ThunderDome Mafia Game Over: Mafia Win

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

cemper93

Re: ThunderDome Mafia D1: Alliances

Postby cemper93 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:13 am UTC

EBWOP hammer should definitely post who we let live in case there is a tie in the survivor votals.

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed May 29, 2013 11:33 am UTC

I can't figure it out. Thud has no content, and you freak out at the slightest provocation. I'd like to think you're town for this idea, but I don't know if I'd stake the game on it.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:49 am UTC

Unvote

Vote: thudworm

The combination of how quick you were to vote for lynx and how reluctant you are to pick a townie makes you loose the town points you had just regained. Whereas lynx seems to be keen on avoiding this strategy at all, you seem to be very keen on being the last survivor, rather than having any townie survive.

And yes, thudworm is lurking, but somehow she hasn't pinged me much still.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed May 29, 2013 12:08 pm UTC

I'm not going to apologize for it. You're both acting scummy. You are jumping on everything I say and saying a lurker is townier because she doesn't say anything. I'm the only one I know is town, as is always the case.

And I wasn't quick to vote for lynx. If I was, I would have done it three days ago, when he attacked me then disappeared when I pointed out how stupid it was.

You know what? Something fishy's going on with you. I'm not particularly strategic, so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something favorable to scum in this scenario.

Unvote
Vote: NL

At least this way we won't lose right away.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

lynx

Postby lynx » Wed May 29, 2013 12:26 pm UTC

Right, I'm here now but it looks like I'm a bit late to the party. So, to strategising!

I'd imagine we have 3 town vigs and one scum PR (as Suzaku seems to have been vanilla), maybe an RB or rolecop.
I suppose it's possible that there were two scum left, but I think that's highly improbable in a game this size.

So, the options available to us:
Lynch me while a) USN and thudworm vig each other (cemper's alignment wins) or the same with USN and cemper (thudworm wins).
NL and no-kill, then do the same thing tomorrow with more information once the remaining scum kills one of us.

NL gives us the advantage of choosing between less players for the lynch tomorrow.
Leaving cemper alive is certainly a possibility but I don't think he's really convinced me of his towniness today. He seems a little too keen on keeping himself alive.

More later as I'm off for lunch.
Vote: No Lynch

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:52 pm UTC

lynx wrote:NL and no-kill, then do the same thing tomorrow with more information once the remaining scum kills one of us.

Ack, why haven't I seen that this is possible. NL and no kill, then pick a survivor, then NL again and play my strategy obviously works as well. Actually, given the information we have, I might even agree that this is the best idea.

Roleblockers might screw with the strategy, but unless scum can NK and roleblock on the same night, I don't think that they pose a threat. But we can see about that tomorrow.

Lynx seems to provide more content, so I won't hammer NL yet. I might however do so later.

Unvote

lynx

Postby lynx » Wed May 29, 2013 4:55 pm UTC

Well if for some reason I'm killed tonight, I think USN is the way to go with the information we have now, and agree with the points cemper made about her insisting on being let live. However, I think cemper was also guilty of this to a small extent.
USN also had a bandwagonny vote on me prompted by cemper before going with a more sensible NL.

thudworm has made only one post today but it wasn't a bad one, I suppose.

lynx

Postby lynx » Thu May 30, 2013 9:58 am UTC

Day ends this evening. Everyone needs to put their suspicions here for tomorrow.

thudworm

Postby thudworm » Thu May 30, 2013 2:21 pm UTC

Lynx is currently my top pick for scum, as I said before. Stuff like this just seems to be scum tactic for subtly laying down doubt (based on nothing) on others, so that he's able to get on a bandwagon and point at previous suspicions to fly under the radar a bit easier.

cemper93 wrote: Last night I withheld.

lynx wrote:cemper - the towniest so far IMO. Claiming what was presumably the scum kill is a little iffy IMO, as it seems to me that he could be covering his bases in case of trackers or watchers.

Looking back between USN and cemper, I just don't know. I did have cemper at townier than USN, but he does seem to have a lack of consistency between posts.

