Discordian Mafia - Gmve Owrr! Tcvn Wxms!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
ArDeeJ
Bastet Case
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Finland

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby ArDeeJ » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 am UTC

Votals:
Xenomortis - 1 (lynx)
Diemo - 1 (BigNose)

10 alive, 6 to hammer
Deadline in 10-ish days


removed BigNose's vote for Diemo
Last edited by ArDeeJ on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
puzzles (bad) | tweets (worse) | they pronouns

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby BigNose » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:45 am UTC

Whooops!

Unvote

Forgot that was on.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby Diemo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:54 am UTC

Ugh, I dislike D1.

I'm inclined to belive Bignose.

I'm really tempted to just throw all the names into a RNG, and lynch whoever comes out. I'm too busy to be bothered with a D1 boringness at the moment

I'll do a proper reread later, hopefully
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby freezeblade » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:10 pm UTC

  1. Which of the available roles would you like to play, and why?
  2. Which of the roles would you be worst at, and why?
  3. Which of the roles would you least like to see in the game?
  4. What is your expectation of alignment distribution?
  5. Should we do "If I was a cop" or a modified?

  1. Town Roleblocker. I really enjoy blocking people I feel are scummy, sense of accomplishment I've had the role once, and had great fun with it.
  2. Vanilla town. I really don't know how the strategy works for this role. I always feel helpless, useless, and of no value.
  3. Cultist. Normally I'd say Militant atheist, but I was so happy to see it not on the list. Like most people, I find cults a tad shit.
  4. 7:3 seems pretty logical, 6:4 only makes sense if there is a trader. 8:2 would only work with super-powered scum. This [i]is[/] discordian mafia though, so who knows.
  5. No objection to that usually. this is no different
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby freezeblade » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:31 pm UTC

Also, D1 always sucks.

Townies wanting to lynch townies in some argument.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

just_me
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby just_me » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:17 pm UTC

timmy was lurking but didn't post.
Hope he'll post something soon.


I like the thdl proposal although its quite complex. More information to process is a good thing.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby ConMan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:Quick morning update:
ConMan wrote:4.What is your expectation of alignment distribution?
Probably around 8/2/2. Possibly 8/3/1, at which point scum should be highly suspicious of a traitor, maybe even 9/3/0 (since the mods aren't going to reveal their secret selection mechanism we can't really assume that they chose the distribution first then picked the roles).
There are only ten of us.

Look, an ostrich!

Yep, miscounted (which is impressive given people have numbers next to their names on the sign-up list). For 10, then, 7/2/1 or 7/3/0 with strong town roles/mafia traitor, 8/2 if the town roles are fairly average.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby Suzaku » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:58 am UTC

Well, not much has happened since I was last here.

I'll reread sometime today and see if I spot anything.

Could I request a prod on Tim? The game has been going for over two full days and he hasn't posted in thread yet.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby Diemo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 pm UTC

We have no guarantee that there is even a cop in this game, so i find thdl's proposal to be too complicated. If we are going to do IIWAC lets just do IIWAC and forget about any of that crap.

In other news, who is behind me on a lynch the lurker vote? Anyone, anyone? No? Good, it is a terrible plan :D.

just_me is not saying anything at all. Some nice active lurking there, but as this is hir first game I will cut hir a bit of slack.

Ok, if I don't get something to go on in the next day I am going to feed you all into a RNG and vote for whoever comes out :).
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

just_me
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby just_me » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:23 pm UTC

I think thdl proposal makes sense especially since we are not sure there is a cop around. If there is no cop we at least get infos what the other town power roles did.
Plus the RNG option does not solve any problems because its really improbable that we get a hammering vote together if we all RNG.

I try to post stuff, to give you something to act on, but I know as little as you do, and I am kinda ambiguous about commiting to anything because I don't have any information. (okay thats obvious again)
Feelings (!) at the moment are that the BN miller claim is legit and something doesn't sit right with freezeblade.

Plus I felt I did actually give some technical information which was helpful.

edit: This post sounds really defensive, but its worded in that manner because I am quite insecure to what IS helpful and I think just opining (as I did above) is not really helpful.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby Suzaku » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:32 pm UTC

@just_me: Please don't edit your posts (it's against the rules). It's OK to double post in the game threads.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby Suzaku » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:34 pm UTC

EBWOP: Opinions are good - they tell us what you're thinking (about other players, especially) and give us something to make decisions on. Feel free to post them.

