Worst Roles Mafia - D3 Who knows whats going on

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Arlick

Re: Worst Roles Mafia

Postby Arlick » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:15 am UTC

Kinda dizzy at the moment, will probably crash after this.
unvote
vote: Dj
Not gonna lie, that post about "getting to trend" seemed way off, couldn't even take it in sarcasm. It seems to me as a slip of being a cultist of some sort. Annoyingly I got back after Lataro voted, so I know this will seem like the start of a bandwagon, even so i don't particularly want to take that risk of leaving the cultist in for too long. Furthermore the thing about hashtags not counting towards character limit seems like it could circumvent not being able to post content, so i want to ask why you haven't already done that (for which i'd assume another restriction on top of that) which is the number one reason for my vote. That may change with a decent response. The second reason being preventing Madge from being hammered too soon.

With all the votes on Madge, i was kinda surprised at that. This just seems an overkill way of removing someone from a game. I suggest we don't vote for Madge until
another vote is present on another player: It seems as though Madge requires all other votes to be placed on her.

so far:

Djehutynakht - Possible slip in mentioning "trending power". Claims it was a joke. Restricted from posting content. Scummiest person from my perspective.

Lataro - Unquotable, unable to tell us what will happen. My suspicion is he will either become muted for the rest of the day, obviously not something we want to have happen. Mostly targeting me, seems to be turning to target Dj. Unsure, aggressive town most likely.

Madge - Rubber/Glue role? Vote-magnet? Not sure. Mostly helping Dj be able to post. Seems more like genuine towniness rather than buddying. Good analysis, probable town.

thdl - Not sure why but thdl just comes off as town to me. Don't have any clue why, he just does and i can't even justify it. Frustrating, i'll leave you at neutral for now and devote some time to a proper analysis.

StubbsKVM - A bit of a lurker right now, not much to go on.

KrO2 - Definite announcement on who he's targeting. This doesn't seem like a cult play, especially with the chance of full claim. However this doesn't mean he hasn't asked wam for a false-claim. Maybe town.

cjquines - Fearful of posting for good reason. I'm curious if you can just use text in MSpaint to circumvent that; i doubt it but hey, worth a shot. For now i'd suggest scanning pages or learning morse code. I'm also curious if she's allowed to use a different language that we can try and translate, although most online translators are dodgy to say the least. Unsure, possibly indy.

ConMan - Playing safe by voting for me, as most people seem to agree that i am anti-town. Second scummiest in my opinion, though with little to go on from some people that isn't saying much. Leaning anti-town.

P.S Madge, please re-read the gender pro-nouns thread. It doesn't really bother me, but just in future :)
I have some questions, and by that I mean one. Is anyone else afraid of toasters?
Go easy on my spelling, I am slightly dyslexic.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:38 am UTC

Seriously? Trending was a Twitter joke. Too little players for a cult maybe? Hashtag exemption a gift from Wam. I feel I shouldn't abuse. #NoSenseOfHumor

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:44 am UTC

Serious Edit:

I made a posting screw-up. On page 1 I was attempting to quote myself (on the Trend power) post. However, due to some massively Grand Screw-Up, I ended up editing the post instead. That message can be found there. The original post I am reposting below:

Djehutynakht wrote:Yes! I am the Tweeter! I must tweet my messages. And my power is that I get to trend! #Sarcasm #DammitTwitter
Anyways, point taken. #Clarification

May the mods forgive. This restriction is messing me up in so many ways. #Dammit

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:07 am UTC

Madge is correct. She has been hammered. All votes after the hammer do not count. Her role will be revealed in the morning.

It is now night. Send all actions to wam and me. D2 starts in three days.

I apologize for the confusion.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

wam

Postby wam » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 pm UTC

My apologies also for the confusion and chaos!
Come join us playing mafia signup here

wam

Postby wam » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

Just to put a definate deadline on it the dealine for N1 is 1.00 pm Wednesday the 17th

Any actions received after this won't be counted

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:36 pm UTC

Madge was lynched her Role Pm is below

Whipping boy
You are the town Whipping Boy, you win when all threats to town are defeated.
Any no lynch vote or abstainment after 72 hours into a day (86 hours D1) counts as a vote for you. You may not claim this voting issue, however, the votes will show up in the votals after 72 hours as well

KrO2 Was Night killed, his role PM is below

Dynamite fisher
You are a compulsive town Dynamite Fisher. You win if all threats to the town are defeated.
You can select up to 2 players at Night and throw dynamites at them. If they are Non Town, they won't die. If they are Town, they will die.
If you kill a Town, it is said so in flavour.

