Adam’s Standard RulesTM:
- You cannot post in this thread unless you are alive and included in the player list.
- You cannot talk about this game outside of this thread, unless in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
- You cannot edit your posts.
- You cannot quote private messages from the mod.
- You cannot lurk.
- You cannot ruin the game for other players.
- You cannot say, imply, or pretend that a hammer vote has been cast unless it is obvious from counting the public votes in the thread.
- If you break any of these rules, you will lose, be removed from the game, and shame will be heaped on you.
Game Specific Rules:
- You can unvote before changing votes, but you don’t have to. Only your most recent vote will count.
- Once a player has received the majority of votes (“hammer”), that player is dead. The day ends immediately.
- Every player has a single vote and there are no vote-rigging mechanics of any kind.
- Votes will reset if there is a daykill or modkill. A deadline extension would be given as needed.
- The mod will give the players a deadline for the end of each day. Once the deadline has been reached, players may still post and change votes (unless hammer has been reached). However, once the mod announces the end of day, all votes are finalized.
- If the mod comes online and no player has a majority of the votes, then the person with the most votes is lynched. If the votals are tied, then random.org will randomly select one of the tied players to be lynched. No Lynch always wins ties.
- Deadlines are bankable. Basically, whatever time is leftover between the hammer and the posted deadline will carry over to the next day.
- The basic deadline is 96 hours (plus whatever you have banked up). Nights will last at least 48 hours, and never more than 72 hours.
Setup and Roles:
- Game starts on N0. There are no kills allowed on N0.
- You may all publically talk at night, including N0.
- Everyone is either a member of the mafia or a member of the town. There are no independents, and your win condition will never change.
- Mafia (and masons) can privately chat at all times.
- Town wins if mafia is eliminated from the game and at least one town remains.
- Mafia wins if they eliminate town.
- All roles are sane and do exactly what they say, unless the role PM states that there are other possibilities (e.g. a cop may be told that they are either sane or insane).
- There are no roles which necessitate the existence of certain other roles.
- The mod will never lie to the players, but he may tell slightly misleading truths (or not!).
- Players with targeting abilities can target themselves unless stated otherwise in their role PM.
- There is no anti-claiming mechanic (other than scum learning the townie power roles, etc).
- Roles and factions will be revealed on the morning after death. Role details (sanity, etc.) may or may not be revealed.
- Order of night actions and other setup information will not be disclosed, except to say that the mods are attempting to make everything as standard as possible.
- The mafia and masons are informed if anyone is capable of listening to their private chat.
- You are not allowed to discuss different cryptography techniques or use any new techiques you learned since the game started.
- Any clues/breadcrumbs/codes must be solvable without using any tools, including pen and paper.
- You are not allowed to suspect anyone because of their refusal to use cryptography.
Vanilla Town PM
Your final words, before you were thrown into this pit. You know that you can only leave when the gang is dead.
You are vanilla town.
You win when all mafiosa are dead and at least one town member remains alive.
- Adam H