Time Travel Mafia - Game Over!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Adam H

Re: Time Travel Mafia - Day 1 - Better Early Than Never

Postby Adam H » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:22 pm UTC

First, there's been plenty of content. (What is "content"?) Second, there's been plenty of votes. Third, it's not scummy to single someone out and vote them, unless there's something else scummy about it. Fourth, you are being really weirdly defensive about another player. Fifth, I won't have much time over the weekend, so I'll switch my vote on the player that is scummiest.

Unvote
Vote: Diemo

And that's 3 votes on Diemo with 2 to hammer.

I'd prefer a claim. IMO we should be pretty quick to claim our powers with this setup since powers aren't revealed when we die and we presumably have ways of resurrecting players.
-Adam

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:13 pm UTC

I don't particularly like Diemo's defending of me. Very random. A claim would be good now.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:07 pm UTC

Ok, Im a doctor who has been told that dimochka is in my faction and Adam is not
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:09 pm UTC

ok now you're making no sense whatsoever. Which means I need to lynch one of you two because I know that I'm town and not any kind of special faction.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:39 pm UTC

Well, town is usually considered a faction. So Diemo is saying that he came into the game knowing that you (dimochka) are town and I am scum or independent. But anyways he is absolutely lying because I am town.

If anyone else received ridiculous starting information like this and believes Diemo's claim, then by all means lynch me and save Diemo for tomorrow. I have more of a late-game power so as long as I can be revived (which seems more than possible) I don't mind being lynched.

Another possibility that makes complete sense is that Diemo was told that he is town even though he is actually scum with dimochka (and probably someone else if town has good powers). In which case he just accidentally screwed his team over which would be hiiiilarious. :lol:
-Adam

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:04 am UTC

Ok guys I've just gotten back from a couple of PMs with our dear mod, and I want to get this out of the way:

If there is ever a massclaim, or I am asked to claim, I will not be able to give more than very basic information about my role. To be more precise, I *am* able to reveal my role, but doing so would mean I lose it. It's a decent town role.

And Vytron has naturally said he won't do anything to confirm what I've just said.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:26 am UTC

I definitely agree that there are anti-massclaim conditions.

Is being/was kind of funny that dimochka says he doesn't like Diemo (which I thought was/will pronounced as a singular form of one of Mars's moons) defending him in the post before Diemo's calling dimchka a faction buddy. Or was it before :P . Ah, time travel humor. Either way, dimochka's denial makes it more likely that one of Diemo or dimochka is scum or independent. At this point, Diemo seems a bit twitchier, so I might/will have been voting for him later.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Kert

Postby Kert » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:56 am UTC

Catching up with this game. My previous vote offered no explanation - my posts take time to be activated...

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:06 am UTC

Agreed that the situation with Diemo and dimochka is rather unusual. Diemo's claim is pretty big, in that losing a doctor is suboptimal on D1. On the other hand, the doctor claim could be insurance against our deciding to lynch.

Dimochka claims to be ordinary town and was surprised by Diemo's revelation -> this seems to be towny behavior.

Adam immediately jumped to "that must mean that I am scum or independent", which might mean that "independent" is a little heavier in his mind at the moment than in mine – because I immediately was thinking in terms of town/scum. That would be weak evidence of him being independent.

An indie wouldn't be the worst imaginable first day lynch, so I am going to put my vote on:

Vote: Adam H

Since the deadline is some time on Sunday, and I'm not sure how much online time I'm going to have this weekend, I don't know whether I will have a chance to revisit this vote.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:56 am UTC

Votes:

1 - moody7277
1 - Kert
3 - Adam H
3 - Diemo

Deadline (players can request deadline extension)

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:13 pm UTC

I agree that Adam is getting fairly aggressive. I agree with mpolo on that he might be independent, but since his aggression would not be unusual for a townie on D1 either, I wouldn't vote him for it.

... however, I do also have some setup information, and while I do not want to get into specifics, it does suggest that diemo is not a doctor. It's not clear enough to vote him for it (and thereby bring him to L1), but if there should be a tie between him and Adam, I'm going to break it and hammer diemo.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:57 pm UTC

i assumed independent/scum to be faction as well, so adam's logic makes sense to me and does not look as scummy as diemo's.

vote: diemo

Kert

Postby Kert » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:59 pm UTC

I think I may finally be able to post without needing activation

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:08 pm UTC

Vote change that was/have being promised.

unvote

Vote: Diemo

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Vytron

Time Travel Mafia - N1 - A Night To Remember

Postby Vytron » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:35 pm UTC

Votes:

1 - Kert
2 - Adam H
5 - Diemo

Diemo has been lynched. Alignment will be revealed in the morning.

It is now night, night will last 24 hours doubled on weekends, or till about Monday 7:45 AM GMT-5

Vytron

Time Travel Mafia - D2 - And We Have A Winner

Postby Vytron » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:42 pm UTC

So, they threw Diemo in a tank full of sharks, and went to sleep.

