I'd like whoever neighbourized freezeblade and his buddy to claim, and I see no reason why they shouldn't reveal their target.
Hmmm. I’m skeptical of this push because it comes from jimbobmacindie, but I think it will probably need to happen before the day is over.

Sabrar wrote:Even if we don't go for a draw by NL I can still try to win with Town after we lynch Garatron despite the last Illaman (bessie) not claiming.

Spoiler:
ignoring you.jpg
ignoring you.jpg (58.76 KiB) Viewed 750 times

freezeblade wrote:You're assuming that everyone plays how you would play, or that people always play optimally.

+1, QFT, etc. :P

freezeblade wrote:Mark decides to kill SDK, in an attempt to squeeze the last Mercora into joining up with Garatron
This really doesn’t seem like optimal Garatron play. How is this going to squeeze Mercora? Even if this was the intent, why not kill Sabrar and have SDK’s double vote?

Vicarin wrote:I'd be inclined to lynch Mark first, but really the easiest way to sort this out is to just have the other damn Illaman claim already or freezeblade to say who it is, and sort this out for us.
Is Vicarin pushing for claims today? Why the change from yesterday? [/sarcasm]

Madge wrote: I was claiming a fake name to test Jimbob's ability: figured it was likely that someone else is named Jake, and I wanted to see if Jake would receive jimbob's message or if I would. Turns out I did, even though my name is not Jake Berenson.
If this is true, this was actually a clever idea. Need to think about it though. Is Madge a clever townie or crafty scum attempting to draw out a counterclaim?

@jimbob, I’m still puzzled over the utter lack of any apparent usefulness for your power as claimed. Was it a single group message to all who claimed, and were you allowed to edit the recipient list?

Edit: found your earlier claim:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: I agree about the apparent lack of worth of my ability. I'm assuming that there might be some mechanic that means it's less worthless than it appears, but if there is I don't know what that is. From my PM, and questions I've asked, heuristically_alone will send me a list of names of those who have claimed at day end. I send him a single message that he then BCC sends to everyone who has claimed. I don't think I have any further control over who it gets sent to.
Again what good is this power? You can’t even send secret messages because everyone can claim and get the message.

Vicarin wrote:In that situation it would actually be safer for town to start lynching unclaimed people who are less townie rather than Sabrar.
Hmm. I might agree. And Vicarin, if this happens, what makes you so certain you are safe from the lynch?

Vicarin wrote: @freezeblade: Just out them, jeez. And yes, an indie is unlikely, but I can afford to be incredibly paranoid now as town is in a fantastic position. Don't want to randomly lose because Illaman refused to claim.
Interesting how you’re getting so worked up over this again today. :lol:

Vicarin wrote:until you actually name who your partner is or they come forward themselves.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Woof. Success. I am thoroughly annoyed. :) Your premise LI6 is incorrect. Isn’t annual IA required? 8-)

Ninja'd lots. Posting anyway, back in a bit.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 4:01 am UTC

@bessie: I can confirm that I received jimbob's message despite giving a fake name, so I don't see any reason why Madge couldn't have received it as well.

I also don't think I'm safe from the lynch, just safer than where any possible indies might be hiding. If you want to play around that single shot SK idea you were so fond of, we need to actually know where the 2nd Illaman is to not get screwed over the way I outlined earlier.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 17, 2018 4:02 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@bessie: I can confirm that I received jimbob's message despite giving a fake name, so I don't see any reason why Madge couldn't have received it as well.

I also don't think I'm safe from the lynch, just safer than where any possible indies might be hiding. If you want to play around that single shot SK idea you were so fond of, we need to actually know where the 2nd Illaman is to not get screwed over the way I outlined earlier.

Madge already claimed her fruit.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 4:04 am UTC

I mean that the name that she provided is probably fake as she says. I know she got the message :P

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu May 17, 2018 6:26 am UTC

A couple of thoughts as I'm waking up:

@Mark: I want you to claim your cop target and result in your next post.

@Freezeblade: I want you to claim your power in your next post.

@LaserGuy: Freezeblade couldn't have blocked his buddy, he was redirected

Jimbob's power is very very strange and I don't think he told us everything about it. What's the point of having actual names if any claimed name receives the message.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 17, 2018 6:46 am UTC

Typically roleblocks are processed before redirects, though I have a memory that redirects are often given priority here.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu May 17, 2018 7:10 am UTC

I'd expect a roleblocker to block a redirect. But a redirector to redirect a roleblock (if they aren't the target).

@Sabrar: did you send a message N2?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 7:18 am UTC

plytho wrote:@Sabrar: did you send a message N2?
Sabrar wrote:Plus my message has been received both nights so I couldn't have been blocked.

