Zombie Revelations - Game Over: Zombies Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Adam H

Zombie Revelations - Game Over: Zombies Win!

Postby Adam H » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:09 pm UTC

Zombie Revelations Mafia

Adam’s Standard RulesTM:
Spoiler:
  1. You cannot post in this thread unless you are alive and included in the player list.
  2. You cannot talk about this game outside of this thread, unless in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
  3. You cannot edit your posts.
  4. You cannot quote private messages from the mod.
  5. You cannot lurk.
  6. You cannot ruin the game for other players.
  7. You cannot say, imply, or pretend that a hammer vote has been cast unless it is obvious from counting the public votes in the thread.
  8. If you break any of these rules, you will lose, be removed from the game, and shame will be heaped on you.

Game Specific Rules:
Spoiler:
Deadline and Voting:
  1. You can unvote before changing votes, but you don’t have to. Only your most recent vote will count.
  2. Once a player has received the majority of votes (“hammer”), that player is dead. The day ends immediately and players cannot talk or change votes.
  3. Every player has a single vote and there are no vote-rigging mechanics of any kind.
  4. Votes will reset if there is a daykill or modkill. A deadline extension would be given as needed.
  5. The mod will give the players a deadline for the end of each day. Once the deadline has been reached, players may still post and change votes (unless hammer has been reached). However, once the mod announces the end of day, all votes are finalized and players may not post.
  6. Deadlines are bankable. Basically, whatever time is leftover between the hammer and the posted deadline will carry over to the next day.
Setup and Roles:
  1. The game starts on Night 0 with exactly two Mafiosi, at least one town mason, at least one town power role, and at least one vanilla town.
  2. Everyone is either a member of the mafia or a member of the town. There are no independents, and your win condition will never change.
  3. Mafia (and masons) can privately chat at all times.
  4. Town wins if mafia is eliminated from the game.
  5. Mafia wins if they eliminate town and have one member survive to the end of the game.
  6. All roles are sane and do exactly what they say, unless the role PM states that there are other possibilities (e.g. a cop may be told that they are either sane or insane).
  7. There are no roles which necessitate the existence of certain other roles.
  8. The mod will never lie to the players, but he may tell slightly misleading truths (or not!).
  9. Players with targeting abilities can target themselves unless stated otherwise in their role PM.
  10. There is no anti-claiming mechanic (other than scum learning the townie power roles, etc).
  11. Roles and factions will be revealed on the morning after death. Role details (sanity, etc.) may or may not be revealed.
  12. Order of night actions and other setup information will not be disclosed, except to say that the mods are attempting to make everything as standard as possible.
  13. The mafia and masons are informed if anyone is capable of listening to their private chat.
Cryptology:
  1. You are not allowed to discuss different cryptography techniques or use any new techiques you learned since the game started.
  2. Any clues/breadcrumbs/codes must be solvable without using any tools, including pen and paper.
  3. You are not allowed to suspect anyone because of their refusal to use cryptography.

Vanilla Town Role PM:
Spoiler:
You don’t remember much about the last few years. The one thing you know for certain is that you are not a zombie. You are still capable of rational thought.

You are a vanilla town. You have no special abilities.

Players:
1. BoomFrog
2. Xenomortis
3. Dimochka
4. Freezeblade
5. mpolo
6. t1mm01994
7. CLD
8. patzer

Role PMs will be sent out ASAP. Hold tight!
Last edited by Adam H on Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 pm UTC, edited 11 times in total.
-Adam

Adam H

Re: Zombie Revelations: N0: The Calm

Postby Adam H » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:38 pm UTC

The ruined town of XKCDland can be brutal at night. Luckily, you find shelter in an abandoned home. Busting in the door, you are gratified to find fresh food and water inside. The former occupants turn out to be quite the generous hosts, and you toast them gratefully before finding comfy places to turn down for the night.

All role PMs have been sent out! Please confirm that you have received one.

It is now Night 0. N0 will end when everyone has confirmed and when I've gotten all necessary night actions (see your role PM to find out if you can perform an action on N0).
Last edited by Adam H on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:17 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
-Adam

CLD
be at least somewhat witty

Re: Zombie Revelations: Pregame

Postby CLD » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

Here's my second attempt at playing a non-open game. Let's see how it goes.

Red Rabbit Radio - If I die and am a mason, my fellow mason(s) can explain how this phrase reveals their identity(s) to prove themsel(f,ves) as mason(s). If I'm a mason, I've already told my mason partner(s) how this links to them. I suggest everyone else do this, with the caveat that you be very careful not to reveal your mason partner(s) needlessly by making the clue easy to decipher.

At 6/2, I imagine 2 masons, 1-3 town power roles, and 1-3 vanilla town, with town power roles usefulness dependent on scum power roles. 3 masons would claim D1 and lead to a super easy game for town while 1 mason would only work with a recruiting masonry, which seems unlikely.
Spoiler:
Satea Murua
Episode 1 - Silent Square
Turn 2 taken - Uly, B, Rfuinbeg, Miryllastasia, Jalvier Chaussier, Shyl
Turn 2 waiting - Esteban Bernardo

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:47 pm UTC

Please note that it's nighttime, which is not zombie-code for daytime. :D It's somewhat unusual to start at night, so it's my fault I didn't stress that.