I'm in the middle of rereading, and will have some opinions up soon :P
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby Adam H » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:38 pm UTC

Yup, no editing your posts please!

Pro-tip: double posts where the second post says "EBWOP" means "edit by way of posting". Because you aren't allowed to edit. You see.

Carry on!
-Adam

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby Suzaku » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:56 pm UTC

OK, some quick thoughts before sleep:

BN - I'll add myself to the list of people who believe the claim. As I said, I find the claim itself neutral, but it is the Right Thing for town to do, and I think his responses to the arguments have been solid.
Leaning towards town.

lynx/Xeno - I think the reason for lynx's attack is pretty weak - I never saw Xeno's response to the claim as indicating certainty at all. Xeno's response seems like exasperated townie to me. lynx has been right on very weak tells before recently (I still don't see it :P), but it still pings me, probably more than anything else so far.

just_me - New, but strikes me as newbie town (and should sign up to Jungle Republic :twisted:).

Diemo - I know D1 is frustrating, especially when it's slow. But I'm sure you can do better than RNG.

In the interest of hopefully moving things on a bit:

Vote: lynx For the weak attack on Xeno.
I'm more than willing to change this if there's cause; this is a 'best I can think of right now' vote.

Regarding the deadline:
Tomorrow is Friday (in five minutes, actually), and I'll be mostly offline over the weekend. I suggest that we try to at the very least have a serious candidate for a lynch by 24 hours from now.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
ArDeeJ
Bastet Case
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Finland

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby ArDeeJ » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:05 pm UTC

Votals:
Xenomortis - 1 (lynx)
lynx - 1 (Suzaku)

10 alive, 6 to hammer.
Deadline in 8-ish days.
puzzles (bad) | tweets (worse) | they pronouns

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby BigNose » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

just_me wrote:edit: This post sounds really defensive, but its worded in that manner because I am quite insecure to what IS helpful and I think just opining (as I did above) is not really helpful.

What you have done is exactly what you should do. Information, even if you think it irrelevant, is important. Just state your opinion. Those that don't want to discuss others become Lurkers, they are in the game but not providing much content.

We lynch Lurkers.
Lurkers can also be Scum, because their style of words indicates "How can I hunt Scum, when I am Scum?"
We lynch Scum.

For obvious reasons, I won't be participating in thdl's plan as it adds nothing but wine.


@Diemo - RNG is a scummy way of avoiding reasoning. If you have no reason - DON'T VOTE

@Just_me - In this game, unless the MOD specifically states a minimum vote count to lynch, then we play highest vote count on Day deadline, which we generally operate on a 7 RL day basis (you will 6 see days mentioned, with weekends counting as 1 day). So we could and in other games, have lynched on only 2 votes. Not good.
OR, we get to Hammer vote (majority) to end the Day.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby freezeblade » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:59 pm UTC

The way it's layed out though, it's better to hammer. We don't usually have many scum tells the first day anyhow, and it's better to have the time saved for later.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby ConMan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

Diemo wrote:In other news, who is behind me on a lynch the lurker vote? Anyone, anyone? No? Good, it is a terrible plan :D.

Yep, definitely no lurker lynch. Let scum take care of them ;)

Is there a system in place for dealing with inactive players via mod action rather than player action?
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

just_me
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby just_me » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:37 am UTC

Some reaction on the thdls proposal would be nice.
It is complicated and winey but it gives us (and scum) more information.

User avatar
lynx
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm UTC
Location: Wessex

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby lynx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:15 am UTC

Sorry for lack of content. Will be back on tomorrow to see what's going on. Lots of content to get through!

User avatar
thdl
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:12 am UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby thdl » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:36 am UTC

I agree with Suzaku that we need to get a lynch candidate going. Lynxes original pressure on Xeno was reasonable, but I feel that his response to Xeno's explanation was just a bit unreasonable. It smacks of scum reaching for a reason to vote on D1 (I did not read that as Xeno backing down). Therefore:

Vote: lynx

I'd like to hear his defense/other reads.

Completely gut feeling possible scum reads*:

Diemo - posting style smells like intentional "non-seriousness" (though I don't know his meta). My first reaction on page 1 was jester.
Freezeblade - D1 does suck, but there's usually something to talk about, and town should be the ones talking.

