DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Nog
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D2, New ruler

Postby Nog » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:18 pm UTC

Luther Sloan wrote:
Nog wrote:
Jake Sisko wrote:Any basis to this accusation other than last night's votes?
Is any needed?
no but why pick out worf explicitly without identifying the others on the same quarl bandwagon?

The others on the bandwagon were Martok, who voted first and like I said before I have no problem with his vote, Jake, who switched off of Quark to avoid a tie, and Julian, who was scum.

User avatar
Kasidy Yates
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:07 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Kasidy Yates » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:07 pm UTC

Are you serious General?

You make a big scene about don't say his name, then you wait until the post after, several DAYS later, to finally explain why, after it's too late?

So you're a complete every aspect of someone's role cop, PLUS a PGO?

Well, I've got some great news then, we don't have to lynch Odo. We can simply try again tomorrow.

Why? There will be no night three. We are going to go straight from the end of day three, to the start of day four, courtesy of me.

Now, you want to explain why you waited til it was too damned late to claim that piece of info?

User avatar
Quark!
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:24 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Quark! » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:46 pm UTC

Ok...
First off, from where I stand, Nog is looking very townie. As far as I am concerned, he could have very easily caused a mislynch (me) and instead pushed for a lynch on scum.
His freaking out doesn't go in his favour, but I can overlook that in favour of the above.

General Martok wrote:Odo is SK (with odd night kill) and dies if his name isn't mentioned all day.

Why didn't you just say that?

But, for what it is worth, if Martok is correct about Odo receiving a day kill if targeted twice in a row, then he will have one today.
And Odo does appear to own an old disruptor gun.

Kasidy Yates wrote:Well, I've got some great news then, we don't have to lynch Odo. We can simply try again tomorrow.

Why? There will be no night three. We are going to go straight from the end of day three, to the start of day four, courtesy of me.

There's still the potential for a day kill.
We either believe the General and quick lynch, or risk a day kill.

Worf wrote:Admissions are obviously not prudent, but someone does have a confirmed townie.

No they don't; there could be a Serial Killer.

User avatar
Luther Sloan
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:44 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Luther Sloan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:58 am UTC

General Martok wrote:are you serious luther?
Odo is SK (with odd night kill) and dies if his name isn't mentioned all day.
He also has an extra daykill when targeted twice in a row at night.
good news travels slowly bad news is instant
where the hell did this come from and like ky, why now

its not scummy but it really takes the biscuit

User avatar
General Martok
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:09 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby General Martok » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:31 am UTC

In hindsight I should have come out with it earlier. I thought there was no need to claim exactly this and I wouldn't have to explain how I got this info.
Furthermore I thought about how I could spin it in a way to get some info out of other people.
I was considering claiming he is scum to maybe get real scum on the bandwaggon or at least confused.
But yeah that shit was stupid, he could have just daykilled me and the info would have been lost.

If its alright with you I won't comment on whether I am PGO and a full cop or not. I still strongly advise not to target me though.
Skipping a night is actually pretty nice btw cool that you can do that.

unvote

User avatar
General Martok
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:09 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby General Martok » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:22 am UTC

Actually we don't need to quickhammer Odo, we can basically Quickhammer anyone at this point because we got no night.

vote: Worf

Switching votes to Quark! and defending Julian is enough for me to want him dead.

User avatar
Worf
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:05 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Worf » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:50 pm UTC

Defending Julian was a mistake, and I still believe Quark is scum. Today might be a good day to die, but promise me tomorrow you will get the changeling.

User avatar
Nog
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Nog » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:40 pm UTC

So that's 1 vote for Odo and 2 for Worf. It would be nice to get some more votes down. Deadline is in 2 days.

Actually, I know this is going to look odd, but I need to do this:

Unvote
Vote: Jake Sisko


I just really want to have a vote on Jake at the end of the day, just because of the principle of the thing. The other option is putting one vote for whoever ends up getting lynched, and that doesn't seem useful.

For the record, it's now it's a 3-way tie between Odo, Worf, and Jake.