It is now D2 7 alive, 4 to lynch deadline in 5 days.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Re: Worst Roles Mafia - D2 Confusion

Postby ConMan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:58 pm UTC

Wow, those roles were terrible. But I suppose that's the point. And we can almost thank scum for the KrO2 kill - the odds of him hitting town would have been a bit too high compared to the chance of an effective cop. More when it isn't 2AM here.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:16 pm UTC

Madge REALLY should have encouraged us to vote more given that conditional.

vote: Alrick

Still put them at the top of my scum list, and with only one other townie at most out there besides myself, I think odds are very good here.

I think Dje is solo survivor, so it's between Alrick, ConMan, th dl, and Stubbs for the last townie spot.

I'll take a greater than 75% chance of hitting cult/mafia, since the cult may have recruited the last townie besides myself.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

thdl

Postby thdl » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:52 pm UTC

So, KrO2 did not kill anyone last night, which means he managed to hit 2 non town. He claimed that his scummiest people were Arlick and ConMan, which makes them his likely targets (I'm really bummed he didn't actually get to claim). If they were, in fact, his targets, then they are both non town.

I think I'll be back with a vote for one of the 2 (right now, I'm at 60/40 Arlick/ConMan).

And, Lataro, it is very possible that there are 3 town players left (we started with 5, not 4). If the cult hit KrO2 or any or any of the other non town factions or couldn't recruit for whatever reason, we still are 3 rather than 2.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:01 pm UTC

Wam: Did KrO2 have to use his dynamite every night? Would his throwing be cancelled by his death? #Boldedquestion

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:17 pm UTC

KrO2 had to target at least on person a night

All kills are simultaneous

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:49 pm UTC

I was going from my numbers yesterday and forgot that I was at 4 plus one for myself, not just four total.

So two dead, myself, and two others then, possibly only one...

Doesn't change my vote, but thanks for the correction.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:55 pm UTC

Well, I can't imagine KRO not targetting Arlick. And he's still alive.

Vote Arlick
Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.(Suzaku)

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:59 pm UTC

Just want to apologise for misreading my role PM, I assumed votes only lynched me at deadline. Otherwise I would have played differently. I sorry I failed you all and good luck!!!!!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Arlick

Postby Arlick » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:22 am UTC

Ok then, I can explain why nothing would've happened to me overnight. I'm a solo-survivor with no restrictions on anything i may post. Killing me won't get rid of scum, and as I'm technically not town aligned I wouldn't be killed by KrO2's dynamite. I know this seems suss with respect to my previous posting but i'd rather not be killed at night because scum think im acting like a towny. Of course having revealed that, cult may try to recruit me. At this point, I'd rather not waste a lynch on me because of something like that.

So i suggest we work out who KrO2 also targeted, namely ConMan as he was also on KrO2's scum list.
StubbsKVM wrote:Well, I can't imagine KRO not targetting Arlick. And he's still alive.

This seems like a weak excuse for a vote. You haven't even stopped to think that independent wouldn't show up, because (and i reiterate for good measure) independent is non-town aligned.
Given that it's likely KrO2 would have also targeted ConMan, this makes it seem like StubbsKVM is trying to stay away from that possibilty and protect ConMan at the same time. However it would be better to assume that ConMan is scum in this case as he would have been targeted, and Stubbs just isn't paying all that much attention.

EGMEOY: StubbsKVM
Vote: ConMan
I have some questions, and by that I mean one. Is anyone else afraid of toasters?

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:02 am UTC

Arlick's giving me some weird vibes. I don't trust him based on posts. I'll try and elaborate in my next post once someone replies #IThinkHesScum

Vote: Arlick

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:15 am UTC

Lataro wrote:Madge REALLY should have encouraged us to vote more given that conditional.

vote: Alrick

Still put them at the top of my scum list, and with only one other townie at most out there besides myself, I think odds are very good here.

I think Dje is solo survivor, so it's between Alrick, ConMan, th dl, and Stubbs for the last townie spot.

I'll take a greater than 75% chance of hitting cult/mafia, since the cult may have recruited the last townie besides myself.

I agree with all of this, although I'm also trying to work out what happened with KrO2 - I am town to the best of my knowledge, so I can only assume that he didn't target me last night for some unknown reason.

Anyway, I don't trust Arlick's claim, and so I'll pop a vote on him now ...

