Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Game Over: Town Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Adam H

Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Game Over: Town Win!

Postby Adam H » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:56 pm UTC

Battlestafia Galacticafia

Battlestar Galactica blinks out of existence just as the Cylon raiders converge on its location.

In Galactica's CIC, Commander William Adama and Colonel Saul Tigh exhale, relieved to have escaped. It's been two days since the Cylons nuked the colonies, and the Cylons just keep coming after them. Every thirty-three minutes, without fail, the Cylons jump to the human fleet's new coordinates. Dr. Baltar thinks there's a Cylon aboard who is somehow broadcasting their location to the enemy. Perhaps there is even more than one...

Adam’s Standard RulesTM:
Spoiler:
  1. You cannot post in this thread unless you are alive and included in the player list.
  2. You cannot talk about this game outside of this thread, unless in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
  3. You cannot edit your posts or PMs.
  4. You cannot quote private messages from the mod.
  5. You cannot lurk.
  6. You cannot ruin the game for other players.
  7. You cannot say, imply, or pretend that a hammer vote has been cast unless it is obvious from counting the public votes in the thread.
  8. If you break any of these rules, you will lose, be removed from the game, and shame will be heaped on you.

Game Specific Rules:
Spoiler:
Deadline and Voting:
  1. You can unvote before changing votes, but you don’t have to. Only your most recent vote will count.
  2. Once a player has received the majority of votes (“hammer”), that player is dead. The day ends immediately and players cannot talk or change votes.
  3. Every player has a single vote and there are no vote-rigging mechanics of any kind.
  4. In the case of a tie, the lynchee will be decided randomly, unless the votes are exactly split half and half with everyone voting in which case it will be a No Lynch.
  5. Votes will reset if there is a modkill or daykill. A deadline extension would be given as needed.
  6. The mod will give the players a deadline for the end of each day. Once the deadline has been reached, players may still post and change votes (unless hammer has been reached). However, once the mod announces the end of day, all votes are finalized and players may not post.

Setup and Roles:
  1. Town wins if mafia is eliminated from the game.
  2. Mafia wins if they eliminate town and have one member survive to the end of the game.
  3. All roles may not be sane (i.e. they may not do exactly what they say); however, if the role PM states a sanity then it is for certain.
  4. Rolenames and factions will be revealed on the morning after death.
  5. There is no severe bastardry. The mod may mislead the players either intentionally or unintentionally.
  6. Your win condition is subject to change at any time, but only as a result of player actions and not after or immediately before you die.
  7. Mass-claiming will probably hurt town more than scum, but in many situations it may be a valid strategy. Scum has been given safe claims.
  8. You cannot send any PMs, even in reply to a PM you have received, unless the mod explicitly says that you can.

Sample Town Role PM:
Spoiler:
Billy Keikeya

You are TOWN. Your win condition is to eliminate the Cylons.

Vanilla: Even though you are President Roslin's trusted advisor, you have no abilities other than your vote.

Players:
1. wam - SCUM - Final Five Cylon - Lynched D3
2. Deva - SCUM - Cylon Number 6 - Lynched D2
3. moody7277 - TOWN - Lee "Apollo" Adama - Lynched D1
4. mpolo - TOWN - Karl "Helo" Agathon - Killed N2
5. bluebambue - TOWN - President Roslin
6. Xenomortis - TOWN - Anastasia "Dee" Dualla
7. dimochka - TOWN - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
8. Lataro - INDEPENDENT - Dr. Gaius Baltar - Day-killed D2
9. cjquines - SCUM - Cylon Number 1 - Mod-killed D2

Role PMs will be sent out ASAP. Hold tight! Role PMs have been sent out. Please confirm in thread. Hopefully everyone will confirm by Monday and the game will begin then.
Last edited by Adam H on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:08 pm UTC, edited 9 times in total.
-Adam

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Pregame

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:17 pm UTC

Ego confirm.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:19 pm UTC

confirm, off to read wiki.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:39 pm UTC

confirm

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:55 pm UTC

Confirming.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:38 pm UTC

Confirming

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:57 pm UTC

Relevent wikipedia page in case anyone is wondering.
-Adam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:16 pm UTC

Confirming.
Image <-- Evil experiment

wam

Postby wam » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

Confirm
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:29 am UTC

Can machines really be considered confirmed?
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:45 pm UTC

Semi-flavorless confirm. Am not hoping to be as active as I hope to, but I'll try my best.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:52 pm UTC

I count 9 confirmations! How exciting.