User avatar
Jake Sisko
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:59 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Jake Sisko » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:11 pm UTC

Makes no sense to me and sounds like you're implying some kind of power. And considering I think you're independent or scum, I see no reason not to do this back. It's still interesting to me that you are attempting to lynch someone who copped you and yet no one seems to care.

vote: Nog

User avatar
Jake Sisko
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:59 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Jake Sisko » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:12 pm UTC

Edit:
Unvote
Vote Nog

User avatar
cemper93
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:35 pm UTC
Location: `pwd`

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby cemper93 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:30 pm UTC

Votals:
Worf (1) - Martok
Nog (1) - Sisko
Sisko (1) - Nog

Not voting: 6

Deadline Feb 9, 20:00 UTC.

User avatar
Nog
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Nog » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:12 pm UTC

Jake Sisko wrote:It's still interesting to me that you are attempting to lynch someone who copped you and yet no one seems to care.

You did NOT cop me, you rolecopped me. In fact, the result you claim to have gotten indicates that I am town, but you are just too bullheaded to realize it.

And I can't even say whether you are lying or omitting information, which is sooooo frustrating.

Also, scum was just as likely as town to be given that voting 'present', in case you are trying to imply that you must be town because you got it.

User avatar
Worf
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:05 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Worf » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:53 pm UTC

Kasidy Yates--potentially town, raised to definitely if the nightless condition she says she made is proven as that would definitely be an anti-scum power. Target switching power used N1 was not random as she said who the re-directed cop went to.

Luther Sloan--copped as town. I will consider his status confirmed if Kasidy's is.

Ensign Nog--aggressive little capitalist. Despite his vote against me, which under the circumstances makes sense, I think he's townish-neutral.

General Martok--claimed PGO immediately, claimed Odo is SK with special circumstances this morning, my opinion is neutralish

Captain Benjamin Sisko--lurky, hasn't said anything since posting his cop result start of D2.

Jake Sisko--slow start, lots of content since. Is the other person alive who was with me on the Quark wagon. townish-neutral

Quark--despite being wrong about Julian, it still looks to me that process of elimination points to Quark being scum.

Odo--SK with special circumstances.

Vote: Quark

and we'll ignore the chageling D4.

User avatar
General Martok
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:09 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby General Martok » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:11 pm UTC

@Worf
I feel like I am taking the bait but what hard information do you have on the changeling?

@All:
We need votes to be incoming. A four way tie at the end of the day is a really horrible result.

User avatar
Worf
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:05 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Worf » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:00 pm UTC

General Martok wrote:@Worf
I feel like I am taking the bait but what hard information do you have on the changeling?


-Supposedly you're the one with hard info. You said Odo had a kill that needed conditions to be met to use
-Other people, and you yourself, interpreted that as a SK
-That's why I was using the term "SK with special circumstances"

Vote tie is not good, but none of the other candidates I consider scummy. Votes from other people would definitely be appreciated.

User avatar
Nog
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Nog » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:38 pm UTC

You are all morons. How in the name of all that is holy did it fall to me to break a 4-way tie?

Vote: Worf

User avatar
Nog
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Nog » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:39 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Unvote

Vote: Worf

User avatar
Kasidy Yates
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:07 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Kasidy Yates » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:46 pm UTC

It's more or less trust X or trust Y ATM. Too many people not making any posts at all to get a solid feel. Kinda stuck with current votals as the best option to avoid a NL.

User avatar
cemper93
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:35 pm UTC
Location: `pwd`

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby cemper93 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:02 pm UTC

Votals:
Worf (2) - Martok, Nog
Nog (1) - Sisko
Quark (1) - Worf

Deadline, Worf has been lynched. There is no night 3. Please stand by for daystart.

EDIT: Messed one up in the votals. I really need to learn to count.
Last edited by cemper93 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:13 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
cemper93
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:35 pm UTC
Location: `pwd`

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby cemper93 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:06 am UTC

After a long and fatiguable discussion, you decide to call it a day, kill Worf and go to bed. You transporter-beam his mutilated body onto a shuttle with destination sun and turn off the lights. But wait - the lights won't turn off! Angrily, you shout at a passing red shirt. "Well, yeah, this is quite the situation", he responds. "But I'm just a red shirt. Maybe you should ask O'Brien to fix this, he always uses fancy words like warp field transformation and knows how to operate the coffee machine. But wait - he's dead! Well, guess we won't get any sleep this night then, huh?"