When they wake up, they go to check the tank, and see that it's empty. Apparently, Diemo had preemptively traveled back in time to befriend those sharks when they were babies, so, at this point in time they helped him escape it, and continue with his plan on universal domination, which SPOILERS: in the end, it will succeed, and Diemo will be the ultimate ruler of the universe, there's no stopping it now, because you lynched him.

Diemo is dead, his alignment was independent. A jester. By fulfilling his win condition he has won the game.

They looked around to see if everyone else was alive, but two of them were missing. No time to check who they were, as a scream was heard. They all rushed to the room of this person, from where the scream was heard, only to find a blood bath, and to the shock of everyone they found it was...

A dream.

When they wake up, they go to check the tank, and see that it's empty. Apparently, Diemo had preemptively traveled back in time to befriend those sharks when they were babies, so, at this point in time they helped him escape it, and continue with his plan on universal domination, which SPOILERS: in the end, it will succeed, and Diemo will be the ultimate ruler of the universe, there's no stopping it now, because you lynched him.

Then they looked around, and sighed in relief after seeing everyone else was alive, but not for long...

Players:
1. cemper93
2. mpolo
3. Adam H
4. moody7277
5. Madge
6. Diemo (Lynched D1. Winner.)
7. WilliamTheConqueror
8. kert
9. dimochka

It is Day 2 - 8 alive, 5 to lynch. Deadline is 48 hours
Last edited by Vytron on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:14 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Adam H

Re: Time Travel Mafia - D2 - And We Have A Winner

Postby Adam H » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:50 pm UTC

Lol well played Diemo. And dang it I was really hoping to be confirmed town with today...

I'm going to

Vote: mpolo

Because he knew both Diemo and I were not scum. Did anyone else think I was indie? No, didn't think so.
-Adam

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:03 pm UTC

I'm going to

Vote: kert

mostly because he's said nearly nothing - it's kind of making me suspicious. (although he said something earlier about not being able to post, so)
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:36 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Adam immediately jumped to "that must mean that I am scum or independent", which might mean that "independent" is a little heavier in his mind at the moment than in mine – because I immediately was thinking in terms of town/scum. That would be weak evidence of him being independent.

Let me explain my thought process on why mpolo is likely scum since I realize I didn't do that very well in my last post. Put yourself in scum's shoes (and assume I'm town). Scum knew Diemo was not scum. Therefore Diemo is either town or independent. If Diemo is independent then he's probably a jester - bold claims lead to death so Diemo is probably not survivor or SK. Therefore Diemo is jester or town. If Diemo is town, then he must be telling the truth and Adam must be indie because scum knows Adam's not scum. And if Adam is indie, he's probably not survivor because I would have claimed survivor. I wasn't playing like a jester, so that means I would likely be an SK, meaning scum would want me majorly dead.

So from scum's perspective, either Diemo was jester and Adam was town (this was the case) or Diemo was town and I'm SK (this is probably what mpolo/scum thought). Either way, scum would want to lynch Adam, not Diemo.
-Adam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:07 pm UTC

To tell the truth, I hadn't even thought of independant as a possible alignment until you brought it up, and even then, the jester ploy fully escaped me. (Though I am proud of not having been on the jester-lynching wagon, for once, even if it was for the wrong reason.)

Seeing that Diemo came up neutral, his statement has no real meaning at all. The chances of Adam being independent have sunk considerably in my eyes.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:21 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Seeing that Diemo came up neutral, his statement has no real meaning at all.

This is another scum slip IMO. I (along with the other townies, I imagine) would have written "seeing that Diemo didn't come up town", not "seeing that Diemo came up neutral". Yesterday a townie sees two possibilities [Diemo is either town or not town], whereas a scum sees two possibilities [Diemo is either town or neutral].
-Adam

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:01 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:
mpolo wrote:Seeing that Diemo came up neutral, his statement has no real meaning at all.

This is another scum slip IMO. I (along with the other townies, I imagine) would have written "seeing that Diemo didn't come up town", not "seeing that Diemo came up neutral". Yesterday a townie sees two possibilities [Diemo is either town or not town], whereas a scum sees two possibilities [Diemo is either town or neutral].

While I agreed with your other analysis post above, I don't agree with this. I do believe that diemo being a jester is very different from diemo being scum, since that means that diemo didn't have more setup information than town had. Hence no useful information can be extracted from whatever he said yesterday. This would be different if he were town (which would make us believe him and lynch you) or if he were scum (in which case we would have to assume that you were town, or diemo was playing a weird gambit).

Then, I do understand that scum would have wanted you dead, but to be honest, mpolo wasn't overly aggressive towards you, he merely accused you of possibly being independent. While that might be indicative of him being scum, it might also just be townie D1 aggression even from your PoV. Furthermore, from my PoV, I have no way of telling whether you are not in fact scum trying to make use of the fact that you got targeted by a jester. As I explained above, the fact that diemo was indie means that no information can be extracted from his lynch, which means that I have no more information on you today than I had yesterday. That, plus the fact that you are extremely aggressive towards mpolo, makes me think that it might actually be you who is the scum. IGMEOY.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 pm UTC

Work is almost certainly going to be really hectic the next two days, I really must apologise but I have to take a "back seat" for this game day since I won't have time for proper analysis where I do re-reading.