DAY 1

Spoiler:
Commander Adama clenches his teeth. The countdown timer reads 29:58 to go until the Cylons jump again, and the crew of Galactica has been getting slower and slower at readying the next jump themselves. Adama estimates they'll have about 10 minutes this time from when the Cylons jump to the fleet to when the fleet can jump away to safety. That's a lot of time to get blown to smithereens.

Colonel Tigh shakes his head wearily. "Frak me, Bill, but we're cutting it close. We can't keep this up for much longer."

Adama glares at his friend and growls, "We'll keep it up as long as we have to." The Commander then turns toward the young officer Felix Gaeta and yells, "Gaeta, you have the command! Colonel Tigh and I are meeting with the President."

Commander Adama and Colonel Tigh walk down the wide halls of Galactica until they reach the conference room. Inside they greet the President and her aide. "Madame President, I'm afraid nothing has changed. We have every reason to believe that the Cylons will keep coming every 33 minutes. And our reaction time is only getting slower."

President Lara Roslin responds, "Yes, I know. But I have something to share with you. I... had a dream. A vision. I know it sounds crazy but you have to listen to me. There is a Cylon aboard Galactica. They look like humans! I know it's hard to believe."

Adama and Tigh look at each other, then Adama sighs. "We know. Dr. Baltar has informed us that there is probably more than one."

The President responds, "So then we find them and stop them from transmitting our coordinates! What is the problem?"

"The problem is we don't have any way of knowing who is a Cylon and who isn't! And I will NOT have a witchhunt aboard my ship."

Roslin says, "We don't have a choice. We're doing this, Bill."

Adama growls, "Then we'll do it right. Democratically. Everyone gets a vote."

Colonel Tigh scrunches his forehead. That doesn't sound "right" to him, but Adama is the commander, and his word is law aboard the Galactica.

It is now Day 1. Deadline is exactly 9 days from this post. 9 alive, 5 to hammer.
-Adam

wam

Postby wam » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:08 pm UTC

Yay it's started.

First general spec,

9 players I am going to guess at 2 scum/ Cylons 1 indy (prob gauis) and 6 town/crewb

I doubt there is a cult as in a game on 9 players it would be very unbalanced and doesn't really fit with flavour.

Flavour spec

Season 1 spoilers

Spoiler:
Basically there are two cylons aboard at this point boomer and the one who got left behind in the mini series whose name I can never remember

I would guess that these are our cylons. With the possibility of Diana being around.

Gauis is always out to protect gauis so makes the most sense of being an indy.

The cylon detector never really worked so all cops (if any) should doubt their sanities.

I would guess at there being watcher/tracker powers and probably a cylon undetectable kill.

Characters I would expect

commander Adama
Colonel tigh
The President
Boomer
Starbuck
Gaius
Lee adama
Gaita
Cylon whos name I can't remember
Chief Tyroll
ellen

Season 3-4 spoilers

Spoiler:
Given the flavour I would doubt the final 4/5 are revealed yet although given that most of them side with the humans in the end who knows.

Was also debating claiming this but Figure I should now, there's a 50% chance I am a miller.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:50 pm UTC

I think we can post season 1 spoilers outside of spoilers, right? It was in the game setup, I think. I have seen up through the first half of season 3.

Mass claiming is probably not a good idea as the cylons in the mafia game are not going to be the same as those in the series. So I also think that the I-forget-his-name character is not going to be present.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:59 pm UTC

Welcome back blue.

I'm not sure where we stand on spoilers, personally I have seen everything twice so there aren't any for me.

That is a good point on Aaron Doral (Wikipedia to the rescue).

But without him the only obvious cylon on glactica is boomer unless we get into final 4/5 characters.