On an unrelated note we will never get a second Illaman claim today because bessie doesn't believe in claiming and freezeblade obviously doesn't know who it is.

On another completely unrelated note if we should have an indie (though I doubt it) then it must be jimbob.

IA rotates between departments.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu May 17, 2018 7:22 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@bessie: I can confirm that I received jimbob's message despite giving a fake name, so I don't see any reason why Madge couldn't have received it as well.
You didn’t read my post carefully. Or Madge’s post. Vicarin, why don’t you actually try to analyze the content, instead of just trying to railroad a mass claim through?

Vicarin wrote:I mean that the name that she provided is probably fake as she says.
Well, the name may not be the one provided in her role pm, but it’s the first one on the Wikipedia page, and seems to be the main character in the series, so it is probably a reasonable name to select if Madge is telling the truth.

Vicarin wrote:I also don't think I'm safe from the lynch, just safer than where any possible indies might be hiding. If you want to play around that single shot SK idea you were so fond of, we need to actually know where the 2nd Illaman is to not get screwed over the way I outlined earlier.
How? You do realize that outing the second Illaman gives my theoretical killer their (probable) final unknown target, which would prevent a town win. What makes you think that theoretical-SK would have more luck picking out the final Illaman than you are having?

LaserGuy wrote: Typically roleblocks are processed before redirects, though I have a memory that redirects are often given priority here.
I think I’ve seen both.

Would a roleblock or redirect resolve first?

Ninja'd by Sabrar. I am not yet motivated to do so.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 17, 2018 7:57 am UTC

Confirming that all three recipients of my message used the correct code word, so they definitely got the message.

I asked the win-con question to completely nail down the point about indies. I expected to get the answer I did, but I just wanted it confirming. It basically narrows the possible indie types down to some variant of SK, possibly one which only has to kill both sets of neutral aliens. Anything else doesn't really make much sense.

Bessie, plytho, I would love to know how my power is useful, but I'm not really sure. I have to send the same message to everyone on the list or nobody. I suppose with that sort of information it means anybody claiming a name without some sort of asking the team first will now look suspicious.

The lack of a neighborizer claim at this point is interesting.

Are people against a mass role-claim at this point?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 8:04 am UTC

@bessie: you're going to have to explain how an SK magically shoots 3 people at once if the other Illaman is outed. Unless you think there's an arsonist indie or something?

What I'm trying to avoid:

Lynch freezeblade - whoops, he's tight mouthed Illaman.
Mark kills someone then is lynched. Garatron eliminated.
We lynch Sabrar after no NK. Mercora eliminated.
Oh, game didnt end? Oh, now there's 2 people out of the 5 remaining claiming to be the last Illaman but we've got no way of distinguishing them. Whoops, game comes down to a coin flip. The SK doesn't need to directly kill the last Illaman in that situation if we can't tell them apart.

If you've got a better strategy for that situation I would LOVE to hear it.

Ninja'd I am strongly for a mass role claim at the moment. I also have strong opinions on who should go later. I think freezeblade should go first even without a mass claim.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 17, 2018 8:06 am UTC

Okay, so everyone has posted and nobody is jumping up to verify or contradict freezeblade's claim. I don't really feel like spending another week arguing over who should claim and when and why when we basically have scum narrowed down to one of two people and will probably just be spinning our wheels otherwise.

So... here's the plan.

I have a vigilante kill available. I propose that we lynch Mark today, and I will shoot freezeblade during the night. If all goes well, we should have one dead Garatron and one dead Illaman (and, at worst, a dead townie). We can try to force a draw D4 or make some choice between Illaman and Mercora if people are inclined to go that route.

If the last Illaman would like to come forward with conclusive evidence for saving one player and lynching the other, then Town would be very appreciative, though I don't actually believe it's necessary. If they have such evidence and would like to propose an alternative target for me to kill instead, well, we can discuss that too ;)

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu May 17, 2018 8:07 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Are people against a mass role-claim at this point?
Vicarin might object.

Ninja'd. Oh, I guess he changed his mind.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 8:08 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I propose that we lynch Mark today, and I will shoot freezeblade during the night.
Would prefer the other way around. Also would be better for Town.

I love me some mass-claims.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 8:09 am UTC

EBWOP: nevermind, clearly we can't do that.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 am UTC

@bessie: why'd you think I'd be against a mass claim?

@LaserGuy: I'd say that if there's no indie then town basically has this in the bag so we can put more thought into making sure an indie doesn't mess us up.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 17, 2018 8:13 am UTC

@Vic: Easiest way to test the indy hypothesis is if Illaman confirms Garatron, and I shoot Sabrar in the night. If we win outright, then there's no indy.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 8:14 am UTC

Yes, that's precisely why I want them to claim now.....