Timm - true lurking, will either be modkilled or start posting (the signups claim that lurkers will be modkilled)


Conman and suzaku are playing awful towny, which is, of course, making me irrationally paranoid that they are scum trying to seize a leaderless town (not serious contenders for my vote atm obviously).
As for the rest of you: I dunno, I can't tell if Xeno was expressing truely towny frustration, or scum frustration and recovered (his second post after lynxes vote pinged me as much townier). I haven't really registered obvious pings from BN or just_me.

and... that's it for now. Time to get to the airport.

*Subject to change without notice. Offer not valid in Wisconsin.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:56 pm UTC

Excuse me for being out of this for a bit ,still having trouble getting back into rythym.
There's been a large amount of nothingness going on, and I don't like that.
Vote: Diemo

I blame you.

User avatar
lynx
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm UTC
Location: Wessex

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby lynx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:09 pm UTC

I don't think I should have to explain myself for seeing what I saw as a scum-tell, and putting down a vote based on it.
Xenomortis went from saying he thought BN was telling the truth, to all of a sudden saying he would not assume that was the case. It was a quick (albeit small) change which made me think he was trying to get me off his back, which isn't townie at all.

But I will apologise for my lack of content. Deadlines are creeping up on me.

As for updated reads, I'm liking BN's contribution. Suzaku is also providing a decent amount of content.
I still think Xeno is scummy for previously stated reasons, although his contributions have been as limited as mine since our exchange.
Diemo is indeed acting strangely, particularly his RNG comment. And Adam does like jesters.

thdl, why do you think ConMan is townie?
just_me, why do you think freezeblade is scummy? Anything specific he said?

ninja'd by Tim. Any chance of a little analysis?

just_me
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby just_me » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:53 pm UTC

I am unhappy with things not moving.
What about a monday evening deadline?

I am also interested in some reasoning by tim and some input concerning thdl's proposals.

concerning freezeblade its just a feeling. Nothing I could fix to wording or anything.

I don't feel very comfortable with this lynx voting. The arguments are reasonable but to me it rather looked like lynx wanted to stir things up about, nothing more.
I don't agree with his analysis but it doesn't seem to outlandish.

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby Diemo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:11 pm UTC

I think that it is timms fault.

Vote: timm
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby t1mm01994 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:51 pm UTC

Everyone's unhappy with things not moving, no-one makes things move. In the next posts, everyone either votes or explains logic for his/her vote.
Unvote
Vote: ConMan


While Diemo is quite obviously scummy in his behaviour, ConMan is more subtly so. While no-one has been contributing all too much (except lynx, so townie points there), ConMan has seemed to be the only one actively shutting down discussion, which is immensely scummy.

User avatar
lynx
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm UTC
Location: Wessex

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby lynx » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:19 pm UTC

Agreed on hammering by Monday. And good find by Tim with ConMan, in fact I appear to have missed his posts before while reading through.
He seems to be flying under the radar, and it's surprising how many posts he's made without any content or analysis.

As I don't seem to be gaining much traction with Xeno (and we'll need more time later), I'll come back to him later.

Unvote
Vote: Conman

User avatar
ArDeeJ
Bastet Case
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Finland

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby ArDeeJ » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:44 pm UTC

Votals:
ConMan - 2 (t1mm01994, lynx)
t1mm01994 - 1 (Diemo)
lynx - 2 (Suzaku, thdl)

10 alive, 6 to hammer.
Deadline in 6-ish days.
puzzles (bad) | tweets (worse) | they pronouns

User avatar
lynx
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm UTC
Location: Wessex

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby lynx » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:32 pm UTC

Also, just_me isn't reading as newbie town to me. They seem a bit cautious and unwilling to commit to an opinion. An FoS should suffice for now.

just_me
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby just_me » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

I agree on conman.
Its a bit weird that thdl thought him towney.

vote conman

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby Suzaku » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:09 pm UTC

Let's see:

Diemo - Acting strangely random. Doesn't seem to care who gets lynched. This is reading as independent to me, someone with no team mate to worry about. Maybe either a jester or an SK making a jester play?

lynx -
lynx wrote:I don't think I should have to explain myself for seeing what I saw as a scum-tell, and putting down a vote based on it.
Xenomortis went from saying he thought BN was telling the truth, to all of a sudden saying he would not assume that was the case. It was a quick (albeit small) change which made me think he was trying to get me off his back, which isn't townie at all.
He originally said he was inclined to believe it, which indicates he thought it was more likely to be true than not. When you asked for an explanation, he gave a reason why it was more likely, in his opinion, to be true. I can't fault you for voting on a scum tell, it's just that I disagree that it's a scum tell.

ConMan - After Tim's post I went back and reread ConMan's in isolation. I agree with Tim; there's quite a lot of active lurking going on there.

While I do still think that lynx's attack on Xeno is weak, it's possible that it's a misjudgement rather than a scum strat. Other than that attack, I think his content has been fairly townie. ConMan's active lurking is much harder to justify as towny, therefore:

Unvote (lynx)

Vote: ConMan


IRL note: I probably won't be around much for the next 24 hours or so (maybe some this evening), due to family commitments.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.
Posts: 1445
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby Xenomortis » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

lynx wrote:As I don't seem to be gaining much traction with Xeno (and we'll need more time later), I'll come back to him later.

Are you a lyncher or something? That does not strike me as a townie attitude.

Diemo's RNG 'threats' are pretty weird; it's not a reasonable townie move. I agree with Suzaku's assessment with either Jester or scum trying to dress himself as a Jester; either way we don't lose from his death.

tim has said very little; I can't read him because there's nothing to read. His first post is completely vacuous and his second post basically says "I think ConMan is scum for active lurking". He puts down a completely legitimate vote, but I'm a little uncomfortable with how fast the ConMan train got underway; he's not exactly unique - freezeblade is just as guilty of active lurking. I am not sure what tim meant by "shutting down discussion". If he could explain that and point it out then I'd be behind ConMan's lynch over Diemo and freezeblade.

Nothing else has really stood out.
Image

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:02 am UTC

I'm utterly confused.
unvote
so, I afk the first 3 days, blast in, pump out 2 barely founded votes in 2 days, and both gain massive traction, with just one person even questioning anything. If anyone's a jester,I pity you as the lynches seem absolutely random.
Townie points for xeno because seriously my behaviour is madness. Conman wasn't being as mad as I am, but if memory serves me right that's not how he rolls. I view him as fairly townie.
Thdl is my more legit concern at the moment.
vote: thdl

User avatar
thdl
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:12 am UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby thdl » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:19 am UTC

lynx wrote:thdl, why do you think ConMan is townie?

I was running off impressions/tone. ConMan gave me the impressions of a player who was firm about trying to do things the "right" way. Specifically these two posts:
ConMan wrote:Aaaaaand on the whole lynx/Xeno thing. Xeno was a bit curt, which may be a little against his meta, but certainly reminds me of a few other people's metas, while lynx does look like he's going in a bit strong even for the standard "Day 1 two townies get on each other's backs" (we really need a name for that given how common it is). So weak FoS on lynx, no more than IGMEOY on Xeno.

And one last thing, since we need to keep activity up to make sure we don't spend all our bankable deadlines, I'd like to see some content from Freezeblade and T1mm. Everyone else has made a reasonable amount of contribution so far (even if some of it is winey).

ConMan wrote:
Diemo wrote:In other news, who is behind me on a lynch the lurker vote? Anyone, anyone? No? Good, it is a terrible plan :D.

Yep, definitely no lurker lynch. Let scum take care of them ;)

Is there a system in place for dealing with inactive players via mod action rather than player action?

The bold and italicized sentences in the former use pretty standard phrasing for people attempting to lead town. I rarely, if ever, see scum pulling that (though it is relatively easy to fake - hence my paranoia). The second seemed relatively strong to me b/c scum don't want to lynch lurkers (not out of nowhere, not usually - maybe in self defense, but that doesn't apply here). I don't know ConMan's meta, but that was my read. I don't think ConMan has posted anything scummy (or anything at all) since I posted last, and I still read D1 the same way. He's entering lurker territory, however, but it's the weekend, so, meh.

As for my vote on lynx, I still read his assertion that Xeno "backed down" and "changed his mind" as a twisting of what actually occurred. I thought it was possible that he was somewhat manufacturing a reason to try and generate content, but that did not enter into his defense, so I still read it as scummy. So the vote stays for now.

That said:
Xenomortis wrote:I agree with Suzaku's assessment with either Jester or scum trying to dress himself as a Jester; either way we don't lose from his death.

FOS: Xeno for suggesting we lynch a suspected Jester. We waste a lynch if we lynch the jester. Given that there is a strong possibility of multiple NKs (or a cult - just as bad), this game is not likely to have many lynches, so each ought to at least have a reasonable suspicion of scumhood.

t1mm01994 wrote:I'm utterly confused.
unvote
so, I afk the first 3 days, blast in, pump out 2 barely founded votes in 2 days, and both gain massive traction, with just one person even questioning anything. If anyone's a jester,I pity you as the lynches seem absolutely random.
Townie points for xeno because seriously my behaviour is madness. Conman wasn't being as mad as I am, but if memory serves me right that's not how he rolls. I view him as fairly townie.

Wait, what? ConMan has literally not posted since you voted for him, and that take your read on him from top lynch candidate to "fairly towny."
New theory: t1mm's a Jester. This is excessively blatant. I think more than 1 jester is unlikely, so I'm probably wrong somewhere.
Thdl is my more legit concern at the moment.
vote: thdl

I will be as interested to find out where this came from as I am to find out where it goes (I have my theories, but those are for later).

just_me
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby just_me » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:53 am UTC

I joined in on the conman vote because I felt that these random votes of tim were basically pointing to his scumpartners.
And if they wouldn't gain too much traction then he would have something to distance himself and if it did he could still point out, that its quite random to take the heat off.
Obviously this argument is post hoc so you cant verify it.
The other reason to vote conman was to force him to contribute. For that reason I will keep up the vote until there is some input from his side.

t1mm01994 wrote:I'm utterly confused.
unvote
so, I afk the first 3 days, blast in, pump out 2 barely founded votes in 2 days, and both gain massive traction, with just one person even questioning anything. If anyone's a jester,I pity you as the lynches seem absolutely random.
Townie points for xeno because seriously my behaviour is madness. Conman wasn't being as mad as I am, but if memory serves me right that's not how he rolls. I view him as fairly townie.

Notice the both. if you read back you'll see the diemo vote gained no traction whatsoever. Here he is putting trying to make both votes look the same although they aren't. I am unsure of what that means.

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby Diemo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 pm UTC

Ok, I should probably give this game some thought.

I'll be honest guys it is kinda hard for me to concentrate on more than two games at once, so when I am playing multiple the second game that I am playing tends to suffer.

Anyway
Unvote

Vote: freezeblade


Freezeblade is active lurking. He is clearly reading the thread, but has not put down a single opinion on anyone.

timm makes a good point that his vote on Conman got a lot of traction despite there being no reasoning behind it. Conman has not said much, but he gave his opinions on what was happening, and I certainly can't see where he is trying to cut down on discussion. So, I FoS on those voting or Conman.

I think that lynx and Xeno are both fairly townie, I dont see the scum tell that lynx did but can see why he would think there was one there (does that make any sense, I hope so).
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby freezeblade » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:31 pm UTC

Diemo, of course you'd go for a lurking lynch when you're under fire.

Diemo wrote:In other news, who is behind me on a lynch the lurker vote? Anyone, anyone? No? Good, it is a terrible plan :D


Then threatening a RNG vote?

Just admit it's a defensive vote. Just like this one is.

vote: Diemo
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby freezeblade » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:38 pm UTC

oh. my mistake, for a second I thought Diemo was still in the vote totals, an actual defensive vote would be for lynx

unvote
vote: lynx
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
ArDeeJ
Bastet Case
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:20 pm UTC
Location: Finland

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby ArDeeJ » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:50 pm UTC

Votals:
freezeblade - 1 (Diemo)
ConMan - 3 (Suzaku, lynx, just_me)
lynx - 2 (freezeblade, thdl)
thdl - 1 (t1mm01994)

10 alive, 6 to hammer.
Deadline in 5-ish days.
puzzles (bad) | tweets (worse) | they pronouns

just_me
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Re: Discordian Mafia - D1: Jrxyxwnukw

Postby just_me » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

In a 6 to hammer and 5 days until deadline situation you vote just not to be second in the votals?
seriously. That looks quite insane, uncalled and totally untowny.

I am still in favour of a monday night selfset deadline.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: moody7277 and 9 guests