Worf has been lynched. He was independent.

User avatar
General Martok
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:09 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby General Martok » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:59 am UTC

mh interesting.

I would like a prod on Benjamin Sisko.

My suspicion of Quark has somewhat receded due to the Julian-Quark discussion, I still don't seem him as especially scumhunting which could point to independent.
I am still very suspicious of Jake Sisko. I will come up with a summary later.

Any idea what kind of independent Worf might have been?

What kind of split do you believe in now?
We have 3 Indie, 1 Scum and 1 town so far.
Just for further discussion, this are the people still alive (modulo the SK)
Luther Sloan
Ensign Nog
Quark
Captain Benjamin Sisko
General Martok
Jake Sisko
Captain Kasidy Yates
7 left, Say we have another 2 Scum, that would have made a 6/3/3 split, with decent PR this could be possible. Its quite surprising that so few kills have happened actually, First night should have been two, and last night should have been one. That indicates that we have quite powerful (or well aiming) PR.
So I think this split is not so unlikely.
This would leave us with another two scum.
Which would run contrary to my belief that Quark is indie. I think we might also be dealing with even more indies. two survivors is a bit weird, so I suspect that either dax or worf had other wincons, lyncher doesn't seem very likely as Worf wasn't actively pushing much (if I remember correctly).

User avatar
Nog
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Nog » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:59 pm UTC

Kasidy Yates wrote:It's more or less trust X or trust Y ATM. Too many people not making any posts at all to get a solid feel. Kinda stuck with current votals as the best option to avoid a NL.
so freaking scummy. You had so many options and decided not to vote. That's the worst.

Willing to bet that if we lynched odo, jake, then kasidy, we'd win.

We really should have lynched odo yesterday to see if martok is a liar but oh well.

Ezri flipped survivor and worf flipped independent, so.... Interesting? Possibly a made up faction that has no one word descriptor.

User avatar
Kasidy Yates
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:07 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Kasidy Yates » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:18 pm UTC

Vote: Nog

For mentioning Odo. Seriously? Seriously?

I'd vote Odo, but it's not much of a risk since there was no night last night for someone to have targeted him.

User avatar
Nog
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Nog » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:44 pm UTC

Kasidy Yates wrote:Vote: Nog

For mentioning Odo. Seriously? Seriously?
Blurgh well I feel stupid. In my defense no one reminded us not to mention him, not since Martok's initial claim. I just was stuck on the important part that he's SK who needs to die ASAP.

Ah and now I understand why no one voted him yesterday. :?

So you think I'm scum because of this? I'm not sure scum would be more likely to say his name... They'd want to get rid of SK too, after all.

User avatar
Odo
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D2, New ruler

Postby Odo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:13 pm UTC

Okay, I read the entire thread, and this absolutely makes no sense:

General Martok wrote:Don't mention the person missing from this list.
I will explain later.

Luther Sloan
Lieutenant Ezri Dax
Ensign Nog
Quark
Captain Benjamin Sisko
Commander Worf
General Martok
Jake Sisko
Chief Miles Edward O’Brien
Captain Kasidy Yates
Lieutenant Julian Bashir


General Martok wrote:are you serious luther?
Odo is SK (with odd night kill) and dies if his name isn't mentioned all day.
He also has an extra daykill when targeted twice in a row at night.

So either we try this thing again tomorrow and let him have his kill tonight or lynch him.
I also suspect he has a daykill today so it might be advisable to fast-hammer him.

In vain of this I'll vote him although I would have much preferred him just dying because nobody mentioned his name and us not "wasting" a lynch.


If this was true, why did you have to mention my name? It seems people were following suit, so you had no reason whatsoever to mention my name and save my life.

Oh, you did have a reason: after I died because nobody mentioned my name and I flipped town you'd not have had any good explanation, other than "whoops guys i thought he was sk, sorry" - so you better get that out of the way sooner.

Sounds to me you got a role-cop, but you didn't get alignment, so, since I'm not on your faction you found a way to get a mis-lynch, but you also didn't want to be on a townie wagon, so you changed your mind a third time and removed your vote from me. Very shaky, you should have made out your mind from the start, because if the best outcome was for me to die because of non-mentioning, you could have let it happen after that first post I'm quoting, I think you expected someone to mention my name and then jump on them and do the reveal, but since nobody did it you had to do it yourself.