I think Adam makes some good points but I'm not sure whether they're good points or whether Adam is just cunning scum who knows how to frame a townie.

I will read everyone's posts, and definitely try to have a vote. I will say now that my power only works if I'm on the wagon for the person who ends up being lynched, so I may put a vote down to be able to use my power and put an underlined vote down on the person I think actually deserves my vote where these don't match up.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:10 pm UTC

Stupid friggin jesters. I hate/always having hated them.

Vote order at the time of hammer, for whatever use making/can be made from it:

moody7277: kert
AdamH: Diemo, mpolo
Diemo: Madge, WtC, AdamH, dimochka, moody7277

Adam's chain of reasoning looks fairly solid. The part I think is shakiest is we only have his word he would have told/being telling us if he were a survivor. mpolo's terminology does seem a bit odd for town, though that doesn't feel like enough to me to do something about it yet.

Vote: WilliamtheConqueror

Voting for someone for saying nothing is, to me, not a good enough reason.

Kert

Postby Kert » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:24 am UTC

Checking in...will post tonight

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:06 pm UTC

vote kert

Because he has not provided any comment after promising to do so several times. if content does arise, i'll remove vote (assuming content makes sense).

Also, I feel much more comfortable about Adam than I do about mpolo at this point.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 pm UTC

Votes:

1 - mpolo
1 - WilliamtheConqueror
2 - kert

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:50 pm UTC

This won't do anything right now, but at some point in the game it may cause mpolo to die. Almost certainly it will not, but hey, might as well use it when I can.

Kill: mpolo
-Adam

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

care to explain what that means? what drives this?

also will wait for mod input, if any.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:22 pm UTC

I don't think I should say what triggers the kill. Then scum might be able to trigger it - or stop it from being triggered - depending on whichever suits their needs. I considered lying about the trigger to try to force scum to reveal whether they want to keep mpolo alive or not, but as much as I love a nice pro-town lie, I don't think it would be a very good idea here.

I fully expect this to have no impact on the game for at least a day or two, and most likely it never will.
-Adam

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:29 pm UTC

will you explain it if/when it triggers?

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:47 pm UTC

So scum can decide whether they trigger it or not? Big FoS on Adam for this. If scum is targeted, they won't kill themselves, and if town is targeted, they will either kill that town on a later day or leave them alive to spill wine. Either way, I can't see any advantage to using this skill. This is worse than a townie having a nightkill that doesn't work on scum.

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:49 pm UTC

Actually, I already said I had my eye on Adam, and this just made it worse. So might as well:

Vote: Adam

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:51 pm UTC

Votes:

1 - mpolo
1 - WilliamtheConqueror
1 - Adam
2 - kert

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:51 pm UTC

cemper93 wrote:So scum can decide whether they trigger it or not? Big FoS on Adam for this. If scum is targeted, they won't kill themselves, and if town is targeted, they will either kill that town on a later day or leave them alive to spill wine. Either way, I can't see any advantage to using this skill. This is worse than a townie having a nightkill that doesn't work on scum.
No, I'm saying that they might be able to affect it if I tell them the trigger. Therefore I won't tell them the trigger.
-Adam

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:55 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:will you explain it if/when it triggers?

If it hits town I definitely will. If it hits scum, I may just ask you to trust me, depending on the situation. Time travel makes everything more... interesting.
-Adam

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:58 pm UTC

If you know the trigger and believe that mpolo is scum, why don't you just trigger it right now?

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:15 pm UTC

I obviously don't have total control over it! Stop being so obtuse!
-Adam

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:38 pm UTC

I would definitely say that it was/having been a good measure of Adam's conviction against mpolo that he activated his explosive runes. May your aim be true. Cemper seems to have a rather personal curiosity about the mechanics. Events will play/had being played out as they will. In the meantime, I will be keeping an eye on you.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:20 pm UTC

I'm not quite sure what to say about this development. And I am worried that I have a time bomb that is going to blow up if I say the wrong thing.

Cemper's reaction is defending me, and I am pretty certain that cemper is town. However, I can understand that some people have seen his defense as scummy.

There are a couple people under suspicion for limited content, but as I find myself in a similar position (for real world reasons — 5 hour teacher conference this afternoon), I can hardly call that scummy.

I feel like Adam is latching onto something really tiny that he understood differently than I meant it. But that's nearly impossible to defend against. I was really in a totally scum-town division in my thinking, so that Diemo's statement meant that Adam was scum, but then Adam came up with "Diemo's statement would mean that I am scum or neutral", which made me think that he was neutral, and I thus didn't talk about the possibility that he was scum. In hindsight, Diemo's statement was a perfect jester play, and has no meaning at all. Adam's power, from what we know of it, is more likely townie, because scum usually act secretly.

Return to “Mafia”