Vote: Arlick

... and now I'll go back and try to find the post that I think contradicts his claim.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:16 am UTC

EBWOP: I missed seeing Dje ninja me. Uh, that might be hammer.

Oops.
pollywog wrote:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:43 am UTC

EBWOP again, seeing as hammer hasn't been called yet: Also, I could have sworn that I was quoting someone other than Lataro. FAILPOST. Still, we get to see what happens (at least I assume we do).
pollywog wrote:

Arlick

Postby Arlick » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:46 am UTC

Yeah that looks like hammer.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:50 am UTC

...damn. I didn't see that one. I guess we should quiet down now. Hopefully I didn't just cost a town #DammitConMan

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:55 am UTC

Hammer! Arlick has been lynched.

Get your actions in. Night lasts three days.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

Night will be extende till mon as I wont be online till then.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:42 am UTC

My apologies for the delay been very busy. Will start D3 when I get back from work. Approx 6 hours time.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:42 pm UTC

Arlick was lynched his role pm is below

You are an indecisive jester/survivor. You win if you are lynched on an odd day and the game ends on an odd day. You also win if you are not killed in any way and the game ends on an even day. Otherwise, you lose.

Lataro was Night Killed His original Role PM and revised one is below

Orginal
You are the town Scared Annoying Child - You win when all threats to town are defeated, however whenever someone quotes you, you must not post in that topic for 36 hours because you are afraid that someone is after you. When you do post you must post in l33t Sp33|< for 12 hours. If anyone asks you if you are the Scared Annoying Child, or you claim it you lose your vote.

Revised
You are approached by XXXX who trys to convince you to join his secret organisation, this inspires you to setup your own secret organisation as running it sounds much more fun, but you decide to keep the disscussion between you going.

You are now a cult recruiter, each night you may PM the mods a name of a player you wish to recruit.

You win when your cult is the largest group or if that is inevitable, all other cults must be destroyed as well.

This replaces your previous Role PM and your Posting restriction no longer applies.

It is now D3 5 Alive 3 to lynch

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Re: Worst Roles Mafia - D3 Who knows whats going on

Postby ConMan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:05 pm UTC

Ew ew ew ew. A cult recruiter who spawns rival cults? That's horrendous. Hopefully, though, Lataro's death means that he didn't get his cult action. So, of the five of us, two are scum, and depending on how the cult works either one or two are cult and the remainder are town. This does not look good for ... well, for just about anyone, really. Especially not someone who managed to make two mistakes on D2.

So, uh, anyone want to claim anything?
pollywog wrote:

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:01 am UTC

So we killed an independent and Mafia killed a cultist. Not bad, but today we have to hit spot on. I’m still tweeter. #LYLO

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:19 am UTC

post3.png

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:45 am UTC

Massclaim is disencouraged by Wam.

That cult thing is pretty funny.

If I'm counting right, there's a maximum of 2 town remaining.

I can't see conman being town after the hammer on Arlick.
Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.(Suzaku)

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:58 pm UTC

StubbsKVM wrote:If I'm counting right, there's a maximum of 2 town remaining.

5 remain. There was 1 cult and 1 indie, who just both died. This means 2 Mafia, 3 Town. Why would you think only 2 town? Cult recruit? #Unsure

thdl

Postby thdl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:
StubbsKVM wrote:If I'm counting right, there's a maximum of 2 town remaining.

5 remain. There was 1 cult and 1 indie, who just both died. This means 2 Mafia, 3 Town. Why would you think only 2 town? Cult recruit? #Unsure

From Lataro's role PM having been revised, it seems Lataro was "recruited" (incidentally, I feel sorry for XXXXX, they have a much, much worse role than me). This means the original recruiter is still alive since we haven't seen them flip. If they "recruited" the other towny last night, then I'm the last town left and am basically kingmaker. Based on Lataro's PM, it seems there are no less than 4 factions alive (culter, cultee, mafia, and town).

If cult "recruited" mafia last night, then we have a small chance based on hopes of infighting - we have to lynch the original culter or the culted mafia though, preferring the latter.

If cult "recruited" town, I'm not really seeing a way to win this (sorry town! - my power is basically useless now); town will never be the majority, and I can't get the last 2 factions to kill eachother at the same time, so no sequence of actions, barring mafia targeting themselves and the original culter witholding and helping town, results in a town win. Anyone have any ideas?

