FaceBook vs Twitter, A Mafia Story - GAME OVER

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

StubbsKVM

Re: FaceBook vs Twitter, A Mafia Story - Night 3

Postby StubbsKVM » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:37 am UTC

Errr. Is Lataro dead? Or what?
Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.(Suzaku)

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:02 am UTC

good question.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 am UTC

Apologies for not making it obvious.

Lataro is dead.

Wam has left the game.

Players left in room:

Bouer
KrO2
StubbsKVM
thdl

4 left - 3 to lynch

(Sorry, double-counted)
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 am UTC

Wam left the game?

This game is weird to say the least.
Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.(Suzaku)

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

It probably means wam was a lyncher, either for US and he won or for Lataro and he lost.
Bigger problem: if there are alliances and they're working, then there are probably two teammates left. So why have they not won yet?

bouer

Postby bouer » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

I don't know what to do. Stubbs and thdl both had their moments when they acted a little weird, but nothing suspicious enough to lynch on. Krypton dioxide hasn't seemed like town or scum to me. We still haven't had a reveal. At least we know there can't be any more than 2 mafia.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:56 pm UTC

So now we random vote someone off? Or what?
I have nothing to go on really.

thdl

Postby thdl » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:33 pm UTC

Wam leaving seems to imply that he has either won or is no longer able to win. Lataro dying seems to imply that there is, in fact a NK floating around. Which raises the issue of where it was N1. My completely unsubstantiated ping at this point is on KrO2; his most recent post rubs me the wrong way.

Mod, are there hidden bolded actions (I'm thinking "unmask" at this point)?

KrO2 wrote:It probably means wam was a lyncher, either for US and he won or for Lataro and he lost.
Bigger problem: if there are alliances and they're working, then there are probably two teammates left. So why have they not won yet?

I would assume that if there is still an alliance alive, then they don't share a wincon - probably just some sort of private chat.

I'll do some more thinking, but there is precious little to go on in this thread. Anyone want to claim anything?

StubbsKVM

Re: FaceBook vs Twitter, A Mafia Story - Day 4

Postby StubbsKVM » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:29 am UTC

Well, my win condition is that 1 specific guy must die.

I suppose that guy is one of you three.

I suppose wam had something similar, and Lataro was his target. Or something like that.
I don't have a nightkill, so that means I'm town, I suppose.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:03 am UTC

thdl wrote:

Mod, are there hidden bolded actions (I'm thinking "unmask" at this point)?

Indeed there is, that exactly, on dead bodies only.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

thdl

Postby thdl » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:42 pm UTC

Yay! Well then, lets give it a go:

Unmask: Lataro

Unmask: USN

And, because the world might, in fact, be kind:

Unmask: wam

Unmask: Valius II

And, just for fun:

Unmask: StubbsKVM

Lets see how man of those stick - They are list roughly in order of my decreasing expectation that they work.

thdl

Postby thdl » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:43 pm UTC

EBWOP: Whoops, didn't read the "on dead bodies only part" I guess you can ignore the Stubbs Unmask (and the wam if he doesn't count as a dead body)

bouer

Postby bouer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:51 pm UTC

Unfortunately; based on previous posts from BigNose I think any body* which has left the room can't be unmasked anymore.

Seeing as Stubbs has a 33% chance of wanting me dead I kind of want to lynch him. If he's lying about the night kill, after all someone does have one, then he just about wins. If he's telling the truth then someone else has a night kill and we should kill them instead.

Stubbs, do you win if you die, and then your target dies after, or do you need to survive to the end of the game?

*See what I did there?

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:06 pm UTC

I need to survive.

BigNose

Re: FaceBook vs Twitter, A Mafia Story - Day 3

Postby BigNose » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:34 pm UTC

Hint:

Help me take out Lataro's body

As the body is removed, . . .

Does that answer your question?

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:24 am UTC

thdl wrote:And, just for fun:

Lets see how man of those stick - They are list roughly in order of my decreasing expectation that they work.