Now, I think you are the SK, so finding a way for other players to die will fulfill your win condition, as long as people don't want to lynch you if those flip town after they die.

A lynch on me would be a waste, but yes, I think I need to die and flip so people lynch Martok the next day, so, I still advice people to not mention my name D4.

User avatar
Quark!
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:24 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Quark! » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:45 pm UTC

Kasidy Yates wrote:I'd vote Odo, but it's not much of a risk since there was no night last night for someone to have targeted him.

Odo has already been targeted twice.

Odo wrote:If this was true, why did you have to mention my name? It seems people were following suit, so you had no reason whatsoever to mention my name and save my life.

Oh, you did have a reason: after I died because nobody mentioned my name and I flipped town you'd not have had any good explanation, other than "whoops guys i thought he was sk, sorry" - so you better get that out of the way sooner.

It wasn't Martok that mentioned your name first; it was Luther.

Odo wrote:Sounds to me you got a role-cop, but you didn't get alignment, so, since I'm not on your faction you found a way to get a mis-lynch, but you also didn't want to be on a townie wagon, so you changed your mind a third time and removed your vote from me.

So do you have these kill powers?

User avatar
Nog
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D2, New ruler

Postby Nog » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:56 pm UTC

Odo wrote:If this was true, why did you have to mention my name? It seems people were following suit, so you had no reason whatsoever to mention my name and save my life.

Your post seems like a nice effort by the SK to win even though there's no hope for you. ;)

The problem with your logic is that Martok was not the first to say your name.

(ninja'd by quark)

Anyways, I'm going to vote for someone that I don't think is going to be lynched (i.e. not Odo). And if you jokers make me break another tie then we're really going to have problems. I don't even know what I'll do.

Vote: Jake Sisko

User avatar
General Martok
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:09 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby General Martok » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:12 pm UTC

I got a full cop. everything.
But as you only have an odd night kill you are no lynch target today.
We will try the whole name thing again tomorrow I suppose.
I'll try to be online early and get a first post reminding you guys.

In this vain it might be good for you to not vote jake because he is my lynch target No.1.

Sisko:
towny:
Switching votes on Nog to break the die, thus throwing his (potential) scum buddy under the wheels
scummy:
Trying to help out Julian with the Quark vote and with arguments on PGO and Nogs accusation of him.
Attacking Nog even after he was crucial to get Julian.
Claiming that Nog wants to lynch him after Nog explicitly said he wanted to vote for someone who doesn't get lynched.
Indie:
helping out worf. Maybe he also wanted to get focus of the people who voted for Quark to save Julian.

Nog
towny:
Getting Julian lynched without any pressure on them.
May have caused the nokill on N2 with his power. Which would imply non-scum.
scummy:
Can hide from night powers at it seems.
Very unclear around his powers. (due to modintervention according to him)

Via this analysis:
vote: Jake Sisko

User avatar
Odo
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Odo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:26 pm UTC

Quark! wrote:It wasn't Martok that mentioned your name first; it was Luther.


Oh, I had missed that so I was sent on a bad train of logic... so now it looks like Martok may just be insane, but I no longer have anything on him. My death of D4 will be useless, though.

Quark! wrote:So do you have these kill powers?


They don't work in the way Martok said, I would have had this daykill ability regardless of being targeted or not (so, either he's making this part up or part of the insanity would be to change random things from my role.) But yes, I do have a public daykill ability, thinking about withholding it since I don't have a high suspicion and it'd probably end hurting us (I don't believe the wagon of yesterday was for 2 scum, so I think you're town), but something could be worked out, like, people underline names of people they want killed, and we treat my daykill as an extra lynch (which would be cool as we'd have gotten basically 3 lynches in a row for this day, which hopefully will make up for my inevitable loss tomorrow.)