Of the rest of you: If we have another towny, I think Cj is most likely to be town, as he has the most lynchable post restriction. I'm putting Dj and Stubbs possibly original culters. I still put Conman as most likely mafia, though he may have been culted. I'm about 2/3 sure I want to vote for Conman today, and maybe evenly split on Stubbs and Dj for the rest. I may have to think n the strategy of that as some things are occuring to me. I'm not sure I want to speculate further there right now. I would like to hear from everyone else before committing though. I will also be interested to see if we do have a remaining towny.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:11 pm UTC

Are you saying you yourself are not townie #Questionmark

thdl

Postby thdl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:Are you saying you yourself are not townie #Questionmark

I fail to see how you came to that conclusion from my post. I briefly considered claiming antitown, as there might have been a way for me to mess with the factions to pull out a win (upon further consideration, also, maybe not), but I thought it more likely that would result in my instalynch and => town loss.

I have at most one other ally. If that person exists, I believe them to be CJ. Though CJ would also have been a good cult choice - getting no attention and with an excuse, assuming XXXXX is uninformed as befits a "worst role," so who knows.

In other words: you're likely all scum. I'm fairly certain between your previous post and this one that you, dj, are not cult, which means you're probably mafia (I'm think the chance you're town is very slim). I recommend being on my good side if this is the case, because tomorrow will probably come down to 2 scum factions and me, so I get to choose who wins (unless I'm culted tonight, then maybe I win, but town doesn't).

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:56 pm UTC

I don't really see Why CJ would be town. He's suffering from a post restriction and barely has any content.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

thdl wrote:. I will also be interested to see if we do have a remaining towny.

If you think there’s only maybe 1 remaining townie, then you obviously aren’t it, or else you'd have said "I wonder if I'm the only one" #FoS #VerbalSlip?

thdl

Postby thdl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:02 pm UTC

? There is guaranteed to be at least 1 town remaining. I am interested to see if there's one besides me, though I guess I see how that could have been unclear if you don't accept that there between 1 and 2 townies inclusive (I can't see why you wouldn't).

Also, there pretty much don't exist scumslips at this point. The only people that need to cajole others into voting are scum. I can pretty much throw down a random vote and be almost guaranteed to hit scum (I put it at >90% using unbiased probabilities FMPOV. The only questions are: which scum do I want to hit, and how accurate am I, or am I hitting my possibly nonexistent ally?

So who, DJ, do you want to vote for?

Also, to whichever 2 of you started (and continued?) as Mafia: You need to take out the cult - I'm fairly certain your faction loses if either the culter or the cultee are not lynched/NKed today, but it depends a little on the exact mechanics of the cult process, which is unclear from Lataro's PM. If you would like to come out of the woodwork, I'd be willing to help you take one of them down with the lynch. Unless you suspect your partner of being cult (and there is a 2/3 chance of this FMPOV) - perhaps you should think carefully about where you want to target your NK...

@Stubbs: I think CJ is town b/c that's an awful powerful role to give to mafia in a game with bad roles (lurking with a free pass. possible inventor). Also, I believe it was listed as town i the worst roles thread (though my memory on that is a bit fuzzy). I'm not sure where you fit in the scheme of things. You may be the original cultist, but I get more of a mafia vibe from you. That would mean Conman is the original cultist if my spec on DJ and CJ is right though... time to think some more.

thdl

Postby thdl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:17 pm UTC

EBWOP: I got the probabilities wrong - that's what I get for doing it in my head. It's a >83% chance FMPOV that a random vote hits scum, so not quite as high. Warrants a little more caution, but not much.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:50 pm UTC

Yeah, I bet I look terribly scummy right now. I'm waiting on some mod confirmation about something before I make any major claims, but my defence for hammering Arlick was pretty much exactly what I said when it happened - I made the vote, and somehow missed the fact that Dje had already made his, hence the hammer. It was never my intention to end the day so quickly, I just wanted to put Arlick at L-1 so he'd have some pressure on him (and presumably Dje thought the same).

I'm actually not sure whether the culting thing is better or worse if the "creates rival cult leaders" was a one-off. I assume that was the point, otherwise we could end up with as many cults as players, and with it being once-off the "original" cult and the "rival" cult then go at it in endgame. Still, I think we need to take care of the cult (as we do in most games), possibly even with town and scum working together to do so, then it hopefully becomes a much more straightforward game in the last day or so.
pollywog wrote:

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:00 am UTC

2 nights, 2 cult recruits. 3 cultists. -1 for Lataro. So we have 2 cultists, 1 town, 2 mafia. Well then, seems like we're all probably scum. #TheHorror

Return to “Mafia”