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu May 17, 2018 8:14 am UTC

bessie wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Are people against a mass role-claim at this point?
Vicarin might object.[/sarcasm]

Ninja'd. Oh, I guess he changed his mind.[/more sarcasm]

Sorry, fixed.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 8:15 am UTC

Gives us both Illaman as breathing room in case of an indie.

@bessie: :P

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu May 17, 2018 8:16 am UTC

I wouldn't call him the main character - if you understand teenage mutant ninja turtles, he's the Leonardo of the group (Marco is the Michelangelo, naturally).

I picked Jake partially because he's one of the few animorphs with a canon surname, many don't have one.

I suspect there may be something else dodgy happening with names, and I'm guessing I probably got myself exposed to it by claiming my name.

I love claims!!! SO MUCH TO ANALYSE. Let's let it happen.

I want freezeblade and Mark both to die. I like Laserguy's plan.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 8:17 am UTC

If at any time the consensus plan includes LaserGuy shooting me then please give me a couple of hours of notice to present my case for not doing it.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am UTC

Consensus plan only involves that if the other Illaman claims so you're looking pretty safe at the moment.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am UTC

Madge wrote:I suspect there may be something else dodgy happening with names, and I'm guessing I probably got myself exposed to it by claiming my name.
When did you claim your name?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 am UTC

If I had to vote for a claim order then assuming Mark, Sabrar and jimbob aren't going to say anything else, I'd go with

freezeblade
bessie
plytho
Madge
Vicarin
LaserGuy

With whoever targeted LaserGuy early able to go to the end of the queue by claiming they did so, but not what.

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu May 17, 2018 8:29 am UTC

LaserGuy, what is your suggested claim order?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 8:30 am UTC

@bessie: how do you propose town wins in the situation I proposed earlier?

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu May 17, 2018 8:34 am UTC

@Vicarin, are you referring to this post?

Oh, and, forgot to mention, not interested in your claim order.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 am UTC

If Mark is Illaman, he was copped by his buddy N2. So someone is around to confirm.

If Mark is Garatron he had chat with Liri N1 (and was aware of wam being scum D1).

Mark did not vote D1 or D2.

His mentions of Liri in this post are a little suspicious. Looks like distancing. Offering to Illaman cop Liri feels like it may be part of a plan they had.

If Freezeblade is Illaman he's aware of his buddy (who can confirm freezeblade is Illaman).

If freezeblade is Garatron he had chat with Liri N1 (and was aware of wam being scum D1).

There's not much to find in Liri and wam's posts re: interaction with freezeblade or mark.

Freezeblade was early with his Liri vote. (Second on the final votals) And a couple of his D2 posts seem to indicate suspicion towards Mark's claim: His D2 opening post has this line:
freezeblade wrote:I figure this is why Illaman hasn't claimed (besides one so far),
In his reads he's suspicious of Mark being Garatron, which might make sense from a paranoid townie perspective, but if you're Illaman with a buddy a third person claiming Illaman is obviously suspicious.

He was also pretty quick with the pressure on Liri after his claim. Which means he's either quick thinking scum, immediately realising saving Liri is hopeless. Or Illaman, fine with the Liri lynch. I kind of feel scum would hesitate here.

The odd thing about freezeblade's claim is the daychat. If town accidentally put two Illaman together (freezeblade's an odd target for town N1) they would have claimed by now. That means it's likely coming from an alien and the only alien that makes sense is Illaman.

I guess I'm leaning towards Mark being Garatron.

Vote: Mark_Cangila

Haha, all the ninjas.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 8:38 am UTC

bessie wrote:@Vicarin, are you referring to this post?

Oh, and, forgot to mention, not interested in your claim order.

Yes, and I'm sure other people will be.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 17, 2018 8:40 am UTC

freezeblade
bessie
Vicarin
Madge
LaserGuy
plytho
This is much better.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 am UTC

@plytho: I'd say the oddest parts of the claim are the likelyhood of two Illaman copping each other N1 (it's pretty low) and how it requires Mark to come up with this Machievellian plan of killing SDK and framing Freezeblade despite him having 0% of surviving once Freezeblade flips.

@Sabrar: I don't trust plytho nearly that much unless he's the one who targeted LaserGuy. I don't mind being earlier in the order though.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu May 17, 2018 8:46 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:If I had to vote for a claim order then assuming Mark, Sabrar and jimbob aren't going to say anything else,
Mark still needs to claim his Illaman cop result.

Return to “Mafia”