But anyways, no more talking except for confirming please!
-Adam

CLD

Postby CLD » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:53 pm UTC

:oops:

Confirming.
Spoiler:
Satea Murua

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:22 pm UTC

Confirm
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:44 pm UTC

confirmed for egopost
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:00 pm UTC

Confirmed.

patzer

Postby patzer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 am UTC

Confirmed.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:55 am UTC

Confirm.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:05 am UTC

Confirm.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:23 pm UTC

There was at least one question about whether cryptography is OK in this game. My answer:

1) You are not allowed to discuss different cryptography techniques or use any new techiques you learned since the game started.
2) Any clues/breadcrumbs/codes must be solvable without using any tools, including pen and paper.
3) You are not allowed to suspect anyone because of their refusal to use cryptography.

Basically, don't waste time with codes when you could instead be playing mafia. But if it enhances your enjoyment, go for it. It won't break the game.
-Adam

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 pm UTC

I'll be away until Monday.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:53 pm UTC

Confirming. Do you guys have any clue what the deal was with Eric from Boy meets World?

Adam H

Re: Zombie Revelations: D1: The Storm!

Postby Adam H » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:14 pm UTC

You made it through the night without incident. After a breakfast of delicious leftovers, you decided to leave the house in search for somewhere a bit safer. That's when the bickering started. Tempers flare as the eight of you debate your next move, until you all finally realize that there's only one way to resolve your dispute: MURDER. Yes, somehow that makes sense to you. Don't question it.

Day 1 starts now. Deadline is in 7 days. If you hammer early, the remaining time will be added to Day 2, which has a base length of 5 days (as does every day other than D1).

8 alive, 5 to hammer.
-Adam

CLD

Postby CLD » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:31 pm UTC

CLD wrote:Here's my second attempt at playing a non-open game. Let's see how it goes.

Red Rabbit Radio - If I die and am a mason, my fellow mason(s) can explain how this phrase reveals their identity(s) to prove themsel(f,ves) as mason(s). If I'm a mason, I've already told my mason partner(s) how this links to them. I suggest everyone else do this, with the caveat that you be very careful not to reveal your mason partner(s) needlessly by making the clue easy to decipher.

At 6/2, I imagine 2 masons, 1-3 town power roles, and 1-3 vanilla town, with town power roles usefulness dependent on scum power roles. 3 masons would claim D1 and lead to a super easy game for town while 1 mason would only work with a recruiting masonry, which seems unlikely.
This belongs here.
Spoiler:
Satea Murua

patzer

Postby patzer » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:07 am UTC

So, we all should leave some cryptic message, which, if we die and flip mason, the other mason can reveal who he is?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:42 am UTC

Love the flavor :D

Interesting rules about cryptography. I'm against cryptography in general but I am okay with breadcrumbs and "if I was a cop" type things. This idea is borderline but I guess I'm for it. I'll think of something that works before the end of D1.

CLD and patzer are new for me how many games have you each played to completion so far? Were you scum or town and did you win or lose?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:13 am UTC

If I am a mason, my partner will explain "Chimes at Midnight".

Maybe that will actually do something to get us a confirmed townie at some point.

It is good to see that the Zombies that give the name to our game apparently only kill us, rather than convert us into walking dead — or if they do, our win condition somehow remains the same, which seems unworkable.

patzer

Postby patzer » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:CLD and patzer are new for me how many games have you each played to completion so far? Were you scum or town and did you win or lose?

I've played two games to completion on another site, in both I was vanilla townie.http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26107 and http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26710.

Anyway, for if I am mason, "The budgerigar is dead"

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:08 am UTC

So some tricky code thing eh CLD? I'm going to have to keep my guard up around you. Not that tricky I suppose. Kinda like a bread-crumb but with a tad more meaning than the usual simple ones. If I was a mason, my partner will explain "One hand washes the other"
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:13 pm UTC

I /really/ don't understand this idea for a code. For each one so far I could think up a completely plausible reading if I were malevolent. It just makes it harder for someone to counterclaim other mason, but still easy enough that everything would still work out. As such, I won't co-operate, and I suggest everyone put a random vote down.

Vote: BoomFrog

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

I have to admit that I'm not overly convinced by the code. It might help, but more likely will produce one mason and one scum claiming to be the chosen one. This could be helpful if it happened sooner than later, of course.

I really don't see a lot of benefit in random voting, though.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:16 pm UTC

It gives us something to go on. Day 1's usually consist of everyone silently sitting around, waiting for something to happen, while scum giggles because no-one's getting any reads.
This crowd knows me well enough that an unexplained vote from me simply does nothing, apart from giving information from me out to everyone. Everyone voting goes around this, as it doesn't just expose one tie from me, but from everyone. It gets things rolling, so to speak.

patzer

Postby patzer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:10 pm UTC

Vote:t1mm01994
Partially to get something going, and partially because his reaction to the code seems over the top.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:34 am UTC

Well I've got a question for everyone. Also i recommend others think of questions to help get things going.