Why would you do that? I mean, maybe-unmask a living player. If it worked it would have been equivalent to forcing a claim. I haven't decided whether to take that as a scumtell or not, though.

bouer

Postby bouer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:41 am UTC

I'll be gone for 2 or 3 days.

For now I'll

Vote thdl.

I've decided to temporarily trust stubbs' claim, and a reread of KrO2 and thdl posts showed thdl looking slightly more scummy.

thdl

Re: FaceBook vs Twitter, A Mafia Story - Day 3

Postby thdl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

BigNose wrote:
Hint:

Help me take out Lataro's body

As the body is removed, . . .

Does that answer your question?

Ya, I kinda figured, but I had to try.

KrO2 wrote:
thdl wrote:And, just for fun:

Why would you do that? I mean, maybe-unmask a living player. If it worked it would have been equivalent to forcing a claim. I haven't decided whether to take that as a scumtell or not, though.

I wanted to see if it worked on living players (as noted, I failed to read all of BigNose's post). Stubbs was a claimed lyncher, which means he's at least relatively antitown (worse if he's lying) => forcing a claim is not a bad thing. Based on the exchange, I'm willing to bet that bouer and Stubbs are the alliance that was referred to. I actually think NL at this point might be worthwhile; we have at most 1 living scum player (+some indies?) and they have every incentive to take down someone in the alliance.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:03 am UTC

I'm betting all others have the same win condition I have, just a different target.

so

vote thdl

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:35 am UTC

Why would that mean you should vote for him?

Vote: StubbsKVM

Besides, we've had a claimed survivor. Everyone being a lyncher is not the simplest explanation, but would be a good argument for someone who wanted to convince town that it doesn't matter who gets lynched.

bouer

Postby bouer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:55 am UTC

StubbsKVM wrote:I'm betting all others have the same win condition I have, just a different target.

so

vote thdl

Yeah, that didn't make any sense at all. Also, KrO2 makes a good point, there can only be 1 mafia, so killing an anti-town indie isn't a bad idea.

Unvote
Vote Stubbs.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:09 am UTC

Well either you are all hypocrits or you are mafia.

bouer

Postby bouer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:34 pm UTC

Once again, that doesn't make sense. If even 2 of us are mafia they would have won already. There is no reason to believe that because you are an indie everyone is.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:05 pm UTC

Valius was an Indy
Lataro was an Indy
I am an Indy

Notice a theme here?

vote bouer

StubbsKVM

Re: FaceBook vs Twitter, A Mafia Story D2 - A bug in the att

Postby StubbsKVM » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:07 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:I'm Zuckerberg. I needed the twitter guy dead, and I succeeded.

USN too.

thdl

Postby thdl » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:42 am UTC

So nobody wants to NL, interesting - I wonder if the NK was a one shot.

I'm not terribly opposed to lynching stubbs if people don't want to NL, but I am worried about how quickly that turned around - is the alliance bouer and KrO2?

Ah, I might as well hammer - I'd like to find out what's going on:

Vote: StubbsKVM

BigNose

Re: FaceBook vs Twitter, A Mafia Story - Night 4

Postby BigNose » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:44 am UTC

Hmmm. I wonder if they forgot that they could unmask dead people.

Oh well, I gave them a chance.

Votals:

StubbsKVM: 3 (thdl, bouer, KrO2)
bouer: 1 (Stubbs)

StubbsKVM is lynched.

Night action please

BigNose

Re: FaceBook vs Twitter, A Mafia Story - Day 5

Postby BigNose » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:43 am UTC

"I see it gets more interesting all the time. Such fun!"

As Stubbs's body is dragged out, the burka slips, revealing part of the face.

"That was Sergey wasn't it?" cries the masked man currently known as KrO2, in a slightly pleading fashion.

SubbsKVM is lynched.
3 alive
2 votes to lynch

Day 5 starts now. Let's make this quick

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:23 pm UTC

So, with all the time elapsed, I was taking that to mean that we're all just trying not to stand out. I was wondering how long it'd go on, but now that BigNose messaged us all, that's over anyway.