I also agree mass claiming won't work as they have safe claims for precisely that reason.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:00 pm UTC

[quote="wam"
I also agree mass claiming won't work as they have safe claims for precisely that reason.[/quote] I don't see the term "safe claim" anywhere in the rules. FOS.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:02 pm UTC

bluebambue wrote:
wam wrote:I also agree mass claiming won't work as they have safe claims for precisely that reason.
I don't see the term "safe claim" anywhere in the rules. FOS.

Number 7 in setup and roles in the game specific spoiler.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

Was about to post that moody, cheers.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:18 pm UTC

Ah, thanks, never-mind then.

I think that even Boomer or Aaron Doral aren't guaranteed to by Cylons.

moody7277

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Day 1: Not Pregame

Postby moody7277 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:44 pm UTC

Regarding wam's show spoiler

Spoiler:
The cylon detector worked, as it actually showed Boomer was a cylon, he just got talked out of broadcasting it by the Head Six.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:10 pm UTC

I think that the cylon character names are probably randomized somewhat, or the safe claims totally cover them so that they might as well be randomized. If someone has the role "Boomer the Cylon" with a safe claim of Apollo, it would be pretty obvious what he or she is going to claim if the going gets tough.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:14 pm UTC

Not ignoring the discussion, but I'm awfully flavorblind and still catching up on the wiki. I did read up on my character, but I have no clue yet what to expect from anyone else.

I agree that Gaius, if in game, is likely an indie. Although it depends on where in the story we currently are.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:24 pm UTC

Interestingly enough, I figured that Baltar would: a. have an investigation for in-show reasons, b. be a cylon sympathizer but not know who they are, c. maybe even have a cult, for later in-show reasons. Probably too much for one role.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:59 pm UTC

Gaius is most certainly involved, he is arguably the main character of the show. and if this is Season One as the flavor implies, the likely roles to be included are as follows:

Gaius
Roslin
Bill Adama
Lee
Saul
Starbuck
Boomer
Billy
Tyrol
Cally
Cottle
Biers
Zarek
Duella
Gaeta
Cavil
Leoben
Ellen

All were known to be part of the fleet originally. There are countless other minor characters possible, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that our nine roles are in that list.

As for the cop situation, the detector worked, but the only result that Gaius ever gave was not a cylon, so, even if he does have a cop ability, it is unreliable.

More than likely, the cylons are among those named above, and have fake claims to use if forced to claim from the same above list. Given the knowledge that there is a safe claim in place for each of them, any claim is moot. That said, if someone makes a claim, and they claim your role, counterclaim the crap out of it. One dead townie for a dead scum is a great trade if it comes to that.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:04 am UTC

I guess I should say that I am not on the list above. My character certainly was known to exist in the first season, but was not particularly important until much later.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:43 am UTC

My character name is on Lataro's list.
I am flavour blind.

I would not be surprised if there was a scum mechanic that enabled them to do something (horrible, no doubt) to anyone they learn the name of. I seem to remember Adam having done that before.

I will be away from this afternoon until Friday and so may not be able to post this day. Not that that is unusual for me in any way. :wink:

6/3 or 6/2/1 seems reasonable. Starting with only 5 town would be harsh, unless town has some really good powers.
7/2 is possible, but I'd expect 6//2/1 over it.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:05 am UTC

mpolo wrote:I guess I should say that I am not on the list above. My character certainly was known to exist in the first season, but was not particularly important until much later.

That changes a few things, hmmm..

Mine is on that list.

Lataro wrote:That said, if someone makes a claim, and they claim your role, counterclaim the crap out of it. One dead townie for a dead scum is a great trade if it comes to that.

Assuming Adam hasn't copied my sherlock tactic.

Which now I think about it could be an interesting way forward, given the endlessly repeated "there are many copies" line!

Season 3/4 spoilers

Spoiler:
Could possibly have athena and boomer in both as sharon? One good one bad?

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:47 pm UTC

OK, so my semi-flavorless thingy is actually turning out to be a lot worse than expected as I've only read a few pages on the wiki.

My character is on Lataro's list.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:27 pm UTC

wam wrote:I would guess that these are our cylons. With the possibility of Diana being around.

Can you explain this? Is Diana supposed to be cylon/antitown? Wiki is not being helpful.

EBWOP: no I'm not Diana (nor do I know of her existence), I'm just trying to make sense of what wam meant. I am on Lataro's list as well.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:43 pm UTC

1. My role is on Lataro's list.

2. I think I have mpolo's "riddle" figured out.

3. Diana's a bit of an oddity. A more precise description would be spoilery for those who haven't seen the series, but she definitely fits the idea of an independent.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:49 pm UTC

Because of low activity (no posts in 24 hours), I've randomly selected 3 players (cjquines, Lataro, and moody7277) and forced them to vote for 3 other random players (Tormod, Xenomortis, and bluebambue). Cjquines, Lataro, and moody7277 may not unvote today, but they can change votes however they want.

Votals:
Tormod - 1 (cjquines)
Xenomortis - 1 (Lataro)
bluebambue - 1 (moody7277)

Tormod seems to be missing from the forums. If he doesn't come back in time to post once before today's deadline, he'll be replaced or modkilled.
-Adam

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:22 pm UTC

ok so to summarize:

wam - claims 50% miller, and thinks setup is 6/1/2 (makes most sense), no cult.
blue - mass claiming not a good idea (agree, plus there are more than enough possible false claims). fos on wam but retracted, not material imo
lataro - comprehensive list. most people's roles should be in there
mpolo - role isn't in lataro's list. probably a townie comment, otherwise i think he would've withheld it.

essentially i like what the four above said so far. would like to hear from everyone else. i think i know one person's role from what they've said so far, but I think claiming it right now would not be helpful, somewhat similarly to what moody said.

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:04 pm UTC

Woah, Adam H. I did not agree to this voting thing.

About my vote however: there have been no reasonable pings so far. The most pingy would be Tormod, who hasn't posted at all, but even that isn't very pingy. I'd unvote if I could.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:11 pm UTC

I guess I have to post something. There wasn't a whole lot of movement to respond to…

As dimochka said, most of the people who have posted thusfar have seemed pretty reasonable.

7/2 or 6/2/1 seem reasonable, with the probability of an independent very high. In this case, the independent seems to be truly independent — I am specifically looking for Cylons, and don't seem to care about others.

I agree that a cult is a long shot, but what if the Cylons are actively replacing people with their own? If this were the case, I am thinking that there would only be one right now, or we're near dead from the start, unless we do some really good lynching. (Though a faction with one member could easily be eliminated by the first lynch, so maybe there have to be two.)

@Adam: I have a long weekend this weekend (will be leaving in the afternoon on Thursday, coming back on Sunday), meaning that I will be unable to post on two game days. With the deadline next Wednesday, this shouldn't be a large issue, but I thought everyone should know.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:12 pm UTC

@cjquines: I guess the point is to encourage us to come to some sort of consensus more quickly, so that the random votes don't make a scum sniping possible.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:13 pm UTC

Diana was meant to be D'anna who is a cylon.

So far no real reads.

Blue did seem quick to jump on me but her jump makes sense.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:24 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I agree that a cult is a long shot, but what if the Cylons are actively replacing people with their own? If this were the case, I am thinking that there would only be one right now, or we're near dead from the start, unless we do some really good lynching. (Though a faction with one member could easily be eliminated by the first lynch, so maybe there have to be two.)

the only way i could see cylons being a cult with 2 members is if only one has the power of recruiting, and it does not get transferred upon death. but to be honest i'm leaning towards no cult at this point, with nothing to back that up other than gut feeling.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:25 pm UTC

wam wrote:Diana was meant to be D'anna who is a cylon.

Oh. Thought you were talking about Diana Seelix. Never mind then.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:53 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:
wam wrote:Diana was meant to be D'anna who is a cylon.

Oh. Thought you were talking about Diana Seelix. Never mind then.

Nope my hearing/spelling is just rubbish.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:49 pm UTC

Xenomortis wrote:I would not be surprised if there was a scum mechanic that enabled them to do something (horrible, no doubt) to anyone they learn the name of. I seem to remember Adam having done that before.

Vote Xenomortis

This hints at slightly more knowledge than the rest of us. *

* I should point out that this is probably the weakest vote I have ever done but there is so little to go on. START TALKING PEOPLE!

Or adam will get even more angry.

Return to “Mafia”