1) Do you get the joke in all the flavor so far?

Also fos: dimochka and xenomortis, both are lurking and have a tendency to lurk as scum.

vote: dimochka

Fyi I'm off for the next three days so may not post much.

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:45 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:1) Do you get the joke in all the flavor so far?

What joke?
No.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:57 am UTC

I don't get the joke. So, in spite, and to please T1mm.

Vote: BoomFrog

CLD

Postby CLD » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:05 pm UTC

@BoomFrog - I think I get the joke. AND I've completed 3 games here and have been town in each.

Vote: freezeblade

Or Tim. freezeblade is slightly worse as he implicated me as weird for the code idea and then went along with it anyways. At least Tim has principles.
Spoiler:
Satea Murua

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:09 pm UTC

It's kinda strange, but I figured that it couldn't hurt to go along, not much information could be gathered by it really. Sort of like the "If I Was A Cop" thing, where even if you aren't a cop, it can't hurt.

CLD

Postby CLD » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:11 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:I'm going to have to keep my guard up around you.
So you meant nothing by this?
Spoiler:
Satea Murua

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Do you get the joke in all the flavor so far?

No, I do not. Also I was away for the weekend came back to an utter mess at work, almost done taking care of it. I am not lurking on purpose and should be ok after today.

Now to more important topics.

Vote: mpolo

For clearly starting a bandwagon.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:47 pm UTC

CLD wrote:
freezeblade wrote:I'm going to have to keep my guard up around you.
So you meant nothing by this?

Nope, just a bit of playful patter to start off the game. I look back on it now, and I can see that it could have been easy to see other intentions, which were not, well, intended.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:44 am UTC

Xenomortis wrote:I'll be away until Monday.

BoomFrog wrote:Also fos: dimochka and xenomortis, both are lurking and have a tendency to lurk as scum.

And as town.

The joke: maybe, if I read it a certain way.

As for the whole cryptography/code thing:
Cryptology:
  1. You are not allowed to discuss different cryptography techniques or use any new techiques you learned since the game started.
  2. Any clues/breadcrumbs/codes must be solvable without using any tools, including pen and paper.
  3. You are not allowed to suspect anyone because of their refusal to use cryptography.

That pretty much renders anything beyond simple breadcrumbs meaningless.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:30 pm UTC

Votals:
Boomfrog - 2 (t1mm, mpolo)
t1mm - 1 (patzer)
dimochka - 1 (boomfrog)
freezeblade - 1 (CLD)
mpolo - 1 (dimochka)

Deadline in 3 days.
-Adam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed May 01, 2013 7:50 am UTC

Today is going to be a little bit hard for participation, as I'm headed out to the countryside to enjoy the holiday. I honestly didn't realize I was putting a second vote on BoomFrog — certainly he shouldn't be in any more danger than anyone else. So, to spread out the votes and make our new player feel welcome:

Unvote (BoomFrog)

Vote: patzer

Maybe I can slip in for a few minutes this evening.

patzer

Postby patzer » Wed May 01, 2013 7:53 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:1) Do you get the joke in all the flavor so far?.

Are you going to tell us what the joke is?

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:00 am UTC

Unvote
Vote: mpolo

for actively discouraging things from happening. Seriously, nothing's happening, I propose something to make stuff happen, you discourage it, you accidentally maybe make something happen perhaps, you discourage it, and nothing's happening still. Not how town's going to win this game. Everyone town, take risks and stuff. You might die if you're the only one sticking your neck out, but at least it will benefit town, and there's always new games to join after you're done in this one. Sitting around makes it shooting without knowing which way the barrel points - stupid at best, suicidal at worst.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed May 01, 2013 3:09 pm UTC

Feelings about the players:

t1mm is agressive as usual, but I'm going to go mostly townie on feel here.
patzer really hasn't provided enough to give a feel, other than his vote for t1mm, which came without a whole lot of justification
freezeblade's little comment about keeping his guard up is probably the scummiest thing we've seen thus far, but it's not really enough to carry a lynch.
BoomFrog has been unusually quiet during the week (but I think he said he was away for a couple of days).
CLD started the idea about mason identification codes. I am tending to think that they won't be as helpful as he thought they'd be, but not actively harmful, so I'm going to call this a borderline town.
Xenomortis was supposed to be away until Monday, and it's Wednesday now.
dimochka has little content.

Which leaves me with

Townie
T1mm
CLD

Neutral
Boomfrog

Lurky
Xenomortis
dimochka

Approaching active lurking (Has posted several times, but never more than two lines, and not really adding to the discussion)
patzer

I guess I'm kind of happy with my vote where it ended up, but it wouldn't take a lot to convince me I'm wrong here.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed May 01, 2013 3:57 pm UTC

I love how a off-handed banter comment can land me into the most scummy position for the day.

I agree on the active lurking aspect though, he really hasn't given any content to speak of, which puts him as number one on my lynch list at the moment.

It's really hard to get any reads on D1. Bleh.

vote: patzer

Return to “Mafia”