User avatar
General Martok
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:09 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby General Martok » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:54 pm UTC

After reading over again I think it'd be best if we killed Jake Sisko using Odo.
After that we can see whether he was scum (maybe) and given that draw new conclusions. If after that we can't decide we can still No-Lynch, although I don't think that is very good for town.
vote: Jake Sisko

Does the daykill flip alignment immediately?
I call for a modprod on Benjamin Sisko

User avatar
cemper93
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:35 pm UTC
Location: `pwd`

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby cemper93 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 pm UTC

Alignment is revealed in the morning.

Ben Sisko will be prodded.

User avatar
Nog
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Nog » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:09 pm UTC

After thinking about it a little more, I have a problem with waiting to kill Odo.

I would much rather get rid of the anti-town we know about today. We don't even know that Odo will die tomorrow without a lynch. What if someone accidentally says his name again? Considering the activity level, I think it's safe to say some players will post without carefully reading everything. I did it and I'm one of the more active players!

Let's just kill him and that way we A) won't have to deal with his vote tomorrow, B) are assured we don't mislynch today, and C) know he's dead and not just probably-going-to-be-dead-soon.

And also we won't have to deal with players not voting because if you aren't voting for Odo then you are being a jerkwad, and I can vote for whoever I want without have to ensure someone is actually lynched.

User avatar
Odo
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Odo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:47 pm UTC

Luther Sloan hasn't said anything in 4 days, maybe would be worth prodding too?

Anyway, I'm doing this now because, other possible targets are:
Kasidy Yates - which has been flying under the radar the whole game, the kind of player that wouldn't get lynched, just posting enough content to remain active and playing it safe. She gave us an extra day without a lynch, but I don't think that power is necessarily townie, it would actually be a very powerful scum-power because people would assume it's a town-power.
Quark - The wagon on him looked like an effort to save scum!Bashir, however, there's only the votes of Bashir, Martok and Worf, so Quark's tonwiness depends on Martok's aligment, since he was just independent.
Nog - I have some uneasy feelings about Nog, he seems to have jumped around more than other players, but being critical in Bashir's lynching makes him look good. Ninja - And he wants me lynched today instead of waiting for tomorrow.
Sisko - Nothing, but I'd expect someone to replace him or be killed.
Martok - The only other vote on Quark. Claimed PGO to avoid being targeted. Revealed some parts of my role and the way to ensure my death without wasting a lynch. Seems to be leading town currently, so he feels like the most dangerous player currently, he could basically claim to have copped someone else tomorrow and got scum result and it seems people would just go and lynch them...
Sloan - Huh, I don't think my kill would even work on him.

So there's Jake Sisko left, which probably would get lynched anyway, and which has pretty much playing "let's lynch Nog" for days. So here I go:

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams Jake Sisko never dared to dream before.
Edgar Allan Poe

@Nog: Treat my lynching as a no-lynch today, because no lynching today and letting me die tomorrow is the same as lynching me today, you waste a lynch you could have used on someone else. Can't you do better? Do you think Jake Sisko was the last scum remaining? What information would you expect to gain in the night to allow you make a better decision about who to lynch tomorrow?

User avatar
Nog
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Nog » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:59 pm UTC

Odo wrote:@Nog: Treat my lynching as a no-lynch today, because no lynching today and letting me die tomorrow is the same as lynching me today, you waste a lynch you could have used on someone else. Can't you do better? Do you think Jake Sisko was the last scum remaining? What information would you expect to gain in the night to allow you make a better decision about who to lynch tomorrow?
Do we KNOW that you will die tomorrow without being lynched? Absolutely not.

Do we KNOW that you can't kill or use a power tonight? Absolutely not.

Do we KNOW that Martok isn't talking out of his ass and you two are the two remaining scum? Absolutely not.

Do we KNOW that you need to die? ABSOLUTELY.

User avatar
Odo
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Odo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:27 pm UTC

Why do I need to die? The scenario in where Martok is scum makes it so my death only helps his faction's interests. Suppose he dies and flips scum, why would you still think I need to die, and why? Scum can lie out of their teeth for their ends.

I know I'm going to die, but it's not necessary.

User avatar
Benjamin Sisko
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:00 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Benjamin Sisko » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:51 pm UTC

Nog wrote:
Odo wrote:@Nog: Treat my lynching as a no-lynch today, because no lynching today and letting me die tomorrow is the same as lynching me today, you waste a lynch you could have used on someone else. Can't you do better? Do you think Jake Sisko was the last scum remaining? What information would you expect to gain in the night to allow you make a better decision about who to lynch tomorrow?
Do we KNOW that you will die tomorrow without being lynched? Absolutely not.