Looks like we are NLing and all with-holding our kills tonight. Depending on who is NK'd I'll re-evaluate who I think is town or scum, or maybe I'll be the one to cop it, and it won't matter for me anyway :lol:

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:06 pm UTC

Main suspicion is still lynx, but he did win a few townie points today with his strategy talk. USN I can't read, thudworm is townish neutral.

lynx

Postby lynx » Thu May 30, 2013 9:17 pm UTC

That just leaves USN, deadline just passed but we can talk at night as well so no worries there.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Fri May 31, 2013 1:19 am UTC

Where I use the power of the edit button to make it seem like I was totally on top of this post yesterday :)

Day One seems to have lasted forever, when Bam, it was Night Two

Final Votals
No Lynch (2) - USN, lynx

No Lynch has been lynched. Deadline is 48 hours from this post (which is Sunday at 1.20am GMT)

I will adjudicate early if I receive all night actions early. Unreceived actions will be randomised.
Last edited by Diemo on Fri May 31, 2013 3:05 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

lynx

Postby lynx » Fri May 31, 2013 8:29 am UTC

Okay, I withheld for tonight. I'm pretty sure USN is the last scum though.

As for my comment on cemper claiming the scum kill, sorry but I misread his post where he said he would have killed Adam.
I thought cemper was claiming having targeted Adam. Of course, now that we know we're all vigs it doesn't really matter.

So tomorrow, the plan is NL again while USN and either cemper or thudworm kill each other. See you then! Maybe. :P

UniqueScreenname

Re: ThunderDome Mafia N2: Peace

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:16 am UTC

I suppose I could give you points for being consistent even though you aren't even making any sense and you know it too. But whatever.

Diemo

Re: ThunderDome Mafia N2: Peace

Postby Diemo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:41 am UTC

Thudworm is dead. She was town vigilante.

Game over. Mafia win.

Congratulations to Suzaku, UniqueScreenname and lynx.

Ill post the modnotes tomorrow
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

lynx

Re: ThunderDome Mafia Game Over: Mafia Win

Postby lynx » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:04 pm UTC

Boom!

I was so sure we had a traitor that I nearly threw the game away as a result. GG everyone and thanks for the game, Diemo!

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:10 pm UTC

Modnotes:
N1:
Adam H targets Suzaku
Thudworm targets Suzaku
cemper93 withholds
Suzaku targets Adam H (Mafia)

N2:
cemper93 withholds
thudworm times out (I didn't bnother to randomise because mafia had won anyhow)
lynx kills thudworm (Mafia)

Setup is actually an open setup called Kill Everyone Mafia. Sorry about the messup with scum submissions, I forgot that scum would probably think they had traitors and had to come up with a system on the fly (which wasn't a great one) but it didn't matter in the end anyhow.
--Douglas Adams

lynx

Postby lynx » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

As for feedback, I think making this set-up closed favoured scum. If town had known everyone else was a vig, there would have been much more opportunity for forming a strategy while the town was still powerful enough to shoot us. Also, we'd never have got away with pushing a no-lynch and no-kill in an open set-up. I could even see this favouring the town a little if open.

Ideal strat probably would have been to NL both days and have everyone choose (then claim) their targets. It was a fun game anyway though, we got a bit lucky when cemper and thud claimed first (in fact, a mass-claim D1 would have sunk us for sure) and I have no idea how we got away with making everyone withhold kills on the last night!

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:21 pm UTC

I actually had assumed all of town would be vigs from the sign-ups when it said "7 killers needed". Also i thought there was a traitor too at first, which may have helped with balance, actually.

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:31 am UTC

Congrats.

I agree though that this would have been more balanced with an open setup. At least lynx couldn't have convinced me to NL if I had known that there were still two scum alive, though if we had let USN live we would have lost anyway.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:06 pm UTC

I liked it closed. It was definitely completely different from the open setup, and town almost won even at 2v2 - if they hadn't let lynx convince them to wait a day to go with that plan then we would have won.

The scum thinking there was a traitor was almost enough to balance out the fact that the strategy was completely different, IMO. Although once everyone claimed vig it was easy enough to guess what was going on.
-Adam

Return to “Mafia”