I'm a survivor, with a secondary win condition of keeping a particular person alive. With the lack of unmaskings I have no idea how that went, but they're probably already dead. Anyone else want to claim?

thdl

Postby thdl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:27 am UTC

KrO2 wrote:So, with all the time elapsed, I was taking that to mean that we're all just trying not to stand out. I was wondering how long it'd go on, but now that BigNose messaged us all, that's over anyway.

I'm a survivor, with a secondary win condition of keeping a particular person alive. With the lack of unmaskings I have no idea how that went, but they're probably already dead. Anyone else want to claim?

I was on vacation for a bit and forgot :oops:. I'm back now.

I, too, am a survivor, and my secondary is to see a particular person dead. I'm in a similar situation with regards to not knowing how that went.

I'd like to wait for bouer's claim (probably survivor), but I believe you. Shall we form an alliance and guarantee at least 1 win a piece?

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:34 am UTC

Lynching bouer without him here is kind of one-sided and unfair...let's do it.

vote: bouer

Even if you're lying about your win condition, for anything short of "primary lyncher for me" we can still both win.

thdl

Postby thdl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:35 pm UTC

KrO2 wrote:Lynching bouer without him here is kind of one-sided and unfair...let's do it.

vote: bouer

Even if you're lying about your win condition, for anything short of "primary lyncher for me" we can still both win.

That was my logic.

Vote: bouer

For the record, I'm Steve Balmer and I need Steve Jobs dead.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:51 pm UTC

Votals:
Bouer - 2 (thdl, KrO2)

Bouer is lynched.

GAME OVER

Wins for:
KrO2
thdl
Wam

Storyboard to follow

BigNose

Re: FaceBook vs Twitter, A Mafia Story - GAME OVER

Postby BigNose » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:08 pm UTC

I tried to arrange this game with a ‘realistic’ twist to it. i.e. as if someone had kidnapped each of those named and threw them in a room. The burka mentioned was designed to help with that feel, including ‘hiding the turtle-neck’ jumper of SJ’s fame.

Bouer and KrO2 ‘found’ a sharp letter opener and a pair of scissors on different nights, which they could use Day or Night, although I did express consequences.
It was Bouer’s use on Lataro that caused his downfall. KrO2 never used his, except to deliver a pre N5 on thdl, just in case.
The note, as thdl realised, of T=SB actually meant “thdl is Steve Ballmer”, which thdl conveniently didn’t comment on.
I included a 10% chance of any ‘winner’ from the polar lynching, would also leave, which is why Wam carried Lataro’s body out.

As you worked out, each of you had to kill someone else and even though some threw in a ‘protect someone’, I didn’t include that.

Players – Persona
Bouer = Steve Jobs – to kill Steve Ballmer
KrO2 = Elon Musk – to kill Sergey Brin
StubbsKVM = Sergey Brin – to kill Elon Musk
Madge / Lataro = Larry Page – to kill Larry Ellison
thdl = Steve Ballmer – to kill Steve Jobs
UniqueScreenname = Mark Zuckerberg – to kill Jack Dorsey
wam = Larry Ellison – to kill Larry Page
Valius II = Jack Dorsey – to kill Mark Z.

Steve B on Steve J for obvious reasons
Larry on Larry because there should only be 1 Larry
Sergey on Elon because there should only be one ‘weird’ name.
Jack on Mark Z because start-ups are hard to create, but easy to kill.

The ‘UNMASK’ that was discovered, should have been used in the same post as the Hammer vote, but I allowed it as a Night action request.

KrO2

Re: FaceBook vs Twitter, A Mafia Story - GAME OVER

Postby KrO2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:00 am UTC

That long delay D5 was kind of sad, but since we had started hammering down anyone who speaks up, it was kind of inevitable. But it was penultimate confirmation that we were all indies, so it wasn't a total waste.

Return to “Mafia”