Do we KNOW that you can't kill or use a power tonight? Absolutely not.

Do we KNOW that Martok isn't talking out of his ass and you two are the two remaining scum? Absolutely not.

Do we KNOW that you need to die? ABSOLUTELY.


Wait, how do we know this? Pardon me if I missed something, but Martok was the only person to insinuate this, right? Why are you so sure that he isn't lying?

An easy way of telling whether Martok is telling the truth - ask him to full-cop me, for example, then check again tomarrow. Either scum must kill me (a fairly low-value target) or we reveal the truth of Martok's statement.

I personally am suspicious of Nog and Martok, but I'm going to reread one more time before I do anything.

(Sorry about the absence.)

User avatar
Jake Sisko
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:59 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Jake Sisko » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:16 pm UTC

Interesting to come back to this. So does this mean I'm dead? Can I keep posting? Is there something I can help you all with or provide any information before I get revealed as town?

User avatar
Benjamin Sisko
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:00 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Benjamin Sisko » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:40 pm UTC

Jake Sisko wrote:Interesting to come back to this. So does this mean I'm dead? Can I keep posting? Is there something I can help you all with or provide any information before I get revealed as town?


Do you have any earlier rolecops?

What made Nog suspicious? (Alignments were randomized, remember, so role doesn't count.)

User avatar
Luther Sloan
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:44 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Luther Sloan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:26 pm UTC

work is bitch-crazy (very un pc i know) so apologies for no show

odo is potentially dead by lynch or dead by nk but we have not had a nk yet and i dont believe that this is down to successful doctoring when it is 2 nights in a row
do we take odos word that he did not attempt to nk anyone for either night?

given the ratio of town and scum which is unknown odo is just as likely to kill town rather than scum


and now you come out with a quote which means something in side of this game

what exactly have you just done?

User avatar
Nog
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 am UTC

Re: DS9 Secret Santa D3, A Peaceful night

Postby Nog » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:05 pm UTC

Benjamin Sisko wrote:
Nog wrote:
Odo wrote:@Nog: Treat my lynching as a no-lynch today, because no lynching today and letting me die tomorrow is the same as lynching me today, you waste a lynch you could have used on someone else. Can't you do better? Do you think Jake Sisko was the last scum remaining? What information would you expect to gain in the night to allow you make a better decision about who to lynch tomorrow?
Do we KNOW that you will die tomorrow without being lynched? Absolutely not.

Do we KNOW that you can't kill or use a power tonight? Absolutely not.

Do we KNOW that Martok isn't talking out of his ass and you two are the two remaining scum? Absolutely not.

Do we KNOW that you need to die? ABSOLUTELY.


Wait, how do we know this? Pardon me if I missed something, but Martok was the only person to insinuate this, right? Why are you so sure that he isn't lying?

An easy way of telling whether Martok is telling the truth - ask him to full-cop me, for example, then check again tomarrow. Either scum must kill me (a fairly low-value target) or we reveal the truth of Martok's statement.

I personally am suspicious of Nog and Martok, but I'm going to reread one more time before I do anything.

(Sorry about the absence.)
No, the easy way to find out if Martok is lying is to lynch Odo! Are you saying that there's a chance Odo will survive to the end of a town win???????? No way! We'd lynch him at LYLO if we had to, right?

The only reason to keep him alive is if he had an ability that could be useful, but he hasn't claimed anything like that and seems perfectly resigned to his fate.

Jake Sisko wrote:Interesting to come back to this. So does this mean I'm dead? Can I keep posting? Is there something I can help you all with or provide any information before I get revealed as town?
Keep posting until the mod tells you you're dead.

Benjamin Sisko wrote:What made Nog suspicious? (Alignments were randomized, remember, so role doesn't count.)
I don't know, you tell me:
Benjamin Sisko wrote:I personally am suspicious of Nog and Martok, but I'm going to reread one more time before I do anything.


Why are people posting without voting?!?!?!?! I feel like I'm living in crazytown!!!!


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests